The Lodge at Sonoma Reviews

The Lodge at Sonoma View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
    Taylor Married on 11/06/2015
    The Lodge was amazing. No one would stop raving about the food at the reception. Everything was perfect, the food was hot and extremely flavorful. The ingredients were local and the chef was able to accommodate all of our dietary needs, which were many. Most of our guests stayed in the room block, and The Lodge was extremely helpful with distributing gift bags, and meeting the needs of our guests. The Honeymoon suite was fabulous and the service we received the whole time was amazing. We even had access to the conference area to get ready with the bridesmaids.
    Jacqueline Married on 11/07/2014
    Great and beautiful venue! The staff was amazing and really made us feel special on our wedding weekend!
    Katie Married on 09/20/2014
    You can't go wrong with choosing this venue. They executed my wedding weekend perfectly. From rehearsal dinner to they day off to the farewell brunch it was all perfect
  • User1581661 2+ years ago
    If I had 10 daughters I would have all of their weddings there. Nedra and Tracy were the best. We needed a venue in March when the weather can be iffy and it had to hold at least 150 guests. All we had to supply ,besides the Bride and Groom, were the flowers,photographer,officiant and music. They even included the cake which was beautiful and delicious. I cant tell you how many comments I have had from the guests. The staff was incredible to EVERYONE! Even our weirdest guests. The chef,Peter, is fantastic. The food was the best wedding food ever. People are even saying that the salad was the best. Commenting on the salad? Really? It had a goat cheese pillow on the bottom of the greens that was fabulous. Tracy had a glass of champagne ready for me at the cocktail hour and was there at every turn. I have seen comments about people wanting wine country weddings. When you have your wedding at a winery you have to serve their wine, beer and you are pretty limited. The Lodge was beautiful and classy and elegant and everything that I wanted for my daughters wedding. It also includes a cottage room for the couple for the night. We also saved money having it on a Sunday which was great. Most of our guests were from Sonoma County and were very impressed with the whole event.
    Rung Married on 02/23/2014
    The venue beautifully portrait the rustic, country, intimate kind of wedding we have wished for.
    Nedra, Tracy and the team at the Lodge at Sonoma has been the most wonderful people we have encountered with. Their service was unparalleled to any other venues we have come to contact with. They go above and beyond to provide quality services, and always reached out and cared for any of our concerns. They are extremely responsive and professional. We have received countless compliments to our weddings and we can't imagine anything better. We recommend them highly!
  • User1210645 2+ years ago
    We were on the fence of having our ceremony and small reception at The Lodge at Sonoma, or The Fairmont. We decided on the Lodge At Sonoma because of the flexibility they had in place, and use of outdoor space without needing a tent... we in fact had 2 outdoor spaces. The rooms were gorgeous and well worth the value, the staff was so kind and the property is beautiful and updated.

Secret Tip!!!!! You can bring your own wine and they charge a corkage fee! (Saves $$ over buying by the bottle especially if you don't want the house wine that's included in drink packages!)This was awesome for us as our last name is Hall so we had Hall Savignon Blanc so it was so cute in pictures! There are also nice places to take pictures around the property!
  • User952120 2+ years ago
    This place is awesome and I've had the pleasure of experiencing it in two ways: as a guest, and as a client as they coordinated/catered/everthing'd my wedding.
    The wedding:
    My husband and I first came across The Lodge when we were looking for a location for our September wedding. The Lodge had a great event space, and we loved how they packaged everything on site, but we were really looking for a winery feel. When we decided to go with Sebastiani just a mile or so away, we were SO excited to hear they had a partnership with The Lodge which allowed us to get our catering, coordinating, rentals, rooms, staffing....literally EVERYTHING in one bright and shiny package. From forks to candles to chairs......seriously, everything. This saved us a world of time and a lot of money. Brooke was a total pleasure to work with and made everything stress-free and an enjoyable experience for me. She was knowledgeable, professional, calming, and made the weekend run perfectly. Everyone told me before the wedding that it would be a blur and would go by so quickly, and I believe because of her and the folks at Sebastiani I felt it actually went the opposite. The timing wasn't rushed and my husband and I were able to soak in everything.....and we think we remember it all! We got SO many compliments on the food.....I even received a picture of one of our guests licking her plate clean. They day-of, they set us up with a huge room for all us girls to get ready in which made the morning so relaxing, especially for me! My mother, grandmother and mother-in-law all had their makeup done at the spa and looked beautiful, and for the price ($45/person) was affordable enough to accommodate a trial a few months before (any bride knows how crazy expensive wedding day makeup can be!). We had our afterparty at the Carneros bar which was the perfect closing to the perfect day. I could go on and on about how incredible Brooke and her team were to work with but I would be writing for days!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 09/01/2012
    The Lodge at Sonoma is a fantastic wedding venue. Our September 1st wedding was everything we hoped for and more! Brooke was extremely helpful during the planning phase and the day of our wedding. Their recently remodeled lobby/bar area is modern and elegant! We are so thrilled we went with this venue.
    Kendall Married on 01/20/2012
    The Lodge at Sonoma is amazing! They provided an amazing experience that not only I was thrilled with, but all of my guests commented on what an awesome location it was & how this was some of the best food that they had ever had. From the hotel rooms themselves to the reception site & the food I wouldn't have changed a thing!
    Michelle Married on 07/07/2007
    The staff was very flexible. We even got a great deal for our wedding night as a part of the package.
    Rachel Married on 02/28/2015
    I worked with both Alena and Nedra in having my wedding here. We used the Stone Building for the ceremony and the tent (which is up during the winter time) for the reception and everything was absolutely magical.

