35 Reviews for The Ivory Suite Bridal Boutique

Hair Accessories (1)
Jewelry (1)
Shoes (1)
Undergarments (1)

I got my dress, veil and sash here. Small shop but it has a lot to offer..... lots of styles and price ranges. Owners Nicole and Gina are so kind and helpful.... also not pushy at all. I got my dress altered here as well and i couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. I have recommneeed this shop to a few others who have also ended up getting their dresses here. Definitely a place to check out.

Profile Picture Nikki, 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride
4.7

The Ivory Suite is a small boutique, but has a great selection of dresses with prices that are reasonable and affordable. Nicole and Gina are both very sweet and will be so patient and helpful in the process of finding your dream dress. Unlike large bridal stores, they allow you to look at the samples on the rack and to try on as many dresses you can during your appointment time. It was a great experience to buy my dress here because there was no pressure, they worked with my budget, and gave honest opinions about every dress I tried on, which a girl appreciates. Connie who does alterations is very good too. She spent a lot of time making sure all the concerns I had with my dress were addressed and fixed before I finally took it home. This is a top notch bridal boutique, so happy I bought my dress here!

Profile Picture Kitty, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Ivory Boutique was AMAZING when picking my dress for my wedding. It's a small shop where the owners make you feel like family. They had a wide variety of dresses and make you feel like a million bucks. The alterations also turned out amazing.

Profile Picture Marsha, 3/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Veils, Undergarments, Shoes, Jewelry, Hair Accessories, Garters, Bride

Ivory Suite made the wedding dress shopping experience a smooth and enjoyable one! While their salon isn't as big as others I've been to, their staff's warmth and accommodating nature made a huge difference in making me feel taken care of. Gina was the one who assisted me from the time I was only window shopping until the time I picked up my dress. When I first visited the store, I didn't feel any pressure with purchasing my dress from them. Gina asked what look I was going for and my price range and she made suggestions on which dresses fit that bill. She was very patient as I tried several dresses on. And then she also made notes on which ones were my top 3. She took photos of the dresses and sent them to me via e-mail right after my appointment. After visiting other bridal boutiques, I finally decided to say yes to the dress in Ivory. Gina made the ordering process easy and even gave us a little discount on the bustier and petticoat. My dress arrived in a shorter amount of time than we expected, which was nice. I also have to say that they're super flexible with appointments, and I'm especially appreciative of that because I live in the west side and traffic isn't always my friend.

They had two options for alterations: one is their in-house seamstress and the other is a recommended (less expensive) seamstress in La Crescenta. I yet to get my dress altered, but it's great to know I have a budget-friendly option. All in all, I truly loved my experience in Ivory and would recommend it to my friends!

Profile Picture User4779846, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I never would have thought this amazing store would be so close to me! I had already gone to at least 6 -8 bridal stores before I went to this one. I had already found a picture of what I would have liked my dress to be on pinterest. I had shown the photo to all the other stores I had gone to. The other stores had very similar dresses to it but not the exact one. The first time I went to the Ivory Suite, I had actually forgotten the picture and couldn't find it on my board. I still looked around and tried to describe the dress to them. Amazingly they had shown me dresses to what I was looking for. I fell in love with one of the dresses. I had this feeling that THIS was the one. Then next time I came in to show my parents, I had the photo of the dress and was told it was the EXACT dress. It definitely was meant to be! After that I had a amazing experience at the store. They are so good with responding back with emails, and making sure my fittings or anything I needed fitted with my schedule! It was such a amazing experience!

Profile Picture Mayumi, 10/17/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Awesome! We found my dress, veil and jewelry here and everything went so well together! It was a great and confident process. Just two details, in the end I wish the bustle was a little shorter and a little high priced but I soon forgot about that because I was so happy and they helped to do that for me.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience shopping for and buying my wedding dress at the Ivory Suite was wonderful. Having been to several other bridal boutiques, the Ivory Suite offered the most low-pressure, customer-focused experience, and the ladies who own and run the shop are extremely pleasant to be around. The Ivory Suite was my first stop early on in the dress hunt, and I ended up coming back there because I just couldn't stop thinking about The One. I was also just really glad to purchase from a smaller boutique with such a great atmosphere. My alterations were done by their recommended contractor, and I thought she did a good job. I inadvertently lost some weight just before the wedding, and she installed a waist strap inside the dress that carried the weight and ensured I didn't have to keep hiking it up all night.

Profile Picture Evelyn, 9/21/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved this bridal boutique. It is small and private. They have beautiful gowns and the staff are great.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I might be biased, but I LOVE my dress. I had no problems with finding my dress, the fittings, or my seamstress. Everyone was very nice and they know what they're doing. The shop is cute and feels comfortable when you walk in.

Profile Picture User3199720, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Had such a positive experience overall with The Ivory Suite.

Love the smaller, more intimate feel of the shop -- and the women who own it and work there are all so pleasant and clearly love their jobs.

