The Ivory Suite Bridal Boutique Reviews

36 | South Pasadena, CA

36 Reviews for The Ivory Suite Bridal Boutique

Katie Takade · Married on 12/30/2018

Custom dress

I said yes to the dress! It was perfect and I added 3/4 sleeves to the dress and it came out beautifully. They have great customer service and I would highly recommend!

Nikki · Married on 07/08/2017

I got my dress, veil and sash here. Small shop but it has a lot to offer..... lots of styles and price ranges. Owners Nicole and Gina are so kind and helpful.... also not pushy at all. I got my dress altered here as well and i couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. I have recommneeed this shop to a few others who have also ended up getting their dresses here. Definitely a place to check out.

Ivory Boutique was AMAZING when picking my dress for my wedding. It's a small shop where the owners make you feel like family. They had a wide variety of dresses and make you feel like a million bucks. The alterations also turned out amazing.

Chiara · Married on 10/10/2015

Ivory Suite made the wedding dress shopping experience a smooth and enjoyable one! While their salon isn't as big as others I've been to, their staff's warmth and accommodating nature made a huge difference in making me feel taken care of. Gina was the one who assisted me from the time I was only window shopping until the time I picked up my dress. When I first visited the store, I didn't feel any pressure with purchasing my dress from them. Gina asked what look I was going for and my price range and she made suggestions on which dresses fit that bill. She was very patient as I tried several dresses on. And then she also made notes on which ones were my top 3. She took photos of the dresses and sent them to me via e-mail right after my appointment. After visiting other bridal boutiques, I finally decided to say yes to the dress in Ivory. Gina made the ordering process easy and even gave us a little discount on the bustier and petticoat. My dress arrived in a shorter amount of time than we expected, which was nice. I also have to say that they're super flexible with appointments, and I'm especially appreciative of that because I live in the west side and traffic isn't always my friend.

They had two options for alterations: one is their in-house seamstress and the other is a recommended (less expensive) seamstress in La Crescenta. I yet to get my dress altered, but it's great to know I have a budget-friendly option. All in all, I truly loved my experience in Ivory and would recommend it to my friends!

Mayumi · Married on 10/17/2014

I never would have thought this amazing store would be so close to me! I had already gone to at least 6 -8 bridal stores before I went to this one. I had already found a picture of what I would have liked my dress to be on pinterest. I had shown the photo to all the other stores I had gone to. The other stores had very similar dresses to it but not the exact one. The first time I went to the Ivory Suite, I had actually forgotten the picture and couldn't find it on my board. I still looked around and tried to describe the dress to them. Amazingly they had shown me dresses to what I was looking for. I fell in love with one of the dresses. I had this feeling that THIS was the one. Then next time I came in to show my parents, I had the photo of the dress and was told it was the EXACT dress. It definitely was meant to be! After that I had a amazing experience at the store. They are so good with responding back with emails, and making sure my fittings or anything I needed fitted with my schedule! It was such a amazing experience!

Evelyn · Married on 09/21/2013

My experience shopping for and buying my wedding dress at the Ivory Suite was wonderful. Having been to several other bridal boutiques, the Ivory Suite offered the most low-pressure, customer-focused experience, and the ladies who own and run the shop are extremely pleasant to be around. The Ivory Suite was my first stop early on in the dress hunt, and I ended up coming back there because I just couldn't stop thinking about The One. I was also just really glad to purchase from a smaller boutique with such a great atmosphere. My alterations were done by their recommended contractor, and I thought she did a good job. I inadvertently lost some weight just before the wedding, and she installed a waist strap inside the dress that carried the weight and ensured I didn't have to keep hiking it up all night.

Amanda · Married on 05/02/2013

I loved this bridal boutique. It is small and private. They have beautiful gowns and the staff are great.

• User3199720 · 2+ years ago

I might be biased, but I LOVE my dress. I had no problems with finding my dress, the fittings, or my seamstress. Everyone was very nice and they know what they're doing. The shop is cute and feels comfortable when you walk in.

Had such a positive experience overall with The Ivory Suite.

Love the smaller, more intimate feel of the shop -- and the women who own it and work there are all so pleasant and clearly love their jobs.

Great place to get a dress!

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2012

I don't have any negative things to say about The Ivory Suite. I had the BEST experience here.

To start with, the people are great. The owners, Gina and Nicole are so kind, knowledgeable and helpful. They picked out a dress that I didn't think I would like, but the minute I put it on, I knew it was the one. They definitely know what works! The alterations lady is also amazing. She was very talented and my dress turned out great.

And then there's the selection of dresses. I love that they carry different designers and dresses that you won't find in all other bridal shops. The quality of their dresses is top notch.

Finally, the actual shop itself. It is such a cute space, in a great area. It is quaint and feels very personal/private when you're there.

