The Logan Reviews

30 Reviews for The Logan

• Luciana

Luciana J. · Married on 09/12/2020

Best planner in town

Being a Covid bride was stressful enough but THANKFULLY we picked the best venue in Philly. Our planner Angela went above and beyond for us in every way. We decided early in 2020 to postpone our wedding because we knew it would be a while till the world was normal again. We then decided, pretty last minute, to still get married on our original date and I reached out to the Angela to see if it was even a possibility. Angela completely hooked us up. We had a beautiful outdoor ceremony for 15 in September followed by a dinner al fresco in the courtyard (which the food was out of those world amazing). We then went to Assembly rooftop and Byron, our server, was so attentive and accommodating. We all stayed at the hotel and Angela even upgraded our room the day of our wedding. I honestly wish I could give them 10 stars. Angela is the BEST wedding planner in the game. She is so warm and helpful. We had countless phone calls and meetings and every single time she was such a joy to be around. I would recommend 1,000% to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding venue!

Sent on 01/15/2021
  • Judi

Judi J. · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfection

The Logan was perfect in every way possible. From helping us to choose our menu to making sure our guests were given an exceptional experience, the Logan fulfilled every expectation and then went above! working with Emily and then Kelly was easy. I never felt I was anything other than their top concern and my daughter's wedding was perfect. The food and service was amazing. Food was cooked exceptionally well and presented beautifully - not an easy task for 200 guests.

The catering people realized that the Bride and Groom had not eaten and made sure a complete dinner of all entrees, dessert and wine was waiting for them in their suite after the party ended. That was especially thoughtful.

I would recommend the Logan without a single caveat. If you are looking for perfect, book the Logan!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Jenni · Married on 02/17/2018

Could not have asked for a better team to help coordinate my wedding. Emily is the coordinator who was available every step of the way. She was extremely helpful and friendly throughout the entire planning process. She even made suggestions for different vendors when I didn't know where to turn. Emily was actually one of the reasons my husband and I chose the Logan as our venue. As for the wedding day itself, the staff was incredibly professional and diligent in their service. The dinner captain seemed to be experienced in providing quality service. The bartenders and servers were incredibly professional as well. All of the food was delicious - from the hors d'oeuvres to the appetizers to the main course. Our family and friends had a great time at the wedding, and we were all equally impressed by the hotel. I would certainly recommend this venue to a friend.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Lindsey · Married on 11/25/2017

As soon as we walked into The Logan we knew that this was our wedding venue. From the ideal location for our out of town guests to the newly renovated hotel and ballroom - it was everything we could imagine. The Logan and their staff exceeded our expectations on all fronts. We were thrilled with the food, service, and the gorgeous venue. Eric Allen and the rest of the event staff went above and beyond (including a few overly particular requests) to make sure our day was perfect! Our ceremony room was fantastic, and minutes later it was transformed into a beautiful ballroom. We would recommend the Logan for a wedding venue without hesitation.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Liz · Married on 11/18/2017

Every single staff member at the Logan went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was everything we hoped it would be and more! The venue itself is beautiful and the food is delicious. I was a little nervous about our wedding taking place on marathon weekend but but Eric made sure every aspect went smoothly. My husband and I have received countless compliments from our wedding guests about how magical the day was. I wish I could relive it all over again.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Meghan · Married on 11/10/2017

Words cannot begin to describe how appreciative I am of the Logan Philadelphia's Hotel & their staff. It was not until I first received an email (just as large as my original email) back from their amazing rep, that I thought my Wedding would actual be a success. The support they gave me & confidence I felt with them having things in their hands was exactly what I need to get through it all. Now that's it's over, I just need to express my most sincere thanks to them for taking us on & helping us make November 10th of 2017 the day it was. It was certainly not an easy day, nor a day like any other one I can remember, but now I am SO excited to have it behind me, with the sparkling memories of tears, laughs, and frigidness it will always hold in my heart.

