The Mackey House Reviews

156 | Savannah, GA

156 Reviews for The Mackey House

Laura · Married on 09/28/2013

Wow, wow, wow. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. All night long, people were grabbing me to tell me how much they enjoyed being there and the outstanding attitudes of all the employees. One friend even phrased it that he felt like he was at a relative's house because everyone was so eager to help and make everyone happy. They made our whole event just amazing, easy, and completely nonstressful. (and for a crazy bride, that is exactly what you need!!!)

Sent on 10/01/2013

The Mackey House's reply:

Wow, thanks Laura for your comments. You and Danny were wonderful to work with and this certainly helped make for a great event. We take a lot of effort to ensure your guests feel "at home". Since our venue is a "home" setting we feel the service should reflect the venue. We're happy your guests enjoyed themselves.

Theresa · Married on 08/11/2013

My daughter Heather got married at the Mackey House on August 11, 2013. We could not have been more pleased. The setting is beautiful and the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. Dave the DJ and wedding coordinator was terrific! This was our first wedding and he thought of everything. When I look back, I cannot imagine planning a wedding without his help. It was well worth the price! In my daughter's words, "It was perfect!"

Sent on 09/01/2013

The Mackey House's reply:

It is weddings like this that allows all of us at the Mackey House to enjoy our relationships with our clients. It is very satisfying for us to know that we were able to provide the "perfect" day for our couple. Thanks!

Leanne · Married on 06/29/2013

We had a beautiful and stressfree wedding! Everything from florist to cake to photographer was perfect! They even made the weather somehow cooperate!! Lol ( the fact that there was a backup plan in case of inclimate weather created a stress free environment, as well)

Sent on 06/29/2013

Katrina · Married on 06/29/2013

Our daughter and son-in-law were married this weekend at the Mackey House and everything went perfect! From the time we first met with Trey Mackey, the entire team at the Mackey House went out of their way to try to meet all of our needs and capture our daughter's vision of her wedding day! We are so glad we used Dave Gibson, the Mackey House wedding coordinator. His attention to detail and hosting the wedding as the MC allowed us to enjoy the day and our guests without worry! We chose to use a live band, the Emerald Empire Band, who was outstanding creating an opportunity for everyone to dance! Our photographer, Ash Little captured every moment! His work up to, and the day of the wedding has been truly impressive! We look forward to the photos! Shelly was our go Mackey House person leading up to the wedding and the day of the event. She was a lifesaver, always there for us, responsive and eager to help make sure our day was perfect! We also chose David Jackson as our florist, as a result of the Mackey House recommendation. He was absolutely wonderful to work with and did a unbelievable job! He met with us several times and listened to my daughter's vision and even agreed to incorporate all the things that she had made, bought and received that she wanted at her wedding! All of the flowers, the bouquets and the decorations were stunning! We also used the Magnolia Grill Catering, another Mackey House recommendation. They were amazing! They set up the stations to fit in with Rachel's wedding theme and their food was delicious!! We had many guest tell us how wonderful the food was and they were amazed at how much food we had. I think the Mackey House and their team provided a beautiful setting, capturing our vision and provided great value for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding! We recommend them without hesitation!

Sent on 07/01/2013

The Mackey house was absolutely wonderful to work with! They were always helpful and did everything to make our wedding perfect!!!

Sent on 07/06/2013

If you're getting married in Savannah, look no further than the Mackey House! Not only is the venue absolutely BEAUTIFUL, but the staff becomes like your family! The grounds are magical in any season, with that old southern house charm and gorgeous gardens and ponds in the back. We planned this wedding from Ohio and only went to the Mackey House ONCE. But if we couldn't have made it down there, we still could have planned it all just as perfectly as it was! Dave is the DJ/Wedding Coordinator and you won't find anyone better to make your wedding dreams come true. Between Dave and Shelley, you tell them your wedding vision, and they make it happen--no matter how unique or complicated or simple! As Dave said to me "Let me take your anxiety away and give you an amazing wedding." And that is just what happened! Our day could not have been more fairytale and perfect, and it's because of the Mackey House! We even had an issue with the florist--some of our boutinneires were wrong and our arbor we were getting married under was also wrong! But the staff didn't let me panic--they fixed the boutenierres on the spot, and made the arbor into something absolutely beautiful and even more amazing than what I had originally planned! During the ceremony and reception, the staff was busting their butts to make everything go smoothly, and they always had a smile on their face. It's not just an amazing venue that your guests will talk about forever: it becomes like a part of your family :)

