The Inn at Longshore Reviews

61 | Westport, CT

61 Reviews for The Inn at Longshore

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2014

All of the people at Longshore were terrific! Kacy and Laina were responsive to every single detail I requested and were more than willing to bend and accommodate our special requests and needs (everything from menu, dietary needs and set up arrangements). The venue is gorgeous and the food was amazing! Delicious and not too big. Sometimes wedding caters will serve enormous portions that fill you and make you feel overly stuffed, but here they served you just the right amount of food, to satisfy you and leave you feeling well enough to get up and dance! My Dad is still raving about Eddie, the Maître d' and day of coordinator. He was extraordinarily attentive to every request we had and was ready with champagne after we walked down the aisle and brought us a tray of food while we were getting our pictures take during the cocktail hour. I can't say anything negative. I would love to have my my wedding here over and over again!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Alexandra · Married on 09/29/2013

We had the most amazing experience at the Inn at Longshore for our reception. The weather was beautiful which helped but working with everyone was so easy and professional. Kacy was wonderful to work with in planning leading up to the day of and Eddy and Laina were our banquet managers who were exceptional. They stopped in to check with us throughout the night to make sure we were ok. Laina also brought me apps during cocktail hour during pictures which literally was the greatest most wonderful thing on the planet. The night went on without a hitch. The food was awesome and the drinks were fabulous.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Janna · Married on 09/05/2010

The day was gorgeous and the staff, specifically Kacy was wonderful. She answered the plethora of questions we had when trying to decide on a menu and come up with alternative options. The day turned out beautiful and the staff the day of were great. They were attentive, professional, and made myself and now husband feel taken care of.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/03/2008

I always dreamed of a beautiful outdoor wedding by the water and Longshore provided that for us. The location was perfect and we got a lot of help from the staff leading up to the day and during the ceremony and reception. It felt very private and exclusive because we were the only wedding there for the entire day. I would reccomend reserving a room to stay in to get ready in and then stay the night. The sushi table at the cocktail hour was a big hit!

Sent on 09/23/2008

We couldn't be happier that we chose to hold our wedding reception at the Inn at Longshore. It is an absolutely beautiful location but it's the service that blew us away. Kacy and Christine were wonderful to work with, incredibly responsive, reliable and professional. And Laina and Eddy were just terrific on our wedding day. I never had to look far if I needed them for anything and they were constantly checking in with both me and my husband which really impressed us. Everything exceeded our expectations and our guests were so impressed with the food, service and venue space.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Mary · Married on 09/24/2016

There is no place more beautiful than The Inn at Longshore! Between the golf course in the front and the stunning long island sound in the back, it is perfectly situated. We knew we wanted to book there as soon as we did our tour with Christine. She knew what she was talking about and was very hands on initially. We then worked with an in-house coordinator, Julia Criscione, who was excellent. Julia was accommodating and offered her opinions only when asked or needed. She was truly a joy to work with. She helped us pick the menu, offered vendor opinions, and even was able to get rose and Bud Light (request of the groom) in special just for our wedding. Unfortunately, Julia left her position shortly before our wedding, which made me very nervous before our wedding. However, we again were in excellent hands with our new in-house coordinator, Laina Mills. I loved also working with Laina! She is smart, detail oriented, and truly listens to your vision. She made sure I had all of my dietary restrictions covered for the day as well as our delicious signature cocktail. The day-of went by perfectly. Longshore ran the wedding in the most organized and classy way I've ever seen. The staff truly make the place! Food was amazing! People still rave about the food to me, especially the mac and cheese bar. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and efficiency. What a perfect place to get married! I'd recommend it to anyone looking at a venue in CT.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/06/2013

3.5

We recently got married at the Inn and it was absolutely the best day of my life. Kacy was great to work with regarding every detail leading up to the wedding, Eddie and Laina were absolutely incredible to work with as day of event managers. The entire day went off without any issues, not to mention all the food was great! I would HIGHLY recommend The Inn to anyone looking to have a beautiful ocean view wedding and fabulous ballroom!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Amy · Married on 09/28/2013

4.2

I loved getting married at Longshore. I grew up attending events there and so it was very meaningful to have such a momentous personal event of my own there. The setting is obviously gorgeous and that is what initially drew us in. However, for the over a year long period from when we first visited to the day of the wedding, working with Longshore was a wonderful experience.

