The Invisible Hostess Reviews

108 | Seattle, WA

108 Reviews for The Invisible Hostess

• Evan

Evan · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired The Invisible Hostess and had Sheena Kalso as our day-of coordinator, and the only regret I have is that we didn't come up with the money to have her just be our wedding planner from the beginning.

Sheena was pricier than some coordinators we looked into, but I'm so glad we paid a little extra for her and her team's expert hands. Right from the start, Sheena was friendly but also very professional and asked a lot of questions that I had no answers to. She gave me her proposal as well as tips for the planning even if I didn't go with her! The most important thing to me was to not have to do a damned thing at my wedding but show up.

As a day-of-coordinator, Sheena's services would be available to me a few weeks before the wedding, but she was available all year for advice on her phone and email - she hooked up a discount on a rental vendor and connected me to an affordable DJ who freakin' killed it. She sent an amazing wedding planning packet that had lots of great information in it.

We spent 3 hours a few weeks before the wedding going over EVERYTHING - guests, vendors, venue, deliveries, decor, toasts, etc - at which point she completely took over contact with vendors and created a timeline for us. She gave us great feedback on some of the timing of things and where the bar should be and where we should be for optimal flow. We were cc'd on everything, but she answered all vendors questions up until the day of.

She ran our rehearsal the day before and then the wedding - the wedding! One of the most common compliments we heard during and after the wedding was how smoothly everything ran. Sheena and her asst Kourtney wrangled guests, vendors, venue, and wedding party and they both looked like they were having a good time while doing it. She ran a tight ship and helped us pull off the most memorable night of our lives.

Paige · Married on 07/21/2018

Mary and her team were a dream to work with. They were available, detail-oriented, organized and overall lovely to be around. My husband and I have no hesitation recommending them to anyone looking for wedding event planning.

Joel and Eliza · Married on 07/05/2018

We met Jocelyn at the Weddings at Woodinville event. We thought we would not need to hire an event coordinator but we could have not been more wrong. Jocelyn made it easy to go through details and everything we needed to not only make sure our special day went well but to also relieve an enormous amount of stress. She met with us many times and was very flexible. On the wedding day itself, she made it sure that everything ran smoothly and coordinated all the requirements from the vendors. She and the team took special attention to guests that had forgotten to specify their dietary requirements. At the end of our day everything was loaded into the car and ready to go. We were able to focus on each other and our special day without worries. We were so happy. Thank you so much Jocelyn, Hope and the Invisible hostess.

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

STOP LOOKING - The Invisible Hostess is hands down one of the best investments you will make for your wedding if you want to truly enjoy your day. We worked with Natasha and she is simply the best, and went above and beyond what I could have hoped for. I work in events so know that I can have a lot of questions (not to mention I was planning from the other side of the country) and she was there to answer every question and make me feel at ease with letting go of the planning process. She even took the time to have calls and meetings with our moms! You also know when everyone from your vendor team comes back and tells you how amazing she is to work with that you are in good hands. We feel truly grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Natasha and have her be a part of the best day of our lives!

Alayna · Married on 10/07/2017

I knew that investing in a wedding coordinator would likely be a good idea, but little did I know, the money that we put towards partnering with Mary Brown @ The Invisible Hostess would EASILY become the best and most rewarding investment of our wedding budget. Mary Brown continually went above and beyond to provide me with ultra-responsive, creative, and customized solutions to help me and my husband have the wedding of our freakin' DREAMS. Not only that, but her sense of humor, compassion, and truly one-of-a-kind spectacular personality brought so much light-heartedness and joy to the process leading up to our big day––such delight, in fact, that our entire bridal party was completely smitten with her when all was said and done.

Rebecca · Married on 09/23/2017

If you are looking for wedding planning services this is the team to go with! I can not say enough about Sheena, she was responsible. Whenever I texted or emailed with questions, she was able to give me an answer. Whenever I was worried or concerned, she was there for me. I felt the day was on point and on schedule because of Sheena and Courtney. It was a long day, 15 hours and they were with me from beginning to end. Sheena and Courtney was on point all day even when I was texting her at 11pm the night before because I forgot I gave her my shoes for the tea ceremony at 8am! Thanks for being my advocate and going on this journey with me! Thank you thank you thank you! Worth every penny!

Evelyn · Married on 09/02/2017

Jocelyn was our wedding coordinator and she truly made the wedding planning process feel easy and effortless. Not many couples have the luxury of being able to say "Wedding planning is much easier than we thought!" and we know it's because Jocelyn and her team, Hope and McKenna, made this possible.

