The Headliners Band Reviews

The Headliners Band 5
The Headliners Band 6
The Headliners Band 7

Robert · Married on 05/15/2010

We so enjoyed having your band perform at our wedding. You were so professional and it seemed that you had such a large selection of songs at your disposal that there was something for everyone throughout the night. All of our guests, from the youngest to the oldest, loved your performance. We had so many of our friends and relatives ask for your number. It was nice for once to be able to refer someone who I could highly recommend with no reservations. Thank you so much for making our special day one that we will always remember and treasure.
    Bob & Melanie

Sent on 12/06/2010

David · Married on 01/16/2010

Amazing! As a musician myself I was extra critical when choosing the band for my daughter's wedding. The look and the sound of the band was so much more than we could have asked for, in addition their timing and flexibility during the evening was excellent and very much appreciated, they played everything we requested beautifully and tastefully. I especially want to thank them for their professional handling of my constant requests and interruptions, as we had several of our family members perform with the group, and handling each thing (including a medical emergency) so well. You should also know that many, many of our guests thought that they were the best wedding band they had ever heard, I happily agree!

Sent on 11/28/2010

Lauren · Married on 11/07/2009

Hiring Fifth Avenue Music to perform at our wedding was one of -- if not the -- best decisions my fiance and I made during the wedding planning process. Music was the most important aspect of the reception to me and my fiance and we were thrilled with Fifth Avenue. Working with Bob in advance was an absolute pleasure. He made every aspect of the process convenient, fun and easy -- as it should be! His number 1 priority was ensuring that he shared our vision for how the night would go. And it could not have been more perfect. In fact, our guests could not stop raving about how amazing Fifth Avenue Music was both at the reception and afterwards -- they are still talking about it now several months later! I would highly recommend Fifth Avenue music to anyone looking for an incredibly talented group of musicians who are totally dedicated to make your wedding reception memorable and fun for all.

Sent on 01/25/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2008

I have never heard a live band that was as versitile as Fifth Avenue, they sounded so much like the original artists it was amazing. They learned a special first dance that wasn't on their playlist and I thought they were playing a CD. They were always at the right volume no matter what was going on at the time and organized all the special events (cake cutting, bouquet & garter, introductions, etc.) and all the music that fit with them. I highly recommend Fifth Avenue Music and always will.

Sent on 01/23/2010

Barry · Married on 11/11/2017

Can't say enough enough positive things about the Headliners performance at my daughter's wedding. Frankly, it was the best performance I've ever witnessed at a wedding! Energy was through the roof the entire evening. It's somewhat rare for a band to contain multiple vocalists capable of lead. Many thanks to Bob and his crew for helping make my daughter's dream event become a reality and performing at such a high level.

Sent on 11/20/2017

The Headliners Band's reply:

It was truly our pleasure! What a night! You have a super fun and energetic group of friends and family, and we look forward to seeing you again!
    Many thanks!
  • User4199440 · 2+ years ago

The Headliners and their bandleader Bob Schilling was amazing. They were very attentive to every musical detail. They were able to keep the energy level appropriate to each stage of the wedding. Mellow and more subdue during dinner. Wonderful after dinner energy and music for over two hours of great dancing. The dance floor was always packed with each of their songs. Each band member and the vocalist are very professional.

Sent on 06/24/2014

The band's performance at our daughter's wedding was fantastic. Prior to hiring the Headliners, we did not have the opportunity to see them perform in person. We based our selection on their online video. Their performance was consistent with their video - amazing. Most of our guests commented that the Headliners were the best band they had every heard! Everyone was dancing. I highly recommend the Headliners.

One small disappointment. We had requested they play several of songs from their song list. Not all of those songs were played.

Sent on 12/19/2012

Rissa · Married on 12/18/2011

A year after our wedding in Key West and we are still hearing people comment about how awesome our band was! These guys are so talented, we had a blast! They even played an encore- which was unexpected, not on our "play list" but was awesome! Definitely the highlight of our wedding. I would recommend them any day!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Great band. Nobody sat down all night. Everyone commented on how great they were.

Sent on 04/19/2016

The Headliners Band's reply:

Thank you so much! We really do enjoy what we do, and it was our pleasure.

