The Highland Gardener Reviews

26 | Tallahassee, FL

26 Reviews for The Highland Gardener

Kelsey · Married on 03/25/2017

Catherine was amazing to work with and made my vision come to life better than I could've imagined. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Highland Gardner.

Sent on 04/14/2017
  • Z

Zoey · Married on 01/15/2017

Stop looking for other florists RIGHT NOW. Catherine will make your vision come to life! Admittedly, I was not the pickiest bride, but I can be hard to please sometimes! I told Catherine what I wanted for my wedding and what I had envisioned and she honestly made it better than anything I could have imagined. From my bouquet to the reception room, everything was absolute perfection. Catherine will work with you one-on-one through the entire process and is there the day-of from pinning boutonnières on the guys to setting up the ceremony and taking decorations down to use again for the reception space (nothing is wasted!!). Honestly it was the most beautifully set up space I have ever seen (and I'm not just saying that because it was my wedding!). Seriously, book Catherine! She will go the extra mile to make your wedding STUNNING.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Amelia · Married on 12/02/2016

Catherine and team made our wedding an absolutely dream! I absolutely LOVED everything about the floral designs, everything was perfect! I was a long distance bride so I did most of my planning remotely. Catherine was so flexible and understanding, which took a lot of the stress and pressure out of planning. The day of the wedding, I got to sit back and relax because I 100% entrusted Catherine to work her creative magic. She turned our ceremony and reception into a winter themed evergreen dream. And it truly was! I cannot thank her enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Giselle · Married on 10/15/2016

Anthony and I had the pleasure to work with The Highland Gardener for our wedding on October 15, 2016 at Golden Eagle Country Club. When we were first starting the process, we had no idea what we were doing in regards to our flower arrangements... all we had were ideas and some pictures. I did not know the first thing about flower arrangements, and as recent FSU graduates, we did not have the largest budget. Catherine worked with us (over the phone and via email because we no longer live in Tallahassee) until we figured out exactly what we wanted to do. She was always easy to reach and was very thorough, to make sure I got exactly what I envisioned. We were not too picky as far as the type of flowers, so I just sent Catherine some pictures, a color palette, and gave her the freedom to create the arrangements as she saw fit. As the day got closer, she reached out again, and we reviewed everything to make sure that everything was covered. On our big day, I did not see the set-up process, but the results were absolutely stunning. Everything turned out soooo much better than what we envisioned! Working with Catherine was such a delight. She has the amazing talent of floral designs and she definitely went above and beyond our expectations... I would recommend her to anyone who is seeking floral expertise.

Thank you so much for everything Catherine!

Giselle & Anthony

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 03/05/2016

Working with The Highland Gardener was such a pleasant experience. The professional and personal touches made by The Highland Gardener & team made my wedding even more beautiful than I expected. I cannot thank Catherine and her assistant Kaitlin enough for all their heart and hard work in making my wedding so beautiful. Catherine is blessed with the amazing gift of floral design and any bride inquiring would be forever touched by her work.

Thank you so much Catherine!
    Grace,
    Jillian & Nate

Sent on 03/17/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/05/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Catherine! Beyond her obvious talent that will blow you away on your wedding day, she is an incredible person, woman, mother, and business owner. She walked me through the entire process helping me feel comfortable with our choices. She was always prompt to reply via email or by phone to answer ALL of my questions. She took our vision and ran with it- and I honestly did not think floral designs could be THAT beautiful! She styled our entire wedding & reception flawlessly. On our big day, she found me while I was getting ready just to let me know all the flowers were in place. And she even pinned flowers in my hair before our ceremony started! Catherine is the most genuine, wonderful person, and I highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 03/18/2016

Catherine, owner of the Highland Gardener, was absolutely fantastic to work with for my daughter's wedding. She came highly recommended from a high school classmate and I would definitely refer her to the next bride. After only a couple of meetings, she was able to present us with a storyboard display of suggested flowers ideas for the wedding. She took into account our budget, colors, venue, styles, wedding dress. guest size, likes and dislikes. She was very flexible with requests and was always prompt in communicating with us over the six month engagement as needed. From her suggested flower photos, we trusted her intuition of our needs. Catherine devotes the entire weekend to only one bride. The bridal bouquet, bridesmaids flowers, guest tables and artificial wreath requested for a tree in front of the ceremony all turned out prettier than she promised. I trusted her to do her magic of floral talents for the wedding and was not disappointed.

