The Lighthouse Inn Reviews

The Lighthouse Inn 4
The Lighthouse Inn 5
The Lighthouse Inn 6
The Lighthouse Inn 7

Bill and his team were truly great!

Everything went smooth, even under stressful circumstances due to bad weather.

Although we had hoped for an outdoor ceremony, heavy rain forced us indoors and it ended up being a blessing is disguise, as everyone had a good time and wedding was great.

Bill was unflappable throughout the process leading up to and including the entire ceremony itself. We are grateful to Bill and the staff, and look forward to staying again in the bridal suite at some point in the future.....just to relive some of our wedding memories!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Our wedding at the Lighthouse Inn, Cape Cod was everything we wanted and more! The beachfront setting coupled with excellent service surpassed every expectation.

It was an absolute pleasure working with Bill Sherman, the wedding coordinator. He is extremely knowledgeable and professional and went above and beyond to accommodate every single request we had. Unfortunately, it rained on our wedding day, so we couldn’t have the ceremony on the beach, as planned. However, Bill Sherman saved the day as he had a rain plan and everything workout really good. Apparently, it is actually considered “good luck” to have rain on wedding day.

Our guests were extremely impressed with the quality of food at our wedding reception. As a bride, I didn’t have time to try all the appetizers and most of the food; however, I did try the prime rib and it was extremely delicious! It was tender, moist, and full of flavor!

We can't wait to go back and celebrate our anniversaries at the Light House Inn!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Jodi · Married on 09/26/2015

I can't say enough great things about the atmosphere, staff and most especially Bill Sherman! He worked with our budget and was easy to coordinate with to give us the most perfect day! It was very low stress because of him knowing his business and how to work with families :) Absolutely gorgeous property that we will visit every year from now on!! Thank you for making our wedding the most wonderful day of our lives!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Mary · Married on 09/20/2015

I could not be happier with everything about having my ceremony and wedding reception at the Lighthouse Inn. They were able to act quickly to the change of ceremony location when it rained, they placed my decorations perfectly, including the ones I asked them to place at their choice because I didn't know where exactly to put them. The food was fantastic. The place was gorgeous. The grounds were beautiful. The staff was excellent. Settling up at the end of the night was very easy, as was the entire payment process. I wish I could do it all over again and not change a thing.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Anna · Married on 09/11/2015

The Lighthouse Inn was everything my wife and I expected and more for our perfect cape cod wedding!! Everything from the food to the view to the staff was exactly what we wanted. We had about 155 guests and chose the buffet/stations options. Everyone loved the food and raved about the picturesque atmosphere. All of our friends and family that were able to stay at the resort loved it and said how accommodating the staff was for any little thing. Plus you can't beat their breakfast! Bill was absolutely amazing to work with. He pays attention to every little detail and makes sure your day goes exactly how you picture it. He knows to ask things that you don't even think of! We had a huge wedding party and Bill was very patient and efficient in making sure everyone knew what to do and where to go. I can't say enough about Bill and The Lighthouse Inn except that this is the best choice for a wedding venue! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Eric · Married on 08/02/2015

A beautiful place to hold any event! Everyone was very pleased with everything the lighthouse inn had to offer. The food was delicious as well!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Alana · Married on 08/01/2015

The Lighthouse Inn in West Dennis is the best way to have that perfect Cape Cod wedding on a budget. We planned our wedding in 6 months for about 60 people, and could not have done it without Bill Sherman. Bill is the GM and Event Coordinator, and is an absolute professional. He met us over the winter (off season) to show us the space and help us start the planning process. He checked in with me every few weeks with updates and suggestions. Tiana in Reservations followed up with me frequently on room assignments and costs.

Our wedding party stayed Friday to Sunday in the 6-room Lodge. It could not have been more convenient. Our guests enjoyed a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning overlooking the water; drinks and lunch by the pool; tennis and basketball. Lodging and dining hall are just steps from the beach. Everyone at the Inn was so accommodating to my friends and family. At one point, we had 400 flowers delivered to the Inn which Rohan and Neashann happily helped us get to our rooms. Judith at the front desk even put them in water for us.

On the weekend of the wedding, Bill guided us through our rehearsal, ceremony, dinner, and reception. Everything went off without a hitch. We opted for the New England Clambake, and I am STILL hearing about how amazing the food was. One guest said, "This is the best meal I've had in years. Not just for a wedding--the best meal ever." Folks who were not able to attend heard about the high quality of the meal first before anything else.

