The Hudson Cakery Reviews

The Hudson Cakery 2
The Hudson Cakery 3
The Hudson Cakery 4

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2011

The Hudson Cakery did an amazing job on my husband's groom's cake. I ordered him a Mets baseball cake. It was so good! The colors popped, there were clean lines, and the lettering was flawless. The guests at our wedding loved it also; they couldn't stop taking pictures of it. To top it off, the cake tasted delicious! The cake was everything and more!

Jenn did an amazing job creating my fiance's cake. She was professional, responded immediately to emails, and the value was dynamite! I would highly recommended The Hudson Cakery!

Sent on 10/12/2011

TRACY · Married on 09/24/2011

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience working with Jenn and The Hudson Cakery. Jenn was awesome to deal with- from the initial contact all the way through the design process- she was amazing and very responsive; the best wedding vendor I dealt with. She expertly captured my vision for our wedding cake and brought it to life; the design was perfect and exactly what we were looking to do with our wedding cake. The cake itself was fabulous- moist and delicious. I can't tell you how many people came up to me and asked me where the cake came from because it was by far the best wedding cake they had ever had! We went with two layers of her banana bread cake with the brown sugar butter cream and two layers of pistachio cake with vanilla butter cream- so yummy! Jenn was very professional, fun to work with, and extremely accommodating- our venue was 2 hours away from her shop and she was still willing to deliver to us. The whole process was seamless- the cake was at the venue when we got there and it was definitely the show piece of the reception. I would highly recommend her to anyone for their wedding cake and a truly wonderful experience. You can be rest assured that she will deliver what was promised and the whole process will be smooth and flawless. I am a huge fan and will definitely use her again in the future whenever I have a need for a cake of this caliber.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Ann Maire · Married on 09/09/2011

We couldnt be happier with our wedding cake. The tasting was the best part of our planning but the most difficult of decisions! Every combo we selected to try was just delicious! Also, very affordable. Schedule a tasting; you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Jamie · Married on 08/06/2011

Jenn was such a pleasure to work with and really took care of everything that I wanted to express on the groom's cake. She was so attentive and helpful and really made the experience so easy. And I'm still in awe at how Fantastic it looked. It was so impressive! I wish I had events all the time that required cakes so that I could order from Hudson Cakery all the time!

Not only was the surprise cake I ordered for my (now!!) husband GORGEOUS, it was DELICIOUS. Without a doubt the best cake I've ever tasted (it was the peanut butter one!!). After the presentation, we went into the kitchen of our venue while they were cutting it so that we could enjoy all of the details a little more) and I cannot believe how cool everything looked!! It was perfect and a great addition to our wedding! Words can't even describe how happy I am:-)

Sent on 08/08/2011

Kelly · Married on 07/16/2011

My fiance and I ordered a grooms cake from Hudson Cakery for our wedding. My familly had ordered from Hudson Cakery for events before and were always very happy. We needed a gluten free cake for our wedding. Jennifer listened to our needs and created an amazing Yankee themed grooms cake that was gluten free. It looked amazing and tasted even better. Our guests all tried this cake and I am still receiving rave reviews about the way it looked and even more on how amazing it tasted. I cannot thank Jennifer enough for helping make our day so amazing.

Sent on 08/04/2011

R · Married on 07/15/2011

My husband and I chose The Hudson Cakery to bake a 2-tiered cake and 40 cupcakes for our July 15th wedding. Jennifer was professional, responsive, and friendly and worked with us in person and via e-mail to create a beautiful cake. If we hadn't known how yummy the cake was from our tasting, we wouldn't have been able to cut into it. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/01/2011

MICHELE · Married on 07/02/2011

Jen at the Hudson Cakery was awesome, she designed the perfect groomscake and helped every step of the way! My fiance loved his cake and everyone raved about the taste!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Neva · Married on 06/18/2011

