The Inn at Erlowest Reviews

The Inn at Erlowest 4
The Inn at Erlowest 5
The Inn at Erlowest 6
The Inn at Erlowest 7

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Erlowest. The service was outstanding. The coordinator, Alexis Wallace was excellent. She was professional, quick to respond, efficient and courteous and made certain our wedding went off without a glitch. The food was exceptional and our guests all had a wonderful time. Would highly recommend the Inn at Erlowest.

Sent on 05/07/2015

jessica · Married on 10/11/2014

There are no words to describe how beautiful this stone mansion sitting on the edge of lake george is. From the second you drive up, your guests will be floored. My wedding has not happened yet, but any guest I bring with me to see the location is amazed before we ever get out of the car. Alexis Wallace, the coordinator for the bridal events there, is very sweet and extremely knowledgable. She has helped my fiancé and I make sure our October wedding is exactly how we want it to be, from making great locations on site to recommending other places we should use during the entire weekend (rehearsal dinner, after party, etc). They are expensive, but not compared to how beautiful the location is and how well they treat you. If you want the total wedding package and want it to really amaze your guests, this is the place.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2011

The Inn at Erlowest did an amazzing job with our wedding and ceremony. We had a small, intimate ceremony with family only and everything was perfect! They treated our wedding no different than if it were a large 200 person wedding. Every single detail was perfect.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Emily · Married on 06/09/2013

We had a Sunday Brunch Wedding at the Erlowest, and it was absolutely beautiful. They added some of their own touches to the ceremony space and it was even more beautiful than we expected, even with the gorgeous views. The food was phenomenal, the bartender Ian, was exceptional. We had a little lag time because the previous wedding coordinator had suddenly resigned. She left little information of our plan, and we had to start over with Tom, the manager but he was attentive and courteous. The new coordinator, Alexis (I think that's her name!), did a wonderful job, especially since we met her the night of the rehearsal! We would definitely recommend this venue to our friends and family, and the day was perfect for us!

Sent on 06/10/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/09/2011

The Inn was amazing, classical and a perfect venue for a Lake George Wedding. it was the best day of our lives. Erin Dewey, the wedding coordinator on site was absolutely one of a kind in her personality, responsivenss and overall attitude! We just adore her and she made the wedding amazing.

Sent on 10/15/2011
  • User4319830 · 2+ years ago

3.5

My daughter was married at the Inn at Erlowest on 6/6/15. From the moment we started planning the ceremony and reception, the staff under the professional leadership of Alexis Wallace,could not have been more helpful.This made the whole experience enjoyable and stress free. The ceremony down at the point on the lake was incredible with the lake and mountains as a backdrop. The reception to follow was just as incredible with every detail being attended to. The food was excellent ,waitstaff and bartenders very friendly,and of course the large ballroom ellegant. We elected to stay at the Inn both Friday and Saturday,and this was the best decision we could have made. The rooms are stunning, relaxing, and made for a stay that we will always remember. We have lived in the Lake George area our entire lives, and believe me, there is no wedding venue that can even compare with the Inn at Erlowest. Do yourself a favor and visit this beautiful queen anne style historic Inn that used to be part of millionaires row and home of William Shepherd,

Sent on 06/13/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2014

The Inn at Erlowest was gorgeous venue and the food was great. We heard no complaints from our guests. Alexis was amazing to work with and was very helpful! Although there are a few things I would like to comment on that I feel for future weddings should be taken into consideration. After the reception was over with, we were told the cash bar would be open for an hour so guest including us (bride and groom) could have some drinks at the bar. The bar was closed and I had to ask to have the wine and beer that was left over to be put out on the patio for an hour or so. Which was nice that they took care of us but I was really annoyed that I had to even say this and chase someone down. As far as the centerpieces just being left in the reception area for me to pick up the next day. I really wish someone would of asked us if the guest would like to take these home when the reception was over with, as most of the flowers were left to be thrown away. We never got our wedding cake or cookies that were left over from the reception. I had to call and come back again the next day for them after the wedding. I was a little annoyed that they only put one tray of cookies out and I wanted them to put out the two trays that were delivered. Moving forward, we had an amazing time and were able to visit with our guest that were there a little later and who were staying at the Erlowest. So it did work out in the end. Please take my feedback as constructive criticism for your future wedding. As you can a imagine couples put in a tremendous amount of time, effort and money into these few hours.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Tami · Married on 05/24/2014