Sent on 07/10/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2013

The Mackey house is the most amazing, beautiful wedding. Our wedding far exceeded any of our expectations. They do an amazing job! The venue itself takes your breath away it is so beautiful! Shelley works with you to individualize it .... She has great ideas herself and is outstanding to work with!!! Jamie
    Weaver photography is wonderful! She has amazing, creative ideas and is extremely talented ... A must have!! Another must have is David Jackson. ... Our flowers were extraordinary beautiful!! I could not have asked for more! DJ Dave ... Amazing! Super fun! Had everyone dancing!!. Dave made our wedding so much fun and had everyone dancing!!! Finally, we still our getting phone calls about the amazing food (magnolia grill catering) !!! Wow! You all were amazing to work with and really work with you to individualize a menu that is fun, and amazing!!! People want your shrimp and grit recipe ... The roast beef my mom and best friend said it was the best they had ever had, I loved loved the BBQ, Butch loved the crab cakes, and the Mac and cheese bar was awesome!!! They do a Southern fried Krispy Kreme donut station that is best thing I have ever tasted!!! And when I mentioned I wanted glow in the dark cotton candy ... They called me and said let's do it and it was the coolest thing ever!!! Thank you so much for making our day so special, beautiful, and so much fun!! If you are looking to get married this is the place and these are the vendors!!! They make it easy and they take care of everything!! Everyone said planning a wedding is stressful, but with all of these vendors and Shelley and Dave ,... They really make it so easy!!! You will not be disappointed!! I brought in some candy and jars and they turned it into the most amazing candy bar... They know what they are doing ... And keep up with the latest trends in weddings and Pinterest ... Amazing!!!! Thanks again ... Lisa and Butch

Sent on 06/17/2013

Thomas · Married on 06/05/2013

My daughters wedding was perfect. The staff at The Mackey house were top notch. The planning was smooth. The Mackey House staff were attentive and professional. They did everything in their power to make the day a success and it was. I felt comfortable and at ease through the whole process. Can't say enough great things about Dave. He was fantastic. This is truly an amazing venue. The grounds were beautiful. We recommend that if you are looking for a southern style venue look no further. The Mackey House has it all!!! We can't thank you all enough.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2013

We love this venue! They were so amazing to work with! The made it stress free for me and I loved it! Everyone told use how beautiful it was and they had a great time! You need to book Mackey House for your wedding you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Anne · Married on 05/12/2013

When our daughter was looking for a place for her wedding and reception there were a few things in particular that she was looking for:
    *A nice spot that was not outrageously expensive
    *A place that would take care of everything...like decorations, set-up, clean-up, etc
    *A place located in an area people would be interested in traveling to.
    With The Mackey House we found everything we were looking for...and more.
    Anne and John Kaminski
    The location minutes from Historic Downtown Savannah made a perfect destination. We had a fun weekend seeing the sights in Savannah and capped it off with a great wedding celebration at the Mackey House.
    May in Savannah is lovely...and nowhere was that more obvious than the grounds of the house. The green trees, the flowers....the fountain...beautiful by day and then lit up at night for a festive touch.
    The Mackey House has vendors that they work with and/or services available...but they are also open to working with others.We used some of theirs and some of our own...everyone worked together just fine. We took advantage of the "resident" DJ- Dave...who basically ran the show. He had everyone where they needed to be and when they needed to be there and kept our party going from the start of the ceremony to the sparkler lit send-off at the end of the night.
    Everyone who came enjoyed the celebration and the beautiful location.
    We certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a special spot for their own celebration.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Jim · Married on 05/05/2013

“Everyone who has written us thank you notes has nothing but the very best to say about the ambiance, the food, the presentation, of the mackey house, there top-hatted doorman, etc. etc. The favorite comment is “You have set a new standard for weddings at the Landings”. We want to thank you so much for all the effort you and your staff put into making this event one to remember with fond memories. Everything went off like clockwork from beginning to end. It is obvious you all have a love for your work and put your all into the effort. If asked, “would you recommend The Mackey House”‘ the answer would be a resounding “YES”. Thank you again for a truly remarkable and pleasurable event.”

