The Makery Cake Company Reviews

The Makery Cake Company 5
The Makery Cake Company 6
The Makery Cake Company 7

Lance · Married on 08/16/2014

We received many compliments on both the appearance and the taste of the cake we chose for our wedding. We had some fairly complicated design requests and all were easily accomodated. We are very glad that we chose The Makery for our wedding cake.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2014

I used the Makery for my wedding cake. We had a three tier cake with 3 different flavors and it was absolutely delicious! We had shopped around and had a little bit of sticker shock at the prices we found for wedding cakes. We met with Desiree and absolutely fell in love with the cake samples we had. We told Desiree the price range we wanted to be in and she helped us pick out a cake that we liked in a price range we were happy with. The Makery was on time with the cake and it was beautiful. The cake was so delicious many of our guests had second helpings.

Sent on 09/30/2014
  • User4320446 · 2+ years ago

We had a wedding with appr. 50 people. When we went to the taste testing, which is every Sunday - genius!!, we could not decide on a cake and ordered three tiers that would feed almost 80 people. The cake looked amazing. Just like we had it envisioned. Since we ordered a bigger cake we were looking forward to lots of left overs. Because from previous weddings we attended, we knew there is always tons left and not everyone will have cake. Unfortunately there was not a crumb left of our cake. It was devoured. Guests could not stop talking about how good the cake was.
    But The Makery will make you an extra small cake just for the bride and groom. Which I could not wait to dig into the next day. And it still tasted amazing. Also you will get an anniversary cake, so you do not have to freeze anything.
    I can only recommend this place if you need a cake of any kind. They are well worth the money.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/04/2014

The wedding cake tasted so good! I was eating leftovers for far longer than I probably should have because I just couldn't throw it away. Best cake ever. The grooms cake was a sight to see! Like a piece of art.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/26/2014

The cake they created for me was so beautiful, I didn't want to cut it! It was exactly what I asked for, yet more beautiful than I was anticipating. Tasted great!

Sent on 08/25/2014

The Makery Cake Company was wonderful to work with for our wedding cake needs. We ordered three flavors of cupcakes and they were all delicious and beautifully presented! The process of taste testing, ordering, and delivery the day of was so easy! We would highly recommend The Makery for any event!!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Althea · Married on 03/28/2014

Absolutely delicious cake. The design and the taste of the cake was spectacular. They produced a cake that was talked about for a very long time. The staff worked with us closely and called to make for sure they had everything correct a couple of days before the wedding.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Yum and beautiful! And our cake was all fake, except for the topping and no one knew!

Sent on 04/11/2014

Regina · Married on 01/03/2014

After searching through so many over priced bakeries in Denver, my husband and I were thankful to find The Makery. They were absolutely lovely from the get go. They knew exactly what we were looking for and all of my guests couldn't stop raving about the cake! Such lovely people!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Andi · Married on 12/30/2013

Our cake was unbelievable! It was everything that I wanted, and all of it was eaten. We chose a pink champagne flavor with a fresh strawberry filling. It was a three tiered cake with an ivory background, and white mountains and pine trees for decor. The Makery was wonderful and easy to work with, and my cake was everything that I wanted and more.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/31/2013

Everyone at The Makery did a wonderful job making the cupcakes for my wedding. I gave them the theme of the wedding -- steampunk -- and they ran with it, making everything more wonderful than I could have thought of myself. The process of ordering quantities and how everything was supposed to work was handled very well.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Allison · Married on 08/31/2013

My mother makes cakes as a hobby. She has made some wedding cakes for family, and made a beautiful shower cake for me. I know my way around cakes and baking, and I am picky! My mother in law and husband are not big cake fans. They are the people who usually turn down the cake at weddings. All of us ABSOLUTELY LOVE the cake from The Makery. We were given 6 free cupcakes from The Makery by our Photographer when we signed our contract. We took them home with us and had them for desert that night... all six of them! At this point we stopped looking for someone to make our wedding cake. I was nervous that with cake that good the price at The Makery would be out of our price range, but was surprised and excited to find out that they were actually about 50¢ cheaper per head than some of the other bakeries I had been looking at. And one of my bridesmaids, who is deathly allergic to tree nuts, was given a real treat at the wedding, as The Makery was able to ensure that the cake was 100% nut safe! (You don't know how much of a miracle that is until you try to find nut safe deserts!) We decided on two flavors for our wedding cake - layers of White Genoise and Pink Champaign alternating. My husband and I both had two pieces of cake on our wedding night... one of each flavor... because both were just so good. AND the cake was beautiful on top of all of this!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Bianca · Married on 08/31/2013

For some reason finding a cake was the hardest part of my wedding planning. I tried a couple of places and really didn't like the cake (who knew that was possible). I also found a lot places I wanted to try were already booked on my date, even 4-5 months in advance. Or, the one I disliked the most, some places made me feel my design options were very limited because I did not want fondant, we just don't like it!

