The Inn at St. John's Reviews

The Inn at St. John's 4
The Inn at St. John's 5

Janene Ravid · Married on 11/02/2019

Fairytale perfection

I found this venue with my daughter, for her 11.02.2019 wedding this past weekend. We met with Manda well over a year ago and she took care of us along the entire journey. We live in the area, so it was not a destination wedding for us, but we had many out of town guests. Fortunately, the guest rooms at The Inn were beautiful and plentiful and accommodated many of our guests.

It was a weekend affair! Friday was the rehearsal in the amazingly beautiful European style chapel, followed by a great and delicious rehearsal dinner at 5ive Steakhouse. After that, we spilled out onto the main floor of 5ive to mingle with our other guests who had joined us for the welcome reception.

Saturday, the couple was married in the chapel, followed by more partying at 5ive and then into the unbelievably gorgeous Atrium for cocktail hour and the reception. Absolutely stunning and perfect!

Sunday, all of the guests who were still in town joined us for a send-off buffet breakfast. Again, absolutely beautiful, organized, well-run and perfect.

So those are the details. This property is an amazing hidden gem. It has everything a couple might need for their wedding day/weekend. We had so many compliments from everyone, in and out of town!

But it had to be more than the property itself to prompt me to leave this review. That’s where this highly trained staff enters the picture. They turned this beautiful, picturesque property into the fairytale wedding of my daughter’s and her husband’s dreams! Manda (sales manager) helped me take my and my daughter’s vision and turn it into reality. Manda worked tirelessly, patiently and thoroughly with me and everyone at St. John’s. Some of the other outstanding people we worked with were Kathy (chapel), Emily (The Inn), Lindsay (bookkeeping and someone to reach out to when Manda had a day off), Mistie (5ive), the banquet captain’s, servers, Connor (breakfast) and on and on. There were so many people who did their jobs flawlessly. I am sorry I cannot name them all and give them all the credit that they deserve, but without exception, they are a well-trained staff who does their job quietly and professionally. They are truly a service- and customer- oriented crew.

I strongly recommend this venue, to anybody wishing for the royal treatment!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail Richeson · Married on 10/27/2019

Best Reception Venue

We could not have imagined a better wedding day than we had. It was seriously a fairytale wedding. We had our reception in the atrium. Everything was set up flawlessly. The service was amazing. The people who work here are so attentive. They offered to take our dinner and save it for us under a warmer and deliver it to our room after the night was over because we never sat down! We worked with Manda Lawson who was there with us every step of the way. I cannot recommend her more! She made everything so easy! We also worked with Lindsay Omelia and Emily Monti who were both amazing as well. Thank you so much for making our day perfect and so so brautiful!

The Inn at St. John's 6
    The Inn at St. John's 7
    The Inn at St. John's 8
    Sent on 11/16/2019

Valerie · Married on 06/08/2019

Easy to Work with, Beautiful Location!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! We held our ceremony and reception here. Everything was amazing, and super easy to plan. The folks here are true professionals- we didn’t feel the need for a wedding planner or day of coordinator because weddings are what they do, and they do it well. The food was absolutely incredible, and planning with Christine was a breeze and a delight. If you’re looking for stress free planning and an absolutely gorgeous location, this is your place! It’s definitely worth a look if you’re looking around- the intro info packet is super helpful, and there are tons of pictures online to help show what they transform the reception spaces into.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Eri

Eri · Married on 02/15/2019

The best. Hands down.

The perfect place to get married. Everything is beautiful there, the staff is amazing, the food is delicious, and the service was great.

The Inn at St. John's 9
    The Inn at St. John's 15
    Sent on 05/16/2019

Jennifer · Married on 01/12/2019

reception perfection

We held our wedding reception in the Atrium at the Inn. When I first saw pictures of the Atrium I knew that we needed to have our wedding there. We began working with Linda, who was lovely, to create our perfect wedding day. We were unable to join the large group menu tasting so they arranged a private tasting for us and even surprised us with champagne since it was our anniversary. Linda was away on leave and Ella took over coordinating in our final few weeks. The transition was very smooth and Ella handled all of our final decisions and last minute questions. On the day of the wedding I was blown away with how beautiful the room looked. The serving team was amazing and took such great care of the wedding party and made sure we always had food, drinks and anything else we possibly needed/wanted. We received compliments all night about how great the service was and are still having people compliment the service a month later. I would not hesitate to recommend having your wedding at the Inn. The Atrium is absolutely beautiful and the staff from the wedding coordinators, to the servers, to the bartenders all make sure that everything is perfect on the day of your wedding.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Jill Freeman · Married on 10/26/2018

The Perfect Venue!

