The Lodge On Echo Lake Reviews

The Lodge On Echo Lake 6
The Lodge On Echo Lake 7

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2017

3.0

Beautiful venue, we narrowly avoided disaster and had a little bit of attentiveness issues but other than that a great venue.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Alisa · Married on 09/25/2015

Overall our wedding was amazing and Lodge at Echo Lake was a beautiful location both inside and out. Wedding coordinator was helpful but not super friendly, at some point she sent us a bill that charged us for a bunch of stuff we were promised to be complementary, she did fix the bill when we pointed out the mistakes. The staff were also a bit rude, and no one offered us a platter of appetizers while we were taking pictures after the ceremony. Some of the cabins that our guests stayed in did not have any heat or hot water and a few did not even lock or had a key. I do wish the accommodations were better or for my guests to be reimbursed for their stay due to the issues with the cabins. The bonfire after the wedding was a great idea, but once again when the time was up, the staff did not give us a minute to let the guests know that the party is over and say a few last words, nor did they go about it in a polite manner, they just yelled at the guests and put out the fire. At the end of the day, everyone still had an amazing time, and we received multiple complements about the party being the best ever. If I would have to do it all over again, I would not think twice of doing it at Echo lodge.

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • User5541932 · 2+ years ago

Gorgeous venue. Flexible. Would definitely recommend to friends

Sent on 10/20/2015

The day was beautiful, everything went mostly smoothly.
    The contact person was not available for the rehearsal, could not help with layout of cake table, coffee table, etc., and was not present to take payment for guests of my wedding party so she tracked them down during the reception dinner for payment (not very tactful!) We also had requested that drinks and appetizers be made available to the wedding party during pictures after the ceremony, they were not and it was a hot day. Other than that, everything was great! Great venue for our guests to feel welcome and have a great time!

Sent on 01/05/2016

3.5

The Lodge on Echo Lake is a beautiful venue to hold your wedding, both ceremony and reception! My husband and I instantly fell in love with the look and feel of the reception hall. My only honest complaint, was that we chose to utilize the cabins for both our wedding party and guests the evening of the wedding- we were shown the cabin that we would be staying in, and it was beautiful! Not what I expected for a cabin. However, the cabins that my guests stayed in were not as described. Some had no door or if there was a door there was no lock, also some were described as having "heat" that meant a small electric space heater.. I just wish that they had been a little more open with the quality of the cabins, that way I could have prepared my guests. . However, the rest of my experience was very pleasant and my guests had a great time! They loved the food, the view- and the entire day!

Sent on 01/10/2016

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are THRILLED to hear that you loved your experience at The Lodge on Echo Lake for your special day and felt that it provided you with that perfect "Adirondack" wedding feeling! We truly appreciate your comments about our accommodations - unfortunately, the weather in the Adirondacks is a bit unpredictable once we get into the Fall season and we do always try to make sure our bridal couples and their guests are aware that our cabins do not have heat (which is why we provide extra blankets and space heaters). Sometimes the evenings are much cooler than one might anticipate and therefore we are always available to provide extra blankets and sometimes an extra space heater if it is needed. Additionally, we are currently undergoing some renovations that will allow all of our cabins to lock properly as well, as upgrading the interiors for those cabins that are a bit more "rustic" than "modern." We hope you continue to recommend The Lodge on Echo Lake to any of your friends and/or family who become engaged this wedding season and in the future! We wish you the best of luck and thanks again for your constructive as well as wonderful feedback!
  • Maggy

Maggy · Married on 08/30/2009

3.5

They could be at times hard to reach, but they were flexible and eager to help us make our wedding exactly what we wanted to be.

Sent on 09/15/2009

3.0

This place is beautiful, we couldn't have ask for a more lovely spot to get married. The food was good and the servers/bartender were very professional. I would recommend not booking your wedding as the last event of the season though. My husband and I were less than impressed with the event coordinator throughout our wedding process. When we emailed the Lodge we were told we would have access to the onsite cabins and camp grounds for our guests, once we booked our wedding we were told the facilities were no longer available. We were given accomodations for the wedding night on the premises, but ended up staying somewhere else due to the lack of heat in the cabin supplied to us. We were told the accomodations we were given were not the usual accomodations given to the bride and groom. We also felt bullied at times to move our ceremony site to a more "convenient" location when we had been offered and chosen our ceremony site months prior. Overall though, I would chose The Lodge on Echo Lake again. It was beautiful.

