The Hudson Cakery Reviews

The Hudson Cakery 2
The Hudson Cakery 3
The Hudson Cakery 4

Anna · Married on 04/12/2014

Met with the owner directly for a tasting. She was kind, considerate, professional and very passionate about her work. The cake was the best I have ever had. I would buy cake for any and every event I have in the future.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Roger · Married on 03/07/2014

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake and the work done by Jennifer from Hudson Cakery. From the moment we met her, Jennifer made us feel very comfortable and willing to help us through every step along the way. Our Red velvet wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. I highly reccommend Hudson Cakery for your wedding cake or any other event. Did I also mention that the price was amazing for the quality received?? Thanks again to Jennifer!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Susan · Married on 10/12/2013

I asked The Hudson Cakery to make custom cookies as favors for my October wedding. Jennifer was a joy to work with and she delivered exactly what I asked for. And the cookies tasted good too! My guests were asking for seconds! I was very pleased with her work and the overrall experience. I would definitely recommend her to others.

Sent on 01/17/2014

A+++!

Jenn is an absolute treasure to work with and over-delivers. Our four tiered wedding cake was gorgeous and so delicious- we received countless compliments from our guests.

In addition, Jenn herself is the nicest person in the world to work with. She really cares about her customers and wants to make you and your groom happy! I would happily recommend her and look forward to using Hudson Cakery for other baked goods, too!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Megan · Married on 08/04/2013

Jenn was great! She created a surprise groom's cake for our wedding. She was easy to work with and the cake was delicious and gluten free! Thanks, Jenn!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Shawna · Married on 06/01/2013

We are so glad we booked Jennifer for our wedding cake! Jennifer was very easy to work with, and the cake was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Johanna · Married on 04/26/2013

I worked with Jennifer (head chef and owner) of The Hudson Cakery to create the perfect Groom's Cake for my now husband at our rehearsal dinner.
    Without ever setting foot in The Hudson Cakery or even meeting Jennifer, she was able to work with me very easily via e-mail to create the unique and modern kind of groom's cake i was looking for!
    She was very professional and organized and most importantly, created a cake within my budget. Not only did it look great, but it tasted great too!
    The cake was dropped off on time to the restaurant and it was important to Jennifer that it was set up where and how i wanted. I never once worried about anything having to do with our cake!
    I highly recommend The Hudson Cakery and look forward to using them again in the future!

- Johanna

Sent on 05/13/2013

We had an untraditional wedding celebration for friends after we got married. Jenn was fantastic is listening to what we wanted design wise and helped narrow down our choices in flavors that would best suit us and the design. HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 03/13/2013
  • F

Fabiana · Married on 12/29/2012

Our wedding cake was AMAZING! Jennifer was very easy to work with and very professional - confirming everything from the beginning to the end. I changed the design of my order a few times and she was very accommodating....and even offered her expertise to create the perfect cake. We had a rather large cake topper and she made it work wonderfully. The cake tasted amazing...everyone agreed.....red velvet with raspberry and cream cheese filling....probably the best cake I aver tasted .....as per tradition, we have the top layer in our freezer....... I hope it makes it to the end of the year ;). A perfect 10!

Sent on 02/07/2013

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2012

The Hudson Cakery created a wonderful groom's cake as a surprise for my husband on our wedding day. Jennifer and her team created a 3D cake of our dog, my husband's best friend. My husband was beyond surprised and very impressed with how great his dog looked as a cake! From the beginning Jenn was responsive, immediately answering my initial email requesting pricing for such a cake. She then quickly and easily drew up a contract with all of the necessary details. Her professionalism in that regard was top notch. And most importantly, her cake creating skills are incredible. The cake looked so life like and even better, the cake was delicious. I could not be happier with my experience with Jenn and The Hudson Cakery. We thank Jenn and The Hudson Cakery for creating such a fun and delicious groom's cake and highly recommend their services. You won't regret working with them!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2012

Jenn was great! The cake came out perfectly. She was extremely organized, confirming all of our details and totally on top of everything. All of the flavors were delicious, but our guests couldn't stop raving about the banana nut cake. You can tell she has a passion for what she does, but she is a savvy business woman at the same time! I had the utmost confidence in her and would recommend her to anyone. I only wish I could get married again so I could get more cake! :)

Sent on 10/09/2012

Elegance with a personal touch. Accommodated us with a custom made flavor, almond coconut cake was so yummy. Not only beautiful. Also had a second flavor of chocolate cake with peanut butter cup; unbelievable. Cake Boss has not a thing on the Hudson Cakery.

So great working with Jenn. Thanks for creating yummy memories for our special day!

Sent on 09/10/2012

The Hudson Cakery provided the best groom's cake for our wedding! Jennifer was very easy to work with, always responded to emails and provided sketches of my vision. Our Yoda groom's cake exceeded our expectations, everyone was so excited over the cake. Thank you for such a great job and for memories that will last forever!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Kathy · Married on 08/25/2012

Jenn was amazing!! I decided to go with a cupcake tier in lieu of a traditional cake and I'm so glad. I picked the chocolate with nutella frosting, banana bread with cream cheese frosting and vanilla with strawberry filling. Our topper cake was the oreo. We had some leftover and I provided small takeout boxes for our guests. We had people fighting over who got to take what home!
    I'll definitely be back - actually just want to plan a party just to get the cupcakes!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Natalie · Married on 08/04/2012

I found Jennifer and her wonderful cakes online. I was looking for someone that could tap into our personality and make a design that fit our venue. We also wanted a cake that we wanted to lick off of our forks. Hudson Cakery went way beyond our expectation. Jennifer was professional, friendly, and responded to all my questions in a timely fashion. EVERYONE LOVED OUR CAKE and so did we!

