The Lily Pad Reviews

26 | Whitsett, NC

26 Reviews for The Lily Pad

Sydney · Married on 10/14/2017

Sharon is wonderful to work with! She is very straightforward about what her packages include and what she allows and doesn't allow. The decorations at the venue were an added bonus - we didn't have to buy hardly any table decor, and she has tables, tablecloths and chairs there which is awesome - no rentals! We were looking for a laid-back, rustic venue with the option for an outdoor ceremony and we got just that. I am so thankful the weather was good for our big day, but Sharon has a plan B and a plan C for anyone planning on having their wedding outside - just in case. I would recommend her beautiful venue to anyone! It was especially convenient for me and my husband with friends in the RDU area and family in the Triad area - it's right off I40. She also let me do my bridal portraits on site months before my wedding, which I really enjoyed and appreciated!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Caroline & Antonio · Married on 10/07/2017

If you don’t know about The Lily Pad you are seriously missing out! Cannot reccommend this beautiful and amazing venue enough. Sharon the owner and her husband Al waere beyond wonderful to work with, my husband and I LOVE HER! We were looking for a rustic farm venue & this was exactly what we were looking for!! Fit our personalities & vision perfectly. There are so many different amenities to accommodate what you are looking for. You cannot go wrong booking The Lily Pad!! If we have another reason to use her venue again we certainly would! Thank you so much for everything Sharon!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/17/2017

The Lily Pad couldn't have been more perfect for our day. The entire property from the estate to the Event Center is absolutely gorgeous. Sharon is a dream to work with, she is very flexible and really does everything she can to make your day amazing. We truly enjoyed our experience at the Lily Pad.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Blair · Married on 03/11/2017

By far the best venue and easiest decision for our wedding. Kevin and I were so happy with our decision to work with The Lily Pad. Sharon and her husband Al, take such great care of the property you can tell the pride they take in their work. Both went well above and beyond to ensure everything on our day and days before our day went just as planned. Anyone who books with The Lily Pad will not be disappointed. Sharon was by far the quickest turn around for communication of any of our vendors. All the package options allowed us to choose exactly what we wanted within our budget for the reception, and ceremony with the add on bridal suite. Sharon and Al, Kevin and I couldn't thank y'all enough for making our special day the absolute best! Thank you for everything.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

We are just leaving the venue and can not be more excited! Sharon has added so many items for us to use for free! I am especially excited about the whiskey barrels! We are having our ceremony using the barn as the backdrop, cocktail hour in front of the event center, and the moving inside for our reception. We plan on having all the doors open during our reception. Sharon is wonderful to work with, and we are getting a lot of bang for our buck! I could not be happier that we are having our big bay at The Lily Pad!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Susan · Married on 06/04/2016

Bryan and I are so excited about our upcoming wedding at The Lily Pad! I can not say enough about this venue. Sharon has been open to all of my ideas and willing to make herself available for our planning process. I am pleased to say we are ready for our June wedding! The venues grounds are absolutely gorgeous and there are so many options! Many amenities have been added since we booked last year, and they are included for free in our package! I simply cannot not wait to celebrate with our family and friends! Praying for beautiful weather, but happy we have a plan B and C. Thank you Sharon for sharing this special place with us and helping in all the ways you do!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Tristan · Married on 04/16/2016

We booked The Lily Pad in September 2015 for our rehearsal dinner and wedding in April 2016. My finance and I knew ,after the tour,that this was the perfect place for our wedding! My mother and I visited the property just this past week in January. We were pleasantly surprised by all the improvements that have been made since we booked. A new parking lot and pathway that I really like because all the cars will not be visible from the house and the barn and the beautiful pathway will definitely make things easier for our guest. What I love the most is that so many things are included in the price,we have time the day before to set the barn up the way we want it and get to have our rehearsal/rehearsal dinner at the house. We plan on using there bottles,mason jars,wood slices,chalkboards,arbor,whiskey barrels .With all that we are able to make our own flower centerpieces,which is saving us money ! The barn chairs for our reception are absolutely gorgeous and the draping and lights are perfect! When Sharron asked me to write a review for her I was happy to oblige her! She is fantastic! Sharron has been so flexible in working with me to make my big day perfect! She always has responded to my calls/e mails quickly,you can tell she loves her job and the place. I just can not say enough about how wonderful The Lily Pad and Sharron have been! We can't wait to tie the knot at The Lily Pad!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Natalie · Married on 04/16/2016

