The Lodge On Echo Lake Reviews

72 | Warrensburg, NY

72 Reviews for The Lodge On Echo Lake

Kevin · event on: 05/02/2015

We have had our fire company banquets there for several years and find the Lodge and the personnel very accommodating.

• Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/01/2019

Dream Venue!

This was the first venue we saw and it was exactly what we wanted. We loved the Adirondack feel and that our guests could stay on site. The Road House was especially nice-updated, can sleep 8 couples, and has a beautiful common area for several guests to hang out. The food was delicious and the portions were HUGE. We wish we were able to take leftovers home because there was so much. Kathy was easy to work with and responded to any questions and concerns in a timely manner. She remained flexible throughout the entire planning process. The venue was clean and we never had to worry during the reception because Kathy and her staff took care of everything. The only thing we wished is that the bonfire started a little later-we missed the beginning of it because it started earlier than we requested and that was one of our favorite parts of the night. If you want an Adirondack wedding that feels like you are back at summer camp with your family and friends, this is the place for you!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Andy

Andy · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Adirondack Wedding Venue

We had a wonderful time celebrating our wedding at the Lodge on Echo lake. Working with Kathy was very easy. She was very responsive to our emails, had great ideas and was very supportive of ours. She even went to check out good boat launching spots so we could fulfill our wild idea to hop in our canoe prior to the ceremony.
    The location itself is very beautiful. The venue itself as well as the guest cabins are well maintained and very clean. My parents (who were skeptical of the idea) were very impressed.
    The ability to have our guests stay in cabins on the property were a real selling point for us. As we imagined, it was so fun to hang out with everyone on Friday night. The forecast had called for cool weather, so Kathy set up propane heaters under the pavilion and our guests were very comfortable for the welcome reception. Even after the bonfire ended on Saturday night our friends and family could still spend time together, something you just don't get at most wedding venues.
    Lodging: Our parents were very comfortable in the Echo Lake house and the Hudson Street house. The Road house was also an ideal spot for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready (most of the bridal party stayed there). We stayed in the Lakeside cabin for the weekend which was very relaxing and had everything we needed. The Lakeside cabin also served as a great getting ready spot for the groomsmen. I have some very picky aunts and all of them were very impressed by the accommodations in the cabins.

Everyone raved about the food! What else is there to say about that? The chef was happy to make small adjustments to the menu. All of the staff were friendly, enthusiastic and anticipated what would be needed before we asked for it. For example, we had some left over pies from the wedding desserts, and when we showed to the send off brunch they had put them out again. Who doesn't want pie for breakfast?! Plus it used up the extra 5 pies so they didn't go to waste.

The Lodge on Echo lake is the perfect Adirondack Wedding venue: modern and comfortable for all guests, while maintaining the relaxed and rustic vibes of a weekend away with your closest friends and family.

Sent on 05/09/2020
  • Erica

Erica Rave · Married on 04/10/2019

Unique Adirondack-style wedding

We had a beautiful beach ceremony that we were hoping for followed by a beautiful Adirondack style cocktail hour and reception and ended it all with a fun bonfire! Great options for ceremony location, photo ops, menu options, great recommendations for preferred vendors, staff was helpful and pleasant to work with! We are happy newlyweds reminiscing about our beautiful wedding day.

Sent on 10/13/2019

The Lodge was an amazing place to hold our ceremony. The Lodge itself and the grounds are an absolutely beautiful, picture-perfect Adirondack setting. Kathy was extremely responsive to all of my emails throughout the entire process.
    The only thing I would not recommend is staying on the grounds at the cabins - some of these cabins are below "rustic" and although have heat, it is only space heaters. Also, most of them do not lock. It was convenient staying on site, but the accommodations of some of the cabins did not meet my expectations. When I first visited the Lodge to do a tasting, etc., the cabins were all locked up and you could not view the inside. The pictures given to me did not exactly mirror what some of them look like inside. The only ones I would recommend staying in are the ones listed as 'Modern', as those were updated and nice.
    With that aside, my guests are still raving about what a wonderful wedding it was. Staying on site would be the only thing I would change.

