The Inn at Longshore Reviews

61 | Westport, CT

61 Reviews for The Inn at Longshore

Shauna · Married on 09/25/2015

Nothing makes a bride happier than hearing the words "best wedding ever!" from her guests. I cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding was at The Inn at Longshore. The staff there is fantastic; they are super responsive, and they were a pleasure to work with from our first meeting to the close of the reception. We were lucky to have a beautiful fall day, and the pictures I have seen so far are gorgeous - what a background! I have heard nothing but positive feedback from guests about just how lovely the venue was in general, but also guests were raving about the cocktail hour and the excellent service in particular. I heard from a ton of people how impressive the cocktail hour was. The passed hors d'oeuvres were high quality, delicious, and came around frequently. Guests said they didn't have to wait for anything the entire night, and there was never a line at the bar. We loved the look of the ballroom in general for the reception, but we especially loved that there is a stage area for a band to setup. The whole day ran very smoothly from start to finish. I really could go on and on, but to sum up, I would recommend the Inn at Longshore to brides in a heartbeat. I hope I am able to attend a wedding there one day so I can eat more food :-)

Sent on 10/13/2015

Amy · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I got married at the Inn at Longshore on 8/8/15 and it was the wedding of our dreams. The day we went to visit the venue we knew it was perfect for us. You cannot beat the view on the lawn. We had both our ceremony and our reception here. Everyone at the Longshore are so friendly and really catered to our needs. Laina and Eddie did an amazing job and were so helpful on the day of our wedding. We have received so many compliments about the location, venue and food. I am so happy that we chose the Inn at Longshore to have our wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/30/2015

We selected the Inn at Longshore almost 15 months in advance of our wedding on a rainy day in March. It didn't matter that the weather was poor when we toured the Inn because this venue has that CT shoreline charm inside and out. I was convinced It would rain on our wedding day so this was a big factor for us - the venue needed to be beautiful rain or shine. We did luck out with a spectacular spring day which only helped to elevate our already wonderful experience. Everyone that we spoke to at Longshore when booking our wedding and the lead-up to it, Christine and Kacy, were professionals and friendly. They answered our questions so quickly and entertained a few extra in person visits from either us or my parents who lived close by (their only daughter was getting married, these things happen!) Eddie and Laina, our day of staff, were also great. They made sure we ate at cocktail hour, wrestled some lobster rolls way from our guests who couldn't stop eating them, along with all of the other delicious food.
    I wish I could go back in time, skip the other 10 venues we looked at first and go straight to Longshore and go have another epic party with all the people we love!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Jackie · Married on 12/31/2014

We recently celebrated our wedding at the Inn at Longshore on NYE, and it was the most amazing day of our lives. The staff at the Inn made sure the day went perfectly from start to finish. We were met at the door with champagne in hand and from then on treated like royalty. All of our guests had the most amazing time, the food was excellent, the drinks were flowing, and the venue looked beautiful. All of the staff at the Inn worked hard to make sure our day was everything we had imagined. I highly recommend the Inn at Longshore as a venue. If I could do it again, I would chose them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/19/2015

The Inn at Longshore did an amazing job for our wedding. We had our ceremony and reception there and the staff was professional friendly and attentive. Laina especially did a great job tending to all of our needs and making sure our bridal party was where they needed to be. This is a great location for anyone to have their wedding

Sent on 05/03/2014

Kelly · Married on 02/01/2014

I am so happy I chose the Inn at Longshore as my wedding venue. The team was incredible to work with. I planned the wedding from out of state and Kacy at The Inn at Longshore made my planning a breeze. She answered emails very quickly and was always in contact with me. Eddie was with us the night of the wedding and was fabulous to work with. He made our night so easy and was a pleasure to have by our side. I feel like the team at The Inn at Longshore really want the bride and groom to be present in the moment and enjoy their night. They take care of all the little things so you don't have to and really go above and beyond your expectations. They blew us away and I could not be happier with them.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Lindsey · Married on 01/31/2014

