23 Reviews for The Los Angeles Athletic Club

Event Rentals (4)
Indoor (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Event Planning (3)

We couldn't have picked a better venue than the LAAC! Everything about the club was outstanding, starting with Roxy! Roxy was so helpful throughout the whole wedding process; we extremely grateful for everything she did. She was such a joy to work with, as well as the rest of the staff (Rob is amazing as well and super sweet)! We had such an amazing experience with everything, it was such a dream! Our guests are still raving about how beautiful everything was and how greatly they were treated by the staff. Thank you LAAC for helping us create a perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Yvette, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor

We could not have been more pleased with how our wedding was executed by the staff at LAAC. Special thank you to Roxy Adlesh the venue coordinator.

The process went very smoothly, the food was great, the venue is second to none.

Several people told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

Profile Picture Thomas, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roxy Adlesh and the Los Angeles Athletic Club team made our wedding a dream come true. We couldn't have been happier with any part of it- from the richness of the venue to the flexibility of the team (thank you Roxy) and even the food (my family and guests said it was the best Beef Short Ribs they have ever had in their life!) You do not feel nickel and dimed here like most "wedding" venues. Roxy treated us like family members and accommodated us with special requests like- surprise Storm Troopers- and strict family dietary needs. The pricing is one of the most affordable in the city and you would never guess that from visiting the venue. It far exceeded our expectations and then some. The rooftop, ballroom and Invention Bar are the perfect venues for a couple looking for old world romance. Thank you Roxy and team!!

Profile Picture Shelby, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Linens, Indoor

We absolutely LOVED this venue. We knew we wanted to have our wedding here from the moment we walked in. After seeing many venues, this one was the most special/different. Having been to a lot of weddings, I thought we'd have a hard time finding something different but we found it at LAAC. If you're going to get married here you're point-person will be this woman Roxy who is a wedding pro and will give you tons of great advice. And, picking a venue that has food, drink, rentals and hotels rooms for guests is a game changer. It was honestly a breeze having a wedding for 118 people here. All of our friends keep telling us what an incredible wedding it was and are asking us to do it again, ha. Oh - and the cost for all the things you get is pretty unbeatable. Cannot reccomend more!!!

Profile Picture Leigh, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Chairs, Accommodations, Event Rentals

I recently held my bridal shower brunch for almost 40 people in the Presidential Lounge (4th floor) of the Los Angeles Athletic Club. The room is absolutely gorgeous and feels like you are in a piece of history. My contact person was Roxy Adlesh and she was so down to earth and easy to work with. She was very conscientious and respectful about my budget and requirements. The staff was incredibly helpful and the banquet team helped me get everything in order, especially Rafael and Jose and another gentleman whose name I did not catch. They did an exceptional job and paid attention to every detail. My guests were so impressed by the team's friendliness - they were always around to help but literally did not get in anyones way. They even set up a PA system with microphone and were there every step of the way to make sure I was accommodated. I will be having many more events here in the future. Food was excellent and the ambience was so inspiring to work with. I created my own floral arrangements and table settings but did not bother with room decorations because the room itself is a work of art. Thank you LAAC, I am proud to be a member of your fine establishment.

Profile Picture Naheed, 11/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at the LA Athletic Club in May 2016. The venue itself was exactly what we wanted. The Athletic Club has a rich history in Los Angeles and the ballroom’s wood columns, crystal chandeliers, and warm décor gave our reception the elegance and warmth that we were hoping for. We hosted a cocktail hour in the Olympic Lounge and the reception was in the Centennial Ballroom. We had 130 guests at our reception and we filled the ballroom comfortably. Roxy, the Catering Director, was unbelievably accommodating and beyond helpful throughout the entire process.
We reached out to Roxy in December 2014 (17 months before our wedding!) because we are both Type A personalities. Despite the fact that we are those people who read the fine print at the bottom of the contract and question every line item of the order, Roxy never tired of us. Throughout the planning process it was very apparent that Roxy had our best interests in mind. There were several times when Roxy told us, “Don’t waste your time and money on that. But, if you really want it we will do it.”
We were so happy with the service and family treatment we received from Roxy and her staff that we decided to host our rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch at the club as well. Roberto, the bartender, took care of us all weekend. By Sunday Brunch Roberto knew half of our family by name! The food for all three meals was incredible. Everyone said the meals were delicious and well beyond the typical “wedding food” that we’ve all had.
The venue speaks for itself: A private club with amazing décor and historical significance. The ballroom, lounge, and rooftop are all breathtaking. But, what really sets this location apart from the others is the service. From day one, Roxy and her staff were responsive, celebratory, and receptive to us and our wedding. The Los Angeles Athletic Club wowed us and our family for 17 months. We threw the biggest and best party of our lives thanks to Roxy and everyone else at LAAC.