Sent on 11/06/2014

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

Overall I thought the echo lodge was a beautiful place for our wedding. The reception area and ceremony space on the lower deck was amazing. My only complaint is the accommodations need to be updated. Many of my guests that stayed in the cabins were my bridal party that came from far away. The cabins were cold and did not provide the accommodations I would expect for a wedding venue. One of my guests even refused to stay as their cabin had bugs running around.
    My parents stayed in the Hudson house and had several problems with the oil Heater and had mouse dropping on the counters over night.
    As the bride my wedding morning was interrupted with workers trying to fix the oil tank.
    Although the reception ceremony and food was delicious, I would advice people to stay overnight elsewhere. The accommodations were very over priced for what was offered.

Sent on 12/29/2015

2.8
      2.5
      3.5

The venue was beautiful as were the table linens and décor. However the food was not of good quality and I was very disappointed with that. Also the honeymoon cottage did not have running water and the couple were to stay on the main house instead. When they arrived, there as no water there either and they had to leave the area and go find a hotel room in which to stay at 11:30 p.m. at night. These items were very disappointing.

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/30/2017

2.4
      2.0

The wedding we attended we attened was beautiful, the staff AT THE WEDDING did an amazing job and the food was awesome....
    That being said if you are having a wedding here DO NOT STAY ON SIGHT.... half the facilities they advertise for your guys to stay do not have heat... this would be fine for summer months but when your staying at the end of september and its 30 degrees at night i promise you, you are not going to be happy... the place we stayed they didnt even tell us it had no heat and no front door to lock (literally swining salon doors with mesh screening) WE FREEZED and when we asked them what they were going to do about it they gave us extra blankets and told us that we could us space heaters because the place ran on one breaker and couldnt support it.
    THIS PART OF OUR TRIP WAS A NIGHTMARE... take of your guest and dont let them freeze to death.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Eric · Married on 09/01/2017

2.2
      1.5

The owners don't care about weddings. Our date was forced to be changed. Then the wedding maitre'd Kathy was very impersonal with communications. She wasn't sensitive toward the fact that we were already stressed as he'll planning our own wedding. The wedding after ours wanted our cabins and took a lot of attention from ours. Essentially, Kathy was making more money off of them so we weren't a priority.
    We were also lied to about a lot of information. Kathy says she "misspoke", but when we planned our wedding based on this information then learn during the LAST WEEK that the information was incorrect...that's just unacceptable.
    Our ceremony site was covered in garbage up until the morning of when my father in law took care of it. We also found out that the archway flowers my wife chose specifically in memory of her great grandmother was the hen used for another wedding!!! We spent a lot of money for those flowers and here they are handing them over to another couple.

Sent on 09/04/2017

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you for your honesty and candor. We are sadden that you and Julia felt such disappointment and let down on the biggest day of your life. We sincerely apologize for the amount of stress that you and Julia felt that you endured during the planning stages of your wedding. That is not the outcome that we want for any of our clients, nor is it our style. We pride ourselves on our focus on customer service, attention to detail and our ultimate goal of making each couple feel as if their wedding is the most unique and only wedding in the world. With respect to your beautiful floral arrangement - Please recognize that this was not done maliciously - since you had left the flower arrangement on the complementary wedding arch that we provided to you, with no direction, we assumed that you were finished with it. Another bride who was using the same complementary arch noticed how beautiful the arrangement was and asked if she could use it versus taking it down and discarding it. We felt it would be put to great use for another joyous bride versus being thrown in the garbage. Please know that nothing was done with intention. We will take all of your feedback into strong consideration for all of our future events. We wish you and Julia all the best in your new life together. Warmly, Emily & Tony Stein, Owners The Lodge on Echo Lake

Heather · Married on 02/25/2017

2.0

The venue was beautiful food was very good. But the pressure we felt to get out and to clean up before the time was up was aweful and there was lots of food left and that was taken by the employees. We had paid for that! I could go on about how the hospitality was cold and food mixed up ect

Sent on 01/02/2018