Sent on 05/23/2013

Andy · Married on 04/17/2013

I just want to thank The Mackey House very much for letting us use there venue and for handling our reception last month. We greatly appreciate it! We received tons of compliments on our reception – not solely on the food or how smoothly everything went, but also on the beauty of the house itself. We couldnt have picked a better venue!

Sent on 05/23/2013

"A very sincere thank you for making our daughter Kamala's special wedding day have the perfect ending! The reception was just wonderful! The food was absolutely delicious; the staff was very accommodating and helpful; the setting, well, what can you say about such a lovely house? Thank you for your attention to detail as well as your professionalism. It will be a pleasure to recommend The Mackey House and its staff to anyone - and we will!! Again, thank you for making the reception all that I trusted and hoped it would be."
    -Martha Bristow

Sent on 04/08/2013

Jenn · Married on 03/22/2013

When my daughter got engaged the one thing she was adamant about was having an outdoor wedding that was true Savannah. The grooms family were all coming in from out of town. I found your website and had her check it out, she was sold. We visited with Fred and Dave, the wedding coordinator and DJ, and I couldn't have been more pleased...most of the work was going to be done for us. The wedding day itself it began to sprinkle just before the ceremony was to start and at that time Dave gave us the option of moving it into the beautiful Pavilion but, my daughter wanted it in the garden so immediately there was umbrellas being brought out to the guests and beautiful white parasol for the bridesmaids. Great photo pictures! The rain ended as the ceremony ended and smooth sailing after. Dave was great! Shelley and Laura couldn't have been more accommodating, making sure everything was perfect! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting and night to remember always! Thank you for everything!
    Jennifer Broyles

Sent on 03/26/2013

Allison · Married on 03/17/2013

I cannot possibly put into words how perfect our wedding day turned out. The Mackey House is incredibly beautiful and made our bid day seen as if it was straight out of a fairytale. Thank you for always being so kind during our wedding planning process. The Mackey family will forever have a special place in the hearts of the Cochran and Patterson family. thank you, thank you, thank you a thousand times over. Josh and Allison Patterson

Sent on 04/10/2013

Jake · Married on 12/01/2012

Hello! I hope this finds you well and your enjoying the holidays! Jake and I just wanted to extend to you a belated, but very heartfelt Thank You for opening your beautiful venue to us for our wedding. It was absolutely everything we dreamed it would be and more. I truly cant imagine a more perfect setting that embodies both the charm and beauty of Savannah, as well as the warm Southern Hospitality that makes Georgis so welcoming. Please also thank your incredible staff who took every efoort to make our wedding so special. We felt so blessed and fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. We appreciate your patience and kindness through the planning processs- I know it was tricky with us being across country. We are so proud and grateful to say we got married at the Mackey House_ what incredible memories we made in the most majestic of places. Best wishes to you and yours for the holidays.!

With endless Thanks,

Love, Jake and Lauren Roguemore

Jake · Married on 12/01/2012

Hello! I hope this finds you well and enjoying the holidays! Jake and I just wanted to extend to you a belated, but very heartfelt Thank You for opening your beautiful venue to us for our wedding. It was absolutely everything we dreamed it would be and more. I truly cant imagine a more perfect setting that embodies both the charm and beauty of Savannah, as well as the warm Southern Hospitality that makes Georgis so welcoming. Please also thank your incredible staff who took every efoort to make our wedding so special. We felt so blessed and fortunate to have such amazing people working with us. We appreciate your patience and kindness through the planning processs- I know it was tricky with us being across country. We are so proud and grateful to say we got married at the Mackey House_ what incredible memories we made in the most majestic of places. Best wishes to you and yours for the holidays.!