Profile Picture Ana, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

We had our wedding a the LAAC and couldn't have been happier with the results. It has an incredible ballroom and interior that has been recently renovated. It has a feeling of being very classy without being stuffy. It also has a great rooftop although we opted for the ballroom (but did some pics on the rooftop post-ceremony.) With 150 people we fit comfortable in the ballroom and also the ceremony area (Olympic Lounge). We also did a cocktail hour and an after party in the Invention Lounge which was awesome. It was very reasonably priced compared to other venues downtown and the service was top-notch. We worked mainly with Roxy Adlesh who was incredibly helpful in our planning process and just an all-around awesome person to hang out with. Roxy gave us lots of options and was really responsive whenever we had questions or concerns. She also recommended a great day-of coordinator, T Keaton-Woods who ended up being a great help. LAAC provided all the food, beverages, tables, chairs, etc. The food was good and the beverage service was great. Our dinner captain, Brenda Abrahamian was also amazing and with Roxy and T made sure the evening went smoothly. Brenda was also great during our tasting and offered us a lot of great advice on how best to set up the rooms for the ceremony and reception. They are pros here clearly with so many events. The LAAC is also a hotel so it was helpful to have our wedding party stay here. There is also a great breakfast included with your room which was very nice and provided an easy meeting place for my wedding party for a good, quick meal. All in all, it was a great experience!

Profile Picture Brad, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Linens

So happy to pick this location! Very flexible and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Los Angeles Athletic Club is a wonderful place to have your wedding and reception. My husband, our families, and I had a wonderful experience working with the event coordinator, Roxy Adlesh, and her team. From A to Z this venue makes wedding planning so much easier. The building is classy, stylish, well-decorated and detailed and a little quirky. All we had to do was bring in beautiful flowers and it was a wedding! The chef is very talented and is on-site, you don't have to bring in a caterer who doesn't know the kitchen. The food on their suggested menus is amazing, but he can also create anything you might want. The servers and staff went out of their way to take care of our guests, our family and us. We also hosted a brunch there the morning after and he staff were still coming up to ask if there was anything they could do.
I cannot say enough about Roxy Adlesh. She is a wedding rockstar. She was 100% present during our meetings. She has so much experience with running weddings. When I had questions or worries, she was able to give me answers and put fears to rest.
My words of wisdom as a bride who LOVED her wedding day: HIRE THE BEST VENDORS! And then just let them do their work. You won't regret a minute of it.
Best of luck to all of you!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was coordinating a wedding of my best friend Henny & Joe on 6/9/12. Kelly Bland, the Sales Manager is so awesome. She is very kind, patient, and very helpful. The set up on the rooftop for the wedding ceremony was done excellently, she was able to accommodate our needs, moving the cabanas so we can put the wedding arch. The hors d'oeuvres were fresh and superb. The service was excellent. The utmost important is the main course, wow, their New York Steak (Topped with a Tripple Pepper Corn Sauce. served with Red Roasted Potatos, Asparagus. and Baby Carrots) really made my day. The server were very professional and nice, the banquet manager was also very responsive, he was able to provide 1 veggie dish to one of our guest :-) Awesome!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/9/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having just been remodeled, this venue is the perfect place for a classy and modern wedding. The service and food were exceptional, and everyone was extremely attentive to our needs. For the price, the LAAC simply cannot be beat!

Profile Picture Derek, 12/31/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The LAAC is a venue that takes you back in time to Old Hollywood glamour. The unassuming facade from the street betrays the elegance and excellence that thrives inside. We had our wedding ceremony and reception there last weekend and Kelly and Jose in catering saw to it that we had not a care in the world. Their professionalism in such a beautiful venue genuinely created the perfect setting for our event. The food prepared by Chef Boris' skilled hands, was prepared perfectly. Each meal was delicious and beautiful to behold. Absolutely everything was attended to with swift grace. Timing, food, rooms, service were all flawless. The newly renovated ballroom and guest rooms were elegant and maintained the flavor of the club's rich history, yet with modern amenities. Most of our family came in from out of town and stayed on site in the hotel. Each guest was delighted with their stay and raved about the accommodations and the hotel staff.

The LAAC truly has it all! Run - do not walk - to book your next event here. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kelley, 10/15/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception here. The venue is gorgeous, the staff is professional and the food is delicious. Kelly is so easy to work with and she and Jose will make sure that your event goes perfectly.

