The Ideal Day Reviews

14 | Chicago, IL

14 Reviews for The Ideal Day

Sara · Married on 03/25/2017

We cannot say enough good things about our experience working with The Ideal Day! Laura is everything you could want in a planner. She was able to answer every question and address every issue (real and imagined). We were so thankful to have Laura's guidance in selecting our amazing vendors. She took care to recommend vendors that fit with our vision and personalities. She knows how to assist in assembling an amazing team!

Laura was constantly checking in with us and available to communicate in person, on the phone and via email. Every meeting and conversation was productive and gave us the reassurance that we were working with a true professional. She provided us with organized timelines for our wedding day for ourselves, our vendors and our wedding party. If anything went wrong on our wedding day we will never know, Laura handled every detail and her execution was impeccable.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Julia · Married on 06/20/2015

Bridget and Laura are the BEST. We changed (okay, fired) our not-so-great wedding coordinator halfway through the planning process and they came to the rescue as sane, competent and all-around awesome people who helped us with every last detail (and there were lots). They were patient with our many questions and the many lists/spreadsheets we sent their way. They coordinated pickup/drop-off of our decor the week of and took care of the details, like dropping off gift bags at our hotels. On the day of, Bridget was totally calm and collected and helped with my dress when it needed to be re-pinned, as well as took all the extra "stuff" back to our apartment so we didn't have to worry about it that night. We were SO happy to have their help and so glad we could focus on enjoying our day because of them. I highly recommend using them as your "day of" planner!

Sent on 07/16/2015

I chose The Ideal Day because I needed a Day of Coordinator (DOC) for my wedding ceremony. My reception location had it's own event organizer. The chapel was a self-service one so any decorations or set-ups had to be done by me and my fiancé. I knew I couldn't handle everything so The Ideal Day offered just what I needed. I worked with Laura primarily up until the wedding but another person was going to be my DOC. We had a meet-n-greet at the chapel about a month before the wedding day with Laura and Bridget. They were both easy going, understanding and helped with where we should place things on the altar, etc. I felt very confident that Bridget was going to have my back. The day of the wedding, Bridget was there early waiting for the florist and to start putting up the decorations. She also helped me get dressed. She seemed to be in many places at once yet she never seemed stressed. Both my fiancé and I had wardrobe malfunctions and Bridget came to the rescue for both of us. She help us keep to our timeline which was important to us. At the end of the ceremony, she quickly had everything packed up and in the limo before I realized what was going on.
    Absolutely fantastic service from both Laura and Bridget. We couldn't have done it without you two. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/01/2014

Laura made my wedding planning, rehearsal, and wedding day beyond stress free. Her warmth, organization, and professionalism was so wonderful to work with! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a "friend" to help plan and execute the most perfect day!

Sent on 03/17/2015

Madeline · Married on 09/06/2014

My wedding went off without a hitch thank to Laura and her assistant at The Ideal Day! Laura was amazing to work with and I don't know what I would have done without her! She was extremely personable and friendly when we first met and put me at ease right away with her experience and all the services she could offer. I knew we would be in extremely good hands. Planning a wedding can be very overwhelming and she was extremely helpful and offered tips and suggestions. Her help leading up to the big day and on the day itself was beyond words. There are so many little details that go into making a wedding run smoothly and she made sure everything went as perfectly as I wanted and had planned with little to no stress to me. She was a dream to work with and worth every penny!!

Sent on 09/23/2014

We're so glad we had Laura as our coordinator! She, and her assistant Bridget, are so nice and professional. They really made our day go so well, despite weather-related and other hiccups.

Laura worked closely with us in the lead-up to the wedding, even though we were planning from a distance and had only one in-person meeting before the rehearsal. She had great suggestions for vendors and decor, incorporated our sometimes oddball suggestions and requests in her very helpful timeline, and was much more than a day-of coordinator. She worked marvelously with our other vendors and was just so ON IT on the wedding day itself. Everything looked fantastic. We would not hesitate to recommend Laura to anyone else getting married in the Chicago area.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Laura is a wonderful person and wedding coordinator and we were lucky to have her! We planned our Chicagoland wedding from out of town and she was helpful in maximizing our visits with her and our vendors. Early on she made great vendor recommendations which saved us lots of time and money! She's open to all of your ideas and executes everything perfectly! Everyone was able to enjoy the day more and have less to worry about because she and her assistant were there to manage the vendors and timeline.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Laura Patterson is easy to communicate with, intuitive, fun, energetic and flexible to work with. She handled meetings and coordination in a very professional manner and kept detailed records and notes throughout the planning process. We had a short time-line to work with and she kept nerves and worries under control with grace and a positive, helpful attitude. The wedding rehearsal, ceremony and reception went off beautifully-everyone had a wonderful time and the bride, groom and bridal party were confident she was on top of every detail. (even those we weren't aware of!)

Sent on 07/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/22/2013

AMAZING! Seriously, Laura is flat out amazing! We hired Laura as our day of wedding coordinator, but I honestly feel that is not an appropriate description for all that she did for us, she did SO much more that!

To start from the beginning, I met with Laura about 7 months before our wedding and knew right away I'd be in good hands with her on our wedding day. From the start she got me thinking about things I hadn't thought of yet, and had example time lines for me to look at, so I knew what to expect on our wedding day. Like I said, I only hired her as our day of coordinator, but right away she was helping me along. She gave me great reccomendations for alterations, for hair and make-up, etc. She was always willing to help with whatever came up, no matter where I was in the planning process.

