The Invisible Hostess Reviews

The Invisible Hostess 4
The Invisible Hostess 5
  • Meesh

Meesh · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best Decision You'll Make!

We were married in May, 2019, and were so grateful to work with The Invisible Hostess! We entered the wedding planning process with only a venue and vague idea of what we wanted of our wedding, and Jocelyn helped us to confidently move through the entire process! Jocelyn took such great care in identifying potential vendors to fit our style and personalities, and in interacting with the vendors, it was clear from the beginning that we made a great choice to work with The Invisible Hostess. All of our vendors sung such praise of Jocelyn, and how fantastic it is to work with her!
    Jocelyn, Kaya, and the entire Invisible Hostess team helped us to create a more spectacular wedding than we could have ever imagined. They did so while minimizing the amount of stress we felt through their expertise, incredible organization, and thoughtfulness. Even more amazingly, not only did they display such genuine care about our wedding, but also about us as individuals. It really felt like we were working with a friend! They take, and exude, pride in their work, and more importantly in the relationships they create. In doing so, they helped us to launch into married life with a terrific, and utterly memorable evening.
    We are so grateful to Jocelyn, Kaya and The Invisible Hostess for helping us to create an evening that was uniquely us. We could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    The Invisible Hostess 6
    The Invisible Hostess 7
    The Invisible Hostess 8
    The Invisible Hostess 9
    The Invisible Hostess 10
  • Lily

Lily Henkel · Married on 02/16/2019

Totally trusted with my big day!

I hired Invisible Hostess as my day-of wedding coordinator. They matched me with a planner (Jocelyn) that has experience at my specific venue. Jocelyn was so knowledgeable, was totally calm and I truly felt that she had it handled. She gave vendor recommendations and was someone I could go to with my wedding questions (since I was the first of my friends to get married). The Invisible Hostess is professional while being relatable and I would hire for any event in the future.

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Evan

Evan · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired The Invisible Hostess and had Sheena Kalso as our day-of coordinator, and the only regret I have is that we didn't come up with the money to have her just be our wedding planner from the beginning.

Sheena was pricier than some coordinators we looked into, but I'm so glad we paid a little extra for her and her team's expert hands. Right from the start, Sheena was friendly but also very professional and asked a lot of questions that I had no answers to. She gave me her proposal as well as tips for the planning even if I didn't go with her! The most important thing to me was to not have to do a damned thing at my wedding but show up.

As a day-of-coordinator, Sheena's services would be available to me a few weeks before the wedding, but she was available all year for advice on her phone and email - she hooked up a discount on a rental vendor and connected me to an affordable DJ who freakin' killed it. She sent an amazing wedding planning packet that had lots of great information in it.

We spent 3 hours a few weeks before the wedding going over EVERYTHING - guests, vendors, venue, deliveries, decor, toasts, etc - at which point she completely took over contact with vendors and created a timeline for us. She gave us great feedback on some of the timing of things and where the bar should be and where we should be for optimal flow. We were cc'd on everything, but she answered all vendors questions up until the day of.

She ran our rehearsal the day before and then the wedding - the wedding! One of the most common compliments we heard during and after the wedding was how smoothly everything ran. Sheena and her asst Kourtney wrangled guests, vendors, venue, and wedding party and they both looked like they were having a good time while doing it. She ran a tight ship and helped us pull off the most memorable night of our lives.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2018

Best coordinators we could ever ask for!

My husband and I could not possibly give The Invisible Hostess enough praise. We were lucky enough to have Mary and Jess as our day-of wedding coordinators. They worked with us for months leading up to the wedding, which made the planning easy and seamless. They helped us organize every aspect of the wedding and worked tirelessly to ensure that our day was perfect. Plus, Mary created a hilarious Instagram recap that had us in stitches. Mary and Jess helped us create the most wonderful day ever and we cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Adam and Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

Incredible coordination & support!

We hired The Invisible Hostess for their Final Planning and Day-of Coordination" package about 3 months before our Whidbey Island wedding, and are so happy we did. We worked with Natasha, and relied on her to coordinate our vendor team, schedule Seattle-to-Whidbey logistics, and pull off our creative vision. We couldn't have made a better choice. Natasha made our destination(ish) wedding feel natural and easy.

Natasha met with us multiple times before our big day. Whether it was on the phone, in person, or at Captain Whidbey Inn, she took time to understand our vision, our schedule, and our ceremonial necessities. She was available and responsive, and created a priority list of tasks to help us get to the finish line.

It was clear that Natasha was deeply connected to the Pacific Northwest wedding vendor community. Her relationships, communication style, and passion made her a great leader, and she created a unified vendor and venue staff team. She was also excellent at responding to unplanned situations such as vendor needs, schedule adjustments, thunderstorms (yes, actual thunderstorms in August), all with a smile on her face. And then there was wedding stress... No matter what our worries were, Natasha was quick to validate us, normalized the situation, and help us move on in a productive way, all while cracking us up.

