Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

479 Reviews for The D Jay Company

Projector (2)
Bilingual MC (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Flat Screen (1)

The Dj that attended our ceremony had the best playlist. We gave him some examples of songs/genres we wanted and he brought it to the plate!

Profile Picture User7851845, Recently Married, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

My family has been using the D Jay Company since 2004 for my fifteenth birthday party. We loved them so much (Jay in particular) that my brother hired him again for his wedding a couple of years ago. It is now my turn to get married in December and I feel so lucky that not only did Jay remember my family, he remembered being at my fifteenth birthday party and reminisced with me about that day. His associates are prompt and professional, even with the stress and nearly forgetting to submit the contract to ensure that he would be there on my special day. I'm so ecstatic to be working with him again and to create even more memories with him and his company.

Profile Picture Amanda Rose, 12/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, One Event Per Day, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System

I can not begin to tell you what a great experience it was to have The D Jay Company at my daughters wedding. Jay Fitzgerald was not only professional but a tremendous pleasure to work with, it was wonderful to have a company that could handle a variety of our needs, the lighting, photobooth and DJ entertainment. His prewedding website was incredibly user friendly and gave us the flexibility to really think about what our daughter and her fiance wanted for entertainment and on the day of the event it was as smooth as it could possibly be. The D Jay Company did a spectacular job and We can't thank them enough..

Profile Picture Valerie, 12/2/17, 1 Review
0.9

I am a DJ in Pittsburgh PA and about 2 months ago I was contacted by the owner of this company to DJ a grand opening of a new store at our local mall. I completed the job over a month and half ago and have yet to get paid for it. Ive called and emailed the owner over 20 times and he
very rarely answered my calls or responded to my emails. When he did answer the phone, he continues to tell me I will get paid the next week. I have never gotten paid for this job. This company is not trustworthy and I would never trust them to DJ your wedding or any event for you! The owner Jay does not come off this way, but he is shady! Do not trust him he is a snake!

Profile Picture Michael, 11/10/17, 1 Review
0.5

You can only understand how bad this company is until they ruined your wedding. Jay is our DJ, before we signed the contract, he said he is professional and all the bad reviews on yelp are because the couple didn't give the music early enough. So I believe him and signed the contract, but everything goes wrong.

First, I had some questions about the website which we need to enter lots of details 10 days before the wedding. When I called Jay, he didn't really want to answered my questions and was mad at me. I don't understand why he was in bad mood, seems to be he didn't want to know all the details of our wedding.

Second, I gave all the music 10 days before the wedding, they said YouTube links are OK so I didn't download the music for them. We only have two songs that have to be edited, but I asked Jay to see if we can give those two so gs in USB drive on wedding day, and he said that's fine. But almost one of three of the music in the list are not played or not played correctly. I prepared a playlist for cocktail, he didn't play; The entrance song for bridesmaids and grooms were wrong, he played the grand entrance song instead. And he kept playing that song when we did the grand entrance...That was the weirdest moment because the sound track of fantasmic goes to the part of Mickey Mouse and Brooms!!

Not only that, my friends said he played commercial during the dinner time, Jay said the reason is we gave him YouTube links so he has to wait for the ad ends. How come you didn't download the songs before the wedding? He said he is professional but definitely not on our big day. I prepared 15 songs for dancing time but he only played 2...I can ask any one of my friends to be the DJ and they can do better!

Last, he was really impolite to our wedding coordinator. He asked her why the vendors only have box of meal but not the meals ordered from the restaurant. Are you here as guest? That's totally unbelievable.

Please, DON'T Choose them to be your DJ!

Profile Picture George, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay was everything I had hoped for and so much more.
The DJay company provided my wedding with up lighting, photobooth & Jay himself DJ'ed.
He was the perfect MC, I was so nervous about how events were going to unfold but he handled it with smooth execution. He kept the party hyped the whole time with no down or dull moments. People were on the dance floor all night. All my guest raved about how great the DJ was. The best part of it all was how reasonably inexpensive it was for the 5 star service we were provided with. The only thing I wish for was the opportunity to dance more with my guest. Thanks for being awesome Jay!

Profile Picture Desi, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Jay was a pleasure to work with. At every step of the way leading up to our wedding he was extremely helpful! Everyone was dancing the entire night away! Jay was very understanding and helpful with helping us please the different age groups that attended our wedding while making it an amazing evening! Jay is one of the most professional DJ's I have ever come across!