They were very proactive in making sure that we were on- or ahead of schedule throughout the planning process. They had resources available if we ever needed, and all of the vendors we partnered with via their recommendation were excellent. My husband and I were able to enjoy the days leading up to the wedding, as well as the big day, stress-free because of these ladies' precise planning. Jocelyn was nine months pregnant on the day of our wedding and her calm energy in spite of that that was infectious. She had everything under control, was cool when plans changed and we received many compliments from our guests about their attentiveness throughout the day.

The Invisible Hostess was the best investment of our wedding budget and we give them our highest recommendation. Thank you Jocelyn, Hope and McKenna!

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

The entire process of working with our Invisible Hostess was seamless and fun! My husband and I worked with Mary as a day-of coordinator for our wedding, but she did far more than that. Mary provided helpful resources to start the planning process and checked in with us along the way. When it came time to create our master "day-of" timeline Mary did so promptly and professionally while still managing to make us laugh! Mary's confidence, humor, and experience gave us such peace of mind in those few months leading up the wedding. On our actual wedding weekend, Mary's calm, cool, and collected presence was priceless. Our wedding would not have been the same without her and we are forever grateful for her help. Hiring the Invisible Hostess was by far our smartest and most worthwhile wedding expense!

Daniela · Married on 08/05/2017

the invisible hostess was truly the best decision we made in terms of wedding vendors. Working with them made this SO much less stressful and I truly cannot thank Jocelyn and her great team enough for the time, effort and love poured into planning this day!! Jocelyn and her team were on top of it from the get go! She really was the point person for all the vendors and was able to work with everyone to get what we needed from them as far as their insurance etc. Jocelyn and her team was also great at giving me ideas in terms of different ways to do my ceremony and reception to try and make it truly unique...come the day of the wedding, they really
    lived up to their name in terms of the "invisible"...EVERYTHING ran smoothly and seamlessly the whole day and that is due to Jocelyn and her teams hard work and quick thinking when last minute decisions needed to be made...my favorite part is that I was CLUELESS in terms of any issues or last minute decisions because they really dedicated to making sure I had the most stress free day ever...Jocelyn and her team even took care of making sure our guests had a good time and even made sure our guests didn't do anything that would upset me or my husband on our day...I really truly from the bottom of my heart cannot recommend working with these girls more. They made this a truly memorable experience...you won't regret it!!

RYAN · Married on 08/05/2017

The Invisible Hostess is a good name. Except Jocelyn appeared right when we needed her to! It was as if she held my hand through every step of the way making everything run seamless and smooth. What ever we needed; showed up. What ever was missing; suddenly appeared. Every question was answered and every uncertainty was reassured. When my new bride and I got back to our suite after the night was over. We were a bit hungry and a little bummed that we didn't take advantage of the food that was served. Low and behold, everything from the wedding was packed away in to-go containers in the fridge! This is just one example. They just knew what to expect and what could go wrong and so nothing slipped past. Every minute detail was taken care of.

Kelley · Married on 07/15/2017

I worked with Jocelyn from The Invisible Hostess for my wedding, and she was such an asset to have during the whole planning process! From the moment you book their services, you can text/email/call with anything you have on your mind. I met with Jocelyn a little over a year out from our wedding date, and she was so supportive and calm about everything that it really made me feel like I could trust her and be more confident in taking on this huge task! I honestly didn't take enough advantage of asking for help while it was still 6+ months out, but Jocelyn still checked in with me from time to time to see how things were going and if I needed anything at all, and every time I did text or email her with questions, she would respond very quickly, which I definitely appreciate.

From about the 3 month out mark, that's when the master timeline is created and where their services really shine. From organizing timelines and communicating with vendors, to helping me with last minute details and questions, to coordinating the rehearsal and flexibility in meeting up to exchange decor....I definitely couldn't have done it without her!

Their day-of services really live up to their name. Jocelyn and her assistant handled the entire set-up of my wedding while my bridesmaids, family and I were able to just relax and get ready for the big day. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch, and Jocelyn was so supportive during each step of the process that everything that had I had been worrying about in my head over the last weeks leading up to the wedding went totally out the window and I actually didn't worry about a single thing. I am not one to write reviews so I am probably not doing them justice, but I absolutely would recommend Jocelyn and The Invisible Hostess 100%!!!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