We would recommend the Invisible Hostess, specifically Natasha, to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Bradley J. · Married on 08/11/2018

Great Seattle Wedding Planner!

We worked with Jocelyn at The Invisible Hostess as our day of coordinator, but she so much more! Jocelyn was extremely knowledgeable about the entire wedding process, as well as all of the local vendors. She helped us to create the exact type of wedding we wanted and helped us find the perfect vendors for the occasion. The master checklist was great for monitoring progress, and ensuring no detail was forgotten! Thanks for everything Jocelyn!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Paige · Married on 07/21/2018

Mary and her team were a dream to work with. They were available, detail-oriented, organized and overall lovely to be around. My husband and I have no hesitation recommending them to anyone looking for wedding event planning.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Joel and Eliza · Married on 07/05/2018

We met Jocelyn at the Weddings at Woodinville event. We thought we would not need to hire an event coordinator but we could have not been more wrong. Jocelyn made it easy to go through details and everything we needed to not only make sure our special day went well but to also relieve an enormous amount of stress. She met with us many times and was very flexible. On the wedding day itself, she made it sure that everything ran smoothly and coordinated all the requirements from the vendors. She and the team took special attention to guests that had forgotten to specify their dietary requirements. At the end of our day everything was loaded into the car and ready to go. We were able to focus on each other and our special day without worries. We were so happy. Thank you so much Jocelyn, Hope and the Invisible hostess.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

STOP LOOKING - The Invisible Hostess is hands down one of the best investments you will make for your wedding if you want to truly enjoy your day. We worked with Natasha and she is simply the best, and went above and beyond what I could have hoped for. I work in events so know that I can have a lot of questions (not to mention I was planning from the other side of the country) and she was there to answer every question and make me feel at ease with letting go of the planning process. She even took the time to have calls and meetings with our moms! You also know when everyone from your vendor team comes back and tells you how amazing she is to work with that you are in good hands. We feel truly grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Natasha and have her be a part of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Alayna · Married on 10/07/2017

I knew that investing in a wedding coordinator would likely be a good idea, but little did I know, the money that we put towards partnering with Mary Brown @ The Invisible Hostess would EASILY become the best and most rewarding investment of our wedding budget. Mary Brown continually went above and beyond to provide me with ultra-responsive, creative, and customized solutions to help me and my husband have the wedding of our freakin' DREAMS. Not only that, but her sense of humor, compassion, and truly one-of-a-kind spectacular personality brought so much light-heartedness and joy to the process leading up to our big day––such delight, in fact, that our entire bridal party was completely smitten with her when all was said and done.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/23/2017

If you are looking for wedding planning services this is the team to go with! I can not say enough about Sheena, she was responsible. Whenever I texted or emailed with questions, she was able to give me an answer. Whenever I was worried or concerned, she was there for me. I felt the day was on point and on schedule because of Sheena and Courtney. It was a long day, 15 hours and they were with me from beginning to end. Sheena and Courtney was on point all day even when I was texting her at 11pm the night before because I forgot I gave her my shoes for the tea ceremony at 8am! Thanks for being my advocate and going on this journey with me! Thank you thank you thank you! Worth every penny!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Evelyn · Married on 09/02/2017

Jocelyn was our wedding coordinator and she truly made the wedding planning process feel easy and effortless. Not many couples have the luxury of being able to say "Wedding planning is much easier than we thought!" and we know it's because Jocelyn and her team, Hope and McKenna, made this possible.

They were very proactive in making sure that we were on- or ahead of schedule throughout the planning process. They had resources available if we ever needed, and all of the vendors we partnered with via their recommendation were excellent. My husband and I were able to enjoy the days leading up to the wedding, as well as the big day, stress-free because of these ladies' precise planning. Jocelyn was nine months pregnant on the day of our wedding and her calm energy in spite of that that was infectious. She had everything under control, was cool when plans changed and we received many compliments from our guests about their attentiveness throughout the day.

