The Lodge On Echo Lake Reviews

The Lodge On Echo Lake 4
The Lodge On Echo Lake 5
The Lodge On Echo Lake 6
The Lodge On Echo Lake 7

I got married at the Lodge this fall and couldn't be happier with having picked it as my wedding ceremony and reception venue. Kathy is outstanding. She is incredibly helpful, very quick to respond to emails, and willing to help customize the wedding the way you want it. We changed up some of the menu and drink packages including bringing our own hard cider instead of champaign for the champaign fountain (which is awesome). She was more than willing to work with us to change up the packages and prices to fit what we wanted. On the day of, she and her staff did an amazing job of setting up the decorations exactly like the pictures I provided to her. Walking into the Lodge was how I hoped it would be. They got everything right and helped make for a very smooth day. The grounds and Lodge are absolutely beautiful if you're looking for an Adirondack wedding. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Cassy · Married on 10/10/2014

The lodge was wonderful and made everything come together for our big day. The food was amazing and all of the employees were very accommodating! I was so happy after all the time and money that went into our reception it turned into a night to remember!!!!

Alexis · Married on 09/14/2014

Echo Lake was incredibly flexible in helping us create our dream wedding. We did many unconventional things that they had never done before, and they gave us the space, freedom, and help to push boundaries and create a completely unique and meaningful experience. It came out beautifully and was entirely representative of my now husband and me.

Sent on 08/15/2016

The lodge was great when it came to planning our wedding. Kathy was so responsive and helpful with all of our questions. Defiantly would recommend this venue.

Sent on 01/09/2015

The Lodge on Echo Lake was the perfect setting for our rustic casual ceremony and reception. We had our ceremony on the lawn in front of the picturesque lake and our reception inside the lodge. Kathy V. is the manager and event coordinator, she was EXTREMELY helpful through out the entire planning process and was always willing to make changes to accommodate anything. One of the many things I appreciated about Kathy was her quick response time, I would email her with a question or concern and I would get a reply almost immediately. We rented a house on the lake the week of the wedding and I can't tell you how amazing it was to be right there and be able to walk, run or swim over to Echo Lake property. A few of our guests rented the modern cabins and we also had some guests stay in the bunk cabins. Kathy was especially terrific during our ceremony rehearsal, we had an overly excessive large bridal party and she was able to take charge tell everyone where to go and what to do to be prepared for the next day. The day of the event I was confident and certain that if any problem were to arise she and her staff would seamlessly take care of it. The Lodge on Echo Lake is a very popular wedding location, even though there were multiple wedding daily and no matter how busy she was Kathy always made me feel appreciated and that our day mattered. Which I'm sure is very important to any bride!! I could go on and on about how perfect our day was. The Lodge on Echo Lake will always hold a special place in my heart and I must mention that pictures just don't do it justice, it's much more spectacular in person. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful rustic casual setting.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Sent on 01/23/2015

Kristy · Married on 08/26/2014

All of my wedding dreams came true! The location was beautiful, the staff was amazing and the accommodations were perfect.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2014

The Lodge in Echo Lake provided the perfect venue for our camp/lake theme wedding. The staff were extremely efficient and a pleasure to work with. Perfect for a 100 or so person wedding. We stayed in cabins which made a perfect set-up for the wedding party. Love the college theme names of the campus, perfect for educators!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Debora · Married on 06/13/2014

This was truely a beautiful venue. We enjoyed ourselves and our guest were especially amazed by everything. The food was excellent and the service and staff were very professional and extremely friendly and accommodating. Thank you

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2014

Kathy and the staff at echo lake were great!! They were available quickly for questions and had back up plans ready if we needed them ( thankfully we didn't to my knowledge-the bride). Very flexible with plans and setting up . Everyone raved about the food and couldn't get enough of it. Our day fit us very well and a large part of that was the ambiance of the lodge and the staff making it as easy as possible. The fireworks were amazing and a surprise for the bride which the lodge and staff were in on with the groom. An amazing end to a spectacular night can't thank them enough!!!!!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Sara · Married on 09/15/2012

Kathy from the lodge is wonderful to work with! From the start of our wedding planning, she was helpful and there for us at all times! We could e-mail a question or call her with a concern, not only did she respond to us quickly, she did most of the time within an hour! The venue is amazingly beautiful and the food is delicious! We are still having people ask how we discovered this "gem" in the adirondacks! The day of our wedding everything went smoothly and it was all thanks to Kathy and her wonderful team.