The time my family and I spent together at The Lily Pad will always hold a special place in my heart. Not only did I marry the man of my dreams, but our families were able to make memories together. Looking back on the four days we spent together makes me smile, and I wish we could do it all again! Our family members said it was like a vacation and made their trip into town less hectic and rushed. We enjoyed preparing meals together, playing billiards upstairs, and having time to visit with one another in such a beautiful setting. Sharon was great to work with, and followed through with what she said. This venue is absolutely gorgeous! The included amenities helped us stay in our budget and reduced the stress of finding/renting the items. I would recommend The Lily Pad to anyone who is looking for a place to spend time with their families before their wedding day. It was wonderful experience! Thank you Sharon and The Lily Pad for all you did for us and our families.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Grayson · Married on 03/26/2016

The Lily Pad is amazing and beautiful venue for any event, meetings and especially your wedding! The setting is so beautiful from the house to wedding venue with lush green pastures with beautiful horses in the background too the immaculate well groomed landscaping. Sharon and Al were most helpful in helping us plan and coordinate our wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Sara Beth · Married on 10/03/2015

Sharon is SO flexible and easy to work with. The stress of finding a venue within our budget and without a ton of restrictions for vendors was taken away once we found the Lily Pad. The value here is unmatched at any other large venue in the Triad area. We were so relieved to finally find a venue that offers linens, chairs (BEAUTIFUL chairs), tables, and lots of other extras for decor and serving. It has been a joy planning our wedding reception because Sharon is available whenever you need her. She genuinely wants you to have the wedding that YOU want. The location is ideal, the property is beautiful, and the package options allow you to make the weekend exactly what you want it to be. We are so happy with our decision to use the Lily Pad for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Krystal · Married on 09/12/2015

I can honestly say Chad and I had a wedding we will never forget! The time we spent at Lily Pad allowed our families to get to know one another. Chad's parents flew in three days before our wedding from MA to help us prepare for our rehearsal dinner and wedding. They along with a few other family members stayed at Lily Pad. We feel blessed for the memories made during these three days. Our rehearsal dinner was themed Pig Pickin, and The Lily Pad was a perfect backdrop! We had to move our ceremony spot to "Plan C" because of all the rain prior to our big day, but the barn in the backdrop was beautiful! I loved that the horses were in some of our pictures, and thankful we were able to keep our guest feet mud free! Sharon was a pleasure to work with and responded quickly to our questions. I can not thank her or her staff enough for helping us in making our wedding dream come true. I would highly recommend this venue to other couples looking for a farm setting and lots of included amenities. Thank you Lily Pad!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Susan · Married on 09/05/2015

Absolutely loved our Venue!! We were hooked as soon as we saw the beautiful grounds and backdrop of this gorgeous place. Sharon and Al were so attentive and went out of their way to make our special day just perfect for us. The Lily Pad is equipped with so many options it was hard to settle on just one. We will cherish our memories of our wedding for the rest of our lives and can not thank the staff at the Lily Pad for all the details that made our day exceptional.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Sherrie · Married on 08/15/2015

We had the wedding of our dreams at The Lily Pad! I did not know that such as venue existed within our budget. I loved the fact that so many things were included in our package, and there were not any surprise charges from our venue. Our farm wedding was beyond my expectations, and we still receive compliments on how beautiful our wedding day was! We chose to get married in the field with the rolling hills as our backdrop. Our reception was in the barn. The timeline Sharon helped us create helped our evening run smoothly. I can not express how helpful and flexible Sharon was in planning our wedding. She returned my and my mother's text and calls quickly, and helped us have everything in place a month before our wedding. It was great being able to have our rehearsal dinner in the estate, and rehearse our ceremony as well. I would recommend this venue and staff to anyone who loves the farm theme with and wants a added touch of elegance!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2015

It's amazing how fast time goes by, but I was just flipping through our wedding album and I realized that I forgot to thank the people who made it happen! I want to thank The Lily Pad, Sharon, and everyone associated with The Lily Pad who made my dream wedding come true! The beautiful place, the linens, the lights, the music, the flowers, and the food, all of it was just amazing. I'm looking back at these pictures and everyone was so happy, it was truly a glorious event! Sharon sat down with us and helped us throughout the whole thing. She turned planning a wedding something I was so overwhelmed by into something sensible and enjoyable. Can't recommend The Lily Pad enough!

Sent on 02/27/2016

Sandi · Married on 08/01/2015

I have never written a review before but when Sharon asked me to I was happy to do it! I can not express how helpful,flexible, and accommodating she was during our planning. We could not of been happier with our decision to use The Lily Pad! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and the amenities included made things much easier to plan. Not to mention easier on our budget! Me and my bridesmaids spent the night in the barn after our rehearsal dinner. Many wonderful memories were made that Friday night. Having the time to set things up helped make our wedding day stress free! Thank you Sharon and Lily Pad for everything:)

