The Hazlehurst House Reviews

The Hazlehurst House 3
The Hazlehurst House 4
The Hazlehurst House 5

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2011

I could not ask for a better place to have shared the BEST day of my life with than the Hazelhurst House! Everyone was so helpful, and it made for a very easy, fun, wedding! The staff was top notch and did absolutely everything they could to help us out before and after the wedding! Everything was VERY organized, and I never once worried about anything during the wedding planning process or the wedding day! Thank you so much Hazelhurst House!!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Jill · Married on 10/15/2011

We can not say enough wonderful things about Hazlehurst - their hard work made our wedding completely stress free. Everything was beautiful and the staff is helpful. The facility is beautiful and the packages provide a great value. The location is convenient to downtown and the airport and there are many amenities close by. If you're trying to find a perfect wedding location, please check them out!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Jill · Married on 10/15/2011

Sent on 11/17/2011

April · Married on 09/25/2011

I must say that choosing The Hazlehurst House for our wedding was the best decision my husband and I made. We had a tough time during our wedding planning process because my grandmother became very ill. Due to her sickness, my mother was unable to help with much planning, so we turned to The Hazlehurst House. They went above and beyond to make our day special and unique for us. My grandmother ended up passing away a week before the wedding and without Leslie and The Hazlehurst House staff, my wedding day would have been a wreck. From my wedding planner, Leslie to the DJ to the food everything was wonderful and perfect on my wedding day. I keep getting comments about our wedding and the wonderful food and staff. I highly recommend The Hazlehurst House for weddings or corporate events. They will make your day special, unique and stress free.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2011

Life was stressful graduating from school, starting a new job, moving to a different state all while planning a wedding with a very limited time frame. And then I met Leslie and her fabulous staff at the Hazelhurt house. They helped me plan my wedding in a mere two weeks start to finish and kept in touch for the next several months by email as I was out of state. You are greeted by hugs at every appointment and leave with the confidence that you are in good hands. As a historic house with old southern charm, beautiful gardens and an airy veranda, I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to encompass both an outdoor ceremony with an arbor and an indoor reception. The imagineering and details that went into my vision was amazing and I am still receiving spectacular reviews on the decor, atmosphere, food, staff, flowers, cake, and grounds. The Hazelhurst staff is worth every penny for the ease with which they move you through your day. On the day of, all you have to do is show up, get dressed, and enjoy.

Sent on 10/02/2011
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/04/2011

One Stop Wedding Planning is how I describe HH, it was everything that I dreamed of in a wedding. Leslie and her staff absolutely made this a memorable event for my husband and guests. Everything was perfect, the food, cake, dj, photographer, staff at HH, the harpist, everything was great. HH gets a Big 10 if that is possible. thanks to Leslie who was the epitome of a professional and made sure that my day was absolutely GREAT!!!!! Thanks Again

Sent on 09/29/2011
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/04/2011

Hazelhurst house is the best venue for a wedding. The atmosphere is romantic, it has class and culture in one setting. it is truly a one stop shop for wedding. Leslie planned out the entire wedding and made changes as i requested them and she did it with ease. it rained on my day and they prepared the ballroom to accommodate the nuptials with candelabaras and intimate lighting. They anticipated all of my need and more. The staff at HH exceeded my expectation and we had a ball. I ordered my invitation(very classy), harpist, dj,food,cake,flowers, favors, limo, photographer, hotel accomodation were made thru HH also. All vendors were exquisite and my guest described all the service as "perfect" and we had a ball

Sent on 09/29/2011

Kartini · Married on 08/14/2011

The Hazlehurst House has played a huge role in making our dream day actually come true. Our wedding day felt like we were in Heaven! Everything from the wedding planning, floral decor, catering, wedding cake, DJ and the location in itself was perfect. We received many compliments from our guests on the venue and the catering and on how everything was managed so professionaly. Being a team that is flexible and able to manage unanticpated circumstances to ensure a smooth process was for us what showed your added value! Thank you HH for making our day stress-free and more than perfect. If we could do it all again we would choose Hazlehurst House.

