The Jon Bates Band Reviews

The Jon Bates Band 1
The Jon Bates Band 2
The Jon Bates Band 3

Mike · Married on 05/21/2011

Jon was an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout the entire wedding process, and the music at our reception was great. I think throughout the last few weeks leading up to the wedding, the band was the one component we never had to worry about -- Jon was always one step ahead of us asking the right questions and answering whatever we had. Their songlist was extensive and had enough to please two very different musical tastes, and they were great at getting everyone up and dancing. Would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 06/27/2011

san · Married on 05/14/2011

The Jon Bates Band provided jazz during the cocktail hour. The music was perfect. Everyone enjoyed it.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Bill · Married on 04/30/2011

We have been to many weddings, the Jon Bates Band was brilliant! The music had everyone dancing from the first note played until alas, the reception was over. The vocals were outstanding and the professionalism was unsurpassed. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event that needs music. They were not only fabulous musicians but easy to work with, responsive to our needs and certainly added to the perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/06/2011

Devin · Married on 10/29/2010

We had enjoyed the Jon Bates Band at my brother's wedding back in 2008, so they were a no-brainer when we started planning our wedding. From start to finish, Jon and his crew were consummate professionals, providing friendly and timely correspondence in the months and weeks leading up to the big day, and playing their hearts out at the reception. The band will work with you on any special requests you might have (songs, announcements, band arrangement/number of performers) but are also fine taking the reins if you don't want to worry about setlists or anything like that. They keep their setlist updated with current hits but have a strong catalog from the past 60 years or so. Our dance floor was crowded for pretty much the whole night, and for weeks after the wedding, our guests raved about the energy and talent of the band. Cannot recommend them enough.

Lou · Married on 10/10/2010

I cannot recommend the Jon Bates Band strongly enough. I have performed with many wedding bands over the years and have both performed with and witnessed many bands that simply do not deliver what they show customers during auditions and taped presentations. JON BATES DELIVERS!!!!! The band's repertoire is diverse and eclectic; however, they do not suffer from a common affliction among most wedding/corporate acts. In other words, they do not perform many different styles of music, but only perform certain styles well. The entire evening of music and every style of music from Jon Bates is first class. Their stage presentation is highly entertaining and professional. Also, the quality of their sound equipment is exemplary (you should not overlook this aspect when considering your band). As a working musician I had high expectations and certain requirements that would be challenging for most bands. Once again, Jon Bates Delivers! Do yourself a favor and book them. My guests are still talking about their performance and so will yours.

Sent on 04/08/2011

Rob · Married on 08/14/2010

I hired the Jon Bates Band for my daughter’s wedding. They were professional, courteous, attentive, humorous, knowledgeable, sexy, and most importantly, they laid down a funky, blues-based, rocking groove that had the entire dance floor begging for “Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.” I would recommend them highly.

Sent on 03/12/2011

Michael · Married on 08/14/2010

Short version: The Jon Bates Band is awesome and we could not imagine our wedding without them.

Long version: The Jon Bates Band were not only one of the best elements of our wedding, but they were incredibly cool people too. We crashed an event to check them out a couple months before our wedding and just knew they were perfect. (Adding to their coolness: They kinda helped us crash that event. (Btw, it’s prolly important to point out that that event was NOT a wedding. ;-)) They were friendly and generous and relaxed when we met them, and they answered all of my father-in-law’s music questions perfectly. (He’s the music snob, and he was paying, so what he thought was realllly important.)
    They played everything we asked them to play, but we didn’t overdo this, b/c we knew from hearing them -- and from speaking with them -- that their instincts were perfectly aligned with our own. From the very first two songs -- my wife and i started with a slower song and then, by request, had them transition directly into a high-energy uptempo song -- the band owned the room. The moment we switched to the uptempo song the dance floor overflowed and never emptied again. Everyone -- everyone!!! -- danced.
    I get giddy just thinking about it.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Joyce · Married on 08/07/2010

The Jon Bates Band was heaven sent. We wanted a band that would provide classic period pieces and they fit the bill! Jon made the music selection easy and stress-free making great suggestions when we needed help with the selections. The band was awesome! Great sound in a venue that called for non- amplified music. Of course they could provide amplified music also. Our guests commented on the music because they provided a wonderful dance and dining experience.

Carl · Married on 07/10/2010

Jon was extremely easy to deal with leading up to the wedding. They got everyone up and dancing. The quality of the music was much superior to the average wedding band. We couldn't have been happier.

R · Married on 07/10/2010

(An addition to the B+Z Review above, which was too short!)

This group is awesome. The quality of the music is fantastic, they are excellent performers, and they know how to work a wedding. We changed our mind for our first song pretty late in the game and they had no complaints. We had no clue what songs to use for the ceremony and they had excellent suggestions. This band made everything easy for us and got the entire guest list dancing!!

They have so much variety, from Motown to classics to rock to jazz to current pop etc.!You know the wedding band is great when everyone mentions after the wedding "man, that band was awesome!"

They are not inexpensive, but their price without doubt reflects their quality and experience. You won't go wrong with this band for your wedding (or other event!)

