The Inn at Palmer Divide Reviews

18 | Palmer Lake, CO

18 Reviews for The Inn at Palmer Divide

Our event coordinator was so helpful and responsive. And they were very flexible when we had to change plans due to the weather. Everything went very smoothly!

Terri · Married on 12/12/2012

The Inn at Palmer Divide was the perfect venue for our Wedding. Everyone involved from planning to the wait staff was outstanding. Our guests made several comments about what a great place it was to have a wedding and they would like to come back for dinner!

Brita · Married on 07/21/2012

Amazing staff! We had no issues with the venue, the food, or the service. I have already recommended The Inn to other friends who are looking for a fuss-free wedding!!

I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at IPD!

Everyone there was very friendly and professional. Tawny, our coordinator, was very helpful, always prompt in her follow-up, and so helpful on our big day with anything we needed.

We served chicken, buffalo, and a vegetarian option. It was anything but your typical wedding banquet food. Everything was prepared in the IPD's restaurant by their master chef. The main courses were outstanding, and the sides were incredible. Several guests said the buffalo was the best they'd ever had, and everyone agreed this was the best wedding food they'd had in a long time. My vegetarian friends said they typically don't enjoy wedding vegetarian plates because they often seem like an after thought (e.g. spaghetti with marinara sauce), but they enjoyed a hearty bowl of grilled seasoned vegetables in a delicious glaze, served over pasta.

The Inn's facilities are beautiful, and the mountain view is second to none.

I give the Inn at Palmer Divide my most enthusiastic recommendation - thank you for everything!

Erin · Married on 06/23/2012

The Inn at Palmer Divide was so great to my husband and I and all of our guests. Every event that they hosted for us was a hit. The food is out of this world and the customer service is untouchable. No one went thirsty or hungry, and they catered to our every need. The ownership is awesome and personable and Lisa kept everything right on track for our perfect fairytale wedding. Thank you so much Inn at Palmer Divide!!

Trevor · Married on 06/10/2012

TOP NOTCH! This place was voted best of the springs for a reason. Everything from the food to the service to the hotel accommodations.

Kristie · Married on 10/15/2011

I loved everything about my wedding. Megan was very helpful and everything was done exactly how we wanted it. The outdoor setting is gorgeous. It is the perfect location if you want to enjoy the Colorado setting without having a rustic feel. We had a lot of family come in from out of town so it was perfect that they could get a room at the location of the wedding and the rooms were very reasonable. The food that was served was a huge hit. Everyone was helpful and friendly and seemed genuinely happy for us, even though they probably see weddings once a week. My new husband and I can honestly say this was the best day of our lives.

Lindsey · Married on 08/14/2011

My husband and I loved the Inn. It was exactly what we were looking for. It is an elegant setting, near our church. We worked with Megan who was amazing, and helped us get everything that we were wanting. The food was amazing, and the reception was so personalized to out tastes. Everyone commented on how beautiful everything looked, and they loved the view off the deck. It was a great setting for out of town guests, to see the beautiful mountains. Many guests also stayed in the Inn, as did my husband and I. It was a nice place to stay, and it was amazing not to have to go anywhere that evening after such a long day.
    We thank the Inn for an amazing wedding reception that was elegant and the perfect atmosphere to celebrate!

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2011

We had a wonderful experience at The Inn at Palmer Divide! We actually used it as a destination wedding, since we are from Texas and wanted to have a smaller, more intimate wedding. We still had about 60 people, and there was PLENTY of room. It was so nice being able to stay at The Inn with all of our family and friends right there with us. We had the rehearsal dinner there the night before, which was wonderful, and then had our wedding on the outdoor patio. They have several ways you can set up your ceremony, and are so helpful in assisting your decisions. They were able to show me pictures of different set ups and explain what had worked best in the past. Everything they did to help us with the wedding set up and the reception really made planning everything a lot easier. We absolutely loved our wedding at The Inn at Palmer Divide and look forward to getting to come back and celebrate many anniversaries!