Sent on 10/22/2015

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are THRILLED to hear that you loved your experience at The Lodge on Echo Lake for your special day and felt that it provided you with that perfect "Adirondack" wedding feeling! We appreciate your comments about our accommodations - unfortunately, the weather in the Adirondacks is a bit unpredictable once we get into the Fall season and we do always make sure our bridal couples and their guests are aware that our cabins do not have heat (which is why we provide extra blankets and space heaters). Sometimes the evenings are much cooler than one might anticipate and therefore we are always available to provide extra blankets and sometimes an extra space heater if it is needed. Additionally, we are currently undergoing some renovations that will allow all of our cabins to lock properly as well, as upgrading the interiors for those cabins that are a bit more "rustic" than "modern." We hope you continue to recommend The Lodge on Echo Lake to any of your friends and/or family who become engaged this wedding season and in the future!

• Sham

Shama · Married on 09/25/2009

Service was wonderful! Kathy was very helpful and accommodating to out reasonable requests! They did make a minor mistake and give us some kind of cheese phyllo rolls when we paid for the chicken, but in the bigger picture, this was minor.

She was also very quick to respond during our planning process and the trips we took up to see the site.

Professionalism was also very good - especially Kathy. She had things ready for us when we arrived and helped coordinate the ceremony! Kathy was really terrific!
    We were told that if we had guests who didn't show up, their meals would be packed for us to take back (since we paid for them!). Normally, we wouldn't care, but we had a destination wedding with a bonfire after party, so the leftovers would've been put to good use! It seems we did see the packed meals ready for us to take back, but somehow they disappeared! Found that to be odd.

Value for cost was GREAT! We decided to break away from traditional wedding food and go with something for fall themed - Turkey, gravy, stuffing, and filling foods like the Tortellini Alfredo primavera and shrimp scampi over rice pilaf! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING and well worth the value for cost!

Kathy was always flexible in helping us through the process....but we were also very flexible in using their methods in most cases. If they have done something many times, they must be good at it! We didn't want to chance having them do something they have never done before and be the wedding where they try it first. =)

The views from the lodge, the deck and the inside of the lodge were beautiful!! It was a fine balance of Modern updated and rustic!

Overall, we would recommend the Lodge on Echo Lake for your event!

Sent on 10/22/2009

Breanna · Married on 10/06/2017

Everyone said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. Having your guests stay over night in nearby cabins after a bonfire is pretty awesome.

Sent on 01/10/2018
  • Angela

Angela & Dan · Married on 05/04/2019

Great wedding, but..

My big day was a huge success, but there are some things that need to be addressed.

The pros: First, I will say that Kathy is a great coordinator. She worked with me every step of the way to ensure that I had an amazing wedding. Second, the venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and well equipped to handle all of your needs, including spacious decks, ceremony locations and dining.

The cons: Unfortunately, the staff needs some work. Their overall attitude was mediocre at best, and their ability to follow simple requests and directions was awful. Also, while I had the Lodge booked from 3pm Friday through 10am Sunday, we had to stop our set up in order to accommodate somebody else’s wedding rehearsal which was unprofessional and rude. Additionally, the new cabin that housed the parents of the wedding complained that maintenance men woke them up the morning of my wedding to do work on the cabin (which honestly should not have happened).

Overall, I would recommend this venue as a perfect place for your dream wedding. Just be assertive and clear with your directions regarding the staff!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2017

3.0

Beautiful venue, we narrowly avoided disaster and had a little bit of attentiveness issues but other than that a great venue.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Alisa · Married on 09/25/2015

Overall our wedding was amazing and Lodge at Echo Lake was a beautiful location both inside and out. Wedding coordinator was helpful but not super friendly, at some point she sent us a bill that charged us for a bunch of stuff we were promised to be complementary, she did fix the bill when we pointed out the mistakes. The staff were also a bit rude, and no one offered us a platter of appetizers while we were taking pictures after the ceremony. Some of the cabins that our guests stayed in did not have any heat or hot water and a few did not even lock or had a key. I do wish the accommodations were better or for my guests to be reimbursed for their stay due to the issues with the cabins. The bonfire after the wedding was a great idea, but once again when the time was up, the staff did not give us a minute to let the guests know that the party is over and say a few last words, nor did they go about it in a polite manner, they just yelled at the guests and put out the fire. At the end of the day, everyone still had an amazing time, and we received multiple complements about the party being the best ever. If I would have to do it all over again, I would not think twice of doing it at Echo lodge.