I called Jenn from the Hudson Cakery to develop a cake for a surprise bridal shower with a scrapbooking theme. I gave her full creative control and asked her just to send me a sketch of what she was thinking. She developed the perfect two tier, red velvet bridal shower cake with scissors perching out of the top like a big heart. The cake was beautiful - even containing pictures of the bride and groom in mini frames! Everyone loved the cake - it was a huge success - perfect for the theme - and very tasty! I can't wait to order the next cake for the rehearsal dinner then the 'big day'. Thank you Jenn!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Meghan · Married on 06/18/2011

I went to Jen having no idea what I really wanted for my wedding cake other than something traditional (white with flowers). She did a beautiful job designing my five tier wedding cake with coral and pink peonies and roses to match the flowers in my wedding. It was dead on! On top of the beautiful design, the cake tasted great (there are SO many flavors to choose from) as well and was very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend using her for your own wedding cake, grooms cake, shower cake, what cake needs you have! I cannot wait to eat my first anniversary tier next year!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/12/2011

The Hudson Cakery made a beautiful cupcake tower with a cake topper for a bridal shower that I hosted. Not only were the cupcakes so delicious, the guests were marveling over the design and could not stop taking pictures. I give hudson cakery 5 stars! They are the best!

Sent on 06/15/2011

Vaishali · Married on 05/29/2011

We had an amazing time at our wedding, and our cakes and desserts was a big highlight. The spiderman cake was a huge hit and the wedding cake was beautiful; we loved both of them! As an aspiring pastry chef, dessert was an important part of our wedding day food and Jennifer's treats are moist, delicious, and creative. She is open to ideas, flexible and awesome to work with!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Becca · Married on 05/21/2011

Jennifer made the entire process so easy, and she was a delight to work with. She was very flexible, and was extremely patient with me (even when I asked for a few drawings of suggested cakes!). Not only did Jennifer understand exactly what we were looking for, she was very responsive too (which is not always the case when dealing with wedding vendors). The best part? Our cake was amazing - it looked absolutely beautiful and it tasted delicious. Thank you to Jennifer and to the Hudson Cakery for making the cake of our dreams!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Tara · Married on 05/19/2011

Jennifer was absolutely amazing to deal with. From the first email to her she was so helpful and really knew what I wanted....right till the last minute I had no problems whatsoever - and we all know that is what we need on our wedding day.

The cake was beautiful (fabulous NYC cake topper and the skyline she created was brillinant - even better that I expected) and tasted even better! Mmmm Choc fudge/oreo cooking and champagne and strawberry.

I would whole heartedly recommend Jennifer and the Hudson Cakery in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Melanie · Married on 05/06/2011

Hudson bakery wad exceptional. I wad very satisfied with the services provided. Everyone at my wedding party absolutely loved the cake. I must say that the red velvet cake is to die for. I will definitely be coming back to The Hudson Cakey for my cake needs.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Ella · Married on 02/27/2011

I got married in Feb. 2011 and had an excellent experience working with The Hudson Cakery! I ordered a secret groom's cake for my husband and was delighted with how beautiful the custom design was and how delicious it tasted! Jenn was so easy to work with - she's professional, responsive and talented. The personalized details came out better than I imagined. She also executed the surprise without my husband seeing the delivery - the look on his face when he saw it was awesome!

Sent on 03/30/2011

Dana · Married on 10/10/2010

Jennifer at the Hudson Cakery was AWESOME! My husband and my father met with her before our wedding to taste some different samples. She made sure to pack up a to-go bag to bring home so I could try them too. Her cake is DELICIOUS!! We ended up choosing a chocolate chip cake with dark chocolate ganache frosting. The design we chose for the cake was a little bit weird and complicated, but Jennifer totally rolled with it. She drew up a few different designs and emailed them to us so we could choose one. On the day of the wedding, the cake arrived on time and it looked AMAZING! Jennifer was awesome!

