106 Reviews for The Local DJ

Do-Not-Play List (6)
One Event Per Day (6)
Liability Insurance (3)
103 The Local DJ Reviews

Chad was the BEST and I am convinced our wedding would not have been as fun without him. From the moment the dance floor opened, people danced the entire time! Multiple people commented to me that night and since how fantastic the DJ was. He will get your party going for sure. He played every song we requested on top of even better ones. In addition to his incredible talent, he was also very easy to communicate with and replied quickly to give us answers to questions or any advice we requested. He is super chill, friendly, and knowledgeable and in the midst of all the stressful details of planning a wedding, working with Chad was one area we felt entirely relaxed and very much trusted him. Thank you Chad for sharing your amazing talents with us!!

Profile Picture Betty Brandt, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad was so great to work with throughout the whole process. Having access to the website made it easy for me to keep track of different songs as I figured them out, which was a load off my mind. The vibe was exactly right - so many people commented on how great the music was! I loved how the party flowed and everybody had such a fun time, and the music amplified that. My highest recommendations!!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad was fun and easy to work with. And the music he spun had everyone on the dance floor. From the first time we communicated through the last details on our wedding day, Chad was extraordinarily patient, professional, and accommodating. We gave him some suggestions for the kind of music we wanted to hear and he worked from those, combined with the mood of the room and the requests of our guests, to create a dynamic and fun night of dancing. We recommend him whole heartedly!

Profile Picture Bob and Elizabeth , 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Seriously, hire this guy! He communicated throughout the whole planning process. During the wedding he was professional, friendly, and had all of the guests dancing all night. Our wedding was outside and he had to set up in two places which was no problem for him. Our dance floor was literally packed with people until the end of the wedding. So do yourself a favor and hire him, he's the best.

Profile Picture Ana , 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad was an awesome DJ! We had everything from two years olds to 90 year olds and they were all dancing! He even brought microphones so my kids did an impromptu frozen karaoke that everyone talked about! He did our ceremony and reception music and we couldn't have been happier! We truly like a little bit of everything when it comes to music and we had frozen, moana, michael jackson, whitney, country, 90s rap - everything! Highly recommend going with Chad!

Profile Picture Bonni, 5/5/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We took 3 months to write this review, because we wanted it to reflect how amazing and important Chad was to our wedding. Everything happens for a reason and finding the wedding DJ was on my list of things to do. After numerous missed contacts, weird vibes and reviews that put me a tad on edge, I came across Chad's listing and immediately knew he would be perfect. He had us at 'glowsticks'.
After meeting with him over tacos, we felt like we were hanging out with a friend. Up to the day of the wedding, parents were being complicated about dance songs, rain plan was uncertain, but one thing was a constant, and that was Chad's professionalism and positivity. All the vendors at our wedding really contributed to the calm, loving energy we didn't even know was possible and Chad was no exception. He read the crowd, responded to Miley Cyrus requests- only on permission from the bride (trying to get a stubborn neighbor to get his butt on the dancefloor), smiled, laughed, and celebrated with us. We didn't have a wedding planner and had no point person for scheduling, but Chad stepped in with my groomsman and made the night seamless and incredible.
To say we had hands down the best wedding DJ in the Triangle may be something you'll see in many reviews for wedding DJ's. But to come across one that says that we feel like we've made a lifelong friend is something you won't find, except with Chad, The Local DJ.
Just meet with him, book him, and have him rock your wedding and you'll see.

Photo for The Local DJ Review - Stepping away from the DJ table to dance party with us.
Profile Picture Matt, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad provided the dancing music at our wedding of about 70 people. We sent him a Spotify list of music that we really liked and then he took it from there. He also took requests as they came up. He was extremely flexible but also provided guidance as needed. Everyone loved the music and we danced the night away! We highly recommend Chad!

Profile Picture Lynne, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

So glad we hired Chad to DJ our wedding. He was very easy to work with, both in the planning process and on the day of. His execution was flawless and the music was perfect.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was an amazing DJ. We chose him because he did such a great job at my brother's wedding last year. He sent a comprehensive form to fill out way before the wedding for all of the needed information; including a must play list of songs. The dance floor was packed for three hours at our wedding and never stopped once it started! The video is priceless and everyone keeps talking about what a blast they had!

Profile Picture Christine, 4/6/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I hired Chad to DJ my wedding and I was not let down. He was there early, came over prepared as we required the use of his equipment for some last minute unconventional requests, and performed exactly as you would want a professional DJ to. He was not fazed when we had to switch things up on him at the last second. Chad had done this before and it showed. He was great on the microphone and at ease in front of a crowd. My wedding was the most important moment in my life and if the wedding event itself was a wristwatch then Chad was a Rolex quality cog. I wouldn't use anyone else and I highly recommend him! Thank you Chad!!!

Profile Picture Sam, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad DJ'd our wedding and was great! He was very communicative and responsive leading up to the wedding and happy to help with some of my specific requests. He made the party great and the guests had a blast dancing the night away!

Profile Picture Courtney, 2/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was great to work with - we had several calls with him prior to our wedding to plan out the styles of music that we liked/wanted at our wedding, things we didnt want to hear, and the overall vibe we wanted. He was great - throughout the night so many of our guests commented on the amazing playlist and how much fun they had dancing! My husband and I danced all night and had such an incredible time! Thanks, Chad for listening to what we wanted and knocking it out of the park!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was awesome! He started off with a mo-town vibe during dinner and our guests were digging it. Then the real party started! The music choices were spot on and everyone had a blast! He was super flexible when we changed the schedule up a bit and overall just highly recommend.