• User5541932 · 2+ years ago

Gorgeous venue. Flexible. Would definitely recommend to friends

Sent on 10/20/2015

The day was beautiful, everything went mostly smoothly.
    The contact person was not available for the rehearsal, could not help with layout of cake table, coffee table, etc., and was not present to take payment for guests of my wedding party so she tracked them down during the reception dinner for payment (not very tactful!) We also had requested that drinks and appetizers be made available to the wedding party during pictures after the ceremony, they were not and it was a hot day. Other than that, everything was great! Great venue for our guests to feel welcome and have a great time!

3.5

The Lodge on Echo Lake is a beautiful venue to hold your wedding, both ceremony and reception! My husband and I instantly fell in love with the look and feel of the reception hall. My only honest complaint, was that we chose to utilize the cabins for both our wedding party and guests the evening of the wedding- we were shown the cabin that we would be staying in, and it was beautiful! Not what I expected for a cabin. However, the cabins that my guests stayed in were not as described. Some had no door or if there was a door there was no lock, also some were described as having "heat" that meant a small electric space heater.. I just wish that they had been a little more open with the quality of the cabins, that way I could have prepared my guests. . However, the rest of my experience was very pleasant and my guests had a great time! They loved the food, the view- and the entire day!

Sent on 01/10/2016

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are THRILLED to hear that you loved your experience at The Lodge on Echo Lake for your special day and felt that it provided you with that perfect "Adirondack" wedding feeling! We truly appreciate your comments about our accommodations - unfortunately, the weather in the Adirondacks is a bit unpredictable once we get into the Fall season and we do always try to make sure our bridal couples and their guests are aware that our cabins do not have heat (which is why we provide extra blankets and space heaters). Sometimes the evenings are much cooler than one might anticipate and therefore we are always available to provide extra blankets and sometimes an extra space heater if it is needed. Additionally, we are currently undergoing some renovations that will allow all of our cabins to lock properly as well, as upgrading the interiors for those cabins that are a bit more "rustic" than "modern." We hope you continue to recommend The Lodge on Echo Lake to any of your friends and/or family who become engaged this wedding season and in the future! We wish you the best of luck and thanks again for your constructive as well as wonderful feedback!
  • Maggy

Maggy · Married on 08/30/2009

3.5

They could be at times hard to reach, but they were flexible and eager to help us make our wedding exactly what we wanted to be.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Taylor Dufrain · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding desserts eaten

Planning the wedding was a breeze with Kathy. And overall a good experience until the day of the wedding. Staff was rude and also ate our desserts before and after our wedding. When confronted about it, management did not acknowledge any wrongdoing.

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Losowski · Married on 09/27/2019

A Beautiful Day

We had a wonderful wedding on September 27th and had been planning that day for a year and a half. The weather was beatiful, the food was very good, and the head of the waitstaff the night of the wedding was absolutely wonderful. The venue itself is a beautiful spot with many options to choose from. The only thing that we would say was a little tough, was planning the event details from start to finish. I am a very organized person and know what I like, but this is the only wedding I have planned so it would have been nice to have someone give me all the information first, instead of me asking for things periodically throughout the process. Make sure you book any cabins you want as soon as possible because they are a first come first serve basis and just ask all the questions you can because you won't be given them without asking. We had an amazing wedding at the Lodge and would not have changed a thing on our day.

Sent on 09/30/2019

3.0

This place is beautiful, we couldn't have ask for a more lovely spot to get married. The food was good and the servers/bartender were very professional. I would recommend not booking your wedding as the last event of the season though. My husband and I were less than impressed with the event coordinator throughout our wedding process. When we emailed the Lodge we were told we would have access to the onsite cabins and camp grounds for our guests, once we booked our wedding we were told the facilities were no longer available. We were given accomodations for the wedding night on the premises, but ended up staying somewhere else due to the lack of heat in the cabin supplied to us. We were told the accomodations we were given were not the usual accomodations given to the bride and groom. We also felt bullied at times to move our ceremony site to a more "convenient" location when we had been offered and chosen our ceremony site months prior. Overall though, I would chose The Lodge on Echo Lake again. It was beautiful.