If you are trying to get married on a tight budget, this is not where you want to get married, but let me tell you that it was worth every penny! All of the staff the entire weekend went above and beyond to make sure everything was superb. The food was out of this world, and we were able to build a custom beverage package with upgraded wines, which was wonderful. We also had a few specific dietary restrictions and the Lodge was able to make sure everyone's restrictions were met (regardless of how unique), and did so without it seeming like a big deal - "not a problem at all" was the response we got.

We got SO many compliments on how wonderful our wedding was - from the food, to the venue, to the staff, etc - everyone said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! We couldn't have been happier with having our wedding here, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Camille Urmini
    Camille Married on 01/21/2012
    We were recently married at the Lodge and held our Reception under the tent (that is up for winter). The evening was pure magic! The venue itself was gorgeous, our Event Coordinator, Brooke, was AMAZING and the food was superb! We had so many compliments about the food and the waitstaff alone.
    I work for another hotel in the wedding industry and can truly say that this is a great space with staff who truly care and will go above and beyond for their clients. Get ready to be wowed!!!
  • Carrie
    Carrie Married on 11/09/2019

Wow! What a wedding!

We got married at the Lodge at Sonoma and truly, it was everything we could have dreamed. The venue is beautiful, the food was fantastic and the staff is top notch. Ellen really helped us shape our day and keep us on-track. With her help, our day went seamlessly and she went above and beyond in the months and days leading up to our wedding to make sure it was perfect. Our guests raved about every detail of the Lodge, even down to the bartender. The value in their packages were unparalleled and we felt truly taken care of the whole weekend we were there. Seriously, if you are considering a wedding in Sonoma, the Lodge should be on your radar.
    Caitlin Married on 06/03/2017
    Our wedding was in June and it was amazing! The hotel coordinator that helped put it all together, (Alena), was so sweet and really helpful. Anytime there was any sort of issue, she made sure to do her best to resolve it very quickly! When our guest arrived for their weekend in wine country, they could not stop talking about how beautiful the hotel grounds were! Moving in to our actual wedding Day! The day of our wedding was absolutely amazing and it felt as though we breezed right through it! Alena made sure everything was where it needed to be and when I arrived at the Stone Building, I was more than pleased! The food was Spectacular and everyone was talking about it being the best food they have had at a wedding, EVER! That made us feel pretty good!
    It was a bit pricier than some other places we looked at but I assure you, it was well worth the extra money!
    We looked at so many different Venues and if we could go back and do it over, we would choose The Lodge at Sonoma all over again!
    Shannon Married on 07/06/2014
    The food is amazing! The staff is great.
    Lucy Married on 06/07/2008
    They're not cheap, although they aren't nearly as bad as local wineries. You also get a ton for your money and the coordinators are beyond amazing.
    Michelle Married on 09/21/2007
    We got a discount on our wedding here for having it on a Friday and we could not be happier with the end result. The site fee was much more affordable than anywhere around and they do include a lot in the package. Having an on-site wedding coordinator was definitely a bonus-- Tracy was absolutely wonderful! They also included a stay at the hotel the night of the wedding for the bride and groom for free. And although you have to use their caterer (which is where it gets pricey) the food was absolutely delicious!! All in all, we were very happy with our choice for venue.
  • User2594620 2+ years ago
    The Lodge is really a nice venue in Sonoma. You do get the benefit of having guests stay at the hotel and go to your reception without having to travel. Our contact person Alena at the hotel was friendly and accommodating. I would say in general the wedding turned out well, but that is also because we were very organized and prepared. However, they really surprised us at cocktail hour when they served an incredibly small amount of passed hor d'oeuvres. This was something that we never discussed in detail with them. We were just told that we would have enough food with the package we selected. I strongly suggest you discuss food quantity in detail with your sales rep at the hotel down to how many hor d'oeuvres each of your guests would receive. It was a rude awakening for us and something we couldn't take back. Their damage control post wedding was also not so great. We were not compensated very well and left feeling a bit cheated.