Greg · Married on 06/26/2010

If you are a music fan and are looking for a real rock n roll band to play your wedding, there is no other way to go than Jon Bates. 10 stars on each of the above if possible.

Sent on 04/02/2011

Mary · Married on 11/01/2009

Music is the most important aspect of any great party, and The Jon Bates Band made our wedding the most awesome and memorable evening imagineable. Total pros from beginning to end!!!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Jennifer & Rich · Married on 10/31/2009

Jon Bates was able to meet my every request - from singing "custom lyrics" to a standard song, so playing a specific religious song that my dad wanted, to "cueing" us when to begin our finale to our first dance. He asked what music we listen to and what we personally like, and then actually played it during the night! People were dancing all night long and many remarked how great the band was. We were happy when we saw them play months prior to the wedding, but we were thrilled when they played on our wedding night!

Sent on 12/04/2009

Morey Barnes · Married on 10/03/2009

The Jon Bates Band truly made our wedding reception. We had guests ranging from toddlers to their grandparents out on the dance floor, tearing it up to a great and energetic mix. The band was incredibly accomodating of our requests, and flexible in terms of scheduling, both of which were greatly appreciated during our hectic wedding planning. We've received many compliments on the music from our wedding guests, who loved the mix of music and spot-on imitiations. I would definitely recommend working with the Jon Bates Band!

Sent on 12/03/2009

Kylee · Married on 09/26/2009

I cannot recommend Jon and his band highly enough! Throughout our wedding we had a saxaphone soloist, a three piece jazz band, then finally the full band, and they were brilliant. They knew exactly what we wanted with minimal guidance from us. The musicians were very talented, the singers had great voices, and they were really nice people too! Everyone at our wedding had a fantastic time, and kept asking us where we found such a great band. Rest assured, with Jon and his band you'll be able to relax, let them do their job, and enjoy yourselves - and that's the whole point isn't it!!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Michelle · Married on 09/05/2009

We actually heard them play at our friends wedding & when we started looking I remembered how much i danced that night. The Jon Bates Band was one of the BEST parts of our wedding. They were amazing!!! They were extrememly professional and knew how to read the crowd. Every song they played was great. I got soooo many compliments on the band. At one point during the night my husband and i were on the dance floor and looked around. No one was sitting down. Everyone was on the dance floor. At one moment i thought i was at a concert, because everyone was facing the band and cheering. Music makes all the difference at an affair. I actually got to sing two songs. One to my grandparents and one to my husband. As a singer, i was unable to practice with the band, but Jon and i spoke a bunch of times and he really put my mind at ease. The songs turned out great! I cannot express enough how wonderful they were. It was money well spent!!!

Michael · Married on 07/31/2009

Jon and his band did a great job!!! They were very flexible with songs and the price. Our guest could not stop talking about how much dancing they did!!! Everyone was very pleased. Thanks again.

Sent on 10/07/2009

Hascy · Married on 07/25/2009

The Jon Bates Band did a wonderful job at our wedding. They were very responsive to not only our musical requests, but also to the general feel of the crowd. They had all of our guests up and dancing all night! Jon was extremely helpful and accomodating, even when we took a while to make up our minds about our first dance song, etc. The band was professional, courteous, and they were a huge part of what made our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 10/14/2009

India · Married on 06/13/2009

It can be very hard planning a wedding, especially when there are a lot of vendors involved. For a bride, there is nothing better than working with great vendors who make the process stress free, pleasant and pain-less. The Jon Bates Band was fantastic and such a memorable part of our wedding. Jon worked with me in every way with my song selections and he was always right there when I had a question. What bride could ask for more than that!? They were wonderful.

Julia · Married on 09/07/2008

They were a pleasure to deal with and brought great energy and music to our wedding. I loved the Jon Bates Band! And my guests did too, we got a ton of compliments!!

Sent on 11/24/2008

Christine · Married on 08/09/2008

They were amazing. Everyone was dancing the entire night. All of the music we requested was played, and they learned a new song for our father daughter dance. They were great.

Sent on 10/09/2008

John · Married on 06/28/2008

I can't recommend the Jon Bates band highly enough. They played at my sister's wedding and my wife and I got engaged, we agreed that we had to book them when for our wedding. They play a whole range of music with an energy that got everyone out on the dance floor. Jon is the consummate professional and was a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole process.

Sent on 02/04/2009

Ari · Married on 02/02/2002

Really great and professional sound. Perfect for our wedding.

Sent on 04/13/2009

Lewis · Married on 09/17/2016

We loved working with the Jon Bates Band for my daughters wedding. They helped us with the play list, had a few musicians help us with the wedding ceremony, and then played beautifully getting everyone dancing right up through curfew. The band even backed me up when I sang a version of "Cecelia" to my daughter. We had a great experience with the band.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Gina · Married on 09/06/2009

The Jon Bates Band played at my wedding and were fantastic. I received so many compliments throughout the night. They play a wide variety of music and were very accomodating to our requests. I would highly recommend them!