At the end of our stay, everyone was reluctant to leave. My parents will make a pilgrimage to the Lighthouse every summer from now on. Friends will always remember hanging out by the fire pit under the full moon, and walking down to the Sand Bar for raw oysters. The Lighthouse is the best value on the Cape and frankly, there's no way I could have had my perfect Cape Cod wedding without them.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Bill, thank you for making our wedding day so special! We were so happy with how the day went! You were such a big help and very accommodating to our needs. We really appreciated the time and effort you put in helping us create the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Cait · Married on 07/25/2015

We recently had our wedding here and it was fantastic. Bill Sherman is easy to work with, responsive, and has years of experience. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything going smoothly because of him. He also knows all the vendors in the area so that's particularly easy to deal with- the vendors just show up and already know what to do & where to be. We had a lot of out of state visitors who loved their stay at the inn. It is NOT a fancy place! It is much more "old Cape". It's relaxed, kid-friendly, and a good place to relax and a have a good time. The food was good and you have every possible option for how to run your bar. The one potential downside, which I did not care about, is that you can't have music during dinner (it's part of the restaurant in the summer, so music played in). I was a little afraid it would feel weird since we didn't have the whole space because it's summer (so the restaurant still operates) but we were totally closed off and it didn't matter in the least. It was great, a bargain compared to most places, and we had a really great weekend there.

Sent on 07/31/2015
  • Judi's & Tiera's Wedding

Judi · Married on 07/27/2014

The Lighthouse Inn made our wedding dreams come true. We wanted a small intimate wedding on the beach and the picturesque Lighthouse Inn was spectacular. Mr. Bill Sherman is very helpful, patient, organized, and a wonderful man to work with. The Lighthouse staff are amazing as well. Everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy making our special day come true.

The Lighthouse Inn served as lodging for all our out of town guests and was the venue for our reception. All our guests raved about the delicious food and service. The Filet Mignon Oscar was outstanding and a popular hit among our guests. The Pork Loin with Peach and Cranberry Chutney was excellent and moist. The Vegetarian dinner inspired a few of our friends to ask for the recipe, which the Inn gave to them. Comments were made by many family and freinds, that this was the best food (and wedding food) they ever tasted!!!

Our dream wedding came true due in large part to Bill and the Lighthouse staff.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2014

I worked with Bill Sherman; while I was in Pennsylvania, we had routine phone contract. I found Bill prompt, professional and easy to work with. The staff on site were great and helped with small details. A luncheon following a sea side ceremony was simply arranged and I was very happy.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I were married at the Lighthouse Inn this past June and it could not have been more perfect. Bill Sherman was a great resource and helped us create the perfect wedding weekend. Our friends and family were able to stay at the Inn, and everything from the setting up to breaking down went so smoothly.

We created memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 02/02/2015

My husband and I were married at the Lighthouse Inn on Memorial Day weekend 2014. All of our friends and family stayed at the Inn and we had the ceremony out front and reception on sight. With a view like this one, you don't need much else to have a beautiful wedding. The staff was friendly and professional and the wedding coordinator, Bill Sherman, was amazing. He helped us with the entire planning process and made sure everything was perfect on our big day. It truly was the best day of our lives, thanks in large part to the Lighthouse Inn. Nothing says old Cape Cod like this place.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Jillian · Married on 07/26/2013

This place was more than I could have expected. And the price was affordable. It has a very rustic and homey feel to it. The staff is amazing! They took care of just about everything for us. So when the wedding day came, there wasn't much for me to worry about. They took care of our bags, transporting us everything to and from the Inn and our cottage. AND set us all the centerpieces, which was A LOT!!!!! And the food...May I suggest the Clam Bake. It was the perfect New England touch to our wedding. This was a destination wedding for us, so it was very hard to choose a place. I love lighthouses. So when I saw the Inn was an actual lighthouse, I had to investigate. I had Bill Sherman get back to me about the Inn. After talking to Bill, I was SOLD. He made everything so easy for me. He sent me lists with names and numbers of every kind of vendors I could think of. He was prompt with getting back to me with any questions. And he worked so well with my wedding party getting the emergency indoor wedding set up, since of course it decided to rain that day...the only day of rain that week :( I could keep going, but I think you get the picture.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Shannon · Married on 06/21/2013

I had my reception at the Lighthouse Inn and my wedding was everything I dreamed it would be. We booked the Inn over a year in advance and Bill Sherman, the on-site wedding coordinator, helped us with every detail. He guided us in making decisions, staying on budget, and simply making it the perfect day. We wanted a true classic Cape Cod wedding and the Inn delivered just that. The food stations were delicious (we continue to get compliments) and the setting was breathtaking. Our guests continue to rave about the wedding and we couldn't be happier. In addition to our wedding day, the Inn was perfect for accommodating our large wedding party with multiple cottages and rooms for multiple days. Delicious breakfast buffet was included each morning and we really were just overwhelmed with the friendly, helpful, attentive service we were provided. I don't know how we got lucky enough to have our wedding here but we will remember it for a lifetime and know that the Lighthouse Inn is the absolute best place for such an occasion. Thank you Bill and everyone at the Inn!!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Julie · Married on 07/02/2012

