The Lucky Cakery Reviews

23 | Stephens City, VA

23 Reviews for The Lucky Cakery

23 The Lucky Cakery Reviews

Elizabeth · Married on 08/26/2017

For cake decadent enough for royalty look no further than the Lucky Cakery! We had our fairytale wedding last month and our ceremony cake and mini cupcakes were one of the many rave reviews of our night. We can't wait to continue to use her for years to come

The Lucky Cakery 1

Kimberlee · Married on 08/05/2017

We just got married last weekend and we are still dreaming about that cake! It was absolutely gorgeous and delicious! We had two different flavors and each were amazing! We also had ordered sugar cookies as wedding favors which were equally delicious. All of our guests could not stop talking about how good the cake was!! Kimberly was so kind and she worked with us the entire way! We would absolutely recommend The Lucky Cakery to anyone!!

Kathleen · Married on 07/22/2017

I used the Lucky Cakery for a surprise groom's cake. Kimberly exceeded any expectation I had with this cake! It was a 3D Yoda in a Laker's jersey and she even gave him a light-up light saber that made noise!! It was a huge hit with all my guests, they posed and took pictures with the cake all night long! And it tasted great too!! Awesome communication leading up to the event and we couldn't have asked for a better playful groom's cake, it was spectacular!!!!

Debra · Married on 11/05/2016

The Lucky Cakery is the place to go for your wedding cake or cupcakes. My husband and I got married in November 2016 and we couldn’t have asked for a better vendor. Kimberly was up front from the beginning and very thorough. She allowed for us to have an in person consultation and tasting. The cupcakes were so delicious and the options she provided were numerous. She set a limit for the tasting to just 4 cakes and 4 icings, but allowed for us to taste a couple more in person. The prices were affordable and the cupcakes were delicious. As far as execution, she put together exactly what I had envisioned. I was able to show her a picture and provide specifics, and she turned it into exactly what we wanted. All the guests enjoyed the cupcakes too!

Amy · Married on 10/29/2016

Kim with the Lucky Cakery was an amazing choice for our wedding. My husband and I chose to have a small cake to cut into but then we chose a variety of cupcake sizes and flavors and our guests went crazy for them! People were making sure to try every flavor because each one was delicious and they were a big hit.

Brenda · Married on 10/15/2016

We had Kimberly make our wedding cutting cake and three flavors of cupcakes. They were all delicious. She is a talented cake designer. We were very pleased with everything. Can't wait to order another cake from her!!

Heather · Married on 08/27/2016

Our cake was gorgeous and we couldn't have been happier with it! We received so many compliments from our guests. Kimberly is extremely talented and creates beautifully unique and delicious cakes.

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

As a pastry chef and cake decorator myself I was very, very picky with what i wanted for my wedding cake. Lucky Cakery was absolutely amazing in every way possible. Kimberley more then exceeded all expectations that I had for my cake. It was absolutely beautiful to look at, everyone at the reception was awed by how beautiful it turned out, most couldn't believe that it wasn't covered in fondant and was all icing! It looked identical to the picture that I had given her (Plus an extra layer). It was stunning. Now the taste. It was unbelievably good, it was a point of discussion all night long at our wedding on how fantastic the cake tasted, no one had ever had a wedding cake that was so good in their lives and thank goodness we ordered extra cake, as well as the Purple Iris cutting pieces small so many people tried both flavors we had. We had a Strawberry Cream cake , and the Black Forest Cake (So good!) both with the white chocolate cream cheese frosting, it worked out perfectly the guests who didn't prefer chocolate loved the Strawberry, and those who love chocolate, like my self, fawned over the Black Forest. At one point they had cut 3 trays of cake and the event coordinator went to round up servers to pass cake outside to the guests around the tables, by the time they came back all the cut cake was gone! Everyone just loved it so much. Kim was great and excited to do our cake and the process with her was fantastic and she had so many choices to pick from there is no way you could go wrong with any cake you choose from her! Thank you so much!!!

Christy · Married on 04/02/2016

I was so impressed with the groom's cake that The Lucky Cakery created for our wedding!!! Not only was the cake delicious, but the artwork was amazing!!! She did a fabulous job creating the most adorable groom's cake! The groom was thrilled and guests talked about it all evening! I would highly recommend The Lucky Cakery!

Leslie · Married on 08/29/2015

The Lucky Cakery was very quick to contact me with any questions or concerns and her cakes look amazing! Look forward to working with her on my big day!