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2012

he Ivory Suite is a beautiful store with a variety of dresses that you don't see in the normal wedding dress stores. They choose unique styles from LeaAnn Belter and Martina Liana to name a few. I chose a beautiful Martina Liana dress and some accessories (veil and flower pin for my sash) from Justine M Couture. I loved how attentive and helpful Nicole and Gina are. I don't think either of them have a mean bone in their bodies! You never feel rushed and even after going in there three times to try dresses, I never felt any pressure or felt like they were getting annoyed with my indecisiveness. They made great fashion suggestions and handled everything so professionally. They will suggest a great seamstress and organize all your fittings for you with their seamstress. If you are looking for a unique, beautifully made gown, with a sweet and caring attention to detail, Ivory Suite is a must go to wedding dress shop!

Janice · Married on 04/21/2012

Ivory Suite was my last stop in my search for the wedding dress of my dreams. After 2 months of running around town and visits to 7 other boutiques, I was beginning to lose hope until I stopped in at Ivory Suites.

When I first walked to the boutique, I was a little surprised at how small it was. Though I liked how quaint the store looked (they actually upgraded the decor a few months ago), I didn't think I would find my dress here. There just wasn't the racks and racks of endless wedding dresses that I've seen from the other boutiques.

After spending an hour at Ivory, I completely changed my mind. Every dress at the boutique was carefully selected by owners Nicole and Gina, and reflected their unique and sophiscated style.

Nicole was such a sweetheart. She greeted me with warm smiles and was so patient with me while I tried to describe what I was looking for (even though I didn't have a clear vision of it). After several tries, I finally found one dress that I had the ah-ha moment with! Mind you, this is after 7 wedding dress boutiques. Even my mom and my sisters, who don't usually trust my taste, agree this was THE ONE. And the best part - the price was so reasonable!

I also got my alteration through the lady they contract with. Her name is Connie. Though you pay Connie separately, appointments and fittings were all done at Ivory suite. Connie was very skilled and also a sweetheart.

Can't say enough good things about Nicole and the Ivory Suite!

Lori · Married on 09/10/2011

The gals at Ivory Suite were super friendly and helpful! I bought my dress during a sample sale, and they were patient, helpful and encouraging as I tried on many dresses. With a small party in tow, they were kind to everyone and I got my dress at a total steal. They answered any questions that came up after purchasing the dress, and were overall, very warm.

K · Married on 08/27/2011

I love The Ivory Suite! It was the second place I visited during the search for my bridal gown and fell in love with one of the dresses, but I wasn't ready to make my decision and was just about to make a move across country. Nicole was so helpful, not pushy at all, and agreed to take my measurements in case I decided to order after I moved. I am so glad I ended up ordering from them!My dress was so unique and beautifully made. They also agreed to make a few custom changes to the dress, which made it just perfect. The owners of The Ivory Suite are professional, responsive and genuinely good people. Highly recommend!

Kelly · Married on 10/09/2010

I didn't find this Bridal Boutique till after I bought my dress, but I did buy my shoes for my wedding day here. They were very helpful and the boutique was so cute. I had wanted shoes that were purple and couldn't find the right shade. So I called the Ivory Suite and she told me she had shoes that were dyeable. I picked out a pair of shoes and she sent them out with a piece of fabric that was the exact purple shade I needed. The shoes came back and they were perfect. The service here is great.

• Monika

Monika · Married on 06/19/2010

I visited The Ivory Suite after trying on many dresses at 5 other shops. As soon as I stepped into the dresses here I knew I had found my shop. They carry a limited number of designers, but each has a large selection of dresses and styles. Every dress I put on felt soooo nice against my skin (not dry and scratchy like so many other dresses I wore that day). They were extremely patient with me, and let me try on as many dresses as I wanted. I went to the shop 3 times before I made my final decision. The seamstress they use was wonderful and they were very understanding of my last minute schedule changes. I had the best experience at The Ivory Suite and recommend it to any brides-to-be who want a one of a kind experience.

Sonia · Married on 04/10/2010

The Ivory Suite is a small boutique tucked away in South Pasadena, but don't let it's small size fool you! Every gown in the store is amazing, you will definitely find a gown there that you love. They are all unique and you can tell the quality of them are a step above the rest. I only wished I could have worn several dresses because I liked so many of them! What makes this place even better is the personal, caring, and professional service that you get. Gina is one of the owners and she's the one who helped me. She was patient with me, always pleasant in answering all my questions and requests to "re-try" the dresses (I had a hard time choosing!). When I was stuck, she gave her honest and kindest opinions on what looked best on me. It was easy to schedule appointments, she called me promptly when my dress came in, and it was also easy to work with the seamstress that they used in the store. I've already recommended this place to two of my friends, both of whom have purchased their wedding gowns at Ivory Suite. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to any bride in search of their gown. It is a special place!

Ronna · Married on 03/06/2010

I had visited a few wedding dress shops and vendors before I dropped by the Ivory Suite. As soon as I stepped into the boutique, I knew I had walked into a special place. Nicole greeted me and made me, my mom, and one of my bridesmaids feel right at home. All the dresses were beautifully displayed and it was easy to choose which ones I wanted to try. Just as another customer said, it was hard to hone in on one dress to finally get because I liked so many of them. Both Nicole and Gina were very professional, flexible, and accommodating when I decided to take some time to decide which dress was right for me. They were always sweet, encouraging, and supportive. When I finally decided, they made sure that I had enough time to get my dress and get any alterations done before the wedding. Since I live in the Bay Area, but was having the wedding in LA, Gina and Nicole made sure that I was updated about the status of my dress and they were super flexible when I was trying to figure out when to pick up my dress and figure out different alternation alternatives. I highly recommend The Ivory Suite for their friendly, warm, and professional services.