We received so many compliments on the food, staff, venue, hotel, etc. etc. etc. I just cannot get over how great of a day it was. You just won't find another venue like LAAC.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/8/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We Loved our venue!! It has that old world feel to it. It made for a vintage and elegant vibe. Kelly, the event coordinator, was so accomidating and wonderful to work with. The food was amazing! Our guest were so impressed, from the cocktail hour to dinner to the dessert chocolate fountain. The Los Athletic Club gave us more bang for our buck, in comparrison to the venues in the area. This included all the alcohol,appetizers,dinner,tables,linens,chairs,chocolate fountain,our wedding cake,and even a bridal suite! We even took pictures on the rooftop at night and they turn out gorgeous! We couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our wedding!

Profile Picture Eva, 10/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely perfect wedding venue! we had the whole floor to ourselves with a beautiful bar and our Guests had access to a newly remodeled hotel. Not your traditional hotel so it was perfect! and they were very flexible to get us exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/1/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The LAAC was the perfect venue for us. The team was super flexible and accommodating for us and our guests! The space was perfect - classic and rich. The LAAC was the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Tina, 9/17/11, 1 Review
4.7

I wanted a unique wedding and LAAC was one of the choices that my wedding planner suggested. I just had my wedding there and I loved it. The food taste good and it is an gorgeous place to get married. The rooftop is awesome but I went with the ballroom since December can be a bit cold. Unless you want catering from other place, the price is very good for its quatlity. The only part that I had hard time with was to contact with them. The only person I can talk to about the event is not easily reachable. You may need to start coordinating with them a way early. Also, I thought parking for the guest was somewhat inconvenient. It looks like LAAC and the parking cashier don't talk to each other, and a lot of our guest (and even me and my husband) had trouble getting parking validation.

Profile Picture Heejin , 12/29/13, 2 Reviews
4.3

We had a wonderful wedding at The Los Angeles Athletic Club. We had the wedding and reception on the rooftop. Staff was great and attentive. Food was delicious.

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor
4.1

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. Being a photographer myself, I couldn't have asked for a more photogenic location. We also loved being able to have our ceremony and reception in the same location. Having the catering, cake and linens all lumped into the same package deal with the venue really upped the value of the event as well. In the end, it was really a perfect venue for us and our guests did nothing but rave about the Athletic Club and the service provided to us on the day of the event. The only frustration was booking our wedding during a time when the head of catering position was in flux which caused for some headaches on the communication front. That, and the fact that a wedding rehearsal was booked on the same night of our wedding and on the same floor. I actually had a number of people come up to me while I was in my wedding dress taking photos and asking where THEIR rehearsal dinner was. A minor annoyance in the end, but they lose some points for professionalism, especially since this detail was never communicated to me. In the end though it all worked out and I would never wish to have been married anywhere else.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so glad I chose this venue! It was so stunning and perfectly CLEAN on my wedding day. I had just attended another wedding where the venue was not taken care of. Everything was polished... the service was amazing. Roxy, Lupe, and Brenda the three key people that made my day perfect! Brenda- best bartender! My worry was always that there would be a long line, there wasn't! My guests were happy and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I appreciated all of the work and the attentiveness to every small detail.

Profile Picture Christy, 2/28/15, 3 Reviews
2.4

I don't know if I would recommend the Athletic Club for a venue. The setting is great, the food is good, but the service sucks. Do not rely on Roxy the Catering Director at all. On the day of my wedding she could on be reached. Lupe the Catering Manager was great. Everything that I discuss was Roxy was never relayed to Lupe who will be the person that you will see. IF you choose this venue YOU MUST GET A WEDDING COORDINATOR. That is the only way your vision will get done.

Profile Picture User4975026, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
1.4

I had my wedding at the Los Angeles Athletic Club, and since I signed have all but been chomping at the bit to write this review. The venue itself is stunning — really vintage and gorgeous details. It's also a cool place because you can have your guests stay at the hotel, making access and traveling very easy!

What I'd like to warn anyone against is working with this venue because of the venue coordinator: Roxy. To say that she made the entire process stressful would be an understatement. Roxy was very friendly and receptive and available before signing, but once we signed our contract she became impossible. I quickly came to learn that if you asked a question Roxy knew the answer to or required zero work, it was fine. But if you asked for anything beyond that, it wouldn't work out. For example, we had to refrigerate our dessert and she told me that was impossible. I called the chef, and he said no problem. I asked about adding more rooms to our room block, and she told me they were booked. I called the front desk, and they added them — no problem. It's her actual job to help with your wedding and all of the details that go into it, but she clearly doesn't want to be doing her job.

At one point she argued with me about where our tables should be laid out — saying she'd done it one way each time and that was the best way. Well, you know what? I wanted them a different way. Why was I being yelled at for wanting something different?

These are just a FEW examples. In general, I had to hound Roxy with emails and phone calls to get any response to basic questions. She was difficult, curt, and not at all flexible. I love how our wedding turned out, but if given the chance I would've gone with a different venue just to avoid working with Roxy.

Profile Picture User7177101, 2+ years ago, 1 Review