Examples of traits they excel in are as follows:
    - Communication! I was an out of state Bride & they made me feel like they were just down the street. For any # of the handful of visits we took, they rearranged their schedule to make sure we were accommodated.
    - Honesty! They gave me their professional & honest opinion when I needed it, and yet still supported me when I decided against it in the end.
    - Patience! They knew I had a set of parents with a lot of opinions and demands and expectations; they worked extremely well with them and made sure they felt in control, all the while confirming that I was in control ;)
    - Class! The place is just absolutely gorgeous and they make sure to keep a level of class and pride throughout everything they do for you as client, right down to the fact that their wait staff was helping keep my decor looking fresh and proper.
    - Sincerity! They understand to a tee that this is YOUR BIG DAY & they did anything they could to make sure I was happy. My rep managed to catch my veil as it flew from my head mid way down the aisle, and then she proceeded to help me in my dress when no bridesmaid was to be found.
    - Professionalism! A++ from every single person I met.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Victoria · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere else! The Logan was amazing! From the attentiveness to their flexibility the day of, every detail was impeccable. My wedding had over 220 guests and NOT ONE THING WENT WRONG. I had the best night of my life and so did all of my friends. I was supposed to have my wedding ceremony outside, but the day of it was cloudy and drizzling, the Logan let me make the call the day of my wedding. The wedding coordinator at the Logan came to my room and helped my mom and I to make the decision, because we were torn on what to do. They were so flexible and we ended up setting up the entire ceremony inside that day as opposed to the original plan, which was outside. None of my friends or family had to wait in line for a drink and everyone loved the passed intermezzo and desserts. The staff was happy to work with all my vendors and helped to make sure things ran smoothly.I was not stressed on my wedding day and I owe that fully to the Logan and their AMAZING staff!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

Our wedding journey actually began at Assembly, the rooftop bar on top of the Logan, the night we got engaged! Since my (now) husband and I interacted with the staff of the Logan in our own ways, we wanted to share both of our experiences, from our individual perspectives. Matt: My wife and I got married at the Logan this past September, and the entire experience, from the many months leading up to the date, to the night of the reception, was fantastic! After getting engaged at Assembly, overlooking one of the most picturesque views of Philadelphia, we knew we had to use the Logan for our big day. The help and accommodations I received from both the hotel staff and Assembly staff to plan and execute the proposal was superb. My wife's comfort level with Emily was a huge reason why we chose the Logan. Emily was available any time we had any questions or needed anything. The wine and food tasting held prior to the wedding was extravagant. Emily and the staff were very accommodating to hosting both of our parents for this event as well, taking into consideration food allergies, etc. The evening of the wedding was flawless. All of the planning came together full circle ending the night overlooking the city with friends and family at the same place where it all began! Lauren: I knew after meeting Emily and touring the Logan that we found the perfect venue for us. From the ideal location in Center City, ease of accessibility from our Ceremony site (St. Joseph's University) and close proximity to our home (Fairmount), everything made sense. Emily also helped make the decision an easy one with her calm personality, attention to detail and organization, she made planning our special day less overwhelming. I very much appreciated her accommodation to show us the Logan ballroom set up for another wedding, since we had only toured when the room was vacant. We 100% recommend Emily and the Logan for anyone looking for a extravagant affair in the heart of the city, it's the best!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Alison · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Logan in September 2017. From the first appointment to the day after our wedding, Emily and the staff at the Logan were beyond accommodating. Throughout the whole planning process, Emily was very responsive and made us feel comfortable about the decisions we were making along the way. Emily worked beautifully with the rest of our vendors, many of whom had worked with her in the past. This allowed for a seamless planning process. We held multiple meetings at the Logan with our florist and wedding planner. This made us feel so comfortable the day of, knowing all of our vendors had met and were in close communication.
    On the day of our wedding, we were catered to in every way. The bridal suite was spacious with plenty of food. With rain showers at the same time as our outdoor cocktail hour, The Logan was flexible and ready to move people indoors to keep the party going. During the reception, all of our needs were met. We never went without food on our plates or drinks in our hands.
    During the brunch the day after, we received endless compliments on how accommodation the Logan was to our guests. And we couldn't' agree more! We would recommend The Logan to anyone who is looking to have their wedding in Philadephia