Natasha was recommended to us by a friend, and we are so glad we took her advice! Natasha (and her intern, Madelyn) made our wedding day 100% carefree and their services were seriously worth every penny! We live 5 hours away on the other side of the state but knew we wanted to get married in Seattle since our guests had to travel from all over the world. Natasha accommodated our travel schedule for the pre-wedding planning and made it so fun, like coming to town to have lunch with a friend. She also had great recommendations for other vendors she had personally worked with, and being from out of town, we really appreciated her advice! Our guests raved about how delicious our food was, and how the flowers perfectly fit our style. We loved that Natasha orchestrated our other vendors for a smooth set up and break down, and was the point of contact for our guests on the wedding day so we never had to worry about how to get anyone from the hotel to the venue. Natasha and Madelyn helped bring together the exact centerpieces we imagined and were able to pick up a few rentals and our dessert cupcakes from the bakery, so we didn't have to lift a finger on our wedding day. We cannot say enough how much we loved having Natasha and Madelyn on our team. Planning a wedding is hard, but having these two made it a hundred times easier and a thousand times more fun.

Hayley · Married on 05/20/2017

My sister got married around 6 months before me and although her wedding was beautiful, she and my mom did it all together and I saw how much stress it added onto their plates. So, when it was my turn, I decided it was most important for everyone (including the mother of the bride) to be free to celebrate at the wedding. Enter Jocelyn & the Invisible Hostess team. I expected having Jocelyn would be helpful, I had no idea just how much of a life-saver she would be!

With Jocelyn on our team, we knew exactly what decisions we needed to make and from that point on she took care of everything. She coordinated vendors, took copious amounts of notes to the point that she knew what my fiance (now husband) wanted better than we did! We were able to have an opinion on everything, but had to remember nothing, which is quite the experience :)

Day-of was when she really shined. Jocelyn was professional, had everything organized and in its place, she kept things moving, and relieved the wedding party and our family of tasks they otherwise would have had to take-on (ie. set up & tear down). We had several people in our families and bridal party say, "I've never had to do literally nothing to help set up a wedding before, I can't believe we simply get to spend all of this time together!"

I feel so incredibly grateful to have had Jocelyn on our team. Her and her team are a high value for the cost and arguably the best money that we spent on our wedding. It makes me want to host another big party JUST to work with the Invisible Hostess again!

Corina · Married on 05/20/2017

Sheena and her team where seriously amazing. From all the help planning to the actual wedding day. Could not have done it with out her! Thanks so much for helping our wedding day be absolutely perfect!

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

We can’t say enough good things about Sheena and Kristine from Invisible Hostess. They did a fantastic job planning our wedding and making sure everything ran as smoothly as possible. They provided top-notch vendor recommendations based on our descriptions of what we liked and wanted. Communication was excellent and profession. They provided a detailed wedding checklist with dates to ensure that we accomplished all of the little tasks that are necessary in planning a wedding.

Sheena and Kristine were also very organized! They took copious notes on every single detail about the wedding day so that we wouldn’t need to be bothered with any little thing on our big day. They deftly handled issues that arose the day of the wedding. Because of their skill and expertise, our wedding was amazing and unforgettable. We highly recommend them!!

Morgan · Married on 05/12/2017

I don't think there are enough words to describe how much I LOVED having Mary with The Invisible Hostess as our wedding coordinator! We connected right away at my initial meeting, so much so that I didn't even meet with any other coordinators. The level of service that The Invisible Hostess provides is incredible! Mary was there for me every step of the way and did so much more than what you think of in terms of day of coordination. She talked to my vendors, she worked out the timelines, she let me vent like a crazy bride! She was so pleasant and fun and was an amazing sounding board when I was making decisions, always incredibly responsive in her communications and spot-on with the advice she gave me. I really could not have imagined our wedding without Mary's involvement!

Veronica · Married on 03/11/2017

While planning my wedding last year, I felt overwhelmed with all the choices to be made and things to do - that is, until I found the Invisible Hostess. Jocelyn is amazing! From the moment my now-husband and I first met her, she felt more like a good friend who had stepped in to help with our wedding than a wedding coordinator we had just met. She was instantly enthusiastic about our vision for our big day and made the preparations feel fun and exciting. She saved us thousands of dollars with fantastic vendor recommendations while still helping us make our wedding dreams come true.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. If there were any issues day-of, I never knew about them, because Jocelyn had everything covered! We cannot express enough how grateful we are to her for everything she did for us and for making our day truly the best of our lives. We couldn't have done it without the Invisible Hostess! Looking back, I would say that if there's one detail of wedding planning that is an absolute MUST, it's working with the Invisible Hostess to plan your day!