The Invisible Hostess was the best investment of our wedding budget and we give them our highest recommendation. Thank you Jocelyn, Hope and McKenna!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

The entire process of working with our Invisible Hostess was seamless and fun! My husband and I worked with Mary as a day-of coordinator for our wedding, but she did far more than that. Mary provided helpful resources to start the planning process and checked in with us along the way. When it came time to create our master "day-of" timeline Mary did so promptly and professionally while still managing to make us laugh! Mary's confidence, humor, and experience gave us such peace of mind in those few months leading up the wedding. On our actual wedding weekend, Mary's calm, cool, and collected presence was priceless. Our wedding would not have been the same without her and we are forever grateful for her help. Hiring the Invisible Hostess was by far our smartest and most worthwhile wedding expense!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Daniela · Married on 08/05/2017

the invisible hostess was truly the best decision we made in terms of wedding vendors. Working with them made this SO much less stressful and I truly cannot thank Jocelyn and her great team enough for the time, effort and love poured into planning this day!! Jocelyn and her team were on top of it from the get go! She really was the point person for all the vendors and was able to work with everyone to get what we needed from them as far as their insurance etc. Jocelyn and her team was also great at giving me ideas in terms of different ways to do my ceremony and reception to try and make it truly unique...come the day of the wedding, they really
    lived up to their name in terms of the "invisible"...EVERYTHING ran smoothly and seamlessly the whole day and that is due to Jocelyn and her teams hard work and quick thinking when last minute decisions needed to be made...my favorite part is that I was CLUELESS in terms of any issues or last minute decisions because they really dedicated to making sure I had the most stress free day ever...Jocelyn and her team even took care of making sure our guests had a good time and even made sure our guests didn't do anything that would upset me or my husband on our day...I really truly from the bottom of my heart cannot recommend working with these girls more. They made this a truly memorable experience...you won't regret it!!

Sent on 08/09/2017

RYAN · Married on 08/05/2017

The Invisible Hostess is a good name. Except Jocelyn appeared right when we needed her to! It was as if she held my hand through every step of the way making everything run seamless and smooth. What ever we needed; showed up. What ever was missing; suddenly appeared. Every question was answered and every uncertainty was reassured. When my new bride and I got back to our suite after the night was over. We were a bit hungry and a little bummed that we didn't take advantage of the food that was served. Low and behold, everything from the wedding was packed away in to-go containers in the fridge! This is just one example. They just knew what to expect and what could go wrong and so nothing slipped past. Every minute detail was taken care of.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Kelley · Married on 07/15/2017

I worked with Jocelyn from The Invisible Hostess for my wedding, and she was such an asset to have during the whole planning process! From the moment you book their services, you can text/email/call with anything you have on your mind. I met with Jocelyn a little over a year out from our wedding date, and she was so supportive and calm about everything that it really made me feel like I could trust her and be more confident in taking on this huge task! I honestly didn't take enough advantage of asking for help while it was still 6+ months out, but Jocelyn still checked in with me from time to time to see how things were going and if I needed anything at all, and every time I did text or email her with questions, she would respond very quickly, which I definitely appreciate.

From about the 3 month out mark, that's when the master timeline is created and where their services really shine. From organizing timelines and communicating with vendors, to helping me with last minute details and questions, to coordinating the rehearsal and flexibility in meeting up to exchange decor....I definitely couldn't have done it without her!

Their day-of services really live up to their name. Jocelyn and her assistant handled the entire set-up of my wedding while my bridesmaids, family and I were able to just relax and get ready for the big day. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch, and Jocelyn was so supportive during each step of the process that everything that had I had been worrying about in my head over the last weeks leading up to the wedding went totally out the window and I actually didn't worry about a single thing. I am not one to write reviews so I am probably not doing them justice, but I absolutely would recommend Jocelyn and The Invisible Hostess 100%!!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

Natasha was recommended to us by a friend, and we are so glad we took her advice! Natasha (and her intern, Madelyn) made our wedding day 100% carefree and their services were seriously worth every penny! We live 5 hours away on the other side of the state but knew we wanted to get married in Seattle since our guests had to travel from all over the world. Natasha accommodated our travel schedule for the pre-wedding planning and made it so fun, like coming to town to have lunch with a friend. She also had great recommendations for other vendors she had personally worked with, and being from out of town, we really appreciated her advice! Our guests raved about how delicious our food was, and how the flowers perfectly fit our style. We loved that Natasha orchestrated our other vendors for a smooth set up and break down, and was the point of contact for our guests on the wedding day so we never had to worry about how to get anyone from the hotel to the venue. Natasha and Madelyn helped bring together the exact centerpieces we imagined and were able to pick up a few rentals and our dessert cupcakes from the bakery, so we didn't have to lift a finger on our wedding day. We cannot say enough how much we loved having Natasha and Madelyn on our team. Planning a wedding is hard, but having these two made it a hundred times easier and a thousand times more fun.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Hayley · Married on 05/20/2017

My sister got married around 6 months before me and although her wedding was beautiful, she and my mom did it all together and I saw how much stress it added onto their plates. So, when it was my turn, I decided it was most important for everyone (including the mother of the bride) to be free to celebrate at the wedding. Enter Jocelyn & the Invisible Hostess team. I expected having Jocelyn would be helpful, I had no idea just how much of a life-saver she would be!