Sent on 03/16/2016

Lori · Married on 07/18/2015

I would definitely recommend to everyone The Lily Pad of NC. We married July 18th and I have to say it was the most wonderful experience I could imagine. We chose to book the venue for the entire weekend to celebrate with friends and family. The home was so inviting with seemingly endless space, comfortable rooms and excellent amenities. My in laws loved it so much they want to plan their anniversary here! My wedding photos, both indoors and outside, turned out AMAZING!!!! Timeless memories made here.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Caitlin · Married on 06/13/2015

This place is absolutely beautiful everywhere you look. It is luxury combined with rustic. Sharon provides everything you can imagine to make your dream wedding come true and works with your budget. I would recommend this place for any event. It has plenty of space and beauty around.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Holly · Married on 06/06/2015

The Lily Pad has so many options and amenities that are included. When Tyler and I toured we knew right away this was the venue for us, even though it was raining during our event we were given options Our accommodations were great. My family & I were given the opportunity to make memories the night before. Can't say enough... The pool was awesome :) #lovethelilypad

Sent on 01/10/2016

Emily · Married on 05/09/2015

I had my wedding at the Lily Pad on Saturday, May 9th, 2015. Sharon, the owner/operator, made my dreams come true! I really had no idea how to plan a wedding. I knew I wanted a country elegant theme but worried about how I would do it all with my busy work schedule. Sharon made everything so easy. The Lily Pad offers so many options and amenities...all inclusive from the beautiful property, lodging, tables & chairs, to small things like centerpieces and vases. I took her recommendations on a DJ and caterer and were very pleased with both. Anytime I called frantic Sharon calmed my worry and had solutions. I guess professionals in this field are used to this but she made me feel like my wedding was her only concern. We had the rehearsal dinner on Friday and all my bridesmaids stayed with me at the Event Center that night. We had cocktails by the pool and our ceremony was outside. I could not have asked for a better day....the weather was nice and the scenery around the entire property was beautiful. Our memories made are priceless! Thank you Sharon...The Lily Pad!!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Jane · Married on 04/18/2015

This was my dream come true wedding, after we toured the property we knew for sure we wanted to get married there. They have a parking lot that is off scene and out of any pictures that are taken. The Lily Pad had everything we needed for our weeding including; centerpieces, mason jars, tables, chairs, and many more, which saves us money. Our weeding was very smooth and not stressful. We were given several compliments from our friends and family about how wonderful our wedding was. The scenery here is beautiful, they have horses, large rolling hills, and the drapery and lights inside the event center are stunning. Sharon is an extremely nice person and she made this weeding as easy as possible. I highly recommend The Lily Pad.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Paula · Married on 02/21/2015

This venue was absolutely gorgeous. The ease of booking and the attention to detail made our day one we will never forget! The owners were attentive and courteous with our needs as well as our guests. Thank you for the lifetime memories you created for us. Each time we hear of a couple asking about venues, we share our experience and encourage them to view this venue! THANK YOU for all of your hard work!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Cherie · Married on 09/20/2014

Looking for a beautiful facility to have your wedding, then check out the Lily Pad. Sharon is so easy to work with and goes above and beyond expectations. She offers several packages to make your wedding day stress free. I would recommend this facility not just for weddings but all occasions.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Josh · Married on 05/14/2016

The lily pad is a beautiful venue with the perfect location. It is a very large venue with many different options for where you would like you ceremony. Sharon is very flexible and offers many different packages that could suit all types of weddings/ceremonies. It was also very convenient that the reception area was already set up with so many beautiful decorations which made planning much easier. The beautiful country scenery makes for the perfect, peaceful wedding day.

Sent on 01/01/2016

Rachael · Married on 07/30/2016

The Lily Pad was a gorgeous venue for our wedding! Our day was amazing. They offer many options for your rehearsal, ceremony and reception. I even did my bridal portraits there. The one complaint I have is the time constraint of the rehearsal was a little tough but we were able to do it. Overall, I could not have been more happy with our choice to use The Lily Pad.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Capri · Married on 04/09/2016

The Lily Pad of NC was a beautiful wedding venue! All of our guests loved it. We held our ceremony out in the pasture overlooking rolling hills in the background. The wind was terrible, and the staff at The Lily Pad were so awesome to keep resetting our chairs every time the wind blew them over until guests started arriving. Sharon is easy to contact and very responsive. There are no surprises at this venue, she will tell you in detail up front everything you get by booking with her. The event center where we held the reception was just as beautiful as the ceremony itself, all of our guests couldn't believe such an awesome place was hidden in Whitsett. They had golf carts to transport our guests back to the parking lot as they left the reception. Sharon has thought of every detail and turned the estate in to a gorgeous venue. She has decorations you can use for centerpieces, chalk boards, beverage buckets, you name it, she has it and you can use it! We also held our rehearsal dinner in the estate and all of our guests thought it was a beautiful home and felt very comfortable. I can't imagine our wedding would have been as successful anywhere else!

Sent on 04/24/2016