I had both my ceremony and my reception at the Inn at Erlowest. In addition, we reserved all 10 suites in the Inn for the night of the wedding (and most of the weekend) and we had the Inn provide a buffet brunch the next morning. Overall, I was extremely happy with Erlowest. The food, even when cooked for 140+ guests, was very very good and the presentation was excellent. I also felt the morning-after brunch, for which the Inn cut me a deal of $20 per estimated person, was great ( especially given what we would have paid, for worse ambiance and food, to rent some space at a local breakfast place). The rooms and guest services were also fantastic. Little details that I specifically mentioned to the wedding planner, she made happen (as in, the way I wanted to process, etc). She kept us on schedule and got all the vendors where they needed to be, no problem; I was quite relaxed the day of the wedding. I have only two small complaints. First, although my wedding booked out the Inn and I paid for open bar, a couple of my guests wandered into the Inn's private bar room and were charged for their drinks (instead of being redirected to the bars set up for the reception). Second, although Erlowest knew I had a cake with four layers and four different flavors, they randomly served only one flavor to each table. Since we ordered the entire cake to be cut anyway, I expected the catering staff to put out an assortment of cake slices on a dessert table and allow my guests to choose what they wanted. However, I am sure that if I had actually brought this up with the wedding planner in advance, it would have gone how I wanted. Erlowest was very responsive; you just have to make sure you communicate what you want.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Erin · Married on 06/21/2013

3.5

Despite a few hurdles in the planning process (i.e., lag time because the wedding coordinator suddenly resigned a month before my wedding, and left little information while I was trying to coordinate a meeting with them), the crew at Erlowest did everything they could to provide us with the wedding of our dreams. The general manager, banquet manager, and events crew were all very accommodating. When we had some large conflicts getting guest accommodations with their business partner (Sun Castle Resorts), they made a strong effort to get all of the details stemming from the difficulties, apologized for the trouble, and made it up to us (although we never heard from Sun Castle). They were extremely flexible with the packages, the food, the cake, and all of the fine-tuned details from the event. The bartenders were also excellent. At the end of the night, they gave two of our guests permission to perform "New York State of Mind" on the piano in the entryway for us, which we'll never forget. The guests were all so excited for a wedding on the lake and a reception in a castle, and we all left with some really excellent memories from the night.

One downside: we didn't get any leftover cake, which we were really hoping for (I was too busy to eat it during the wedding itself!)

Sent on 06/24/2013

K · Married on 12/11/2010

My husband and I were recently married at the Inn at Erlowest. It was a beautiful affair, and the staff really pulled it off on our special day. The only small criticism we have was an occasional lack of responsiveness during the planning process, but otherwise we have zero complaints about the Inn or its staff. We reserved all of the suites in the Inn for our immediate family/friends, and can attest to the professionalism of the accomodations team, especially in dealing with a snafu the morning of the wedding where one of our guests had to be relocated. Debbie Regan dealt with it quickly, efficiently and to the satisfaction of everyone involved. Our guests were welcomed warmly both for their stay and for our ceremony/reception that evening, and the food was outstanding.

Sent on 12/15/2010

Elisabeth · Married on 10/16/2010

3.0

We held our reception at the Inn at Erlowest and had a lovely day. Staff was helpful, courteous, the food was delicious, and the accomodations were very nice. It is very expensive, however.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Pamela · Married on 09/27/2013

3.8
      3.0

This review was a struggle for me because we have so many mixed emotions towards the Erlowest. Bill & I decided on this magical location in December.

First the Bad: When we signed our contract, Erin Dewey & Tom Wysocki were both in management. Throughout our 9 month engagement, both our wedding coordinator changed (to Alexis Wallace) and the Inn's manager (to Jim Chiaravelle). We planned our wedding from a distance (Philadelphia) and with management changing, it was a real challenge. Communications would average around a week to ten days for an email response, and often when we called the Inn, we had to leave messages. I know there are definitely some growing pains with the new ownership and the management changing, but it shows. It was very stressful waiting a week for every question, and not knowing who was in charge on what day. We also experienced some sub-par customer service at the front desk in dealing with our guests. That was really upsetting after all the money put out.

The good: The end result was perfect, it was just stressful getting there. Alexis is really sweet as she settles into her role and Jim is very nice. They both worked with us, especially when we were on-site, to ensure that our day went as smoothly as possible. Alexis held a thorough meeting to go over the layout and make sure everything was all set.

Overall, we were really pleased with our big day and so happy we had it at the Erlowest. However, there are some definite growing pains that the venue is working through. If you are diligent about communicating and checking in regularly, the event will go fine- but make sure you are aware that you may not have the quickest turnaround with some questions as they work towards re-building their staff.