Sent on 05/14/2018

Sara · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't say enough about how lovely it was to work with the staff at The Logan this past weekend! My team at confetti & co. was met with open arms and truly welcomed into the hardworking Logan team, and got to see first hand a behind the scenes look at the thoughtful and expertly curated experience they offer to their clients. It was great to know that our clients had an ally not only in us but in the entire Logan staff, who attended to every detail and concern. Eric was amazingly responsive and met every vendor's question and countless e-mails with promptness and care. Additionally, vendors are treated with such respect. There is a room for vendors to take a quick break and grab a drink and snack - there is nothing like this anywhere else in Philadelphia! We cannot wait to work at The Logan again!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Leigh · Married on 09/09/2017

Eric, Emily, and the entire Logan Team - Thank you for making our wedding so special. When Steve and I started searching for a venue we knew we wanted to get married in Philadelphia and have an outdoor ceremony - The Logan courtyard was perfect. Eric suggested that we get married 'in the round' and I cannot thank him enough for this suggestion as it made our ceremony feel intimate and different. Your knowledge of all things wedding and attention to detail truly shined at the wedding itself and the months of planning leading up to it. We had our reception in the grand ballroom and were able to utilize the long wood tables that we loved! We also knew we wanted an after party and Eric suggested we use the room right beside the grand ballroom - it was super convenient, no shuttle buses and no time wasted! The next morning we had a delicious brunch where we got to recap the night. All in all from the The food, the atmosphere, the service, EVERYTHING exceeded our expectations. From the second we checked in to the moment we checked out the weekend was seamless. You knocked it out of the park and we are so grateful we got the chance to work with the incredible Logan Team!! To all of the engaged couples reading this - book the Logan NOW. Best decision we made.

Xx
    Leigh and Steve

Sent on 06/14/2018

Alaina · Married on 08/26/2017

Wow, where to even begin! My husband and I got married this past August and choose The Logan as the place for our reception, as well as the location we got ready and primary hotel for guests to stay.We were fortunate enough to have been able to work with Emily! From the beginning, Emily was so attentive and knowledgeable! She answered any questions we had, and truly accommodated all of our needs and requests! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Emily made sure from start to finish everything ran smoothly! The chief, bartenders, staff- especially Rob, were truly amazing and made our experience everything we hoped for and more! My parents and us can not say enough about how pleased we were! Thank you Emily and the rest of The Logan staff who truly made our day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Jill · Married on 07/02/2017

We had our wedding at The Logan in July 2017 and the venue exceeded our expectations in every way! Emily was extremely accommodating and kept us on track with our planning throughout the process. On our wedding day, Emily and her staff were always two steps ahead of us, allowing us to relax and enjoy the event knowing that every last detail was taken care of. The outdoor courtyard was the perfect setting for the ceremony and the ballroom looked beautiful for our reception. Two months later, we are still receiving compliments from our guests about the food and the great service. Thanks to The Logan for making our wedding day the best day ever! Only wish we could do it all over again...