Sent on 10/26/2012

I loved working with Kathy at the Lodge on Echo Lake. She was so easy to work with, flexible and any time me or my husband wrote to her with questions or details about the day, she got back to us within a day at the most. She communicated with us a lot by e-mail which was so nice since we were out of town. Both times we asked to come look at the lodge and bring our families to see it when we were in town, she was very accommodating. I don't think there was any request we made for the day that she said no to.

As for the location, it is stunning - a beautiful lodge overlooking a like. There are a couple different locations to actually have your ceremony (beach, field, deck of the lodge, indoors at the lodge) and the dinner/dancefloor and bar are inside. Everybody loved that there was a deck to hang out on during the reception. The food was delicious too and there were so many options! The clincher for my husband though was that the Lodge offered a bonfire as an add-on to the package and he really wanted something that we could invite our guests to stay after for and wind down. It was the perfect day and a lot of that was due to the perfect location for the wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Allison · Married on 05/27/2012

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding at the Lodge on Echo Lake. The location and facilities are beautiful and well maintained – it is the perfect place to have a full wedding weekend. The Lodge looks directly out over a stunning Adirondack Lake. We were able to use the Echo Lake campus for activities and our friends and family had a wonderful time participating in tennis, softball and basketball games, as well as a hike. Kathy and Emily were so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and allowed us to customize the weekend into exactly what we envisioned. We were very impressed by their flexibility and professionalism. The food was well executed and we were even able to incorporate a special vegetarian recipe created by a friend. Our ceremony was held on the camp's private beach. The wedding day felt completely flawless and the sun was shining, but it was a relief to know there was a backup plan in case it rained! We cannot recommend the Lodge enough to anyone who wants a beautiful, rustic wedding in the Adirondacks!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Meg · Married on 09/17/2011

Kathy was very professional and personable. My daughter had many funny little requests, Kathy said yes to all of them. Kathy was there at all events from Friday afternoon until after Sunday breakfast. Everything was wonderful.

Lisa · Married on 10/30/2010

Our wedding was beautiful, we loved the large deck where we had our ceremony. And the staff was great!

Brooke · Married on 09/26/2003

My wedding was VERY large, we exceed the capacity and it was handled very well with so many extra people! Beautiful place for a wedding and great staff!

Valerie · Married on 11/14/2015

We had a wonderful day. Everything went smoothly, had many compliments from guests about how beautiful location was and how friendly and helpful staff where.

Sent on 12/29/2015

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much Valerie for your kind words about The Lodge and our fabulous team! We think the same way! It makes our job that much more fun when we know we have created truly unique and special moments for our bridal couples and their guests! We hope to see you back again soon for future family celebrations!

Christine · Married on 10/25/2014

The List of vendors in the area was very helpful. Kathy was great, attentive without being overly bearing, very up front.

Karen · Married on 09/30/2017

Overall - we had a terrific experience for our daughter's wedding at the Lodge on Echo Lake. Their planner, Kathy was great to work with the whole time - she was able to fit in a pre-visit from the out-of-state bride and groom during their short visit to NY on a Thanksgiving weekend - they had not actually seen the venue in person before booking; but were very excited about it once they had been there. Kathy and I (MOB) worked together with the Bride and her guidance and suggestions helped us work out many of the details related to accommodating our out of town guests. On the day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch - as least as far as I know. Kathy kept us on track and on-time for the ceremony and the wait staff kept everyone happy during the reception. We received many compliments on the food and with serving dinner family style. This was a suggestion from Kathy that we are so glad we opted for - it worked out so well. The whole evening was fun. Our guests raved about the event and the venue and I never once had to address any type of issue - we all simply enjoyed ourselves. The bon fire afterwards was a great way to wind down the evening - highly recommend it.
    Our family stayed at the recently acquired house on Hudson Street that was a terrific spot for the bride and her attendants to get ready. We also held breakfast there the following morning, which went over well, was well attended and the house accommodated it very nicely.
    The down-side, which was minimal, was that the house needs work and updating, and some of the cabins randomly lacked basic accommodations (chairs, fans, etc.).