Great place to get a dress!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/10/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I don't have any negative things to say about The Ivory Suite. I had the BEST experience here.

To start with, the people are great. The owners, Gina and Nicole are so kind, knowledgeable and helpful. They picked out a dress that I didn't think I would like, but the minute I put it on, I knew it was the one. They definitely know what works! The alterations lady is also amazing. She was very talented and my dress turned out great.

And then there's the selection of dresses. I love that they carry different designers and dresses that you won't find in all other bridal shops. The quality of their dresses is top notch.

Finally, the actual shop itself. It is such a cute space, in a great area. It is quaint and feels very personal/private when you're there.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

I am so glad I ended up going with a beautiful Amy Kuschel Lauryn gown from The Ivory Suite. It ended up fitting beautifully (I used the seamstress they work with) and it came in sooner than I expected. Gina and Nicole (the owners) are both so sweet! I had a great experience every time I went to the shop.

Profile Picture Katherine, 8/4/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Beautiful dress and meticulous care!

Profile Picture C, 7/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

he Ivory Suite is a beautiful store with a variety of dresses that you don't see in the normal wedding dress stores. They choose unique styles from LeaAnn Belter and Martina Liana to name a few. I chose a beautiful Martina Liana dress and some accessories (veil and flower pin for my sash) from Justine M Couture. I loved how attentive and helpful Nicole and Gina are. I don't think either of them have a mean bone in their bodies! You never feel rushed and even after going in there three times to try dresses, I never felt any pressure or felt like they were getting annoyed with my indecisiveness. They made great fashion suggestions and handled everything so professionally. They will suggest a great seamstress and organize all your fittings for you with their seamstress. If you are looking for a unique, beautifully made gown, with a sweet and caring attention to detail, Ivory Suite is a must go to wedding dress shop!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/7/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Ivory Suite was my last stop in my search for the wedding dress of my dreams. After 2 months of running around town and visits to 7 other boutiques, I was beginning to lose hope until I stopped in at Ivory Suites.

When I first walked to the boutique, I was a little surprised at how small it was. Though I liked how quaint the store looked (they actually upgraded the decor a few months ago), I didn't think I would find my dress here. There just wasn't the racks and racks of endless wedding dresses that I've seen from the other boutiques.

After spending an hour at Ivory, I completely changed my mind. Every dress at the boutique was carefully selected by owners Nicole and Gina, and reflected their unique and sophiscated style.

Nicole was such a sweetheart. She greeted me with warm smiles and was so patient with me while I tried to describe what I was looking for (even though I didn't have a clear vision of it). After several tries, I finally found one dress that I had the ah-ha moment with! Mind you, this is after 7 wedding dress boutiques. Even my mom and my sisters, who don't usually trust my taste, agree this was THE ONE. And the best part - the price was so reasonable!

I also got my alteration through the lady they contract with. Her name is Connie. Though you pay Connie separately, appointments and fittings were all done at Ivory suite. Connie was very skilled and also a sweetheart.

Can't say enough good things about Nicole and the Ivory Suite!

Profile Picture Janice, 4/21/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The gals at Ivory Suite were super friendly and helpful! I bought my dress during a sample sale, and they were patient, helpful and encouraging as I tried on many dresses. With a small party in tow, they were kind to everyone and I got my dress at a total steal. They answered any questions that came up after purchasing the dress, and were overall, very warm.

Profile Picture Lori , 9/10/11, 6 Reviews
2.3

I was really unhappy with this bridal dress salon, but I'll list both pros and cons. The girls who run it are very, very sweet. They ordered a couple dresses they didn't have in stock (there's an extra fee for this that they put toward the cost of the dress if you buy there), they negotiated on price when I found the dress elsewhere, and they have a lovely, quality selection of dresses. But they do push to sell more than other salons. I was looking for something a little more unusual (low back, halter), and most other places tried hard to refer me elsewhere if I couldn't find what I wanted or they thought a certain dress didn't fit right. Here, they just assured me that a dress I was interested in would fit my bust once it was in my size. But it never did fit me in the bust, at all. The seamstress didn't seem to know what she was doing. She over-tailored, then let it out, then wouldn't tailor just the top layer of fabric so it would lay flat until she was really, really pushed. The worst thing is that in photos, you can see the padding she inserted into the bst, which she did not sew into the cups of the dress. At first she sewed them in, but then she removed them because they made the bust flare at the sides. Just cut them to fit, woman. It was ridiculous. You could see the beige padding in photos, and you could tell that the bust was too large for me. They assured me it looked beautiful and that you couldn't see the padding when I was in the salon. And when I sent them a photo after the wedding showing that you could clearly see the cup inserts, and perhaps they should reconsider their tailor, they just responded that I looked lovely. It wasn't at all what I had hoped for in a dress that was supposed to be tailored for me. And at $600 for tailoring, it should have been.

