The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews

The Lodges at Gettysburg 5
The Lodges at Gettysburg 6
The Lodges at Gettysburg 7

3.0

This venue was SO perfect for our wedding! We couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. The cabins were comfortable for out of town guests. The atmosphere at the lake was picture perfect and the rustic ball room was a great mix of both my husband and my styles. We were able to do pretty much anything that we requested including fireworks at the end of the night. The day ran pretty smoothly with a few hiccups. The hair and make up crew was running late and our fireworks were not timed correctly. Beth was our coordinator and she did pretty well, had some issues with communication. She wasn't there to coordinate on our wedding day though. Susie stepped in and was AMAZING! Overall, I wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else. This place holds a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • Jamie Q.

Jamie · Married on 05/04/2013

3.8
      3.5

The Lodges at Gettysburg is hands down, a gorgeous wedding venue. The ceremony site is beautiful, on the water with the dock looked amazing. Gloryridge Hall is elegant- a modern, rustic look, which was everything we were looking for. The Lodges had a ton of perks- cute lodges to stay in for the night, no traveling between ceremony and reception sites, peace and quiet, an awesome bonfire site, and plenty of rooms to use for getting ready. We got a ton of compliments on the originality and beauty of the Lodges at and after our wedding. That being said, it wasn’t the easiest venue to work with. While the staff was responsive and nice, they were often confusing and misleading. At times, my husband and I weren’t sure if we were being lied to, or if honest mistakes were being made. It got to a point where all the mistakes or misunderstandings were adding up, and it does makes you wonder. I think the problem lies in the fact that the Lodges haven’t been around a long time, so they are still figuring out how things should run. At least, that seemed to be where the majority of our miscommunications came from. I also know our guests had a hard time booking rooms with them. Many people were not put on the room block which we had to correct, and since they are not a standard hotel, they don’t have a 24 hour staff there. And at the time of our event, they didn’t have their website set up to do bookings in a room block. So the guests called me and I had to intervene to either get someone to call them back or to move them into our room block. And in the end, there were guests told me they never even heard back and weren’t able to book a room at all. We were also overbilled, and had to spend time combing through our invoices to correct the error. So, would I recommend them? Absolutely! But I would advise you scrutinize the details of your event until they work out all their kinks.

Sent on 05/28/2013

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

I wish that I could give the venue a 5/5, I really do! It's beautiful, inside and out and we got so many compliments on it. Susie, the day of coordinator, was beyond amazing. She went above and beyond for us and when we decided to move the wedding back outside because the rain had stopped 45 minutes before the ceremony she didn't even blink she just got to work! However, we did a plated dinner and with close to 160 guests they did not have nearly enough staff. They had maybe 5 servers, and by the time most of us were done eating other tables still had not received their food. It was a huge hiccup and really delayed our night. We were also told that with 150 people a second bar would not be necessary but it absolutely was and I would recommend that to anyone with that amount of people. During the planning process be prepared to be the person reaching out to Beth, who is the event coordinator throughout the planning process. I had to reach out to her first every time to ask when we could schedule appointments, when we had to order table linens by etc. She was extremely rude and unhelpful and is the main reason I cannot give the venue a 5/5. After we had already paid the final invoice she realized that she made a mistake and days before the wedding we were told that we still owed a bunch of money because she did not do the calculations correctly. That is the last thing you want to be worried about days before your wedding when you thought everything was already paid for. Other than that the venue really was amazing and the lodges were so much fun for our guests to stay in!

Sent on 10/31/2014

3.4
      3.0

The venue is breathtaking and that is what sold me on picking the Lodges for my wedding. There are lovely indoor and outdoor options. They have an onsite salon and cabins right on the premises so everything is right there. This made for a nice weekend and made it very easy for the guests. The staff was mostly great. I believe the food choices could defiantly be better especially for what you are paying. Not very many seafood options. My only other gripe is the communication between the coordinator and myself. Considering this is one of the most important days in your life you would think there would be more contact from the coordinator but no I was always the one who had to reach out to set up appointments this get things worked out. A bit unprofessional in my opinion. If I had it to do again I think I defiantly would had looked around some more before booking this venue.

Sent on 02/15/2016

2.5
      2.5
      3.0

We planned a small private ceremony only (reception back home) as a destination wedding here. We booked the outdoor location on the deck and were well accommodated for just a small wedding party and no guests. We found the location beautiful (other than very high uncut grass) and the rooms were lovely, despite needing a good cobweb dusting. On the day of our wedding we came back from pictures around town for our sunset wedding to find the deck littered with trash from the previous wedding. The fountain was turned off in the lake. Our officiant arrived and informed us a drunk guest from that other wedding fell out the door and onto her as she checked with the front desk for our location. We scurried around in our formal attire cleaning up flowers and water bottles, paper and cans, while the officiant filled out our marriage license. As we finished the job, someone from the wedding party (not the staff) arrived in a truck to pick up some flower urns, and sure was surprised to see us. He said they were not informed of another wedding. While very nice and helpful previously, our "coordinator" was nowhere to be seen in this mess. We complained at the desk and when we returned home, we emailed asking for our ceremony fee back. We were refunded and offered a complimentary night on our anniversary.

Sent on 02/15/2015