I had my wedding at the Inn @ Longshore on New Years Eve and it was the most incredible night. I have not one complaint. The Inn @ longshore was spectacular and everything went perfectly. I didn't have to worry about a thing, if there was a problem I did not know anything about it. The team @ longshore was incredible, I couldn't have asked for anything more. The months leading up to the event Kacy was always available to answer my questions and extremely helpful. The day of Eddie was my event manager and he was so wonderful to work it. He took care of everything and did so effortlessly. He was extremely professional. We arrived at the venue early to take pictures and the room looked amazing thanks to the staff's hard work. The fact that the room was all set up made it easy for the bridal party to take pictures so fast and be able to attend cocktail hour. Both bars were open during cocktail hour and guests were served often and fast. The food came out steadily and everyone was happy and full. Dinner was served quick and the bar stayed opened the entire dinner which was great for my guests. I have not one complaint and can not think of one moment the entire night where I was unhappy with the service. I would recommend the Longshore for any event.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Couldn't have picked a better place for our November wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Eileen · Married on 10/05/2013

We had our wedding at the Inn at Longshore and it was absolutely perfect!! The views, the ambiance, the staff and the food were all fantastic! Leading up to our wedding day, Kacy was very prompt with responding to e-mails and was always available to answer any of our questions. The day of our wedding went so smoothly thanks to our day of coordinators, Laina and Eddie. They were always right there making sure we had everything we needed. Even while we were off taking pictures, they were there asking if we wanted anything from our cocktail hour or any drinks. We got the most beautiful pictures on the Inn’s lawn. Our guests still tell us how beautiful our venue was and rave about the food. We can’t thank the staff enough for being so attentive and making all of our wedding day dreams come true!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Where do I even start? This venue is amazing. From the very beginning walking onto the lawn at Longshore my husband and I knew we wanted to get married here. This place is unbelievable. Christine and Kacy were so amazing to work with. We had our ceremony outside as well as our cocktail hour. Cocktail hour was OFF the charts amazing, everyone is still raving about the food. We had our reception in the ballroom inside which was gorgeous! We had a choice of prime rib or chicken for dinner, the prime rib was the largest cut I've ever seen, our guests were blown away! As the bride and groom we were very impressed by the day of coordinators, Eddie and Laina. They were so great making sure we were able to eat and enjoy our day. Overall I wouldn't change a thing! We had a Saturday night wedding and I won't lie I was a bit nervous as there was a short amount of time for them to turnover the ballroom from the Saturday day wedding. The team at Longshore was able to pull it off amazingly, I was truly blown away. I would highly recommend this venue, I wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/01/2013

We recently had our wedding at Longshore and were so impressed with the staff and venue. The staff was very helpful from start to finish.
    The good:
    Casey, their event coordinator, was very responsive to my numerous inquiries
    The food was great, and we had numerous people comment on how good it was from the appetizers to the served meal
    Our ceremony outside was beautiful overlooking the water
    The staff brought us champagne to oats with as we got ready in the bridal suite
    Complimentary bridal suite to get ready in and/or stay over in after the wedding
    I didn't even realize they were going to have lemonade and iced tea set out at our reception which was very nice/cute
    Though they say vendors can only arrive 2 hours before the wedding they allowed mine much more time(they only had my wedding on Sunday, but they have 2 weddings per Saturday which is probably why they have this "rule")
    Rooms are very spacious
    The bad:
    Bed in bridal suite wasn't very comfortable and could probably use an update/new mattress
    The tasting only gives you limited food to taste so we weren't able to know what some dishes would taste like. And they serve the most expensive item on the menu so we ended up choosing that feeling nervous about what other items would be like. We picked the duet of filet/sea bass which was great, the chicken breast which we never tasted but seemed to be left on various guests plates- it was a huuuuuge piece of chicken so I'm not sure if it was just too much or not great? And lastly we picked the vegetarian ravioli which was also very good. All our hors d'oeuvres were good too (got a lot of positive comments about them and the food in general) but again, only picked ones we really liked at the tasting
    The linens they have aren't very nice so we ended up paying for custom ones
    We also paid for lighting as we didn't love the lighting as is

All in all we were very, very happy with the venue and our guests were too.

Sent on 10/04/2013

It was an absolute pleasure working with the Inn at Longshore team. The entire process beginning to end was so high quality- we were blown away. Any details or issues I was worried about quickly became Longshore's issue- they were completely on top of every single detail! We had rain for most of the day the day of the wedding, but because they are so flexible and such pros, they were able to wait out the bad weather and set up in time so that my ceremony was absolutely beautiful and outside- with a rainbow! I didn't even have to think about it or worry. My only advice to brides would be: If you have a large wedding party and are bringing in hair/makeup people, make sure you have enough time to get ready during the day. Most of their rooms aren't ready until 2pm so you might want to consider booking a room the night before and day of to get ready in- that way you can start as early as you want. Otherwise, if you don't have a lot of people it would take less time so wouldn't even be an issue. Love Longshore- our guests raved about the food, service and view!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Kate · Married on 07/28/2013