Sent on 01/18/2016
  • User6271113 · event on: 11/26/2015

I can't say enough positive things about Catherine. I have used her now for several years to design silk arrangements for my home, fresh arrangements for various events, and for holiday decor. Her silk and fresh arrangements are unique and quite frankly, stunning! With all the craziness of the holidays, it was so nice to know that there was one thing on the list that was going to be done right and done on-time.

As far as value - you have to remember you are getting a skilled designer. This is not the same as buying arrangements from a generic floral shop or grocery store. You get what you pay for, and in my opinion, she is worth every penny! I would recommend her highly and without hesitation for any special event.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Kala Kelly · Married on 09/19/2015

Catherine is wonderful. We met twice at a coffee shop to go over what I liked and that was all it took for her to grasp my wedding style. She really helped me figure out what I wanted and gave some great recommendations of flowers I had never considered. I loved her personalized vision boards she sent and appreciated her depth of knowledge of flowers. Her work is modern and fresh with a nod to classic tastes.

On the day of my wedding, Catherine was a star. She helped decorate little things here and there and really picked up the slack in places I had forgot about decorating (I did not have a wedding planner, only a "day of" planner, so decorations were a point of stress for me). Simply put, she made things pretty. I actually didn't realize how much extra effort she had put in until I saw my wedding photos a month later. Like I said, she's a star.

On a personal level, Catherine is a joy to be around. She is kind, professional, and smart. Tallahassee is lucky to have her :)

Sent on 02/02/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/02/2015

Catherine Shock was wonderful to work with. I actually happened to use her services as I got a gift certificate at a bridal show here in Tallahassee. I have no knowledge of flowers and had some ideas going on my pinterest board to help me figure it out. She, with permission, looked at what I had previously pinned and made a beautiful bouquet based off those images. She had a lovely mix of flowers i never thought to pick out, and she even called to confirm that I was ok with mixing up flowers. Not only was she a pleasure to work with and very sweet, but she worked well within my budget and personally delivered the flowers to us. We picked the same venue she had for her wedding the year before, and her family was doing a beach weekend so she waived delivery for us. She was fantastic all around and would definitely recommend her to others.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Jenna · Married on 03/28/2015

Of all the vendors I worked with for my wedding, The Highland Gardener was hands down the best one. Owner Catherine Shock, along with her staff, provided expert-level service from our very first meeting up until the day of the event. The Highland Gardner listens to what you VALUE, and then makes your dreams a reality. I believe flowers set the tone for an event, and in my case, the guests are STILL talking about how beautiful they were. I would absolutely recommend The Highland Gardener to any bride.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Thanks Catherine for an amazing job with the flowers! I loved my bouquet and all the centerpieces were all very whimsical and romantic! You definitely went over and beyond my expectations! Loved all of it! Thank you for your professionalism and ability to develop exactly what I wanted. I would recommend this vendor 100%.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Catherine was the sweetest, and her work was Gorgeous. I felt very comfortable with her, my wedding day was the simplistic elegance I was looking for, she totally delivered all that I wanted and more. It's awesome when you can treasure the memories and the people that help create the memories. Thanks a million!!