Sent on 09/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I got married this past May at the Logan, and we were completely over the moon with our experience. As Philadelphia natives, we had very high expectations, looking for the perfect wedding venue that would allow out-of-town guests and locals alike to have a wonderful Philadelphia weekend experience. Everything about the Logan was a perfect fit for us. From an amenity and offering standpoint, the overall lobby space, Urban Farmer restaurant and bright big, hotel rooms with incredible view are unmatched by any other hotel in Philadelphia. Working with Emily Elling, the Logan's Catering and Sales manager, throughout the entire process was a complete delight. Emily is so organized, thorough, responsive and truly just a pleasure to work with. She allows you to take a deep breath knowing you are in very capable hands and we planned our entire wedding in nine months and never felt the pressure of that limited timeframe due to Emily's assistance. The Logan also did many things along the way to make us feel very special as a couple. Our tasting with Chef Sonny was a highlight leading up to our wedding, as the Logan went out of their way to make the tasting truly reflect the character and high quality of what guests would be experiencing. When we needed a place to assemble our welcome bags for guest, the Logan didn't hesitate to give us a conference room to do so. Another huge plus with the Logan is their flexibility of spaces. We got married in May and while we were hoping for an outdoor ceremony, we knew there would be a chance of rain. While it ultimately did rain before the wedding, the Logan allowed us to use the outdoor spaces for the cocktail hour and we knew they would make any scenario work for us. Our wedding itself was a dream. The food, the support from the Logan staff and the incredible attention to detail made the night so fluid and perfect. Thank you to the Logan for helping give us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Stacey · Married on 05/06/2017

We had our wedding in the Stenton room at the Logan and it was amazing. It was a second wedding for my husband and I so we kept it smaller and had a cocktail reception. The food, drinks and staff were incredible. Emily was fantastic to work with and was flexible with all of our requests. All of our guests loved the food and atmosphere. We also had a cocktail party on Friday night on the Assembly rooftop bar. Everything with that was great and we were able to take some amazing photos up there the afternoon of our wedding. We had an amazing day and would highly recommend the Logan.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Patty · Married on 12/31/2016

The Logan Hotel is the perfect venue for a couple looking to get married in the city. Our coordinator Emily was amazing to work with. She answered my 101 questions quickly and kept me on track with the planning. The rooms are pretty spectacular - from the ceremony, reception space and the suites - we loved it! The overal customer service is 5 Star! The food was delectable, our guests raved about the food all evening. So often you go to a wedding or event and the venue can't deliver 150 plates of consistent food. The Logan Hotel can! Their catering team delivered plate after plate of delicious food! Get yourself over there for a tour and book it! The icing on the cake is the view from The Assembly lounge - you can see the art museum, parkway, Logan circle, and more. Not to mention if you're a spring/summer/fall bride you can walk over to the fountains for gorgeous photos. My only regret is the party is over.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Jill · Married on 09/10/2016

We had our wedding at The Logan in September 2016. We were actually the first couple to book The Logan for a wedding after its renovation - we booked it from renderings and toured during a construction site. Eric Allen was our catering contact, who had previously been at the Four Seasons. His professionalism, thoroughness, and communication gave us the utmost confidence that our wedding would go seamlessly. The planning process was excellent with the Chef creating new dishes and stations to accommodate our requests, and Eric coordinating with our decor/floral person as well as our band leader to ensure a successful flow of the evening.

The day of was unbelievable, even in the 95 degree heat (thanks record heat for September!). The timing of the night was perfect and everyone was on the dance floor the whole night. Everything flowed beautifully. During cocktail hour, my husband stepped on my dress and broke my train, but Eric ensured me that I shouldn't worry. He came into the bridal suite, got on his hands and knees, and sewed a new bustle for me - his dedication to ensuring a successful evening is unparalleled, but it was clear that he also really cared about our happiness that night too. The reception room was a bit hot (it was a heavy dancing crowd and it was 95 degrees out) and they began bringing around ice cold towels for guests dancing on the dance floor. I'm not sure if there was an air conditioning problem that day, so perhaps they could have improved that, but it didn't take away from any of the fun. The service was fantastic - all 180 guests were served simultaneously and the quality of the food was impeccable. All of our guests raved at how good the food was, which is unusual at a large affair.

