The Makery Cake Company Reviews

The Makery Cake Company 6
The Makery Cake Company 7
  • GBAC :)

Kylee · Married on 08/31/2012

Jennifer did my awesome groomscake! It was a replica of one of his prized armwrestling trophies--not an everyday job!!! I live out of state so she never got to actually see the trophy. I sent her pictures and measurements and the final product was amazing!!!!! it was probably the biggest hit of the entire wedding!! my only regret is that it didnt get cut for everyone to enjoy! we had to devour it all on our own--and we did :) Jennifer was soooooooo easy to work with and I will call her everytime I need a cake!!

Sent on 09/07/2012
  • User2069732 · 2+ years ago

I ordered a groom's cake through them. They did an amazing job and the price wasn't unreasonable. The cake tasted amazing. Their butter cream frosting is delicious. They also have a very wide variety of cakes that they can do.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Kim · Married on 07/02/2012

The Makery did an AWESOME job with both the wedding cake and the groom's cake. We gave them a photo example of what we wanted for the wedding cake, which included a bit of a crazy design that would require power tools. They pulled it off exceptionally well! Also, for the groom's cake, we sent them a piece of music that they very meticulously and beautifully hand-piped on. It looked incredible, we received tons of compliments, and the cake tasted amazing. People are still raving about it a few weeks later, and friends are still calling and asking if they can help us dispose of it. The price was very reasonable, and we got a beautiful design out of butter cream icing (I've never been a huge fan of fondant). Also, they provide a sweetheart cake for the bride & groom the night of the wedding, and an anniversary cake a year later. The Makery does fantastic work!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Cake tasted fantastic, and looked exactly how I wanted! Wonderful job! Also they have open tastings every Sunday, so you can go as often as you want :)

Sent on 06/27/2012

The Makery was utterly fantastic! Our cakes were to die for and our guests finished every last piece!! The tastings were so fun and we were able to taste any combination we wanted. They were amazing and our cakes turned out EXACTLY how we wanted them. We worked with Katie and she was so patient through all of our questions and deliberations. We had a 3 tiered bridal cake and a groom's cake with a golf ball on a tee. The grass on the cake looked real and it was fabulous. I would recommend the Makery to everyone!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Susan · Married on 05/27/2012

I love sweets and I couldn't wait to taste cakes for the wedding. The Makery is a preferred vendor (by our venue), just one taste and we didn't have to look any more. There seems to be no limit for flavors or designs. I didn't get a full slice at the wedding. Thank goodness we got the sweetheart cake to take home. It was delicious. I love that we don't have to eat year old frozen cake on our anniversary. The Makery will provides a fresh one (as part of the package we had). Our guests enjoyed the cake too be because there wasn't much left over.

Sent on 06/03/2012

The Makery Cake Company is amazing. I brought in a picture of the cake I wanted, and sat down with one of their cake designers and went over everything with them once. I only went back to work out the details/logistics of the cake stand I wanted to provide myself. I didn't get to see the cake until I got announced into the reception, but it made my jaw drop!! It was so pretty and perfectly what I wanted!!! They are so easy to work with, they are responsive to any questions, and seriously, the cake is so good! They also provide a sweetheart cake for you and your spouse(!) to bring with you the night of because usually the bride and groom are too busy to eat cake (I definitely was), they also provide an anniversary cake that you'll order during your anniversary that's all included in the price of the wedding cake! They are highly recommended in my book!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Stacy · Married on 05/19/2012

The Makery makes the best wedding cake, hands down. We tried a LOT of bakeries and this one knocked our socks off. They did not disappoint with the cake. I only wish I had more to eat every day. I will definitely use them for all of my cake needs in the future.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Julie · Married on 04/27/2012

The most amazing moist cake I have ever had. Perfect decoration, delicious flavors! They were very professional but personal when designing the cake. I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/31/2012

cim · Married on 12/16/2011

The wedding cake The Makery made for my daughter's wedding was fantastic. We brought a photo to them of what we wanted it to look like and they created it for us. They were professional and pleasant to work with. They delivered the cake on time and set it up. Not only did it look beautiful but every layer was delicious. Many of our guests commented on how great looking and great tasting the cake was.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Krista · Married on 09/02/2011