Sent on 11/06/2014

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

Overall I thought the echo lodge was a beautiful place for our wedding. The reception area and ceremony space on the lower deck was amazing. My only complaint is the accommodations need to be updated. Many of my guests that stayed in the cabins were my bridal party that came from far away. The cabins were cold and did not provide the accommodations I would expect for a wedding venue. One of my guests even refused to stay as their cabin had bugs running around.
    My parents stayed in the Hudson house and had several problems with the oil Heater and had mouse dropping on the counters over night.
    As the bride my wedding morning was interrupted with workers trying to fix the oil tank.
    Although the reception ceremony and food was delicious, I would advice people to stay overnight elsewhere. The accommodations were very over priced for what was offered.

Sent on 12/29/2015

2.8
      2.5
      3.5

The venue was beautiful as were the table linens and décor. However the food was not of good quality and I was very disappointed with that. Also the honeymoon cottage did not have running water and the couple were to stay on the main house instead. When they arrived, there as no water there either and they had to leave the area and go find a hotel room in which to stay at 11:30 p.m. at night. These items were very disappointing.

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/30/2017

2.4
      2.0

The wedding we attended we attened was beautiful, the staff AT THE WEDDING did an amazing job and the food was awesome....
    That being said if you are having a wedding here DO NOT STAY ON SIGHT.... half the facilities they advertise for your guys to stay do not have heat... this would be fine for summer months but when your staying at the end of september and its 30 degrees at night i promise you, you are not going to be happy... the place we stayed they didnt even tell us it had no heat and no front door to lock (literally swining salon doors with mesh screening) WE FREEZED and when we asked them what they were going to do about it they gave us extra blankets and told us that we could us space heaters because the place ran on one breaker and couldnt support it.
    THIS PART OF OUR TRIP WAS A NIGHTMARE... take of your guest and dont let them freeze to death.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Eric · Married on 09/01/2017

2.2
      1.5

The owners don't care about weddings. Our date was forced to be changed. Then the wedding maitre'd Kathy was very impersonal with communications. She wasn't sensitive toward the fact that we were already stressed as he'll planning our own wedding. The wedding after ours wanted our cabins and took a lot of attention from ours. Essentially, Kathy was making more money off of them so we weren't a priority.
    We were also lied to about a lot of information. Kathy says she "misspoke", but when we planned our wedding based on this information then learn during the LAST WEEK that the information was incorrect...that's just unacceptable.
    Our ceremony site was covered in garbage up until the morning of when my father in law took care of it. We also found out that the archway flowers my wife chose specifically in memory of her great grandmother was the hen used for another wedding!!! We spent a lot of money for those flowers and here they are handing them over to another couple.

Sent on 09/04/2017

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you for your honesty and candor. We are sadden that you and Julia felt such disappointment and let down on the biggest day of your life. We sincerely apologize for the amount of stress that you and Julia felt that you endured during the planning stages of your wedding. That is not the outcome that we want for any of our clients, nor is it our style. We pride ourselves on our focus on customer service, attention to detail and our ultimate goal of making each couple feel as if their wedding is the most unique and only wedding in the world. With respect to your beautiful floral arrangement - Please recognize that this was not done maliciously - since you had left the flower arrangement on the complementary wedding arch that we provided to you, with no direction, we assumed that you were finished with it. Another bride who was using the same complementary arch noticed how beautiful the arrangement was and asked if she could use it versus taking it down and discarding it. We felt it would be put to great use for another joyous bride versus being thrown in the garbage. Please know that nothing was done with intention. We will take all of your feedback into strong consideration for all of our future events. We wish you and Julia all the best in your new life together. Warmly, Emily & Tony Stein, Owners The Lodge on Echo Lake

Heather · Married on 02/25/2017

2.0

The venue was beautiful food was very good. But the pressure we felt to get out and to clean up before the time was up was aweful and there was lots of food left and that was taken by the employees. We had paid for that! I could go on about how the hospitality was cold and food mixed up ect

Sent on 01/02/2018