Barbara · Married on 07/11/2015

Kimberly is the one to choose! She works from the home, and is so passionate about her cakes. She had everything where it needed to be and truly encapsulated what I had dreamed in my head, to a beautiful set of cupcakes and wedding cake for my husband and I. She even hand made a stencil that could be used on the side of the cake, as she did not have something like it! How Creative!!! Wonderful price! Wonderful service! You won't be disappointed!

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2015

Excellent... The cake was designed just as described. I had provided the silk flowers and ribbons for the cake and the use of these items were top notch. The recommendation for cake flavors were excellent I was very pleased with the look and taste of the cake. I would highly recommend this business for any cake not just for wedding but birthday or any special event. Her services are top notch.

Laura · Married on 06/20/2015

Lucky Cakery did an amazing job on our beautiful cake and cupcakes. The cake looked amazing with the details including the amazing flowers. We thank Kimberly for her hard work and for being so easy to work with. Our guests LOVED the cupcakes. They were beautiful and were a delicious treat. We highly recommend Lucky Cakery for any occasion!

James · Married on 12/31/2014

We were impressed by Kimberly's amazing design ability, and the excellent value for the money. From start to finish, we had confidence in her ability to deliver a special cake for our wedding based on her professionalism, excellent responsive communication, and her guidance in choosing a style and the flavors. It is very clear that she loves what she does, is very creative and skillful, and she has a keen eye for detail. We had a great tasting session with her, and we agreed on the spot to work with her. Kimberly was very responsive to our wants and ideas, and on the special day, she arrived with a spectacular cake that truly was a centerpiece.

Kimberly's cake is wonderful! She is very helpful and flexible!

We did a cupcake spread for our wedding and they were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved them and they looked great! The pumpkin flavor cupcake with white chocolate frosting was AMAZING!

This lady makes the most beautiful and delicious cakes you will ever eat. My wedding cake was unique and beautiful. But most important, the guests loved and said it was the best cake they'd had at a wedding! We got to choose from a large variety of flavors of cake, icings and fillings. Easy to work with and she definitely delivered an exceptional cake!

tammy · Married on 05/31/2014

The wedding cake was not only beautiful, but frankly, it was delicious! In fact, the best wedding cake I've ever had. We also ordered a cheesecake as the grooms cake that was every bit as delicious as the wedding cake. All our guests remarked on how wonderful the presentation, taste and designs of each cake were. Thank you for helping to make our daughter's wedding special!

Rachel · Married on 04/26/2014

Kimberly was so talented and flexible. She goes out of her way to make you happy, she had us at the tasting.. Such delicious cake flavors, fillings and icings. She's a baking genius! Everyone at our wedding Loved her cake and cupcakes! I was most nervous about the design of our wedding cake, I couldn't find any image online that was me. Kimberly understood and took the time to create new ideas just for me, she made me feel excited and confident in her creative and baking skills. I absolutely loved the entire cake, from design to uniqueness and especially flavor. Thank you Kimberly!

Emily · Married on 10/05/2013

We were so lucky to book the Lucky Cakery for our wedding! Our wedding was in Scottsville, VA (south of Charlottesville) and Kim drove a four tier wedding cake and four tier grooms cake for our wedding! Kim did such a great job during our tasting, it took us weeks to decide what flavors to pick. She was very helpful with finalize the look of the wedding cake and practically designed the grooms Steelers cake on her own. Both looked amazing and tasted even better! We got so many compliments throughout the night on our cakes. I would highly recommend the Pumpkin Spice cake :)

We loved working with Kim and her product can't be compared to others. She is top notch!

When searching for our cake we knew we wanted an amazing flavor and reasonable price. The Lucky Cakery matched our needs. Kimberly was so helpful when we sat down and dicussed our vision and setting up the cake testing really helped us narrow down and decide on flavors. On our wedding day the cake was delivered on time and looked beautiful. The cake was delicious and moist and everyone agreed. We recommend The Lucky Cakery for any special event you have coming up.

Kimberly made the most delicious cake I have ever eaten. This was the most important part of finding our wedding cake. She took our ideas into consideration for the design, made us a sample cake, and the final product looked even better than we could have imagined. We would recommend her to anyone!

Mary · Married on 08/31/2013

Awesome to work with! The strawberry margherita cake is amazing. I had left over cake that I froze, along with my too tier, that I thaw every so often and it and it is still just as good!!! All time favorite cake.