The Lighthouse Inn Reviews

The Lighthouse Inn 4
The Lighthouse Inn 5
The Lighthouse Inn 6
The Lighthouse Inn 7

Bill Sherman and his team at Lighthouse Inn pulled off the perfect wedding for us! Bill was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with throughout the planning process, and the whole staff provided a fantastic day-of experience for us and our guests.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Hanna · Married on 06/27/2015

Working with Bill is easy and totally worth the value!! The only downside was that the venue has more than one wedding a day, but given these are never simultaneous, this was not even an issue. If you want a great place to go on the Cape and have your wedding, LHI is it!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2015
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/05/2018

Family oriented, above and beyond, bang for your buck

I don't even know where to begin this review, but our experience with the Lighthouse Inn was phenomenal. While it didn't feel like a destination to us, because the Cape is truly our home, planning a wedding in Massachusetts while you're in grad school in New Jersey is no small feat. But Bill and the whole team at the Lighthouse really made things so much easier for us.

We wanted this wedding to be a celebration of us and the friends and family who support us. It was not cookie cutter or like something you had seen before, and Bill was so flexible with all our DIY projects. We did the flowers ourselves and assembled them on site. We did all the decor ourselves, but I was able to hand him a map and the team set it up *exactly* how I envisioned it. When last minute changes to the guest list popped up, he was calm, cool, and collected. Our family and friends, literally from all over the country, felt so welcomed and at home. The staff was incredible. Also--get yourself into room 6 for your wedding if you can! It's huge, a great place to get ready. And the balcony is so freaking pretty. Everything was easy, lovely. It was our dream wedding.

And then there's the food! OMG it was so good. People are still talking about that lobster bake. I couldn't finish my plate. People took home "doggie bags" to eat back in their rooms. So delicious and precisely the experience we wanted our guests to have. You simply cannot beat the price for the location, the meal options, and the quality of service. I am thrilled with our choice.

Sent on 10/30/2018

krista · Married on 10/09/2016

Everything was excellent! Guests loved the food everything was set up beautifully, Bill is a great guy to work with! Very flexible, beautiful location, reasonably priced

Sent on 11/02/2016

I always wanted to have my wedding on the Cape! My husband and saw Lighthouse Inn and it was perfect. Bill Sherman is wonderful to work with, he was so helpful, on top everything and just really bent over backwards to make sure we were more than happy with our ceremony and reception. The cabins and the facility were great and grounds are gorgeous! One of the groundskeepers even let my nephews/ring bearer raise the flag Saturday morning! Justin & I are even going to plan another trip there next year, for our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 07/31/2014
  • jessalyn

jessalyn · Married on 09/16/2011

You can't beat the location and the cape cod charm of the lighthouse inn! All my guests commented on how beautiful the wedding was! Everyone who stayed at the inn for the weekend had a lovely time!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Thomas · Married on 10/08/2017

The Lighthouse Inn and Bill Sherman were fantastic throughout our entire wedding weekend. Everyone was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. We were lucky to sneak our wedding in before a rain storm and had a beautiful ceremony on the beach with family and friends. The reception was the perfect New England fall atmosphere we were looking for when looking to get married in October. The food was great and we received several complements from our guests. I would highly recommend their venue for anyone looking to get married on the Cape.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Jenn · Married on 05/27/2017

Bill Sherman and all of the staff at The Lighthouse Inn made our May 2017 wedding reception perfect! For a venue on the water, the price point is reasonable and the staff is wonderful to work with. From the beginning of our wedding planning, we knew this was our top venue spot. I am from the Cape and this is the definition of "old cape cod magic" and the feeling you get when you are on the dance floor, or sitting at the table overlooking the ocean, it's truly magical. The food is very good, especially the passed appetizer selection. We had signature drinks which were very good and the bar provided many different options for us in the planning, which was perfect for our guests. We even were able to host a welcome party the night before our wedding, which was so special. Bill was just a phone call away anytime I had a question throughout the planning process and our wedding vendors, including the videographer, photographers, DJ, and florist, all were incorporated seamlessly into the wedding planning and wedding day. You can't go wrong with this as a venue for a wedding or function space, it's a gorgeous backdrop in old Cape Cod.

Sent on 08/26/2017

denis kelleher · Married on 06/14/2019

Awesome Beach Front Wedding Venue

My wife and I got engaged last spring 2018 and knew immediately that we wanted to get married in the Cape. We are both originally from the Boston area and have had most of best times there. My wife and I have been to several weddings on the cape but had never even heard of the Lighthouse Inn until we began searching for venues. We wanted a place on the water that could accommodate a 200 person wedding where friends and family could all stay on site and that wasn’t going to break the bank as we were mostly paying for the wedding ourselves. The Lighthouse Inn has all of the above. A rustic Cape Cod setting with gorgeous views of Nantucket Sound. Having our friends and family staying on site in beach front cottages was awesome. Our wedding was on a Friday and the party continued right into the next day on the beach and out in front of the cottages with coolers of beer and cornhole. We did heavy passed aps, a raw bar and food stations instead of traditional sit-down dinner. While my wife and I barely had a chance to eat (because we were crushing the dance floor), all of our guests said the food was excellent. Bill Sherman the director of food and beverage there was great. He was able to answer all of our questions and more than happy to meet with us in person several times in the year leading up to the wedding to discuss the layout and food choices. Any combination of food and drink you can think of they can accommodate. Bill and his staff really took great care of us and our guests staying on site. A Full Breakfast is included for all guests staying on the property. New England weather is impossible to predict but lucky for us all we had to deal with were 30 knot wind gusts during the cocktail hour. We weren’t able to take advantage of the awesome outside deck and patio until a little later in the night when the wind died down. If you are looking to have a wedding on the cape, then you have to check out the Light House Inn!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Carly · Married on 08/13/2016

I recently got married at LHI (8/13/16). It was the perfect wedding weekend I ever could have dreamt of! I was weary at first of the low ceilings and the size of the dance floor in the downstairs, but once the DJ had set up the uplighting, the space was transformed and we danced all night long. All of our guests loved the food, especially the Filet Oscar, and truly enjoyed what the LHI offers.
    The only issue, and it was somewhat my own fault, was that I hadn't booked my own room on the campus. Our whole family and friends had houses and cottages, but due to the two night minimum, my husband and I wanted to stay true to tradition and not sleep in the same room the night before our wedding and they wouldn't accommodate only 1 night. This led to a predicament about where my bridal party was going to get ready, we had to take over his sisters cottage which wasn't ideal. The only thing I'd wished for was a bridal suite to get ready or a 1 night stay accommodation since we were paying a lot for the wedding to happen there.
    Everything else, the service, the set up, the timing and the facilities themselves were 100% perfect. Bill was super easy to work with, with a much more mellow demeanor than then 'wedding planner' you picture from 'Father of the Bride'. Our whole family enjoyed the beach, the pool, the fire pit, and the campus itself. If you're looking for a reasonably priced Cape Cod wedding, than this is the place for you. Our level of fun trumped our level of fancy and LHI's classic cape charm worked its magic on even the toughest of critics in our group.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Rolland · Married on 08/12/2017

4.2
      3.0

Overall, we were very pleased with the services provided.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jillian · Married on 09/22/2007

3.8
      3.0

The Lighthouse Inn in West Dennis, MA is a hidden gem. It is a gorgeous venue-located right on the ocean. The main building is a lighthouse, which is where there are several guest suites; the reception hall; and the honeymoon suite. There is a large dark right on the water-just beautiful.

Sent on 09/27/2008