Sent on 10/17/2010

Jen · Married on 10/10/2010

If you expect perfection then expect nothing less from Jenn Bunce at The Hudson Cakery! She went above & beyond what we were expecting for our wedding cake. Not only did she listen to all our design ideas and create what we envisioned but surprised us with details we didn't even dream of. We asked her to make the inside of our cake our wedding color: turquoise (which is a complicated color - not blue, not green) and she matched it perfectly! Not only did she get that color but threw in our other wedding color purple as the filling! And wrote our wedding date "10.10.10" on the back of our cake. It was a lovely secret for only us to see when we cut the cake together. I especially cannot forget to mention the taste of our cake - moist & unique. I don't love sweets but not because it was our wedding cake but because it was the best cake I've ever had. Also including our cupcakes! We had leftover cake and shared with all our friends & family that couldn't make it and agreed it must been an amazing cake to eat on the day of because a week later it was still moist and flavorful!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Kia · Married on 09/18/2010

Excellent communication and feedback during the planning process. Hudson Cakery was very professional!

Sent on 10/22/2010

Rose · Married on 08/14/2010

Jennifer of Hudson Cakery made our wedding cake this weekend, and people were asking about it and complimenting 'us' (her) on it all day.
    THEN we got to eat it! More good words for our talented baker and artist.
    It was beautiful and delicious and Jennifer was so easy and fun to work with, our top layer is never going to make it to our one-year anniversary! We want to eat it now!
    Can't say enough about what a wonderful contribution Hudson Cakery made to our wedding.

Sent on 08/16/2010

S · Married on 08/07/2010

I just recently had my wedding in August 2010 and wedding cakes are so expensive but when my fiance and I went to hudson cakery to meet Jennifer we discussed our budget and what we wanted and she was able to make our dream a reality. Not to mention she asked which flavors and filling we wanted so when we met with her she already had mini cakes made for us which all were great and when it comes to cake the quailty, look and the taste is all very inportant and it all was great. I would definatly recommend to everyone not to mention she is very sweet I just ordered a personal cake because her cakes are so good just try it for yourself thanks Jennifer.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Miodrag · Married on 07/31/2010

Jen made a great mango cake for our wedding cake and we received a number of compliments from our guests. She was very nice and accommodated all our ideas. She even traveled to meet us in our neighborhood twice without any extra charge. I should mention that the price was great too. We look forward to ordering our anniversary cake from her.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Christine · Married on 07/17/2010

The cake was everything we dreamed. The detail on the cake was outstanding.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Nanci · Married on 07/10/2010

So easy to work with, great follow up, we had both a yummy and pretty cake and Jennifer Bunce/ The Hudson Cakery is really the coolest vendor I have ever met.
    Even our other vendors raved about how easy Jennifer is to coordinate with and how beautiful her work is. So very flexible. So extremely creative and accommodating. She is THE SuperWoman of cakes!!

Sent on 07/31/2010

Jerrhelyn · Married on 06/27/2010

Hudson Cakery made a surprise groom's cake for our NJ reception! Jenn, the owner saw my vision and made it come to life! She was very responsive to my emails and I enjoyed working with her.
    Everyone at the reception was very impressed with the cake (a 3D golf course cake-the hubby's hobbie) and enjoyed eating it as well! The cake was so delicious, very moist and just the right amount of sweetness! I would totally recommend this bakery to anyone and people have already asked where the cake was from (so I hope I recruited for them, they deserve it for their outstanding work and professionalism!) THANKS SO MUCH HUDSON CAKERY!!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Alexandra · Married on 06/26/2010

The Hudson Cakery is fabulous! Jennifer did an Alice in Wonderland theme dessert table for my bridal shower and words cannot describe how beautiful it was. Everything from the petite fours to the cake to the "eat me" cookie favors to the "drink me" tags for the champgane was tasteful, elegant and cute without being too cutesy. And not only did it look good, but it was delicious as well. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2010