For our wedding, we had mostly out of town guests, so I had this grand idea to have ALL 180 of our guests ride in a trolley for a little tour of downtown. Laura helped me execute this, and she made it look easy. She never once said, "that's not possible, or that's not in my job description". I felt like she wanted me to have the wedding of my dreams, and would do whatever she could to make that happen. Somehow, in the midst of setting everything up, and executing everything, she was always there to give me updates, to calm me down, and to make sure I was having fun! She literally was 10 places at once, I swear!

If I can give one piece of advice to future brides out there.... it's hire Laura! Seriously, I feel like as a bride you can have 1,000 great, fun, creative, and unique ideas... but you need someone to help see those through. You need someone who can be seeing that your ideas are brought to life smoothly, so you can simply enjoy your day. Laura has this skill perfected, and she manages to do it with the sweetest smile! She's amazing.... have I said that yet??

Sent on 07/26/2013

halley · Married on 08/06/2011

until about six months before my wedding, i thought that i didn't want or need a day-of-coordinator for the big day... boy, was i wrong. as the "to do" items for the day began to add up, we realized we definitely needed someone to handle things at our wedding. after contacting a few day-of-coordinators, my husband and i decided on laura and the ideal day... she was prompt to respond and extremely personable (even through email, which i found not to be the case with many people). laura does so much more than just "day-of" coordination. she really helps you organize everything and creates an extremely detailed timeline for the wedding rehearsal through the last dance. since our wedding was the first among my group of friends, i had about a million questions for laura -- all of which she answered quickly, professionally and kindly (no matter how silly). when my makeup artist bailed on my two weeks before my wedding, laura was ready with a recommendation who turned out to be even better than my first artist. after every conversation/email/phone call with laura, i felt more and more relief about our wedding... the stress had been lifted and all thanks to her!! i have told all of my friends/family in chicago that whenever they get married, they are forbidden from using anyone besides laura for their wedding - she is truly the best and will totally put your minds at ease before and during your wedding. oh yea - my husband's favorite thing about laura: the first time we met, she offered him a beer.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2011

Wow, I'm so glad I get to write Laura's first review!! We hired Laura as a DOC for our wedding. She was so easy to get along with, and was very receptive to the things we wanted / liked / and were most important to us. About 6 weeks before the wedding, I sent Laura all of our contracts, which she turns into this amazing, organized binder to keep track of everything for the day. She even came to pick up all of our items for the ceremony and reception the week of to bring onsite. I am certain things happened behind the scenes that I don't even know about, but she handled quickly and perfectly. Thank you so much Laura!!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Amanda · Married on 11/12/2016

We were very happy we hired Laura for our day of coordinator. Leading up to the wedding we could always reach out to her for questions and advice and she was quick to respond with honest and helpful information. When it came to selecting various vendors, she always had great recommendations to align with our vision which saved us a lot of time researching and vetting vendors on our own. With our crazy work schedules Laura was very accommodating to talk and/or meet with us on off hours. Leading up to the wedding Laura came to pick up any decorations and day of items from our apartment, which was SUPER HELPFUL! Laura helped coordinate the ceremony rehearsal at our rehearsal dinner, which was really great given we were using a friend as our officiant. When it came to the big day we had a lot of vendors coming in and out on top of a tight set up timeframe at our venue. Laura and her assistant did a great job orchestrating the set up and take down, while making sure everything with the bride and groom were running smoothly and stress free. The wedding went off without a hitch, much thanks to Laura!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/21/2018

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

Laura is very friendly and easy to talk to. We had to plan our wedding from overseas (Hong Kong) and needed someone who was flexible and willing to fit our time schedule. Laura was great in the beginning, though there were a few hiccups and push-backs with google chats which I know were sometimes beyond her control, yet didn't come off really great in my impressions.
    She was relaxed, which was good, because I'm not a relaxed person and I need someone to tell me everything will work out.
    Only thing I wish could've been better was on the wedding day: she made a last minute arrangement with my husband to leave early on our wedding day and do some other things for us. And when she came to tell me about the change, I was thrown-off and didn't really know what was going on. My husband (who had minimal understanding of the day's agenda and her role in it) had no idea that she needed to stay till the end to insure everything was accounted for and help my parents. Not having her there to help my parents and bridal party pack up was very stressful for them, as they were told she would be there to help. We lost a few things here and there and she even gave away extras of our gifts to the venue coordinator and staff, which was fine, but would've been nice if she ran it by us first, seeing as we paid the money for it and wasn't hers to just give away.

Sent on 09/02/2018
  • F

Fran · Married on 08/31/2014

3.0

As a result of using The Ideal Day, we were not as pleased as we had hoped to be. A number of things that could have and should have gone smoothly did not, causing us unnecessary stress. Although the people were very nice, our feeling is that The Ideal Day was not the right choice for the type of wedding we had planned.

Sent on 03/24/2015

The Ideal Day's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to develop strong relationships with our clients and we are thrilled when those strong relationships allow us to execute a client’s particular vision for their celebration. We wish your impression of the evening had been more positive. We also wish your daughter and son-in-law all the very best for a long, happy and healthy marriage! For other brides and grooms looking at this review and questioning what the issues were, we are happy to discuss them with you so you feel confident about working with The Ideal Day.