The Historic Ambassador House and Heritage Gardens Reviews

9 | Fishers, IN

9 Reviews for The Historic Ambassador House and Heritage Gardens

• holly · Married on 10/12/2018

I think most, if not all, of these reviews were made before Fishers took over the grounds. Sheryl is the main coordinator now that Fishers owns the grounds and she is amazing! She worked with us to make sure we had everything accounted for and to be sure we were on track with plans. She reminded us of payments to ensure we didn't accrue late fees and was very open and honest about the whole process. The grounds are maintained weekly to ensue the grass and plants look their best. The venue is a whole was absolutely beautiful for our October 2017 wedding and I know it's beautiful all year around (I drove by frequently to show friends)! I would plan my wedding here over and over again!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Janis · Married on 10/14/2017

The Historic Ambassador House was absolutely wonderful for my daughters wedding two weeks ago. The views are breathtaking throughout the venues many gardens. I heard from family members and guests all stating this was truly a hidden gem that more people should really know about and support. The manager of this venue is an absolute delight to work with in the preparations before the wedding, and completely throughout the entire event. Love, Love, Love this venue and staff!

Sent on 11/01/2017

jackie · Married on 09/17/2011

3.5

Great place to have outdoor wedding ceremony & reception. I had everything outside and the weather was perfect. Every guest loved the property.

Sent on 10/04/2011

4.2
      3.5

Its a BEAUTIFUL house a perfect place for a wedding!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Bethany · Married on 06/17/2016

3.0

The wedding and reception were perfect and beautiful, we held both outside. Our pictures look wonderful and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. Our guests had a wonderful time and so did we.

My overall advice is: If you are willing to do the work to organize and decorate your own wedding (or have a family willing to help out) then this is the place for you.

We got married at the Ambassador house on 6/17/16. We booked in January of 2015. during that time the City of Fishers bought the house and so the management of the property and staff changed hands. They also added a large tent, which we did not use because of the added cost. This created some issues with communication and information,which was frustrating, but by March 2016 I felt like everything was ironed out. We reserved the house and grounds for 12 hours on the day of the wedding. Know that when you reserve this venue, you are signing up to do most of the work yourself. This is the type of wedding my groom and I were looking for, but I know that DIY is not for everyone. All the rental is done through A Classic rental, which is a fantastic company and easy to work with. We were able to hire people to help us set-up and tear down chairs and tables. It cost, but was very reasonable. This was a service that the Ambassador house found for us and I am sure it has now become a regular part of their recommendations for brides. When we arrived for the rehearsal (on the day prior) all of our chairs and tables were set up and ready to go, which was nice. The next morning we arrived a little early and we were allowed to go ahead and decorate.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/04/2010

3.8
      3.0

This is a new and unique venue. It's great for any bride who appreciates the outdoors and/or historic value. Wonderful ceremony site! We rented a tent for the reception in the back of the house and then had a cocktail hour inside the house. So many awesome places to take photographs!

Venue allowed us to use any vendors we wanted AND supply our own liquor (huge money-saver!). The only downside: city noise ordinance meant the party had to end by 10 pm (a bit early for us and our crowd), but since we had the venue for the entire day, we just had an earlier ceremony so we could party longer :)

Sent on 10/02/2010

Emily · Married on 05/23/2015

2.6
      2.5
      1.0
      3.0

I had my wedding at the Ambassador House on 5/23/15. I booked this venue in January of 2014. During the time that I booked and my wedding date there was very large staff turnover. None of the staff members are full time - they are all part time or volunteer. Be prepared to do EVERYTHING yourself. They do not provide any services. I literally rented a house and did everything else myself - they provided no help whatsoever. My issue with the AH is the lack of communication from the staff. I initially had paid to have my wedding on the lawn and less than a week before my wedding I found out that the grass was ruined and a mud pit. My wedding reception had to be moved to the parking lot right behind the ceremony space and right next to the dumpster. They knew about this issue for TWO MONTHS and didn't tell me till the week before my wedding. And they didn't even tell me - it was Mike from A Classic Rentals. There was confusion on how long I had access to the house the day before the wedding (which I paid for) some staff members said 4 hours and others said 6 hours. There were issues with moving some of the decorations inside the home and with the limited rentals that they have for use (didn't provide updated quantities). I would really suggest to other brides to evaluate how much of your wedding you are willing to plan yourself and how much of your actual wedding day do you want to coordinate. Our wedding coordinators from the AH literally sat upstairs ALL DAY. They only asked who they should talk to about cutting guests off from the bar if they thought they were too rowdy (actual question). This is a beautiful venue and my wedding was truly perfect - but the stress of dealing with AH was honestly not worth it. I could of gone someplace else for what they are charging and the cost of rentals. I would really suggest looking around at different venues.

Sent on 06/05/2015
  • molly3008

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2016

1.2
      2.0

We were very excited when we first booked here for our wedding ceremony/reception. We booked a year in advanced. When we were originally taken on the tour it was with a woman named Kerri. She was very informative about the property and what the policies were, etc. However the staff is very unresponsive and hard to get a hold of. Most of what Kerri had told us was then changed by other staff telling us what she told us was not right. We would not have booked here if we knew some of the things she told us wrong.
    One requirement is to use A-classic rentals for tables chairs, linens and tents. The pricing always changed and what they originally told us changed. We were originally told that for the tent tables and chairs we would be charged around $500 dollars. Less than a month before the wedding (after it taking awhile to get a hold of Mike, the A-classic manager) we were told that for tables, chairs, and linens (for 75 people) and a tent would be $1,500 dollars. Since our wedding was on a Sunday they were charging us an extra $500 dollars. Mike was extremely hard to get a hold of and very unresponsive.
    We were also told when we booked the venue that they were adding a cemented area with a tent that we could use (no charge). Once it was added in we were emailed asking if we would like to use it for the wedding, but they would charge us an extra $1,700 dollars. On top of the $3,000 dollars we paid to rent out the venue.
    During our wedding (after we had the whole property rented for the day) there were people wandering the property "sight seeing". We had to keep telling people to leave. They were walking the grounds and going in the house where our personal items are. The employee on the clock for the day just sat in her office upstairs and did not do anything to help. We had to come and get her to have her help us get random strangers off the property. DO NOT book here unless you would like to have a headache throughout the whole process.

Sent on 11/05/2016
  • MrsToBe-BecameMrs

Ayreka · Married on 09/17/2016

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

Pros: The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, the house is quaint and lovely, open vendor policy
    Cons: Once you're booked you get no response with questions, though they claim there contract is "written in plain english because they don't ever want to hide anything" we kept getting told of extra costs that we could not opt out of that made the grounds and stress not worth the $$, brides are expected to not only do all of the work but coordinate with other brides of that weekend or pay to book for the whole weekend, very snarky coordinator who thinks she planning her own wedding rather than listening to what you, the bride, actually wants.
    My fiance had several disparaging remarks made towards him and the male gender for being "clueless" and "that he's just there for the money". Neither of us appreciated those comments. My fiance is just as much involved in our planning process as me and his opinions matter. To have someone who represents our wedding venue, and by extension our wedding day, make any negative comments about us, our wedding, or our ideas led us to believe this is not a place for our wedding.
    We ended up pulling out less than a month after signing. We lost a bit of money doing so but after booking with a different venue, that monetary loss was well worth the stress free wedding we are looking at now.

Sent on 01/26/2016