But then I found The Makery. My dad and I went for a tasting and were very impressed. Neither of us cares for chocolate cake but we both agreed that the chocolate cake at The Makery was amazingly tasty. My dad fell in love with the white chocolate cream cheese frosting and it became a requirement. For anyone debating, it is definitely worth the extra money!

When it came time to discuss our details we only had a vague idea of what we wanted, but we gave that to Erin as well as our color swatches and away we went. She did not limit our design based on our not wanting fondant and she never tried to force it upon us.

Now the strange thing about the cake is that you never see it before the day of. That is a little unsettling, but the moment it came in it was everything we wanted it to be and more. Our vague vision was there in real life just as we had imagined it to be. It was delivered on time, set up and ready in no time at all, and they even gave us a cake to take with us to the hotel that night.

The cake was, as we expected, delicious. We received rave reviews on the frosting from people who do not like frosting.

I would highly recommend the Makery to anyone who finds themselves in need of a beautiful, delicious, cake.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Megan · Married on 08/31/2013

We hired The Makery for our wedding cake this summer and could not have had a better experience! The tasting was a breeze, they were super helpful in recommended combinations and ways to incorporate different flavors for myself and my groom. I have to tell you that the most important thing to my mother was "the cake" - it is her favorite part of a wedding, something she looks forward to at every one she goes to so her stamp of approval means a lot. Everything tasted great and the design was gorgeous. I had an out there style that they were able to compliment with the gorgeous cake. Definitely the best for great design, and great tasting cake!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Mario · Married on 08/03/2013

All of our guests loved our cake! We did carrot & tres leches and they were ... super yummy! :)

Sent on 08/18/2013

Megan · Married on 07/27/2013

When I first started planning my wedding I had my heart set on another bakery right down the street from me, but I figured where is the fun in only going to one tasting! So I did some research and saw that the Makery had some amazing reviews and I thought what the heck, I'll try them. My fiance showed up for our tasting and it was absolutely delicious. Then, not long after our tasting we got a hand written note of thanks for coming in and that they hoped that we chose them to be our vendor. For once, my fiance and I felt appreciated during this whole wedding process. Their level of professionalism and their quality of service was what made my fiance and I decide to use the Makery, not just their incredibly delicious cupcakes. The day of the cupcakes were delivered right on time and set up beautifully. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious they were, especially the amaretto poppy seed!! I cannot thank the Makery enough!

Sent on 07/31/2013

My wedding cake was fantastic! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted great to! The best part is that they send you home with a sweetheart cake because my husband and I didn't really get a chance to eat the cake at the reception.

Sent on 08/01/2013

My family has used The Makery to make cakes for graduations, bridal showers, engagement parties, and weddings and we have never been disappointed! We worked with Katie, who designed our cake based off of a few pictures and it came out better than I could have imagined! The Makery also created our groom's cake, which was a tackle box. It looked so amazing and not at all like cake! This team is amazing!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Heather · Married on 06/15/2013

Everything was absolutely perfect! They were great to work with and answered all my questions. I would absolutely use them again!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2013

I had a hard time finding a cake that I liked. I finally found a picture online. I took it to The Makery and asked if they could duplicate it. She said that she could and it came out beautiful. After attending several of there free cake tastings on Sundays we booked our private cake tasting to decide our final cake choices --Grandma Mavis Chocolate --to die for!

At the reception the cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. Everyone raved. Plus, they even made us a special cake to take with us to the hotel that night. A wonderful and classy touch.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Lydia · Married on 04/26/2013

I chose to have cupcakes at my wedding instead of a traditional cake, and I had a certain recipe that I wanted (the Makery already had one similar!). I met with Erin, and we were able to settle on 3 flavors. The cupcakes looked wonderful when the arrived, they were set up for us, and tasted fabulous. I got so many compliments on them! The whole process was pleasant and super easy!

Sent on 04/27/2013

The Makery co made our wedding cake and groom's cake. They both tasted excellent and our 3D Guinness bottle cake was a huge hit! They listened to our ideas and both cakes came out exactly how we imagined.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Our cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing. When they arrived with the cake and I had missplaced part of the topper they helped me improvize to make it look like it had been planned.

Sent on 11/12/2012

I've worked with them in the past and they are amazing, which is why I hired them for my wedding. I didn't have a cake, I had wedding pies and they were delicious. Many people told me after the wedding that is was the best pie they had ever tasted. They are so friendly to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Ruth · Married on 09/21/2012

The Makery staff was so friendly, they made it such an easy experience throughout the whole process! The cake was decorated beautifully and was a big hit with our guests! Thank you for doing a great job and being a part of our special day!

Sent on 09/23/2012