The Inn at St. John's exceeded our expectations for our wedding! From the planning period to the actual day, they were incredible! We had the honor of working with Ella. She was so professional and helpful as we made all of our reception selections. Our day of ran so smoothly. The Inn went above and beyond to make sure our plans were carried out flawlessly! The food was amazing, service incredible, and the overall setting perfect!

Sent on 03/03/2019

The Inn at St. John's's reply:

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review. We are so happy that you were pleased with our service and cuisine. We are so grateful to have been a part of your special day!

Elisabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

This place holds special meaning for my husband and I. He proposed in the chapel here and we got married in it and it is absolutely beautiful! We also had our reception in one of the small ballrooms and everything went so smoothly. The staff here is so well-managed, it took much of the stress out of planning our wedding. The catering was top-notch, and all the employees helping plan our wedding/reception were helpful as can be. It was almost like having a wedding planner! All our guests were gushing over The Inn at St. John's after our wedding. If you want a beautiful Catholic chapel, and less wedding stress I highly highly recommend. Also, the Atrium is stunning!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Kristy · Married on 06/09/2018

Spectacular, gorgeous, fantastic! Every positive word that you can think of could be used to describe the experience of planning a wedding at the Inn at St. John's. My husband and I got married at the Inn in June 2018 and could not have been happier with how it turned out. We held our rehearsal dinner, reception and day after brunch at the Inn at St. John's. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and perfectly executed 3 different events during our wedding weekend. From the chapel, the Grande Ballroom, the gorgeous grounds, and the beautiful hotel, the Inn at St. John's is a magnificent venue and we would select it again 1000 times. Although all of the staff were wonderful, Linda Johnson, our wedding coordinator, went above and beyond! She is so incredibly nice, well organized, and just knows weddings better than anyone ever could. We enjoyed working with her so much and just want to say thank you to her and to the entire staff for creating a true fairytale wedding for us and for going above and beyond to make sure it flowed perfectly! We would highly recommend the Inn at St. John's to anyone and could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding to start our lives together. Thanks again for everything! It was an exquisite experience!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Heidi · Married on 02/16/2018

This was hands down the most fabulous venue! We were so well taken care of! Our wedding coordinator went above and beyond. We had an issue with our wedding cake and she contacted the baker to make sure there was something available for my guests! The food was incredible, the Atrium was gorgeous, and the service was amazing! Loved every moment of my reception from start to finish!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Pam · Married on 06/10/2017

I still still cannot get over how absolutely gorgeous our wedding was. I would recommend the Inn at St. John's absolutely anyone, without hesitation. From our initial meeting with Ella, you could really tell how much she cared about making our day the best it could be. Ella was constantly available by phone or email and always willing to help and offer advice when needed. She always had a way of calming me down with my crazy off the wall questions. The day of the wedding was PERFECT. My husband and I are still talking about how impressed we were with everything. The day of coordinators were a huge help with all of my decor and extra stuff like table numbers, place cards, guest book and bathroom baskets, etc....everything was exactly how I wanted it! Our guests are also still talking about the quality of service, how great the food was and how perfect their steaks were cooked, the drinks and how generous the bar tenders were, the hotel rooms, the staff, everything. I could go on and on. I could not be happier with our wedding and will continue to recommend the Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful reception venue. The Grande Ballroom is simply beautiful. June 10, 2017

Sent on 06/23/2017

Mary · Married on 04/22/2017

We are extremely happy with this venue! Our guests continue to rave that it was the best wedding they attended. The staff are excellent, the grounds are breathtaking, food is divine, and I can go on and on! I hear horror stories of brides extremely stressed on their wedding day. This was not the case for me and I attribute it the staff. Linda was on top of it! She pulled everything together for us. Janette V., Colleen, Jenna K. and Shante P. were all so helpful and very prompt with responses. Kathy K. helped tremendously with our ceremony as well as Cathy and Peggy. This was my dream wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2017

The Inn at St. John's gave me my dream wedding! The venue is beautiful. All of our wedding photos from the hallways, the chapel, the hotel rooms, everywhere are gorgeous. Everyone is organized and communicated with me throughout the entire process. The food was delicious from our reception to brunch the next morning. I can't say enough great things about the venue and the staff!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2016

Kudos to The Inn at St. John's , they do AMAZING work! I got married there on NYE 2016 and everything was just perfect! They know what they are doing and are so good at what they do. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would in every category because they truly do an amazing job. I dreamed of getting married there and it was truly a dream come true!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Erica · Married on 11/11/2016

We just had our wedding at the Inn at St. John's and we could not be happier! All of their staff, especially Stacy Davis (event planning) and Kathy (chapel coordinator), are an absolute pleasure to work with. They are friendly, professional, and willing to accommodate literally anything you need or want throughout the entire experience.

