The Hidden Table Reviews

4 | Rancho Cordova, CA

4 Reviews for The Hidden Table

The Hidden Table catered our wedding back in June 2014, and they were absolutely FANTASTIC! Chef Russ did an amazing job and was very helpful from our very first phone call. He and his team are very personable and friendly. We only had a couple months to plan, and not once did they us we didn't have enough time. Our wedding turned out perfect! The food was incredible, we were able to book everything (tables, chairs, and they even had a pastry chef for us) through the Hidden Table, and everything went so smoothly! I highly recommend using the Hidden Table for any event, you will not regret it!

Sent on 02/26/2015

Dan · Married on 08/15/2014

I would recommend Chef Russ to anyone. We had a very small, casual wedding and Chef Russ followed through with everything he said he would- exactly. The food was just fantastic and really was a highlight of the day. Myself and a few guests eat a strict vegan diet and he accommodated us well. I asked for grass fed organic meat for the guests and I can only assume that is what was served. They loved it. His staff was delightful and easygoing. They all really just blended into the vibe easily. We insisted that they eat and drink with us towards the end of the party.

His low price / menu was on the extreme high end of our budget, but that's not because it was expensive per- se, it was because we had a REALLY tight budget. He worked with us to help keep our costs down by allowing us to provide our own utensils, beverages, etc.. Also, he probably put in 4-5 extra hours of driving in to do the job and didn't even mention it. It really felt like an excellent value at a very fair price.

It's difficult for me to imagine a client not having a good experience with Chef Russ. He clearly knows how to play the role the situation requires, and I'm sure he wears many hats- whichever suits the situation. Most importantly, his food was just great. Really, really great. He's a real artist. Don't hesitate to hire this guy, especially if you are doing something smaller (25-30 people) and want the food to be over -the -top.

Sent on 02/26/2015
  • User3132059 · 2+ years ago

Chef Russ and his team catered and bartended my August 18th wedding for 80 people as well as provided all the needed rentals (dishes, linens, cutlery) and saved us our cupcake delivery fee by bringing our cakes along with him. He was quick to respond to all emails and was easy to work with. Not to mention, everything he made was delicious. He is extremely flexible and based on your rough estimated budget per person, he has a large variety of options for your menu. He is a chef and specializes in private dinner parties in peoples homes, so his food is definitely not typical wedding food, but at the same time his prices per person were comparable to most caterers we looked at! Our menu was a variety of fruit, cheese, bread and vinger, and antipasto for appetizers. Dinner was a mixed green salad, roasted rosemary red potatoes, grilled chicken, and trip tip. If you want great food and someone who will coordinate all the little details for you, I would highly recommend Chef Russ and his staff. They do a lot more than cater, and he tries to help you save wherever possible.

Sent on 08/26/2013