Profile Picture Gerardo, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I are super relaxed people, so we were looking for a DJ that would be able to make the whole process as simple and stress free as possible. We found that in the D Jay Company! We met with Jay about a month before our wedding and he worked out all the details with us. Best of all, he had an online checklist of specific moments that would happen during the wedding (mother and father walking down the aisle, cake cutting, garter toss...etc) and easily allowed us to assign specific music to those events from an online music database. It was so simple, my fiance (now husband) and I literally did it one day. The day of the event, everything went off without a hitch and we all had an absolutely incredible time. Huge thanks to the D Jay Company for making our wedding the best dance party of all time!

Profile Picture Danielle/Peter, 9/30/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Danielle & Peter, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay and his team were super nice and easy to work with. My guests and myself were dancing all night long! He also kept good pace with our schedule and was good with when to rowdy up the crowd and when to get moments of silence. I recommend giving them a list of things you like for dance songs that work for you AND your guests (if it doesn't end up working - Jay will tailor something else to get the crowd going). We had a great time thanks to the D Jay Company!

Profile Picture James, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Just wanted to let everyone know if you are in need of a DJ. I highly recommend The D Jay Company. We used Geo for our wedding and he is awesome. Very professional, great rates and an all around upstanding guy. Check out The D Jay Company.

Profile Picture Giovanni, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay was the DJ at our wedding last Friday. He really set the tone for the kind of reception we were hoping for. He provided a great time and a great mix of music for all age groups at our wedding. He was so accommodating and did a great job responding to the guest. Thanks to Jay people were dancing BETWEEN courses of our dinner! Nice work - everyone had a blast and commented that the music kept things energetic and people dancing all night long! Don't hesitate to book Jay and his company for your event - I recommend The D Jay Company!

Profile Picture Kimberly Ross, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely perfect! He really understood our taste and was an amazing addition to our wedding evening.

Profile Picture Roland, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The D Jay Company did an unbelievable job at our wedding. Jay was a pleasure to work with and has a wealth of knowledge to share. Even though we had a wedding planner, he helped plan and outline the flow of our big day. He catered not only to our needs and our guests requests, but he brought a sense of calm when we were hit by a storm at our mostly outdoor wedding at the beach. Of all the vendors, he was by far the most valuable!

Profile Picture Blanca, 9/1/17, 1 Review
0.9

We were happy with our DJ Daniel from the D-Jay Company, but we were sold the Package deal plus an extra $100.00
I had to pay for better props with a Photo Booth, the Photo booth person never showed up and we were not given an explanation and our phone calls were not returned until I put a review up on yelpers, then I got a call 15 min. later from Jay - which was July 24, 2017 and I was married July 22, 2017. Well Jay promised to make it right by giving us back the value of the Photo Booth. He never sent the check as he promised and I took him to small claims court on October 24 and won of course. So sad that he didn’t make this right in the first place, now he will have to pay a lot more and also had to waste a day in court. My advice is do not get anything other then a DJ here. Also before hiring research in the State Business search online just to make sure the business is kosher!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Everything was amazing! It was easy to follow through and the DJ was super helpful throughout the entire wedding, great personality and choice of music. Would hire them all over again if I had another event soon.

Profile Picture Ana, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I loved working with the D'jay company. I was given the option go work with them through my venue, Wedgewood. It was so easy working with everyone and our DJ was awesome. Everything we wanted and more. Thank you!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Jay and The D Jay Company and staff was such a pleasure. They are very professional, friendly, and provide the best customer service. In the beginning stages of wedding planning, I was already in touch with Mary & Staff but wanted to look at other vendors. They never once pressured me to choose the company. Office Staff told me they wanted me to have the wedding I wanted. That spoke volumes to me as to the personality of the company and it showed confidence with weddings. I dont think I even looked at any vendors after that--I was 100% sure The D Jay Company was the company I wanted to have at my wedding. They did not disappoint! Danny had the crowd going all night and did a fantastic job that night!

Danny, you are a true gem in the wedding industry.

Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Shawn, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jay thank you so much! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without you!!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely great! George was a pleasure to work with. Their online planner was a breeze and was a nice touch that allowed us to ensure the music fit "us" and created the atmosphere we wanted during the cocktail hour and dinner. We had a very non-traditional family wedding and George was the best. He went out of the way to make sure all the songs that were played were fun but kid friendly. He was easy to work with and professional. This company offers a lot for your money and truly cares about giving you a great wedding experience. If they don't have the song they get you the song, even if it is an obscure jazz version of a rap song (trust me).