We stayed in the Presidential Suite and used it for the rehearsal dinner and for getting ready on the morning of the wedding. We took bridal party pictures in the waterfall garden and in the hotel. We had our ceremony in the beautiful chapel and used Fr. Tom from St. Kenneth Parish in Plymouth, MI (who was absolutely hilarious, by the way). And we had our reception in the Grande Ballroom. Everything went exactly as we had hoped, and we had ISJ staff around us practically at all times to make sure that anything we needed was taken care of.

The Inn at St. John's checks all the boxes for a dream wedding. The grounds and every building/room are breathtaking, the music is classy, the service is impeccable, and the food is beyond compare. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding here, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Abbie · Married on 07/30/2016

Beautiful site and great staff, highly recommended, good spot for a shower as well!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Connie · Married on 06/04/2016

I am the grandmother (and wedding planner) of the bride. This is a beautiful, beautiful venue, with an exquisite chapel and professional staff that go above and beyond the highest of expectations. They made my granddaughter's wedding day the "Princess Wedding" that she deserved.

Sent on 07/24/2016

We had our wedding reception at the Inn at St. John's in the Atrium. It was absolutely stunning! The Inn at St. John's was extremely organized and kept in communication to assure that everything was ready for the big night! Everything that we had wanted our reception to look like was executed beautifully and more! It was nice being able to enjoy our wedding weekend and not having to set up any of it. The food and service was amazing. We had a ton of compliments the entire night starting with the venue, to the food, hotel rooms, bar, servers, etc. It was truly a fairytale wedding and everything went flawlessly. I highly recommend the Inn at St. John's as your venue!

Sent on 01/31/2016
  • User5196480 · 2+ years ago

I have been working with Ella to coordinate my wedding at the inn at St. John's. The wedding is on November 28th and has not yet occurred, but I have a feeling that the wedding will go off without a hitch. They do so many weddings that they have many small details ironed out. They help coordinate the way the room is set up, help to offer suggestions that have worked for other weddings, and have many vendors that they work with on a consistent basis . Often times if I e-mail Ella she will get back to me outside of office hours which I was not expecting when I booked this venue. It shows that Ella goes above and beyond my expectations to deliver excellent service, and calm the nerves of a future bride! I would recommend working with them as their packages are all-inclusive, they think of all the details, and are easy to talk to and coordinate with.

Sent on 10/14/2015

We were so pleased with our wedding at the Inn. The preparations were so organized. The Inn is filled with a team of true professionals. They made sure every detail was attended to. Everything was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better venue or team to work with. Would 100% recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/09/2015

Not only is the space beautiful - they did a wonderful job setting it up. Very helpful throughout the entire planning process - but what impressed me the most was the staff on the evening of our event. We had our own 'personal attendant' (don't think that was his official title - but that's what it felt like :) ) - way to make the Bride and Groom feel special! (We even joked about wanted to take him home with us :) ).

Sent on 09/15/2015

Brittany · Married on 01/03/2015

The staff is amazing and caters to your every need. They literally made our day perfect and we didn't have a single mishap!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/21/2014

Stop looking and book here. It was wonderful, all of our guests loved how everything was all in one place. Plus it made planning soooo much easier. At any point in the night your guests could leave and go up to thier rooms for a moment. Perfect for guests with children, or the elders. Plus we didn't have to hire a limo or leave to shoot pictures, the Inn has many wonderful locations which our Photographer took full advantage of. You also have the opportunity to try everything on their menu at Grand tasting, so hard to choose everything that comes out of the kitchen is so good! Linda, and her staff did a wonderful job!!!! We wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Shanna · Married on 08/23/2014

Linda and the staff at St John's were amazing! Everything turned out perfect and so many of our guests complimented our reception!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Chris · Married on 07/12/2014

The venue is absolutely beautiful. The staff was the best I have seen out of any wedding I have ever been to. They ensured the room was setup for us before the wedding, they made all the transitions seamlessly, the food was brought out very quick and was hot and there was never more than a minute or two wait at the bar (we had a decent sized guest list of 161). We were very pleased working with our wedding coordinator, Ella, as she laid out all the expectations for us ahead of time so there were never any surprises. Overall it was a phenomenal venue and we heard nothing but top of the line feedback from our guests! Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Bridget · Married on 03/21/2014

I tend to have this imagine that always disappoints me! I imagine things in my head that never turn out exactly how I wanted. I can not express how impressed I was with the Inn at St. John's. It looked better than I imagined it which is truly a rarity and I can not thank them enough for having such fantastic service. Literally every single experience related to my wedding was flawless. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. We got some many compliments on our wedding and St. John's made that possible!

Sent on 05/07/2014