My husband and I got married at Longshore this past weekend. I'd always dreamed of getting married outside overlooking the water so as soon as we got engaged, I thought of Longshore. Everyone couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating throughout our planning. We sent Kacy, the Events director, a barrage of questions throughout the months leading up to our wedding and she patiently took the time to answer all of our questions every step of the way. The tasting was very fun and a great preview of our event. When it came time for the day of our wedding, the service at Longshore was extremely professional and accomodating at every step of the big day. We really wanted an outdoor ceremony and the weather was iffy. Eddie, the banquet manager, really listened to our requests and set up both indoor and outdoor alternatives so as to be the most flexible and therefore, the staff was prepped and ready for us to have the outdoor ceremony that we'd planned. Throughout the wedding night, Eddie checked in on us, getting us the food we wanted from various stations to making sure the night went smoothly. From the front desk down to the servers, everyone we encountered at Longshore could not have been more helpful. The setting was so beautiful and we are so glad we chose Longshore for our big day!

Sent on 08/08/2013

dina · Married on 07/13/2013

I knew right away that I wanted to have my wedding at the Inn at Longshore after seeing it's beautiful garden area (even though we visited in the winter). Throughout our year plus of planning the staff was always very quick to respond to any inquiry. As the date approached, the staff and I were in constant contact and I felt totally comfortable that things would run smoothly day of. And they did. Because we were having a larger wedding, both matre 'ds were on hand, and I could go on forever on how wonderful they were. They were extremely attentive, professional, and even fun to be around.

The venue was a bit far for the majority of guests, and therefore, none of them had really been to the venue before. We received so many calls and texts after the wedding saying how wonderful everything was. Guests mentioned that the service was fantastic and the food was delicious, which I was very pleased to hear.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Sage · Married on 07/13/2013

The Inn at Longshore was a special place from the start for me and my husband. We had our first date at Splash, the restaurant attached to the Inn and we got engaged there on our one year anniversary. We always knew we wanted to get married outside at the Inn. Our wedding was beautiful-we received so many compliments from our guests about the venue and the whole experience. The weather didn't look too good first thing in the morning (our ceremony was 11:30am) and the staff was so patient about waiting to make the final decision as to whether we could have our ceremony outside. It ended up clearing up and our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside and everything was perfect. Eddie was incredible and so attentive to us the entire time. Whatever we needed, we had-right away. Kacy was very helpful and always got back to me right away with whatever questions I had prior to the wedding. Overall, I couldn't say enough wonderful things about this beautiful place!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Our daughter & son in law had a church ceremony in Fairfield and their wedding reception at The Inn at Longshore on 7/12/13. From our booking in March 2012, we could not have asked for a more smooth transition beginning with Christine and ending with Kacy. We lucked out with the only cool day in July at 78 degrees and low humidity. Unfortunately, it started to drizzle right before cocktail hour, therefore it had to be indoors. We were able to take pictures quickly outside then join the end of the lively cocktail hour. The reception was perfect, from the food to ambiance. Eddy and the entire staff were more than accomodating the entire evening. We were all extremely happy with our experience at The Inn at Longshore and would highly recommend to future brides.

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 05/25/2013

We loved having our wedding here! The staff was fabulous! They were so easy to work with, attentive and made all of our dreams come true from food and wine selection to setting up the DIY decorations I made and dropped off.

Their flexibility was wonderful and they were always informative and gave lots on resources for us.

We couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else! Even with the rain, the special, sea-side flare was not lost! Plus our pictures came out STUNNING with such beautiful backdrops offered by the location.

Sent on 10/05/2013

I had the wedding of my dreams!! Eddie the event coordinator is truly sensational!!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Gina · Married on 07/29/2011

The Inn at Longshore is the best place for weddings. The grounds and facility are gorgeous with lots of character. The staff is on top of everything and the food is amazing. Everyone at my wedding raved about how great the food and service was. Kacy Fardy-Hey was an the best wedding planner and is familiar with all of the vendors in the business including local hotels and transportation companies for your out of town guests. She helped me plan every last detail! I highly recommend the Inn for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/22/2011

