The Living Room Reviews

7 Reviews for The Living Room

The Living Room 1
The Living Room 2

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2017

This place is great! I can’t even begin to list the things I loved or the review would be too long! I had a blast at my wedding, as every bride should!!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Dasha · Married on 11/21/2015

I used the Living Room for my ceremony and reception. The building manager was beyond helpful and was great at promptly getting back to me with any questions that I had. I loved the look of the space and the fact that you can use any caterer that you wish. I had no issues the day of the ceremony and everything I needed was set up beforehand. I am glad I chose this venue.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Kate · Married on 04/13/2019

Celebrating The Living Room

The Living Room offered my husband and I a venue unlike any other in Omaha. With brick wall, peaked ceilings with wooden beams, and industrial touches, the venue offered ample atmosphere itself while still providing the opportunity to get creative and personal with decorations. With a staffing change within the venue during our planning process, communication was a bit delayed at times, but overall everyone we worked with was very friendly and accommodating. I changed my layout a few times leading up to the event and staff was understanding and helpful with the changes. It was a blessing to be able to come in the Friday before our wedding to begin hanging our greenery installation from the ceiling and set out our centerpieces to eliminate stresses on the actual day. The open vendor policy of The Living Room was truly appreciated as well! I would definitely recommend The Living Room to other couples and businesses for their events!

Sent on 04/18/2019
    The Living Room 3
    The Living Room 4
  • Baileigh

Baileigh · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Dreamy, beautiful venue.

We have had a wonderful experience so far with The Living Room venue. They were so sweet when we arrived (late) due to the snow. They were extremely accommodating and answered all my silly questions without making me feel silly!

Sent on 01/22/2019

The Living Room's reply:

Thank you Baileigh for the kind words. It was a pleasure to give you a tour of our venue and answer all of you not-so-silly questions.

Amber · Married on 06/10/2016

4.2

My wedding reception was amazing at The Living Room. The Mastercraft building was gorgeous for our wedding photographs; we had compliments on the space from our guests. Marisa, the event planner, was patient with us and made our celebration run smoothly. She was very open about making the space fit our style, even with DIY decorations. The staff was helpful and made the night stress free.

The space was clean and the tables were set up for us by 8am on the day of the wedding. The staff helped with our DIY decorations and guided us with their speaker system, projector and lighting. Marisa was a huge help and organized with our floral, caterer and table linen vendors. We didn't have to stress on our big day.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Brandy · Married on 05/03/2014

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

We got married May 3rd, 2014. We rented this venue for $2,150 for the ceremony and reception space. This venue is beautiful, and we couldn't wait to get married here. Unfortunately, it was a terrible weekend to rent it. A pipe broke in their parking lot and they worked on it the week before our wedding. It rained all week and was a muddy mess. I called the venue manager 2 days before the event because we drove by and saw heavy machinery and the parking lot was completely torn up. We saw her that day and she told me would would get compensated for the eye sore and lack of parking spots.

The actual event went well. Before it started though, our handicapped guests had to roll over gravel to get to the entrance (which was the loading dock in the back of the building). No one could get through the front. My elderly guests had issues walking over the gravel as well. It was confusing on how to get in since you had to go through the back.

At the end of the night, my dad drove over the new concrete that was laid with permission. We rented all equipment and dishes from a rental hall, so he loaded it all in his van. When talking to the venue manager after, we didn't get our full security deposit back or any compensation. She set up white chairs for our ceremony (Required to rent, but we signed the contract before this was added in. It was a $250 value). She wanted to test her set up and tear down time. Then, she used this against us. She told the owner that she gave us the chairs for free which should be good enough for compensation! She also told us that my dad driving on the concrete resulted in a void in the warranty. He got permission to! He even said he would testify on their behalf to get the warranty cleared.

I feel like, in our situation, the venue cared more about making money than having us happy. The venue manager was dishonest to the owner when it came to the white chairs and cement, both of which she knew about before hand.

Sent on 05/19/2014

1.2
      2.0

Review from the Maid of Honor:
    1.Venue not cleaned after previous nights event. (Not mopped, trash still present)
    2.Venue ice machine broke down, had to purchase over 100 lbs of bagged ice. (Between ceremony close and start of reception)
    3.PA System in dining hall not operating for toasts, and dining directions.
    4. Cool claw foot tub, not adequate storage for bevs to supply 200+ guests (have to "hire" someone to stock and bartend).
    5. Told to be out by 1 a.m., instead get locked out of venue at 12.
    6. Transport vehicles (taxis, vendors, etc) locked out of 8' tall iron gate and fence at midnight.
    7. "Security Guard" uses flashlight and threats of eviction to those exhibiting signs of over intoxication; when no distress, damage, or complaints had been raised by the party or its guests.
    8. No helpful response, apology, or compensation will be offered to you after your check is cashed.
    Beautiful place, but I advise you to RUN AWAY.

Sent on 06/08/2015