Profile Picture Kristi, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Chad is a freaking rockstar. I got the feeling after talking to him that we wouldn't have to be super involved to have a pretty magical night. We erred to the side of being "un-involved" in the playlist creation, because in our conversations with him, we could tell Chad knew better about what people wanted to hear than we do. This is saying something as I used to produce records for a living. His playlist was pure fire. People danced for hours non-stop, and when we tried to leave they begged us to stay so the dancing could continue!
His gear is absolutely top-notch professional equipment, for dancing, this matters a lot since you want the music not just to sound good but to feel good. He also did a brilliant job facilitating the toasts and MC-ing the event in general.
At the end of the day, Chad made everybody there have a blast. He also seemed to have a blast himself, which is more than you could ask for. A++++

Photo for The Local DJ Review - glow-sticks courtesy of chad... mega-party.
Profile Picture Edd, 10/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad did a great job of keeping the dance floor alive!

Profile Picture Victoria, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Chad is amazing and gets our highest recommendation! He has a totally laid-back demeanor while remaining on top of his game. He is incredibly easy to work with and got it all right in terms of utilizing our music selections, timing our reception entrance perfectly with the music, and was able to get a good feel for the crowd. He provided our ceremony music, lapel mic for the officiant and reception music. Great DJ and great person!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was awesome from beginning to end. Great communication, flexible with our playlist (especially the night of) and most importantly - got everyone dancing. So happy to have found him! We had an awesome time and I would highly recommend him if you're looking for the same. Thank you so much, Chad!

Profile Picture Kassy, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was one of the best parts of my now husband and I's wedding this September. Words can't describe how grateful we were to have him there. If I were to sum up our experience of working with him, I would say that he is versatile and energetic. He was able to choose the perfect songs for different points in the night and really read what the crowd would want in those moments. Nothing ever felt out of place as it all matched seamlessly with the environment, mood and people.

Almost everyone was dancing at our wedding and we had to practically kick people out because they wanted to keep the party going. There was never a dull song or moment and each time you stepped off the dance floor to grab a drink, the next song would come on and pull you back in.

Thank you Chad!!! The night would have not been the same without you.

Profile Picture Mary Clare, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Echoing what everyone has written here - Chad is a fantastic DJ. He was accommodating, professional and super easy to work with. He did a fantastic job keeping the party and dancing going!! Pricing is super reasonable too!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad (The Local DJ) was so great to work with! We gave him a just few songs we wanted him to play and with that knowledge, he was able to create a super fun playlist for the whole night. He got our guests on the dance floor with some great hits and was able to keep them there all night. During the reception, we had some specially requested songs that were a little odd and he played them no problem! Prior to the wedding, Chad was so easy to communicate with. He's so laid back and accommodating. We cannot recommend The Local DJ more!

Profile Picture Carly, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was the absolute man, and a total pleasure to work with. From the time leading up the the wedding, when he worked with us to figure out what we wanted (and didn't want) played, to the wedding night itself, we could always count on Chad. His flexibility is unparalleled. During our first dance, I realized our song was too long and we'd run out of dance moves. All it took was a quick glance at Chad and a mutual nod, such that he knew when I went in for the dip about 75% through the song, to fade out the music perfectly. Later on my mom had a slow song request... the party was pretty wild at that point so Chad asked what I preferred, playing the song at that time or waiting for the walk out to better match the mood of the party. Incredibly thoughtful, great awareness, and fantastic song choices. 10/10 for Chad and would definitely book him again.

Profile Picture Joe, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Don't hire anyone else other than Chad, unless you're one of those people who hates fun and likes to worry about things. The only negative to working with Chad is that he has everything on such lock down that it's disarming how calm he is through the process. We came at him with with a variety of requests, including a few things he had never done before (including splicing in karaoke and live streaming the Derby from a cell phone) and all he would do is just look around and go "yup, no problem." That was his only response to everything because he handled EVERYTHING, no problem. He was on time to set up and brought everything he needed or may have needed. He had pro insight on where he should be and how things should go (just trust him, he's right). I was deadset on giving him an exhaustive playlist to choose from but as time got away from me I just gave him an outline of genre and artists and he KILLED IT. Music I hadn't heard of yet, songs I wouldn't have thought to include, he took our 150 guests on a journey from drinks to dinner to mingling to old folks dancing to warming up the dance floor and finishing out with an epic dance party. My drunk father even knocked over his fancy light bar thing and he wasn't even mad about it, at least that he showed, and that's what counts. And at the end of the night when things were breaking down, I asked what help he needed and he said none, he had it, and a little while later I looked up and he had disappeared just as gracefully as he had entered. I'll be honest, I'm an asshole about music and can be difficult to work with, but I can't find anything negative to say about working with Chad other than he is so good it's hard to prepare for. Just book him and let it happen.

Profile Picture Maks, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chad was recommended to us by our planner and he came highly recommended on all review sites I saw so we were not worried at all. We were right not to be worried because he did an amazing job! He used songs I specifically wanted to be played and curated a playlist that kept people dancing all night! There is always a worry in the back of a bride's mind that people will not dance or everyone will leave early - this will not happen with Chad! The music during the ceremony went very smoothly as well. The transitions were great and made me feel comfortable during the scary task of walking down the aisle. I would highly recommend Chad for any events in the future!

Profile Picture Brandi, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad was a DREAM to work with. He was the DJ for a friend's wedding back in 2015 and that's how I found him. He did an initial consult with us before the wedding and was so easy to work with. We gave him a huge list of songs and he did a great job finding our music style from the list. He worked very well with out Wedding Coordinator and we could not have asked for better service!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews