The Hudson Cakery Reviews

The Hudson Cakery 2
The Hudson Cakery 3
The Hudson Cakery 4

Andrew · Married on 06/19/2010

The cake was beautiful. She was able to take our different design ideas and create a cake that was perfect. It was a true work of art. We hated to cut it up and eat it! I would recommend Jenn and the Hudson Cakery 100 times over.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Barbara · Married on 05/30/2010

The Hudson Cakery baked one of most delicious wedding cakes I've ever had. I actually hired them without testing the product. They were one of the few vendors I worked with that I trusted completely because of the way they followed up with me and responsiveness. Jennifer baked and decorated the cake exactly as we discussed. I was so happy with the result. My guests went back for seconds -moist, fresh ingredients- absolutely delicious!

Sent on 06/18/2010

Ragamuffin · Married on 02/06/2010

Yes, yummy wedding cake is possible! I wanted wedding cake flavors that were out of the ordinary -- I told Jenn about the flavor combinations I was thinking about, and for the tasting, she came up with new filling and frosting recipes to get at exactly what I was looking for. For the wedding cake itself, she even adjusted one of her cake recipes to create just the density I wanted -- I'm kind of a dessert fiend, so I really appreciated something like that! Jenn is great to work with -- she's really organized, responds super-quickly to emails, is very good about accommodating her customer's requests and feedback, and her prices are extremely reasonable (especially considering the quality of her work and level of customer service).

Sent on 03/18/2010

Tara · Married on 11/14/2009

The Hudson Cakery is GREAT! Jennifer really takes the time to listen to her clients on what they are looking for and how the cake should tie-in with the couple and reception. She is organized and gives solid customer service. Our wedding cake tasted fantastic (real buttercream!) and the cake looked amazing. She is my go-to for all of our future events.

Sent on 01/27/2010

bridget · Married on 10/10/2009

The Hudson Cakery made the most gorgeous cupcake tower for my bridal shower. I had a "coral" theme for my wedding and the cupcakes fit in perfectly. Each one had the cutest little sugar coral branch sticking out of the top! It's hard to believe that something that pretty could actually taste good but the strawberry lemonade frosting was to die for. I didn't have a cake at my wedding (which was in Bermuda) but if I did, I would've definitely used THC! :)

Sent on 05/03/2010

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2009

Ownder/chef Jenn from the Hudson Cakery made both our engagement party cake and our wedding cake. Both were exquisitely beautiful and addictively delicious. Jenn made an adorable tree stump (!) with our initials carved in it for our engagement party. It was decorated with flowers and butterflies (all handmade and completely edible,) and the fondant really looked like tree bark! The time and attention to detail were astounding. And the taste? Let's just say I have a new and lasting obsession with her lemon cake with strawberry lemonade buttercream filling. Like, I dream about it.

For our wedding, we didn't want anything too fussy or traditional, and Jenn worked with us to give us exactly the mood we were looking to set. She made an oversized hostess cupcake (the chocolate kind with the white curlicue.) It, too, was incredible. It was beautiful, completely authentic looking, and so much fun! And, of course, it tasted even better than the "original." It truly made our cake-cutting memorable. I mean, seriously, how cool was that?

Everything about the experience was fun and stress-free. We would use the Hudson Cakery again in a second.

Sent on 02/12/2010
  • Ashpaige

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2009

I ordered a cake for my sister's bridal shower from Jenn at the Hudson Cakery and couldn't have been more pleased! Not only was it beautiful it was also absoultely delicious! As the Maid of Honor, it was my job to plan the shower and the cake was a hit. All of our guests were raving about how amazing it looked and tasted. The buttercream icing, strawberry filling and vanilla cake were out of this world, people came back for seconds and asked to take some home to their husbands! Jenn was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her services to anyone planning a party, shower, engagement party, wedding or any event! She is truly talented and I would definitely ask her to make another cake for me in the future! I am still dreaming about it, I wish we had leftovers!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Paula · Married on 07/28/2013

THANK YOU for a job well done!
    My mom and I really loved the final result of the cake as well as how the
    monogram tied it all together.