Profile Picture alison, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I found the DJay Company through wedding wire as I began the planning process and decided to give them a call. Getting the date set and my style across to them was super easy. The website they use to record all of your choices and styles really made the process easy and made for little questions the week of the wedding. If you are someone like me that leaves the reception dance music up to them, it makes the process even easier. I didn't pick a bouq toss, garter toss, or cake cutting song and he really did awesome at picking perfect songs for each. I was also not local so all correspondence was done via email and phone and the day went off with a hit. DJ George did a phenomenal job! I didnt have a planner but he seriously kept the entire day together and on time. He was literally the time keeper of the entire day without having to touch base with me every 5 minutes. He took care of the music for the ceremony and the reception and for those that are asking themselves if they should have a DJ for the ceremony too, I would say Yes! Especially with no planner. He was the guy coming to me saying, "Hey its 5:30 its go time!" Every song was spot on (which I was nervous about during the ceremony) and the reception went flawlessly from one event to the next.

Profile Picture kailin, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

After doing my research on DJs, I came across the D'Jay Company from the Bridal Expo and Wedding Wire. My goal for the wedding was to find a fun DJ who'd set the mood for the night. I was also looking under a tight budget. I called the D'Jay Company and spoke to Katelin who was beyond helpful and sweet!! My fiance (then) and I received a great deal- too good to pass.
I scheduled a meeting with Jay and discussed what we were looking for. From the initial meeting, I could tell Jay has been in the business for a while and knew what he was doing. He was very confident so I figured he's the one! Fast forward to our wedding...
(*I added low fog clouds to our first dance at our last (detail) meeting.) Everything was beautiful especially the uplighting which created a beautiful ambiance. Our reception started and we walked in as husband and wife. We started our first dance, and I was secretly searching for the low fog. The song kept playing and I become more impatient because I was told the low fog would be THROUGHOUT the first dance. Sadly, we didn't get any fog/ cloud until towards the end of the song. I'm not sure what happened, but I was quite disappointed. Disappointed at the fact that Jay did not start the low fog immediately after the song played. I felt like there weren't enough low fog for what we paid or what was purposed. It didn't even cover half of the dance floor.
Additionally, our package included the gobo to which we don't recall seeing. There were a few more hiccups throughout the night (i.e. almost skipping several speeches and forgetting our cake smash game) but being a bride, I knew that 1.) mistakes may happen, 2.) wedding won't go PERFECTLY as planned, and 3.) I just needed to enjoy the moment. I must admit that even with the hiccups and disappointment of the low fog, my husband and I had a great time. My goal was to have fun regardless of what happened, and that's what I did, mistakes or not.

Profile Picture cindy, 5/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The D Jay Company was great! They not only emailed but called to make sure our wedding went off without a hiccup. Very user friendly form to fill out about song choices and during the event I even asked for a few songs to be played and there was no hesitation. I feel they did a fantastic job with making announcements and keeping the energy going. I am so thankful Wedgewood works with such great vendors.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 5/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you want your wedding guests on the dance floor, book The DJ Company today! Besides having a great system of planning online and letting you select specific songs you want played, DJ Jay kept our party going until the last possible moment! We had a mixed crowd and opted for an 80's 90's club, dance mix and he absolutely delivered! You know you've got a great DJ when your mom is spinning around the dance floor!! Office staff was great from planning to execution, Jay completely read the room and knew exactly what to play and when. Everyone who attended our wedding, said they were absolutely the best DJ's they had ever heard. Thank you DJ Jay and the entire staff Mary & Sahara for making our day even more memorable!!

Profile Picture Guadalupe, 5/20/17, 1 Review
2.9

Their website/client portal can use a lot of improvement. It isn't as thorough as I would have liked and disappears after the cut off date. I understand that they don't want too many last min changes, but would have liked if I could still view my info that I'd put in there. The staff is friendly and nice though. You won't be upset with them, but I'm definitely not raving either. If the music/DJ portion is one of the top 3 factors to you for your wedding, I would suggest researching a few other options. Anything less than that, they're an okay bet. They get the job done.

Profile Picture Mariam, 5/18/17, 1 Review