Jackie · Married on 07/08/2011

Inn at Longshore was a great choice for my reception! Even though it rained, the party was so great and so much fun we completely forgot about it. From the very beginning, we were impressed with the manager, Christine Hussey, who showed us around the grounds and answered our initial questions. Then, Kacy, the event coordinator, takes over for planning the details, from menu items to linen colors. She's extremely organized and responsive. The maitre d' was professional and friendly. Food was good, ambiance was great.. semiformal space without being too casual or too stuffy. They way the room is set up guarantees no bad seats or tables. You also get to sleep in the very nice bridal suite that evening. Also want to add that Longshore was very flexible with us in terms of helping us get our photos.. with the rain, we were unable to take pictures on the grounds the day of the wedding, but were able to come back a few days later to photograph. The staff was very accomodating, down to offering us water when we arrived and giving us a private area to change. We wholeheartedly endorse this venue. Books up quickly, so be sure to inquire sooner than later.. we booked about a year away, and we did not have a ton of choices for dates.

Sent on 07/24/2011

Dena · Married on 10/03/2010

our wedding at the inn at longshore was perfect. we chose to have both our ceremony and reception at the inn at longshore because of how beautiful it is both indoors and outdoors. christine hussey and kacy fardy were excellent to work with. kacy was key in helping us plan the perfect day. we were in constant communication via email which was very helpful. she gave me some helpful recommendations in terms of vendors, food choices, etc.
    the venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was SO professional, nice and helpful on our wedding day. we had people constantly asking us if we needed anything.
    our guests commented on how smoothly the day flowed, and we didnt have to worry about a thing. eddie and the rest of the staff made sure everything went seamlessly so that my husband and i would not feel stressed! overall, a great experience!

Sent on 10/17/2010

The Inn at Longshore was a gorgeous venue for our August wedding. As a child, I sailed at the Longshore Sailing School. I always dreamed of getting married on the Inn's lawn overlooking the water.

Throughout the planning process, Christine and Kacy were very helpful and responded quickly to any questions we had. My sister has a severe allergy, and they reassured us that it wouldn't be a problem at all. The tasting is a unique event, which allows the couples to experience Longshore's service, presentation, and food through the eyes of a guest. We loved it! It was like getting a preview of your wedding.

Eddie and staff the night of the event were very professional and did all of the thinking for us, so we could enjoy our day. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were wonderful. The food was delicious, and we received so many compliments. I highly recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Andrea · Married on 03/23/2013

We just had our wedding at The Inn at Lonshore on Saturday, March 23. We could not be happier with how everything came together! Kacy and Christine were so easy to work with and met our requests as best they could. Eddy helped us throughout the entire affair that evening and made sure we had everything we needed. The only difficulty was that there was an event that ended only an hour and 45 minutes before our ceremony was to begin. We had to make sure with all our vendors that they were comfortable with the time allotted for delivery and setting up. Most of our vendors were able to work with the short time frame and the Inn turned the room over so quickly, I didn't have to worry about a thing! Just make sure, if you are having your wedding right after a previous event, that you make this clear to your vendors.

Guests raved about the food and drinks and the quaint coziness of this beautiful venue. The bridal suite was huge and lovely, my wedding party all got ready there. Being the end of March, we did the Winter Package and our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all indoors. Just because this venue is most popular in the summertime, DO NOT rule out The Inn at Longshore if your wedding is in the winter/colder months. Although it was windy and cold outside, we still took lots of phots outside by the water, and they came out beautifully. In addition, with the winter package, we were able to get a great deal on the cost of our wedding. We would not have been able to afford this spectacular venue during the height of their wedding season, and the winter package was perfect for us. Everything was beautiful and we are so thrilled our wedding was at The Inn at Longshore!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Connie · Married on 07/01/2017

Lania Mills at the venue was way beyond fabulous! Her customer service is far better than anything I could have asked for and she made my daughter and I feel that we were the only two customers she had in the world! Highly recommend the venue. The food was fabulous ... we have absolutely no complaints, only good reviews from our experience

Sent on 07/10/2017

Monica · Married on 10/03/2015

We had a the greatest wedding at the Inn at Longshore in October!!! Laina is fantastic and put us at ease throughout the wedding planning process. Her and Eddie were so on point the whole wedding day so we did not have to worry about a thing and got to really relax and enjoy our wedding. Max, the chef, was also great and really listened to all our feedback from the tasting. We got so many compliments from our guests on the food and the venue. The weather didn't cooperate enough for us to have the ceremony and cocktail hour outside but it was still perfect and beautiful inside! We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 11/04/2015