Kelsie · Married on 08/31/2013

The Inn at Palmer Divide is absolutely GORGEOUS! We grew up in Monument and got engaged at Palmer Lake Reservoir, so the Inn seemed like a perfect fit! Lisa, the event coordinator, is wonderful and the food is absolutely to die for. The serving staff was very friendly and attentive. We played yard games out on the patio and used the amazing scenery as an awesome backdrop for our pictures. I would definitely recommend the Inn to my friends and family. The only thing I would not recommend is the cake chef, use an outside vendor for your cake (they do not charge extra to bring in an outside dessert)! :) Overall, the Inn was darn near perfect and we had an amazing wedding reception!

Angie · Married on 09/29/2012

3.0

Having our wedding reception at the Inn at Palmer Divide was amazing! We were able to decorate the room to fit our needs. Our coordinator at the Inn was amazing to accommodate our wishes specifically. We loved the setting; the food was amazing (albeit expensive), and the staff were all helpful. The only negative, which was huge, was with the manager at The Inn. One of my bridesmaids booked a room the night of the reception. Two days prior to the event, her husband was told that he had to work and wouldn't be able to stay. When my bridesmaid tried to cancel, she was told that because it wasn't a week in advance, she was unable to cancel her reservation. The downside is that we paid thousands of dollars for our reception, and we left with a bad taste because of the service and unflexibility of the manager for a $140 hotel room. This could definitely have been avoided.

• W

wade · event on: 01/06/2012

We were very impressed with our entire stay. The rooms were great, the atmosphere was comfortable and conducive to our meeting and the staff was wonderful to work with. We will definately be back.

corey · Married on 06/11/2014

I loved working with Amanda, she was very helpful. The staff that evening were great and on top of everything!

Ann · Married on 09/20/2013

3.0

Lisa was wonderful. The only complaint I have was with the owner. He promised things that he could not provide. He was not very nice about resolving the situation.

3.6
      3.5

This venue has a beautiful view of the mountains and red rocks all around! We were lucky enough to have decent weather on the day of our event and we married outside against the stunning view. We chose a buffet and the food was outstanding! Service from the waitstaff was very responsive. The signature drink was made flawlessly and tasted great!
    The initial planning process was great. However, declined towards the event. I got a phone call from our planner while on my way to the event demanding to know where I was because we were running late (two hours till ceremony.) I was surprised that the tablecloths and chair covers did not have the wrinkles from the folds steamed out of them. We were lucky enough to notice as we set up the tables that we did not have enough chairs, our head table, nor cake table in the room. We were told they had decided to put the cake in the hallway with the buffet food. They were flexible enough to make the changes for us to get the set up we had talked about. We had a children's table but nobody was told that as the guests came in so I had to run around telling the waitstaff and guests that the seating needed to be changed so my family could sit down! My husband complained that I was not sitting with him and guests were commenting negatively. We were told that we should buy cupcake papers to match the cupcake tower to the cake as well but they were not even put on all the cupcakes. For $6,500 I imagined a higher level of service but I was disappointed. I would suggest that you don't have an extremely high expectation. Overall, I still believe it was a good value for the money. I would suggest planning on telling a family member or your real hired planner what your expectations are so someone other than the bride and groom can ensure that you can have everything go as planned.

Angie · Married on 06/01/2008

2.5
      3.0

When I first went to check it out, I met with the owner. He was very nice and showed us everything! We were excited about the low cost and how polite and accomodating all the staff seemed to be. When it came around my wedding date, I found it hard to get a hold of my "wedding coordinator" who was not very helpful for most of the time. For this reason we began e-mailing back and forth. On my weddng day there was confusion about a number of things due to inability to communicate with her. The screen for my slide show and all sound equipment was not set up, and we had to call the owner to come and bring it 2 hours into the reception. It made it hard to have the dance party I wanted with no epuipment for music. The food was smaller than what we tried at our tasting but still very good. When i was upset and talking to my coordinator after the reception when she wanted payment she was reluctant to apologize and only did so after a family member confronted her about it. In general the location is beautiful and our pictures turned out great! But service was a little disappointing from what we had originally believed we would have. I would still recommend it, but I would be very clear about what you want and make sure you communicate with someone other than the coordinators.