We looked at several places for our small intimate wedding and The Lighthouse Inn was simply perfect!
    They were so accomodating it was truly amazing.
    Bill was very professional and went above and beyond our expecations.
    The Inn is truly Cape Cod and it was beautiful in every way.
    I highly recommend The Lighthouse Inn if you are looking for the perfect Cape Cod Venue for your event. You couldn't ask for a better value and friendly easy going crew!
    Fabulous day, Thank you.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2010

Bill at the Lighthouse Inn is fabulous. He took care of every detail - large and small. The venue was perfect and the food was simply delicious. All of my friends and family are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was, three weeks later.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Sara · Married on 09/30/2006

We had the most wonderful Cape Cod wedding. Bill Sherman and the staff of the Lighthouse Inn were amazing and made it all so easy. Bill was able to give me referrals to area venders since we did not live on Cape.

Sent on 05/14/2008

Erin · Getting married on 09/28/2019

I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding night. Bill took care of everything and was flexible with all my requests right up to a couple nights beforehand. It was a beautiful location and Bill knew or worked with all my vendors closely so everything meshed together well. Dinner went a little long to get dancing started, but was accommodated right away with anything we wanted.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/23/2017

Lighthouse Inn was truly the most incredible place! My parents got married here 32 years ago and after searching for a few different venues, I figured I would just pop in to take a peek... I instantly fell in love!!! It is so classic, traditional, simple yet elegant. Bill was super helpful and would get back on email questions the day of and was always on top of everything we had questions about. The service of the staff I can not give enough great compliments to - they were ALL so so helpful and amazing - very attentive, genuinely happy and willing to help with any last minute changes, plus they are FAST with all they can do! Our wedding was about 150 people and having the cottages available really made it the most memorable weekend, since we had so many family coming from our of town. The space for the ceremony and the reception right after was perfect, really easy and fluid. The entire setting, the service, it could not have gone any better! Thank you so much for making this the most memorable weekend of our lives! The Lighthouse Inn holds near and dear to our family's hearts <3 (PS - I would give photos to this review but I still have not received any from the photographer yet!)

Sent on 10/28/2017
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 09/17/2016

We LOVED our classic Cape Cod wedding at the Lighthouse Inn. Almost all of our guests stayed in the Inn or shared cottages! Including the wedding parties! We used the Gate House and the Lodge for our wedding parties- classic Cape Cod cottages and we all got to stay in a big house together and have the true Cape Cod experience that I as the bride grew up with-it was so fun to share it with others who have never been! And we were right on the beach! The evening was magical- the staff continually made sure we had everything we needed throughout our stay- the dinner was just beautiful and everything went as planned, the staff met with us beforehand several times to make sure they understood everything we wanted. They also have a great list of vendors they trust for our band, flowers, etc! And the prices of meals and such at the Lighthouse CANNOT be beat! Loren is the Cape is way over priced. Perfect experience, great staff! Thanks guys!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

cortney · Married on 09/05/2015

Bill was extremely helpful in planning our wedding. He took the time to meet with us and discuss our wants and needs in order to make our wedding day perfect. He took a lot of notes, which aligned perfectly with our rehearsal and wedding (decorations, designs, etc.). He offered suggestions, which were incredibly helpful, and checked in with us several times (even during the wedding), to make sure we were happy with how things were going. Our wedding day was exactly how we envisioned it and Bill did a great job making sure that happened. He made sure the day ran as smoothly as possible. The value of the venue (ceremony and reception) was very reasonably price and was exactly was what we were looking for.

Sent on 09/23/2015

I can’t say enough about Bill and the Lighthouse Inn, and how happy we were with our Wedding day. The food, the coordination, and the attention to detail, were all exceptional! Bill did a phenomenal job at handling all the details, coordination of all the vendors and ensuring that every detail was perfect. Our guests raved about the food, the view from the upstairs dining room, and all complimented that the Lighthouse Inn was one of the most beautiful locations for a wedding that they have been too.

I only had two issues that occurred, one being that one of our guests who checked in on Sat. never receive the bottle of wine we left in the front office that included the guests name and room information, and had asked to be placed in their room. The second was that the female manager that was left on sight at the end of our reception was very unfriendly and honestly quite rude to my husband and to some of our guests who were doing everything they could to gather up and remove all the items that Bill had boxed up for us as quickly as possible.

Other than that everything couldn’t have gone more perfect. Thank you Bill for everything!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Bill Sherman and his team at Lighthouse Inn pulled off the perfect wedding for us! Bill was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with throughout the planning process, and the whole staff provided a fantastic day-of experience for us and our guests.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Hanna · Married on 06/27/2015

Working with Bill is easy and totally worth the value!! The only downside was that the venue has more than one wedding a day, but given these are never simultaneous, this was not even an issue. If you want a great place to go on the Cape and have your wedding, LHI is it!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2015