We were planning from across the country, so we did a lot emailing! The staff person assigned to us was VERY patient with all of my questions about every detail and always answered me promptly. They accomodated so many requests and were flexible with us. We had done our own centerpeices, so we had a lot of things to drop off and they set everything up for us. It was so nice to be able to do that and know it was taken care of.

I stayed in the guest suite the night before the wedding which was nice because I got to get ready there in the morning. We got married outside at 11:30 AM and the cocktail hour/reception was 12-5 -- I highly recommend this as it allowed everyone to enjoy the beatiful veiws of the Long Island Sound the entire time - many of our guests took breaks during the reception to go outside and sit in the adirondeck chairs.

The staff person taking care of us the day of the wedding was amazing. He was so calm and made sure everything was happening as it should and that my wife and I were well taken care of (champagne and food was available to us at all times).

I do want to mention that mine was a same sex wedding, and that that was a non-issue for Longshore. Everyone we worked with was professional and lovely and it was never a big deal or uncomfortable.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/12/2005

This was a beautiful spot for our ceremony! The staff was great and food was good. Only complaint is that during the cocktail hour the line for drinks was a bit long...

Sent on 05/13/2008

Kristina · Married on 02/16/2008

3.8
      3.0

We absolutely had the most amazing wedding day. The day-of Inn at Longshore staff is incredible! They are professional, responsive, flexible, helpful, friendly and most importantly took care of our every need that day! The food was outstanding and service wonderful. Leading up to our wedding day was the challenge. Our sales manager, Kim was difficult to work with. She is not very accomodating and had an attitude. I am a corporate event planner, so I was very organized and was very easy to work with. I did not let her attitude get in our way and was very kind to her. The reason we put up with her attitude was because of the feedback I had from other brides that said that the day -of was outstanding and just to get through working with her! The Inn is lucky to have a fabulous staff for the day-of, because that is what brings the events to them. We were the only event on the day of our wedding but she gave our friend who made our cake a hard time about bringing it early. She said she could only come at 5pm (well that is when the ceremony started and she was apart of that). Our friend asked if she had suggestions and Kim told her to contact a bakery! Thank goodness our florist rocked and they helped out. Needless to say, I would recommend the venue for the day - of, facility and event staff. Put on a happy face and don't let Kim ruin your experience!

Sent on 03/06/2008

Kristin · Married on 07/01/2011

3.6
      1.5
      3.5

I loved this location for the reason it was on the water and what a spectacular view it had. I really like the women Christine and Kacy that I worked with. BUT on the day of my wedding I did not feel very loved. The waitstaff was horrible. I had a list of things I specifically wanted the day of. One was an attendent to follow me, my husband and wedding party around with Hor derves during the cocktail hour and to get drinks while pictures were being taken. One of my bridesmaids actually was getting everyone drinks and food. One of my wedding cakes had a peanut butter buttercream in it. After cutting the cake I was sure to tell two of the waitstaff as well as the matre D to ask about food allergies before serving the cake because we had people with peanut allergies. THEY DID NOT ASK ANYONE. We almost had an medical emergancy. There was no one tending to the buffet station and people were left without food on more than one occasion. My father could not get as they broke down the cocktail hour bar. My sister had to serve herself to get my fathers wine. There was no one to get a plate for me or my husband at the reception and when we finally did get a plate everything was cold. The food was very good however and I actually went up myself to get seconds (hot). The atmosphere was amazing they just really need to train their waitstaff. The scenery and pictures were worth the horrible service.

Sent on 10/11/2011