Jean · Married on 02/25/2017

Jocelyn Lawrence and the Invisible Hostess were life savers! With their amazing help, my daughter's wedding went off without any hiccups. Jocelyn was so organized, creative, flexible, super friendly, and above all sooooo helpful! She organized vendors, layout, set up, tear down, clean up, the ceremony, and the flow of the reception. This allowed the bride, groom and their parents (me) to relax and enjoy this perfect night. She also offered friendly suggestions which we were so grateful for as this was the first wedding that we planned. Hiring Jocelyn and the Invisible Hostess was the best money we spent. They provide high value at a very reasonable cost. Without them, the wedding would not have gone as smoothly and been as much fun! Thank you Jocelyn and team. We couldn't have done this without you!!

Michaela · Married on 02/25/2017

Besides saying "I do" hiring Invisible Hostess was the best part of my wedding! Jocelyn was amazing to work with and made the day of (and the months leading up to it) a breeze. I'd been hesitant to hire a wedding coordinator because I didn't think I needed the help. Luckily, I changed my mind. Jocelyn was my go to for all things wedding. She became the primary contact for all my vendors, including a difficult catering situation. When there was a problem a few weeks out, she handled it with my mother before even bringing it to my attention. Having her there was like having an unbiased, third party bridesmaid. Jocelyn was responsive, professional and honest. We talked through table layouts, music timing, send off options and even decor. Overall, I'd recommend Invisible Hostess to every bride. The help is well worth it!

P.S. Thank you, Jocelyn! You're the best!

Kimberly · Married on 01/22/2017

We cannot say enough about working with Jocelyn and the Invisible Hostess. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, we loved the whole day... it was just dreamy. We got to thoroughly enjoy the day because Jocelyn took care of the details seamlessly. Leading up to the wedding, she assisted greatly in planning and coordinating our vendors. We were pretty hands off once we selected our vendor, she took over and managed everything. She did a fantastic job and we said to each other mulitple times that it was the best money we spent on our wedding was hiring her. Wouldn't change a thing!!

Andrew · Married on 01/21/2017

Mary was excellent towards providing us guidance for the day of execution, as well as giving us anecdotal feedback with our vendors. We used her services as the “day of” coordinator, and she with her assistant made the day come together, and we would gladly recommend her services to anyone.

Julia · Married on 01/15/2017

We met Sheena from Invisible Hostess at my cousin's wedding several years ago, and were completely blown away by her. She was prepared for anything, and handled the few small issues with incredible grace and calm. We knew who to call when it came time to start planning our own wedding a year later. When we arrived at Invisible Hostess for our first meeting we had some serious jitters about all that needed to be done. We left that meeting feeling like we could take on the world, and every time worries started creeping back, Sheena would make sure our concerns were heard, and would promptly deal with them, or advise us. Her response time is superhuman, and we're still not entirely sure how, but we swear she often started typing the answers to our questions before we'd even texted them. She made sure that we were always clear about who was handling what, and she contacted many vendors on our behalf in the last few months leading up to the wedding to get all of the final pieces in place. The day of the wedding *flew* by, and if there were any complicating issues, we never knew or heard about them. Sheena and her assistant, Sloan, both made sure we got to enjoy every moment of our wedding. They handled things we'd never even thought to think about, and made it look easy. They even took to the dance floor with some epic dance moves, and we heard that Sloan also won an impressive rap battle that evening. They weren't just our wedding coordinators, they became friends.

Patricia · Married on 12/31/2016

The Invisible Hostess made me feel like a valued customer from the start. Our planner Jocelyn was warm, responsive, and knowledgeable. She gave advice and support, which was invaluable for a clueless bride like me. Ultimately, our wedding day turned out better than I could have expected thanks to her hard work and expertise. The day itself was completely stress-free thanks to Jocelyn. I think that booking The Invisible Hostess was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process.

Kate · Married on 11/05/2016

There is no doubt in my mind that hiring The Invisible Hostess/Natasha was bar none the best decision we made. I can say that, because of the recommendations, relationships and decisions she lead us to for our day were simply perfection. Personally, having an event planners background and working in the industry I knew that I needed someone I trusted and had the utmost confidence in while planning. Natasha was that and more! Because we were planning from a far (Chicago) we relied on Natasha to be our eyes and ears on the ground; in addition to, meeting with my parents and important vendors on a number of occasions. The few times we were in town (or she was in Chicago!) she was flexible with her schedule even joining me for a margarita brunch! I could go on and on, but let me just say the expense of hiring The Invisible Hostess will feel like a blip in the budget - they help you focus, give you well informed opinions and are experts in their space. Truly, we feel like we found a forever friend in Natasha. Thank you x's a million!!!