Alix · Married on 05/31/2014

To my husband and I, the band was the most important part of our wedding. All of our friends and about 40% of the wedding guests are performers in NYC and I myself am a singer that has worked with wedding bands, jazz bands, and all kinds of musicians from around the country. The Headliners are the top of the top. I did a lot of research to find a band that would blow everyone's socks off and fully satisfy our guests insatiable craving to dance and party for hours. Once I watched a couple of The Headliners YouTube videos, which were the most well-produced, most professional videos I found from any band, I knew they were the one. Every singer is different and unique, the horns section is incredible, their ability to switch styles, eras, and genres is amazing, and they're energy level is through-the-roof. Bob also called me a week before the wedding to go over every single detail of the reception, making sure he was pronouncing every wedding party member's name correctly, which songs I hated and which I loved, what we wanted the flow to be, etc... Bob was very responsive, thorough, professional, organized and is a member of the band which is great. They aren't just great for south florida, they are great for New York City, LA, Chicago... They really are superb and I cannot recommend them more. Our guests ALL said the same thing. We had 200 people and at some point every one of them mentioned how incredible the band was... People that never dance were dancing, and then the people that love to dance took the party to a whole new level! So yes, they are amazing and everyone should be hiring them for their next event.

Sent on 06/16/2014

ryan · Married on 04/04/2014

I simply cannot endorse The Headliners strongly enough! If my closest family or friends asked for a band recommendation, it would be The Headliners, hands down, without question!

My wife and I live in NYC and were recently married at The Flagler Museum in Palm Beach, FL. We changed the date a few times and Bob Shilling (primary point of contact) was courteous, professional and flexible to our needs, just a great guy to work with. The venue itself was absolutely beautiful but incredibly challenging sound-wise (the reception hall is all marble and stone). Bob assured me he had found the right mix of electric drums and state-of-the-art sound system and BOY WAS HE RIGHT! THEY ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT AND SOUNDED AMAZING!

Also, I requested a few songs off their list of songs and they executed them to perfection! We only had 65 or so people at our wedding and the band had everyone engaged and on the dance floor.

I only gave them a 4.5 out of 5 on responsiveness as they are very busy and didn't respond immediately [which I know is a very small knock but I'm used to NYC ;-)] and on the value as I think they are priced JUST right, I know bands are expensive, it's just hard for me to wrap my head around the cost of anything wedding related, and I don't think they should raise their prices [if you think they did an amazing job simply give them a large tip, as I did ;-)]

If you are on the fence at all about bands for any occasion, go with The Headliners! There is no possible way you will be disappointed, PERIOD!

Sent on 04/12/2014

David · Married on 11/19/2010

These guys can really put on a show! Great look, great sound, and the money is well worth the product.

Sent on 02/15/2011

CAREN · Married on 12/01/2012

3.0

The band made the night. The talent was beyond our expectations. They were entertaining, professional and it was like having top name entertainment at our wedding. Our guests were so impressed. everyone said that it was the best they ever heard at any wedding they had attended, including weddings in New York and Miami!!

Sent on 12/12/2012
  • Jesse & Tara

Jesse · Married on 04/06/2014

Awesome BAND! Everyone loved the music! This band was not cheap, but they did a great job and were worth the cost. They learned our 1st song, performed our cocktail hour, setup lighting and sound (not always included with other bands) and got everyone dancing and singing! If you can afford to spend the money, get this band - your guests will remember and talk about them for years after!

Sent on 04/22/2014
  • Z

Zach · Married on 03/08/2014

The Headliners are absolutely phenomenal. They are top-notch and true professionals. They got the party started and kept it going. Nobody wanted to leave! The performers are amazing. They're able to do a variety of songs from old school rap to country and everything in between. They did a great job of reading the crowd and basing their playlist off of who was there. They're definitely on the expensive side, but we got our money's worth without a doubt.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Kama · Married on 02/11/2018

4.2
      3.5

The Headliners put on an amazing show and got the crowd involved all night! We loved having them at our wedding!

Sent on 04/12/2018

The Headliners Band's reply:

Thanks so much Kama, and we certainly enjoyed performing for you and your group. Sorry that we weren't able to learn the ten Dave Matthews songs for you along with all of the others, but we do have to have limits, plus we like to keep our song selections danceable of course.
  • User3023304 · event on 01/07/2013

4.2
      1.0

The Headliners are easily the best band I have ever used in the 17 years that I have been working in this industry.

They are superlative performers with an excellent repertoire. They dressed appropriately for our black tie event and looked fantastic. The sound was top-notch.

I would not hesitate to recommend this band to anyone looking for a fantastic night's entertainment.

Sent on 01/28/2013

The Headliners Band's reply:

This was a corporate event, through a third party. The low flexibility score is due to the fact that we would not agree to let a DJ use our equipment for his performance. We have a very high-end, high-tech, and very expensive sound system that we just can't turn over to people we don't know. Plus the DJ is being paid for his service, which should include him bringing in everything he needs for his own performance. The company asked us about this a day before the event, and we let them know that this was not something we could agree to, plus it certainly wasn't part of the original agreement, I guess this means we're not flexible.