Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

10 Reviews for The Lyceum

Event Rentals (1)
Outside Cake (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
10 The Lyceum Reviews

This is a beautiful and affordable venue and the staff is excellent. We have booked this venue for October 2017 and can't wait to start planning the day.

Profile Picture Deena, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Indoor, Chairs, Tables

We booked the Lyceum for our wedding in July and the venue is absolutely gorgeous! It is perfect for having your wedding and reception all in one place and Cynthia is so flexible and great about responding to emails, answering questions, and helping you along the way. The beautifully restored hardwood floors, ceiling and stained glass windows are gorgeous. Could not have found a better place for our special day than The Lyceum

Profile Picture Jami, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bridal Suite, Indoor, Parking, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables

Top notch service and the value is amazing! Cynthia and her staff were very accommodating in regards to the payment plan and deposit along with any questions or concerns that I had. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS and our wedding day was amazing. One of my really good friends got married here 3 years ago and I absolutely fell in love with the venue as it is seriously stunning! The only downside is that the bridal suite is really small, but it's a small price to pay for the cost and scenery of the venue. Overall five stars hands down!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Alcohol, Indoor, Outside Cake, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Dance Floor, Lighting, Chairs, Parking, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite

The Lyceum is so gorgeous, inside and out! Cynthia, Linda and Brenda were so helpful. I attended an open house in January and got to see the beautiful architecture and stained glass windows. The venue itself can be set up in several different ways. We rented both sides of the venue Lyceta and the Lyceum, to have a ceremony side and a reception side. It worked out fabulous. There's a small bridal suite where you can get ready in, but I recommend bringing a little fan (We got married in My and it was a little warm). There's also an elevator for those guests who need accommodations. Brenda was there the day of the wedding and she was just amazing. She even helped cut our cake. If you want a classic, beautiful venue that has a "church feel" without being restricted on certain vendors, then this is the place for you!

Profile Picture Ashlyn, 5/14/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cynthia and her staff were awesome, especially Brenda! We did engagement and bridal photoshoots, as well our reception. They were so flexible about everything, especially the photoshoots.Brenda brought us wine and appetizers in the waiting room prior to our grand entrance. It was greatly appreciated by husband and me, as well as our attendants! beautiful venue and amazing staff!

Profile Picture User4632931, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with the Lyceum when we went to view it. The architecture, old wooden floors and walls, and the stained glass windows were so romantic! Cynthia, Linda and Brenda were all very helpful. Cynthia responded to my emails and phone calls within a reasonable time answering all my questions throughout the months of preparation (and I had a lot!). She was flexible in helping me prepare for the big day. Linda helped out with explaining how the floor plan could be set up best and helped with our lighting and sound checks. Brenda was the coordinator on the day-of and she kept everything and everyone in line. All of them were great in answering the million questions we had because I was so nervous. The Lyceum provided the tables and chairs set-up and break-down which was a GREAT help! On the day-of when we would have a guest come up to congratulate us, each and every one commented about how much the loved the venue and asked how we found it! It is a great deal, lovely place and will definitely make your big day feel like a romantic fairy tale. It's charm can go with any theme and it was absolutely PERFECT for ours!

Profile Picture Audrie, 1/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Dance Floor, Lighting, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

They were absolutely amazing. From the beginning Cynthia was so quick to respond and so patient with all of my questions. I'm a naturally anxious/perfectionist so of course I had about 30 questions in my very first email. They were so accommodating. I had a destination wedding and they were willing to open early on a Saturday so we could make some other appointments that day. It's absolutely gorgeous. Our pictures with the stained glass are gorgeous and it really set the mood of our wedding. The woodwork is breathtaking. On the day of the wedding the caretaker made sure we knew where to go and even helped carry my train she was so, so sweet. Can't give them enough high praise.

Profile Picture User5143054, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
4.7

Beautiful place, so helpful when i needed it . Everything turned out amazing :-)

Profile Picture Heather, 4/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

(I think I left a review for The Lyceum, but my daughter's wedding date was WAYmessed up - wanted the readers to know that this review was for a wedding that took place 02/19/2011...........) So, once again: The Lyceum (in Glaveston) is a wonderful place for any wedding and/or reception. The historical look & feel of the church helps to create a perfect place for any wedding. The wooden floors, the stained glass windows, the stairs leading into The Lyceum - it really is a beautiful venue. The coordinator, Cynthia, is incredibly easy to work with and returns phone calls in a prompt manner. Galveston is a great place to host a wedding and The Lyceum is a must-see venue. My daughter actually found The Lyceum while looking in Galveston for a church - we couldn't believe how reasonably priced it was and how easy Cynthia was to work with. A great facility at a great price -- just wonderful. Thanks Cynthia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 2/19/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cynthia and her staff are amazing to work with! They made everything run so smoothly. The Lyceum is GORGEOUS and I would recommend it to any bride!

Profile Picture Kim, 2/19/11, 6 Reviews