When we got back to our room, sad the night was over, we arrived to a dessert platter, a framed picture of us from earlier in the evening, and an embroidered Logan robe for each of us. It was the perfect nightcap to our unforgettable wedding!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Emily · Married on 08/27/2016

We held our ceremony and reception at The Logan in August 2016, and honestly every single detail was perfect! We looked at what seemed like endless hotel venues in Philly and The Logan was by far the most modern and attractive venue we looked at. From the first visit their staff was so attentive and helpful! I was initially wary that The Logan might have been out of our budget but I found their prices to be fair and honestly pretty competitive considering the quality you get when you have an event there. It's such a beautiful setting, the guest rooms and common areas are gorgeous, the location is excellent, and the food and service were the best I've ever had at a wedding anywhere. I loved that everything on the menu could be customized to exactly fit our tastes and desires. But more than anything what made the whole planning process easy was the wonderful staff - Emily was our event coordinator and she could not have been more helpful, professional, and honestly just fun to work with! There is no better place to hold your wedding in Philadelphia if you want a beautiful setting, fabulous service and the most fantastic food and drinks.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2016

When we decided to get married we looked at several venues. Once the two of us toured the newly renovated Logan Hotel we knew that this would be the place where memories would be made! From our first tour through the day after the wedding we received personal first rate service. The food, rooms, service, was everything that we could ask for. Thank you Emily, and thank you Logan Hotel!!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Bernadine · Married on 09/12/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Logan. It was such a great experience, I wish I could have another celebration at the Logan. Emily Elling answered every question immediately and was always flexible about meeting our needs. All the staff are extremely customer service oriented. Our guests raved about the venue’s elegance and the fantastic food. The Logan catering experience is not a typical hotel banquet, the food is fresh and served with presence. They handled all our special requests. We ordered a French Croquembouche wedding cake. The Logan kitchen made it from scratch for us. It looked like a beautiful sculpture and tasted delicious. We also had an ice cream sundae bar with fresh house made ice cream. Our party was in the modern and elegant Stenton room. Even the lobby has a tasteful ambience that is different than most hotels. I highly recommend the Logan as a venue for your wedding or any other event. I have been to three events at the Logan and it's always a tremendous experience that surpassed my expectations.

Sent on 02/10/2017

Joan · Married on 10/18/2014

Amazing attention to detail. Food and service was exceptional.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2013

Jackie and all of the staff at the Four Seasons Hotel are exceptional. We had an amazing experience from beginning to end. The food, the rooms...i can't say enough about how great the service is! They were extremely accommodating. For example, my husband are foodies and love dessert. We wanted two specific desserts served during the reception and Jackie and the pastry chef were happy to have us come back after our initially tasting for another dessert tasting so that we could have exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 12/10/2013

I was very against having "a hotel wedding", but the Four Seasons is not 'another hotel' and I'm so THRILLED we decided to use the Four Seasons as our venue. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how reasonably priced a wedding at the Four Seasons would be. The service is impeccable - from the door men, to the front desk, to the servers, bar tenders, and coat check staff. Everyone was there to impress and ensure every guest had an amazing experience.
    Our guests are still raving about the food, how easy it was too book a room, and the quality of, well, everything. We had a ton of family coming in from out of town (and out of the country) and the location could not have been more perfect. They even helped us get cabs for our guests to get to our rehearsal dinner.
    The best part of the Four Seasons was our coordinator, Jackie Andrietta Ruby. Jackie is a rock star. She is professional, accommodating, easy to work with, and prepared for anything (including helping make my bouquet when our florist dropped the ball).
    When we went to see the space, I was anticipating a cold, boring hotel space, but the room we chose was lovely and warm, beautifully finished, and more than we could have hoped for. The menu tasting was the highlight of the planning process and could go on and on about how wonderful and easy the experience was! Everything was just so well thought out and well executed.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Concetta · Married on 08/25/2012

Eric Allen and his staff were just AWESOME. Eric and his attention to details were superior. It was a fairy tale wedding-from the starting of the day till the end.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Margaret · Married on 10/08/2011

Absolutely beautiful!!!! The new ballroom was so romantic with the chandeliers and pin lighting on the flowers. The staff was excellent. Made my husband and I feel so special. The bridal suite was fabulous

Sent on 07/25/2012