It was surely delicious and everyone enjoyed it.
    I look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Jennifer was absolutely a delight to work with and was very responsive. She really worked with us to get what we wanted at the quality and price we were looking for.

Sent on 11/09/2012

We used Jennifer's services for our wedding cake and her final product exceeded our expectations and even the Manager's expectations at our venue!!! It was perfectly reflecting our theme (nautical) and was also very classy and elegant!!! And most of all, all the flavors we picked (3 total) were very good. I would definitely recommend using Hudson Cakery for your event.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Jennifer was great and worked with me to make a great cake as well as a memorable grooms cake, it was a huge hit! Unfortunately the wedding cake starting leaning to one side pretty early on in the evening... but the cake was beautiful!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Jocelyn · Married on 07/31/2009

The Hudson Cakery was WONDERFUL!! I brought in a design and they worked with it, and it turned out exactly how I envisioned! Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted amazing! I would recommend The Hudson Cakery to anyone!!

Sent on 05/21/2010

Matt · Married on 05/19/2012

We were so pleased with our cake! It looked amazing and was delicious beyond belief. Jennifer was a joy to work with - highly professional and attentive to the details.

Sent on 06/07/2012

3.5

The cake was for my Engagement Party and Jennifer was very flexible and understood exactly what I wanted. We had a great time at our cake tasting appointment and was able to create our own unique cake with the yummy butter-cream filings. On the day of our Engagement the cake looked exactly like we wanted it. Although, unbelievably the bottom tier was kind of dry but overall the cake tasted amazing. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Jennifer at Hudson Cakery was a dream to work with! She was able to take an idea and make it a reality. I was not ready for the price of cakes in the NJ area, so I started to look at cupcakes and I'm so happy I did! Jennifer fills her cupcakes, so it's as if everyone has their own personal cake! Though I would have loved a little more filling, the cake was delicious and even tasted good after being frozen for a couple of days (we had extras left over). I can't wait to eat our topper cake in a year!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Didn't look as I expected and taste wasn't as good like in the cake tasting but it still looked nice and tasted pretty good.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Raechelle · Married on 07/20/2017

We had a cake tasting at Hudson Cakery and this review is incomplete as we are still waiting for our estimate...

We arrived at their bakery and as soon as you walk in you can smell the sweet baked goods and it smells so yummy! That was a great intro. We had a previous appointment that helped us solidify our design so we pretty much knew what we wanted when we went in. We were provided individual servings of cakes slices with fillings and a side serving of fillings and icings to taste. We both really enjoyed their Almond and Chocolate cakes. My fiance decided on cookies and cream filling that was so delish. He also decided on their whipped coconut filling that was smooth and tasted like a whipped coquito - lawd have mercy! I requested their whipped dulce de leche and whipped Nutella - OMG! I don't even like Nutella, lol, yet it was a must with the Almond cake. We then discussed our designs and they were able to accommodate every request and sharpen our vision. We were told at the conclusion that we would be emailed a proposal and the design sketch. Also, if we hire them we would be able to get as many sketches needed to ensure we were satisfied, which I could imagine would only take a revision or two. Stay tuned... :)

Sent on 04/20/2017

Rebekah · Married on 09/10/2011

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

We used the Hudson Cakery for our wedding favors. We had used them in the past so we knew how tasty their mini-cupcakes were. We asked them to put 2 mini-cupcakes in a small box for us to give to our guests. The cupcakes were delicious; however the boxes that they were in were HUGE. Way too big for mini-cupcakes. They were clearly the boxes for regular sized cupcakes. Furthermore, the cupcake holder inside the box was also way too big, so the mini-cupcakes were sliding around the bottom and the frosting was coming off the cupcakes. We called the Hudson Cakery back immediately to ask them to fix the problem. Unfortunately, we did not get smaller boxes properly sized for mini-cupcakes. Instead we got a riser inserted in the box so that the minis did not slide around. This was only a partial fix.

In the end, the cupcakes were delicious, but the presentation wasn't what we had hoped for. In the future, I would use the Hudson Cakery for their food only and not for the presentation of their items.

Sent on 11/27/2011