Mrs. Brown
    (Wed on 2/27/15)

Sent on 03/05/2015

michael · Married on 08/31/2014

Not only is Catherine creative and intuitive, she is also a great listener! She created exactly the look I wanted. She is also very kind and patient-- exactly the type of person you want to work with on such a stressful day. Additionally, she works with your budget but doesn't sacrifice quality. I definitely recommend The Highland Gardener! A++++++

Sent on 02/21/2015

Danielle · Married on 06/28/2014

Catherine was great to work with. She took my budget and was able to make amazing flowers for my wedding. I would recommend her to anyone for any special event. She has such an artistic eye and came up with gorgeous arrangements that was exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Diane · Married on 04/26/2014

Catherine did the most amazing floral arrangements for my son's Rehearsal Dinner. Her attention to detail was incredible and she created just what I had envisioned. We were even able to use the arrangements the next day at the wedding reception. She is not just a florist, she is also an floral artist with her designs. The best experience you have with Catherine is her trying to please her customer with concise descriptions of what she can do for you with samples of how your floral arrangements will look. Since I was from out of town, we made all the decisions via e-mail and phone calls. I have already had some of my guests ask how to contact her which is the best recommendation one can get. Diane Thompson

Sent on 05/10/2014

Catherine was a doll to work with! I was so busy with work and wedding planning, that I kept all communications strictly email, but she made sure to speak with me before my wedding (and I am so glad she did). She eased my nerves and reassured that everything would be perfect (as it was)!

Our flowers were EXACTLY what I wanted and then some. They were the perfect pieces for our event.

I am so glad that we chose Highland Gardener for our special day. Her professionalism, kindness, and true artistic ability are more than I can even describe!

Thank you, THANK you for being so amazing to work with!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2014

Catherine was an absolute dream to work with! Her work was amazing and exactly what I hoped it would be (and more!)! She went above and beyond to make things as easy and stress free as possible for me and my family which was exactly what we needed for planning a wedding 10 hours from home!

Sent on 08/29/2014

suzanne · Married on 12/07/2013

The Highland Gardener made the most beautiful arrangements for my son's rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony. Catherine was extremely professional, responsive and just plain fun to work with. If you are looking for gorgeous flowers for any event I highly recommend The Highland Gardener.

Sent on 12/19/2013

Catherine was SO helpful in planning our wedding. Not only did she provide beautiful flowers on a budget, she was very responsive, timely, and involved. She has a natural gift at both working with flowers and making brides feel special. I would use Catherine for ANY Tallahassee event!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2012

I can't say enough good things about The Highland Gardener! Catherine the owner is so sweet and wonderful to work with. I know nothing about flowers. When Catherine and I first met I told her my color scheme and the vibe I was going for and she came up with the rest! She showed me tons of pictures to help me pick out what I wanted and was very flexible when I had changes. She was very responsive in our communications and Catherine even went above and beyond and made origami flowers to go with my centerpieces because that was part of my theme!! The Highland Gardener provided bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and centerpieces for my wedding. They were all beautiful and unique! Catherine doesn't shy away from making something original and fresh. Loved, loved, LOVED my flowers and would absolutely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Brian · Married on 11/17/2012

Catherine's flowers were better than imagined! The Wedding Bouquet was magazine worthy. Everyone raved about the arrangements and she was absolutely delightful to work with. Her expertise and professionalism is what we appreciated the most. I would highly recommend The Highland Gardener.

Becky S.

Sent on 12/21/2012

J · Married on 10/20/2012

Catherine was extremely helpful in selecting my wedding flowers. She sat with me and took the time to explain different and unique options as I didnt want a bouquet that was the same as every other bride. She pulled together looks that were fresh and "outside the box". I have received many compliments on my wedding flowers even after our wedding day. I would recommend Catherine to anyone I know, Thank you Catherine!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2012

Catherine was wonderful to work with. She pays close attention to detail. I really wanted an upscale modern look and the reception was just as my mind had pictured. Our guests are still talking about the flowers. My bqt was breathtaking and had many, many compliments. Thank you Catherine for making our day beautiful!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Lucy · Married on 12/31/2011

The Highland Gardener helped us plan a quick wedding on New Year's Eve. It was spectacular! Every detail was accounted for so we didn't have to worry. I have never seen such a creative combination come together in such a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend Catherine as a trusted vendor.

Sent on 12/21/2012