Profile Picture nikki, 9/4/11, 6 Reviews
0.5

I would have loved to give these guys high marks but I can't as they ordered my dress too small so I ended up not being able to wear it! Moreover, one of the owners was extremely rude to me, and I ended up losing nearly $1000 due to their error.
I ordered the dress in the fall for my Labor Day wedding, and when I went to try it on over Memorial Day weekend, it was small. They assured me they'd be able to let it out but of course I felt terrible and terrified. I called back to tell them I wanted to move my next appointment earlier as it looked like I might need to get a new dress and there was no reaction at all, and certainly no apology. But right after that I called the manufacturer and at that point confirmed it was the SALON'S fault, not mine. They had ordered the dress a size too small. How do you do that? This is all you do as a bridal salon? After this I called back the salon and FINALLY they were apologetic, and said they'd refund my money if needed.

Because it was so close to the wedding I was reluctant to try to find a new dress, and instead went on a crash diet and lost 15 pounds in 3 months. They kept working on the alterations, and eventually it got to a point where it fit, but it still looked pretty bad, and NOWHERE near what it looked like when I first tried on the dress the right size for me. Ultimately I bought a new dress (at David's Bridal) and they refunded my money (though the one nasty owner tried to get out of that too), though I was still forced to pay hundreds of dollars for alterations, and they would not lift a finger to help me do anything about the $400 accessories (veil and hairpiece) which I had bought through them but could no longer use (my original dress was ivory but the one I ended up wearing was white).
Seriously - it makes me sad that this place was so bad, but the dress drama they caused really sucked much of the joy of wedding planning away for me. They should be ashamed.

Profile Picture User1323416, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

I love The Ivory Suite! It was the second place I visited during the search for my bridal gown and fell in love with one of the dresses, but I wasn't ready to make my decision and was just about to make a move across country. Nicole was so helpful, not pushy at all, and agreed to take my measurements in case I decided to order after I moved. I am so glad I ended up ordering from them!My dress was so unique and beautifully made. They also agreed to make a few custom changes to the dress, which made it just perfect. The owners of The Ivory Suite are professional, responsive and genuinely good people. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture K, 8/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nicole and Gina at the Ivory Suite were very attentive and helpful. They really worked with me to find the right dress!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I just got married in June 2011 and bought my dress here. It's a small little boutique, but it has a variety of different dresses that were not available at other bridal stores. The store owners were so helpful and not pushy at all. I fell in love with a dress, but it wasn't exactly what I had envisioned. I requested a few minor additions to my dress such as a longer train and one shoulder strap and the owners were able to contact the designer and she agreed to make all the additions for a small fee. When the dress arrived months later, it was exactly what I wanted! Gina and Nicole did a great job and I would recommend all brides to check out their store.

Profile Picture Thu, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my Amy Kuschel dress at the Ivory Suite and was very pleased with both the service and selection. I did not want to have to choose from 1000s of dresses seen at most of the larger bridal salons and I appreciated the different styles/designers they stock.

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/2/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Getting my dress at The Ivory Suite was a wonderful experience!

I had originally bought a dress at another boutique, but after months of second guessing myself, I decided to go look for another dress. I chose The Ivory Suite because they had Lea Ann Belter gowns, which aren't easy to find in Southern California.

I had an appointment with Gina, who listened to my story about my other dress, and really got the vision for what I wanted on my wedding day. I ultimately bought a dress I had picked, but she had made some really good pulls for me! She was really helpful in answering all my questions and making sure I was comfortable the entire time. After I purchased my dress there I knew I was in good hands!

The boutique is small, with about 4 designers, but it is gorgeous inside! The best part about it is that because it's a small boutique, you don't get overwhelmed with the amount of dresses to choose from. Plus all the gowns are AMAZING, both on the hanger and on the brides trying them on.

When I came for my first fitting, there was another bride and her mother there trying on gowns, and Nicole, the other owner of the shop, was helping them. They were a really difficult pair, but Nicole continued to be professional and polite, and I couldn't have been more impressed.

I definately recommend The Ivory Suite for future brides who are looking for the perfect gown! You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/17/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry, Unique Services (Other)

I didn't find this Bridal Boutique till after I bought my dress, but I did buy my shoes for my wedding day here. They were very helpful and the boutique was so cute. I had wanted shoes that were purple and couldn't find the right shade. So I called the Ivory Suite and she told me she had shoes that were dyeable. I picked out a pair of shoes and she sent them out with a piece of fabric that was the exact purple shade I needed. The shoes came back and they were perfect. The service here is great.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/9/10, 5 Reviews
4.7

The owners of the store were so nice and fun to work with. I thought I had already found my dess, and just went to this last appointment so I wouldn't have to cancel on them. The store is small, which I liked so I wasn't overwhelmed, and the store is beautiful inside. I told them what I was looing for and they knew exactly what to pull for me. The minute they put the last dress on for me, I knew it was the one for me. I actually started crying. It was perfect.
They were very professional and very nice. They seamstress also was amazing! I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Kamryn , 6/25/10, 1 Review