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • W

Brigid · Married on 06/19/2010

3.4
      3.0

We had both our ceremony and reception here, and many of our out of town guests stayed on the propery either in the inn or in the many townhomes and cabins that they have for rent. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and the food was amazing. Haleigh was very helpful with all of the planning. However, the rest of the staff was less than courteous and made many of my family members feel like they were doing us a favor by helping us with basic things like checking in and out. A little courtesy goes a long way, especially when you are charging your guests over $400 a night.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Kate · Married on 12/28/2010

3.2
      2.0

To start with the good things:
    - food was incredible. My guests still talk about the food
    - location. Location. Location. The property is beautiful and my photographer had no trouble at all capturing outstanding photos. We have enlargements of out wedding photos all over our house and people we meet and invite over rave about how beautiful everything was
    - value wasn't bad. We got married midweek in the winter and the Inn was willing to work with us on the pricing to make it doable. It was above our original budget, but we felt the sacrifice was worth it.

The concerns:
    - organization. Throughout the planning process there were a number of times that I did not get responses in a timely fashion (a week or more). Then Haleigh was deployed, which I understand completely (I married into the army myself). We were assured that our wedding would be handled by another gentleman who's name I've forgotten. I talked to the man on the phone, and followed up in writing to gain agreement on everything we discussed. I drove the three hours for a couple of meetings to make sure we were still on the same page. Yet still, on my wedding day things were changed at the last minute. One example was we had agreed that the library would be reserved for the bridal party for the flock tail hour. I thought it was important to spend that extra time with our attendants. My husband and I were the last to leave the church and so the last to arrive at the Inn only to find our bridal party aimless ding awkwardly in the front room. The library had not been reserved and other Inn guests were in there. We were told that the Inn had other guests that needed to be accommodated. I would have been ok with that had it been discussed up front, rather than being a last minute thing,
    - service. I was willing to pay extra for the "tableside ordering" which allowed me to not have to collect entre choices. Less stress for me, right? There was one exception... My 15-16 year old nephews and nieces wanted adult food (who could blame them? The food was great!) I discussed this with both Haleigh and the gentleman and both agreed to the accommodation, charging me the difference in the meals, of course. I drew up specific seating plans and highlighted the seats of these special cases. I had just sat down for the first time that day and was about to bite into my amazing looking sea bass when my nephew came to me and told me the waitress was insisting on giving him pizza. I found myself having to actually follow the waitress into the kitchen, and wait for her to "verify" the accommodation
    - common sense. Another extra we added on was a "bridal suite picnic" to be waiting for us in our room following our reception. We understood that we probably wouldn't have time to eat at the reception as is the case of most couples. We paid $100 for this "picnic" (in reality, leftovers, I know, but I knew we'd be hungry, so it was worth it) however we were followed up to our room after we left our reception by the inn's host who told us that the picnic would be up in 20 minutes or so. How to put this delicately... It was our wedding night... Come in 20 minutes? No thanks. So, $100 down the drain there, no picnic for us.
    - consideration. I had no trouble being a DIY bride. The budget was tight and we had to do some stuff ourselves. We got a deal by buying our tablecloths rather than renting them from the inn at $20 a pop. When I had my final meeting with the inn's host, I asked him if the staff there would press the tablecloths first since I knew they'd be creased. I was assured they would. I even offered to do it myself, not wanting to put too much on the Inn. U was assured a second time that it was no trouble. Yeah, the tablecloths never got pressed. They were creased and puckered up in places. It was irksome. Not the biggest deal in the world, but if you say you'll do something, well, am I naive to think it'll be done?

In spite of these things, I'd still recommend the Inn... As long as you have a wedding coordinator to work with them for you. Without that, it wasn't worth the stress.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2016

2.6
      2.5
      1.0

Our wedding was beautiful. However our wedding planner was not at our wedding. She was on vacation which was very well planned ahead of time. Nobody informed us. A lot of little details were missing and we did not ask for a lot. The security Laurie Jones was not very nice to our groomsman. I had a plan over again I would not choose this venue.

Sent on 11/25/2017

David · Married on 09/25/2010

0.6
      1.0
      0.0

Very, very bad. There were about 150 in at wedding and only 100 seats for the wedding ceremony. The waitress for our table was the rudest waitress I have ever encountered. When someone at our table confronted her on her rudeness, the waitress tried to get that family member cut off at the bar (after only 2 beers over a 2 hour period). The food was below average. The place is nice and has nice views. I would not recomend this place to anyone.

Sent on 09/27/2010

The Inn at Erlowest's reply:

Some decisions are not made by a venue. The number of chairs provided for a ceremony is determined by the client as they are rentals with applicable fees. If the client feels that renting seats for all guests for an extremely short ceremony that is certainly their right and not in any way the neglect of the venue.

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2010

0.0

If you like being mistreated, yelled at and ignored, this is the place for you.

Sent on 12/01/2010