With endless Thanks,

Love, Jake and Lauren Roguemore

Kat · Married on 11/09/2012

As the mother of the bride, with a daughter planning a destination wedding at the Mackey House, I was a little concerned how things would turn out. My fears were unfounded. I could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding for my daughter. My family and friends are still talking about how wonderful the wedding was. The home and grounds were beautiful and the food was fabulous. Dave was great and went over and above to insure that the wedding was how we had envisioned.
    I would not hesitate to recommend the Mackey House for the wedding of your dreams!

M · Married on 10/28/2012

Words can not express our gratitude for all that you did to make Laurens and Jakes wedding so special and beautiful. Everything was perfect!!! From the beauty of the gardens and the house to the amazing food. Your attention to detail shows in every single aspect. You and your staff are just wonderful. It shows in everything that you do how much you love what you do and care about making people happy and we could not have been happier!! Thank you so much for giving us such a wonderful and amazing wedding. Love and Blessings.
    The Gadd Family

Glenda · Married on 10/13/2012

Yesterday was such a beautiful day for Amanda and David. You provide the most beautiful location and atmosphere for a wedding. The two of you, Dave, and Bobby made the whole day run smoothly and gave me the opportunity to enjoy that special day with my daughter. Thank you again for opening up your home and the effort that you all put in to making their day so special. All of our guests just raved about the setting and the wonderful experience that they had at your home. Thank you again for your guidance and support through the planning and the event. You are all wonderful people and I will always recommend The Mackey House as the perfect place for any special event.

Love,
    Glenda and Ricky Miles

Lisa · Married on 09/23/2012

My niece just got married yesterday (Sept. 23, 2012) at the Mackey House. It has such a beautiful peaceful atmosphere. From the minute you step onto the pebble walkways, you feel the peacefulness. The grounds are immaculate and very pretty. The food was delicious and plentiful. The decorations and set up were gorgeous. You all did a fabulous job and I will recommend you to anyone looking for a venue. Thanks for making my niece’s day wonderful. ***** (5 star).

Mark · Married on 07/01/2012

The Mackey House provided a exquisite venue for our daughter’s wedding. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous and provided beautiful views for all of our wedding pictures. Mrs. and Mrs. Mackey are well-organized and have a great staff that work tirelessly to accommodate their guests. It was so nice to have them coordinate the decorating, music, catering, etc. Dave, the DJ, was a very helpful and efficient wedding coordinator. The reception was wonderful, and the food was exceptional. Our only complaint was that the July weather was hot for an outdoor wedding but they did have a fully air conditioned pavilion and great air int the house. Had it not been for the heat, the day would have been perfect! Our experience at the Mackey House exceeded our expectations, and we were so pleased with our wedding day experience.

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • Savanna

Savanna · Married on 05/26/2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the Mackey House and it was absolutely perfect! I've always dreamed of what my wedding would be like and they truly made it come to life. Everything from the planning down to the clean up afterward, the Mackey House staff were there for us the whole way through. I highly recommend hiring Dave to DJ your wedding as well as he is extremely professional and truly made our wedding special. Everything from the rehearsal to the bride and groom exit flowed smoothly and easily. I highly recommend the Mackey House!!

Sent on 06/15/2012

John · Married on 05/18/2012

Mike and I had the pleasure of having our wedding at the Mackey House. What an amazing experience it was! From the down home hospitality to the constant availability to the questions and planning that takes place with a wedding. Thank you, Fred and Laura for the attention to detail..
    Music was very important to My Husband and I for our ceremony and Dave was an amazing asset to our Day! Thank you, Dave for your expertise and Direction… You made our wedding perfect!!!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/28/2012

The Mackey House did an AMAZING job with my wedding. They take care of SO much and are so helpful that I was able to enjoy my day without worrying about details. They were very flexible with details that I wanted to add to make my wedding unique. For example, I designed my own center pieces instead of using theirs and fully expected to have to set them up myself. However, at the rehearsal they let us know that we could set one up as an example and they would do the rest! They also let us put pictures of ourselves all over the house so that it looked like our own home. They put up flowers and paper lanterns in my color scheme without me having to ask. They worked with my wedding band to make sure they sounded great. The food was AMAZING. I would recommend them to anyone getting married in Savannah!!

Sent on 05/15/2012