I had never heard of The Makery until I got two references for it by two different people in the same day. I scheduled a cake tasting a few days later, and we ended our appointment with a deposit on our wedding cake. We worked with Erin, who was very friendly and offered many suggestions to help us design the wedding cake that my husband and I had envisioned. They offer free delivery within a 30-mile radius of their location, and the cake was delivered to the venue at the exact time that was scheduled on the day of the wedding. The cake looked even better than I had imagined, and tasted amazing! Some other perks include a sweetheart cake made for the bride and groom to take home after the wedding because so many couples hardly ever get a piece of the cake during the reception. And instead of eating year-old frozen cake on our first anniversary, The Makery will make a new cake for the couple the following year. The Makery has a wide selection of cake flavors, fillings, and icings, and work closely with the couple to make their perfect wedding cake.

Sent on 09/21/2011
  • I

Audrey · Married on 09/01/2011

I cannot say enough about the Makery! They created the most amazing cake i have ever seen for our wedding! Our guests were in awe of this cake, and I still hear about it nearly a year later. Our vision and needs were met with the utmost professionalism. I will never use another bakery and feel that any bride who did not chose the Makery would be missing something magical on her big day!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Alana · Married on 05/14/2011

Our cake was beautiful and it taste good. My husband loved his groomes cake.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Katie · Married on 01/01/2011

Highly recommend. I brought in my ideas, the cake designer sketched it out and incorporated each feature. The pricing was very competitive (we checked out 3 other bakeries in the greater Denver area), and found that The Makery offered the best cake variety, the best tasting frostings, the most flexibility to create my ideal cake, and the best overall value. My favorite layer was the strawberry cake with strawberry preserve filling. Yummy! Thank you Makery for a fabulous wedding cake! ~Katie and Mike 8-5-11

Sent on 11/12/2011

Kate · Married on 06/04/2010

AMAZING...so sweet and attentive, made sure we got the cake of our dreams...and oh yea, it was moist delicious and EVERYONE raved about it!!! Thank you!!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Briahna · Married on 04/30/2010

AMAZING CAKE!!! YOU MADE ALL MY CAKE DREAMS COME TRUE~ THANK YOU

Sent on 05/20/2010

Kriste · Married on 06/27/2009

delicious cake, great service, good presentation. no problems.

Sent on 01/26/2010

Susan · Married on 09/21/2008

The Makery did an excellent job of working with us to create the perfect wedding cake. They came up with a truly unique and special design for us.The cake tasted so good,it was even better than we could have imagined.The next time we need a cake,we are heading to The Makery.

Sent on 06/18/2009

Brad · Married on 09/15/2008

I never dreamed cake that looked that spectacular could taste so divine. She's a genius and an artist, let alone a sweetheart with perfect customer service. I'd recommend the Makery to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/07/2008
  • Shleenish

Ashlene · Married on 08/30/2008

Great cake, beautiful. Grooms cake was the best. Nice people, funny. Will do anything you want for your cake, and have great suggestions.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Angela · Married on 08/16/2008

They did the cake for our wedding and we were very impressed. The design of the cake was exactly as discussed, and the taste of the cake was fantastic.

Sent on 09/15/2008

Ashley · Married on 01/05/2008

My cake was a simple design, and they made it more beautiful than I imagined. The cost was very reasonable compared to other places we looked at, and it included free delivery within certain mileage AND they make you a fresh cake topper for your first anniversary! The cake was delicious, unlike some wedding cakes, and they had many different flavors available for tasting before ordering (all delicious!) They were also extremely flexible with design changes up to a week before the date, and allowed us to come in multiple times to make our decisions.
    I would recommend them again and again!

Sent on 07/15/2008
  • Sreinke11

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2007

You have complete freedom to design whatever cake your little heart desires! The Makery is fantastic! They have a wide variety of cake flavors and frostings. If you bring in a picture they will make the cake exactly the way that picture looks unless of course you want to modify it.

Sent on 04/01/2008

Jenn · Married on 09/01/2007

Delicious! I got lots of compliments on the cake, they do regular cake tastings, and ordering is simple. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/09/2008

steph · Married on 08/14/2007

Fantastic cake for the price went exactly with what i wanted

Sent on 08/19/2008