Tracie · Married on 09/19/2009

The Ivory Suite was absolutely wonderful to me! I just loved my wedding dress and received so many lovely comments from family and friends. People were amazed how little i paid for the dress with such great quality! Gina and Nicole (the owners) are so easy to work with and are always so nice to work with. They were never a pushy sales person like other bridal salons can be. After I got married, I was watching "Say yes to the Dress" and I saw my beautiful wedding dress in a episode too! How exciting, that the bride on that tv show was in love the dress too! And how cool is that the Ivory Suite carries a few designer dresses that the very famous NYC bridal salon carries too!

jennifer · Married on 09/06/2009

I have to say that I literally stumbled upon THE IVORY SUITE BOUTIQUE in Pasadena and THANK GOD I did!!! I had the most incredible experience finding my DREAM WEDDING DRESS there!! I could go on and on and on and on(you get the picture!) with the MANY things that make this boutique so outstanding, but in order to better help any soon-to-be-brides quickly, I'm going to try and summarize!

When you first walk in the IVORY SUITE, you may at first get nervous b/c it truly is a "boutique"--they have maybe 3 racks of dresses, BUT thats the advantage! Each and every dress I saw there was something I would gladly wear--just classic, stunning gowns! No need to sift through 30 racks of dresses you wouldnt be caught dead in!! I found my DREAM WEDDING DRESS within 15 minutes of walking in the first time!!! BTW: its true what they say, "you DO know when its the right dress". Ya just do!

Not only is the selection of gowns the best in all of Los Angeles, but almost more important, the service is unbelievably great! Gina and her alterations specialist Robert made the whole experience that much better--they KNOW wedding dresses and how to properly fit you! They are truly PROFESSIONALS with bridal gowns! I literally can't take credit for how beautiful I looked on my wedding day b/c it was all Gina and Robert and thats not an exaggeration! When they say "trust me", go with it! You WILL NOT be disappointed when you put the dress on the day of your wedding!

So, sure, I found an amazing dress there and dealt with true professionals......BUT what I really LOVE about THE IVORY SUITE is what great people both Gina and Robert are! They made each visit more exciting and fun! No matter what else was going on around me, when I had an appointment with the 2 of them, I genuinely looked forward to it! I haven't seen either since my last fitting back in September and I think I kinda miss them!!!

As I said, I could rave for HOURS about why soon-to-be-brides need to rush over to THE IVORY SUITE! But bottom line?! The sooner ya get over there, the sooner you will find your dream wedding dress!!

Good Luck and Have Fun!
    JENNIFER KESSLER

erin · Married on 07/26/2009

Gina and Nicole made wedding dress shopping a wonderful experience. I was always greeted with a hug and they went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect! I ended up using Gina's husband, Sean, as my photographer and she came as the assistant--it was awesome to have her there on the wedding day! The Ivory Suite made the experience very personal, unlike other places where you feel like just another bride. I cannot recommend them enough! Thanks Gina and Nicole!!!

Lesley · Married on 03/15/2009

This adorable wedding boutique has a gorgeous selection of gowns that are hard to find elsewhere in Southen California! I loved practically every dress in the shop and after trying many of them on I finally decided on a fabulous dress from the Lea Ann Belter Collection. It was unique, comfortable and so much fun to wear on the big day! Gina and Nicole were very professional and it was a blast working with them! Ordering was so simple, they kept me updated, and the dress arrived early and in perfect condition. The stunning lace veil was also a huge hit at the wedding.

I will always take my girfriends to see Gina And Nicole when they need the perfect dress for their big day. Everything in their store was very tasteful and classy.

amy · Married on 09/07/2008

I walked into the Ivory Suite just wanting to look at a dress that I had seen in a magazine. I wanted to see what it looked like in real life. Gina and Nicole were so sweet. They let me try on that dress (it wasn't the one), but 2 dresses later, I did find "the dress". It was the first store and the third dress that I tried. I'm a larger sized bride, and I had heard horror stories about the treatment that larger brides received both at the big chains and at the expensive boutiques. I received nothing but the most warm and sincere of treatment there. They are so professional and easy to be around. I am actually sad that the wedding is over, because I don't have any reason to go back there. If you want REAL royal treatment, go to the Ivory Suite.

Katherine · Married on 08/04/2012

I am so glad I ended up going with a beautiful Amy Kuschel Lauryn gown from The Ivory Suite. It ended up fitting beautifully (I used the seamstress they work with) and it came in sooner than I expected. Gina and Nicole (the owners) are both so sweet! I had a great experience every time I went to the shop.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/02/2011

Nicole and Gina at the Ivory Suite were very attentive and helpful. They really worked with me to find the right dress!