Sent on 08/31/2012

The Hudson Cakery is amazing! Jenn is an extremely nice and amazing young woman! She is extremely persistent and makes sure she gives you just what you want on your special day! Not to mention her cakes are delicious and fun!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Jessica · event on 06/30/2012

Jennifer is amazing at what she does!! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great cake!!!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Taryn · Married on 05/19/2012

I used Hudson Cakery for my engagment party cupcakes...... Jenn went above and beyond to make my vision come through. The cupcakes were not only absolutely gorgeous but they were delicious as well. I got tons and tons of compliments on then. I plan to use Jenn in the future for my bridal shower cake.

Sent on 05/22/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2012

Jennifer was a pleasure to work with! I asked her to make custom cookies in the shape of New Jersey for my wedding favors, they were amazing! Jennifer did an amazing job and was so accommodating! I would use the Hudson cakery again anytime I needed custom bakery items.

Sent on 06/16/2012

David · Married on 05/05/2012

What more can I say than Hudson Cakery and Jennifer was the absolute BEST from beginning to end! Seriously, if there was ANYthing I could think of where there was room for improvement, I would mention it. But, there just isn't.
    One of the best experiences of the entire wedding planning process (which was total do-it-yourself) was working with The Hudson Cakery. Here's why:
    #1) VERY responsive in planning! We're a gay couple. I NEVER thought I'd get married. So, I wasn't prepared for any of this, nor had any past experience from friend's weddings. When I reached out to Jennifer via email (based on glowing reviews on Yelp), she quickly replied. She gave clear, concise answers. She was enthusiastic (even though it wasn't going to be a huge cake, and was not going to be tons of money). She was an excellent consultant -- guiding me in some smart decisions, especially once she knew it was going to be an outside garden party wedding (I learned the sun isn't the friend of some frostings and fillings).
    #2) THE CAKE, the cake, the cake! Hands down one of the best cakes I've ever had. Tasty. Yummy. Delicious. The design: I gave Jennifer a photo from a magazine of a cake we wanted. She pulled it off perfectly -- it looked beautiful! We received so many compliments on the design and the taste.
    #3) THE VALUE. It was a simple wedding. It was a simple but elegant cake, for 60 people. The price was very reasonable... especially for the quality and the amazing personal service.
    #4) The delivery. It was worth the small extra delivery fee to ship it in from Hoboken to Central Park. They showed up on time, made sure it was perfectly placed on the cake stand. Quick and efficient, and no worries from me on the wedding day.
    I completely and wholeheartedly recommend The Hudson Cakery and Jennifer Bunce.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2012

Jennifer at the Hudson Cakery is a pleasure to work with! The whole process from choosing a design to delivery could not have gone any smoother. Jenn was willing to work with us on all aspects of our cake and the final product was both beautiful and delicious! I got so many compliments on the cake from friends and family and it looked absolutely gorgeous in our pictures. I highly recommend choosing the Hudson Cakery for your wedding day!

Sent on 04/27/2012

Marlena · Married on 12/03/2011

Jenn at Hudson Cakery is amazing! I gave her a vision on a design for my cake and she created a stunning piece of art. I almost didn't want to cut into it, it was so beautiful. She did two different cake flavors, red velvet and lemon and they were both spectacular. Everyone tells me fondant tastes blah, but somehow she made that taste amazing too. Jenn also did cookies for the wedding and they were delicious, in fact somehow they missed me when they were passed around and they were so good I had to scrounge around to find one, and we had 300 of them! One of my bridesmaids was quoted as saying, "I ate 17 of those things." But not only were the cake and cookies great, but Jenn was an amazing communicator and everything with her was seamless from the get-go. I feel truly lucky to have had her as the designer of my cake. I cannot recommend her highly enough, you will not be sorry if you choose her for your wedding, in fact you will hit the cake jackpot.

Sent on 12/04/2011

Nadia · event on 11/26/2011

My husband Drew and I had a gender reveal party back in November of 2011. Our cake was the highlight of our party as it was holding the biggest mystery inside the cake. The inside was either pink or blue and we had found out in front of all our friends and family what we were having by cutting the cake. It was truly the most memorable moment of our lives before we had our baby boy. We were extremely pleased with their service and of course the cake was delicious. Everyone from the party raved about it for weeks. Thanks Jennifer for being part of such a big moment with us. We hope to work with you again someday.

~Nadia

Sent on 04/22/2012

sarah · Married on 10/16/2011

Amazing cake! A huge hit of our wedding! Thank you Jenn!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Lori · Married on 10/15/2011

I worked with Jennifer for my wedding cupcakes. I had tasted several other cakes trying to find one I loooved and could not find it until I met with Jennifer. She provided me with several flavors and all were amazing! We worked to come up with the best flavor combinations for my wedding and I ended up with the Banana with Brown Sugar Buttercream, a Vanilla cake with Vanilla Buttercream filled with a berry preserve, and a chocolate cake with vanilla Buttercream with a peanut butter buttercream filling- YUM. On a side note- her Oreo cupcakes were to-die-for as well!! She made an adorable mini wedding cake for the top of the tower for my husband and I to cut. I cannot say enough about how easy an experience working with Jennifer at Hudson Cakery was and how many compliments we received from our guests about the presentation and the taste!!!

Sent on 11/08/2011