With Jocelyn on our team, we knew exactly what decisions we needed to make and from that point on she took care of everything. She coordinated vendors, took copious amounts of notes to the point that she knew what my fiance (now husband) wanted better than we did! We were able to have an opinion on everything, but had to remember nothing, which is quite the experience :)

Day-of was when she really shined. Jocelyn was professional, had everything organized and in its place, she kept things moving, and relieved the wedding party and our family of tasks they otherwise would have had to take-on (ie. set up & tear down). We had several people in our families and bridal party say, "I've never had to do literally nothing to help set up a wedding before, I can't believe we simply get to spend all of this time together!"

I feel so incredibly grateful to have had Jocelyn on our team. Her and her team are a high value for the cost and arguably the best money that we spent on our wedding. It makes me want to host another big party JUST to work with the Invisible Hostess again!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Corina · Married on 05/20/2017

Sheena and her team where seriously amazing. From all the help planning to the actual wedding day. Could not have done it with out her! Thanks so much for helping our wedding day be absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

We can’t say enough good things about Sheena and Kristine from Invisible Hostess. They did a fantastic job planning our wedding and making sure everything ran as smoothly as possible. They provided top-notch vendor recommendations based on our descriptions of what we liked and wanted. Communication was excellent and profession. They provided a detailed wedding checklist with dates to ensure that we accomplished all of the little tasks that are necessary in planning a wedding.

Sheena and Kristine were also very organized! They took copious notes on every single detail about the wedding day so that we wouldn’t need to be bothered with any little thing on our big day. They deftly handled issues that arose the day of the wedding. Because of their skill and expertise, our wedding was amazing and unforgettable. We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Morgan · Married on 05/12/2017

I don't think there are enough words to describe how much I LOVED having Mary with The Invisible Hostess as our wedding coordinator! We connected right away at my initial meeting, so much so that I didn't even meet with any other coordinators. The level of service that The Invisible Hostess provides is incredible! Mary was there for me every step of the way and did so much more than what you think of in terms of day of coordination. She talked to my vendors, she worked out the timelines, she let me vent like a crazy bride! She was so pleasant and fun and was an amazing sounding board when I was making decisions, always incredibly responsive in her communications and spot-on with the advice she gave me. I really could not have imagined our wedding without Mary's involvement!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Veronica · Married on 03/11/2017

While planning my wedding last year, I felt overwhelmed with all the choices to be made and things to do - that is, until I found the Invisible Hostess. Jocelyn is amazing! From the moment my now-husband and I first met her, she felt more like a good friend who had stepped in to help with our wedding than a wedding coordinator we had just met. She was instantly enthusiastic about our vision for our big day and made the preparations feel fun and exciting. She saved us thousands of dollars with fantastic vendor recommendations while still helping us make our wedding dreams come true.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. If there were any issues day-of, I never knew about them, because Jocelyn had everything covered! We cannot express enough how grateful we are to her for everything she did for us and for making our day truly the best of our lives. We couldn't have done it without the Invisible Hostess! Looking back, I would say that if there's one detail of wedding planning that is an absolute MUST, it's working with the Invisible Hostess to plan your day!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Jean · Married on 02/25/2017

Jocelyn Lawrence and the Invisible Hostess were life savers! With their amazing help, my daughter's wedding went off without any hiccups. Jocelyn was so organized, creative, flexible, super friendly, and above all sooooo helpful! She organized vendors, layout, set up, tear down, clean up, the ceremony, and the flow of the reception. This allowed the bride, groom and their parents (me) to relax and enjoy this perfect night. She also offered friendly suggestions which we were so grateful for as this was the first wedding that we planned. Hiring Jocelyn and the Invisible Hostess was the best money we spent. They provide high value at a very reasonable cost. Without them, the wedding would not have gone as smoothly and been as much fun! Thank you Jocelyn and team. We couldn't have done this without you!!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Michaela · Married on 02/25/2017

Besides saying "I do" hiring Invisible Hostess was the best part of my wedding! Jocelyn was amazing to work with and made the day of (and the months leading up to it) a breeze. I'd been hesitant to hire a wedding coordinator because I didn't think I needed the help. Luckily, I changed my mind. Jocelyn was my go to for all things wedding. She became the primary contact for all my vendors, including a difficult catering situation. When there was a problem a few weeks out, she handled it with my mother before even bringing it to my attention. Having her there was like having an unbiased, third party bridesmaid. Jocelyn was responsive, professional and honest. We talked through table layouts, music timing, send off options and even decor. Overall, I'd recommend Invisible Hostess to every bride. The help is well worth it!

P.S. Thank you, Jocelyn! You're the best!

Sent on 05/03/2017