• Little

Little · Married on 07/10/2010

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

I have mixed feelings about the Inn at Palmer Divide. I had my reception there, got married at my church first 20 minutes away. So first, the good:
    The setting was gorgeous. They helped set up everything and it all look so beautiful. The servers were great and friendly, and we personally met the chef at a tasting and he was great. They really worked with us to customize our menu which we appreciated. The food was amazing--French onion soup (the best ever in a restaurant for me), salad and bread, and chicken in a wine sauce. We had great feedback from our guests on the food especially. The room we stayed in at their hotel was very nice and comfortable and was included in our package.

Now the bad:
    First, our wedding was hitting around their busy season, so they were extremely busy. This, I understand. However, they frequently forgot to send us things they said they would and were generally disorganized to communicate with.

Next, at the reception my husband found workers eating our cake. They didn't know he was the groom and when he asked what they were doing they replied, ''eating cake. There was extra.'' I find this extremely unprofessional. If any of them had personally asked I would have been happy to offer them some, but I did not appreciate them digging in to food that was not theirs without permission.

Next, the morning after I realized my shoes were lost. I had taken them off at the reception and had no clue who took them. My husband was called by a groomsmen saying that they were having brunch upstairs and to join them. Now, apparently they had sort of ticked off the owner already which I didn't know, this is important for what happened when we got upstairs...

I had a terrible headache and just wanted some food and to get out of there, and we stood with our friends at their table as they congratulated us. Suddenly, a man who did not identify himself pointed and me and told me I had to get shoes on or leave. I told him I had no shoes and could just sit on the side with my feet under the table. The guys raised their glasses and said, ''Hey man, this is the bride!" My husband raised his hand to introduce us, but the man, who turned out to be the owner interrupted.

He told us that it was nice that I was the bride but I was not welcome unless I had shoes. I told him I understood health regulations (although my feet were very clean, and probably much more so than his nasty shoes I must say) and asked my brother in law if he could get me a pair of his from the car. He said he'd be back in 30 seconds and left. The owner put his hand on my shoulder and in an angry tone told me I had to leave because I didn't have shoes on. I pushed him away, and seeing that everyone in the restaurant was staring felt really embarassed and ran out crying.

I think its fine that he had to go by the rules, and that he was worked up from my husbands friends, but he was pretty rude and made it clear he didn't give two cents about his guests, his guests that had just spent almost $10,000 on his place the night before. He did not introduce himself, congratulate us, or even ask us if we enjoyed our stay. He just tried to grab my arm to force me out. I know the whole incident sounds juvenile, but after how much money we just spent, I expected him to at the very least congratulate us, maybe even care a tiny bit about what we thought of his establishment. I feel less like a guest and more like another dollar in the bank for him.

I was absolutely glowing the night before, ready to write a great review even though it was hard to communicate with the Inn at Palmer Divide. But I'd rather a mean, uncaring man like that not profit from any more brides, so I must say I do not recommend them. You could find better in the Rocky Mountain Area.

Brianna · Married on 09/12/2008

0.4
      0.5

This was the worst experience I have ever had! They made us tailgate at our wedding! Due to budget, we were only having appetizers and desserts at the reception, and we were going to feed the bridal party at the church where we had the ceremony. However, it rained on my wedding day and in order to get the pictures with enough light we had to have our bridal party eat after the pictures. The Inn at Palmer Divide told us we were not allowed to bring the food inside (it was not food for everyone, just the bridal party) so we ended up having to eat in the cold on the back of my father-in-laws pickup.
    Not only that, but they misquoted us the price for the venue. When we signed the contract we were led to believe it would be one price, but they kept adding fees and there was nothing we could do about it because it was too late to book somewhere else!
    WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!