Sent on 12/27/2017
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 8
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 9
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 10
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 11
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 12
    The Lodge On Echo Lake 13

Dana · Married on 06/17/2017

Kathy was excellent. Extremely responsive and available for answering questions at all times !!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Liz · Married on 06/14/2017

Kathy was amazing to work with. The food was exceptional. Absolutely beautiful venue!!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Laura · Married on 05/10/2013

This is an absolutely beautiful location! We fell in love with it online and then traveled to see it and realized that its just as beautiful in person as portrayed in the photos online. Kathy was great to work with. She was always responsive and extremely helpful. We are from out of town so she was a great help in suggesting vendors and helping with other details. We got married at the beach location and then had the reception in the Lodge. Everything was beautiful and our guests still rave about it. We loved the big bar, big dance floor, and the deck. We had a few minor mishaps like our unity sand was never taken out of the bags for the ceremony but luckily one of our guests caught that and with so many details you can't expect everything to be perfect. Also, we paid for a bonfire and it was rained out which is unfortunate but we were just thrilled the weather held off for the ceremony and reception. We had a Friday night wedding and we did kegs and carafes of wine instead of open bar. We should have done more beer apparently since we ran out of one kind relatively early. Overall, it was the perfect location for our wedding. Outdoorsy yet very classy. I would definitely recommend it to others.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Kevin · event on 05/02/2015

We have had our fire company banquets there for several years and find the Lodge and the personnel very accommodating.

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/01/2019

Dream Venue!

This was the first venue we saw and it was exactly what we wanted. We loved the Adirondack feel and that our guests could stay on site. The Road House was especially nice-updated, can sleep 8 couples, and has a beautiful common area for several guests to hang out. The food was delicious and the portions were HUGE. We wish we were able to take leftovers home because there was so much. Kathy was easy to work with and responded to any questions and concerns in a timely manner. She remained flexible throughout the entire planning process. The venue was clean and we never had to worry during the reception because Kathy and her staff took care of everything. The only thing we wished is that the bonfire started a little later-we missed the beginning of it because it started earlier than we requested and that was one of our favorite parts of the night. If you want an Adirondack wedding that feels like you are back at summer camp with your family and friends, this is the place for you!

Sent on 09/07/2019

The Lodge was an amazing place to hold our ceremony. The Lodge itself and the grounds are an absolutely beautiful, picture-perfect Adirondack setting. Kathy was extremely responsive to all of my emails throughout the entire process.
    The only thing I would not recommend is staying on the grounds at the cabins - some of these cabins are below "rustic" and although have heat, it is only space heaters. Also, most of them do not lock. It was convenient staying on site, but the accommodations of some of the cabins did not meet my expectations. When I first visited the Lodge to do a tasting, etc., the cabins were all locked up and you could not view the inside. The pictures given to me did not exactly mirror what some of them look like inside. The only ones I would recommend staying in are the ones listed as 'Modern', as those were updated and nice.
    With that aside, my guests are still raving about what a wonderful wedding it was. Staying on site would be the only thing I would change.

Sent on 10/22/2015

The Lodge On Echo Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are THRILLED to hear that you loved your experience at The Lodge on Echo Lake for your special day and felt that it provided you with that perfect "Adirondack" wedding feeling! We appreciate your comments about our accommodations - unfortunately, the weather in the Adirondacks is a bit unpredictable once we get into the Fall season and we do always make sure our bridal couples and their guests are aware that our cabins do not have heat (which is why we provide extra blankets and space heaters). Sometimes the evenings are much cooler than one might anticipate and therefore we are always available to provide extra blankets and sometimes an extra space heater if it is needed. Additionally, we are currently undergoing some renovations that will allow all of our cabins to lock properly as well, as upgrading the interiors for those cabins that are a bit more "rustic" than "modern." We hope you continue to recommend The Lodge on Echo Lake to any of your friends and/or family who become engaged this wedding season and in the future!