The Lodge at Brothers Cove Reviews

The Lodge at Brothers Cove 3
  • Ashley

Ashley Bates · Married on 09/20/2019

Intimate cute place!

The venue is gorgeous, intimate, and off the beaten path a bit. The lodge is only reservable for one wedding a night. The coordinators are very helpful and very good with communication when I had a question. They have a small kitchen so they cater in food and bakery items like cake. The food was delicious and I’m pretty picky so I was happy about that. They offered a cake tasting in which I drove down (10-11hours) one weekend off to taste the cake. I hated it. Because of their contracted people they have an “umbrella” of vendors they use. The coordinator would not tell me who anyone was and wanted to do all the communicating, ok fine but when I hate the cake tell me who it is so I don’t waste my time wandering the town looking for a different baker. I didn’t have time to try all these bakers. Anyways she had the baker make a faux 3 layer cake exactly how I wanted and the cake cutting piece wasn’t that bad on the day (idk why the tasting was so bad) we catered in Nothing bundt cake and their was no problem with that. The coordinators helped cleaned up and got all my stuff in a friends car. Overall I was super happy and pleased with the entire experience

The Lodge at Brothers Cove 4
    Sent on 10/18/2019

3.2
      2.5
      1.0
      3.0

Wedding was beautiful...but nothing was what I expected. There was limited communication leading up to the day. In hindsight, I would have rented the venue and done the planning and coordinating myself. Loved the location!!! But expected the extra investment on a coordinator to ease stress instead of add to it.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/29/2017

2.4
      2.5
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

If the review was strictly about the setting, I would give them 6 stars if I could! We had our wedding here a few weeks ago and it’s just absolutely gorgeous! The views and the lodge really make it a dream wedding. All of our guests keep raving about how beautiful it was :)

Now behind the scenes is the planning and coordinating with the venue employees. From the onset of the booking they were beyond complicated. Every question I had was always answered with “no” and then several added complications that caused me stress. Instead of helping through the process, they just added more and more obstacles. They definitely do not like DIY brides and do not offer a helping hand whatsoever.

The worst part was that the night of our wedding they began stressing out our wedding planner, telling her that if we were not our by midnight they would charge us $250. We had an issue with transportation which caused a delay. My husband and I were already in panic mode and they did nothing to help. Instead they were shoving us out at 12 and telling us we had to drive the trash down. I wish they would have just had some empathy for us on our wedding day. We spent the last hour of our wedding helping move things out of the lodge.

If you book this place, mentally prepare yourself that you will not have their help and that they will add complications to the vision that you have in mind. But again, the views are to die for.

The Lodge at Brothers Cove 5