Sent on 08/28/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/30/2011

The Hazlehurst House is a real southern charm and you will always be greeted with many smiles!The venue is decorated beautifully and the gardens are always flowering with life.The wedding coordinators are experts with deep knowledge of how to make a wedding come together perfectly!Their step-by-step approach allows them to see their clients' visions and they listen to what you want in order to deliver the wedding of your dreams!No matter how extravagant your desires, they will find a way to make them happen!Each wedding is unique to the bride and her groom and they make planning as stress-free as possilbe.In all aspects of your wedding, you are asked for your opinion..they make no decisions without consulting you first.Another major plus is that they can accomodate up to 300 people which was a huge blessing for us!On the day of your wedding, they take care of you so that you are able to actually enjoy your special day! Their caterer and florist are phenomenal as well.We had so many compliments on the food and decor and I will forever remember how special my wedding was!Thanks for everything HH House:)

Sent on 08/24/2011

Natalie · Married on 05/28/2011

It has been over a month since my wedding day and I am still in dreamland! The HH House was the perfect setting for my “Southern” dream wedding and the staff did not disappoint. I knew I loved the HH House and after my initial meeting with Leslie Bishop, I knew I made the right choice. Leslie was great and worked with me throughout the entire process even responding to emails and phone calls promptly even when I was sending them after 10PM! At one of my meetings, I changed the entire feel of the wedding including menu and décor and they accommodated each and every idea to make sure I was more than satisfied. Felicia Watts worked with me countless hours to make sure that I had the most gorgeous flowers and that I got the look I truly wanted. The entire crew at the HH House was absolutely amazing. They were a pleasure to work with and made each and every day of my engagement fun and stress free! Thank you HH House for the perfect fairy tale day! You are amazing!

Sent on 07/11/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/21/2011

My experience with the Hazlehurst House was amazing. I was planning my wedding in a short period of time (5 months) and had no time off from work. I chose the Hazlehurst House because they literally do everything and I wanted an outdoor evening wedding in May with a sit down dinner. Everything was so beautiful and perfect and when I tell you it was stress free, I mean it. The package I had included the food, alcohol, a flower allowance, DJ, violinist for ceremony, wedding cake, and my wedding planner. They also ordered my invitations and booked my photographer and videographer, which were all tremendous. I was able to just focus on little things like my favors and guest list. I highly recommend the Hazlehurst House if you do not want to deal with the stress and you want everything to go smoothly. The property is breath taking and my wedding planner, Leslie and the owner, Felicia were on top of everything. They listened to what I wanted and my wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/31/2010

Originally our wedding was suppose to be in Miami, Fl but the headache and stress of planning an out-of-state wedding was more than I could handle. By the time we chose to not only change location but date as well. We were 3 months out. The stress was getting to me, until I was driving around McDonough during lunch and came across the Hazleurst. From the moment, I stepped in and met with Leslie, I knew this was the place. We did not look any further. We met with Leslie 3x and during those meetings all the important elements were taken care off. From the flowers to the cake, everything was perfect. Even accomodating the time was no hassle. We loved the placed so much that we even had the rehersal lunch on property. We are thinking of having our baby shower here as well!!! I really had no worries or stress on my wedding day. Everything went without a hitch. The staff was amazing; the food incredible; and the location magical!!!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Kendra · Married on 10/16/2010

If you want a venue that takes care of EVERY aspect of a wedding for you then the Hazlehurst House is THE place. When looking at venues, the Hazlehurst was the one and only place we visited. We booked the Hazlehurst well over a year before the wedding, but that didn't matter to Leslie and the rest of the staff. Once we booked our date, she made it her job to take care of us. The Hazlehurst took care of every detail of the wedding planning process. The invitations, flowers, food, DJ, photographer, violinists, etc. were all done through Leslie and the Hazlehurst. I told her what I wanted and she made it happen. We couldn't have asked for anything better than what we received through the staff at the Hazlehurst. Our outdoor October wedding was truly the most spectacular. People are still talking about the wedding. I attribute this to the excellent job from Leslie, Jason, and Felicia.

Sent on 12/22/2010

Caroline · Married on 06/26/2010

I have been palnning my wedding for the past year and a half. Most brides are pretty stressed out planning their wedding, but not me. The staff at the Hazlehurst House made planning my wedding virtually stress free. I met with Leslie, the wedding coordinator, 3 times to plan and and organize exactly what I wanted. Everything is done there. Flowers, Food, Cake, Invitations, Music. You name it and they can get it done for you. They simply remove the headache of planning your wedding so you can just enjoy your day & enjoy my day I did. Everything was perfect.(Thanks Lauren) When we arrived the day of the wedding, we had snacks (which were delicious) and champagne waiting for us. I also had someone assigned just to me to make sure I had everything I needed. I was a princess bride for a day. The photog. came in (who was super fun) and took a ton of phots which turned out better than I could have imagined. My flowers were exactly as I pictured. The cake was exquisite. I danced the night away while the DJ kept the music going at my dream wedding. No stress,perfect wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2010

Leonard · Married on 06/26/2010

We could not be more pleased with our experience at Hazelhurst House. The entire event was well planned from start to finish. Over the year prior to the wedding our wedding planners helped us plan every detail from the floral arrangements to the bridal limousine and everything in between. On the day of the wedding, the staff attended our every request and made our guests feel special. For example, at the time of the wedding ceremony the temperature was 97 degrees. The staff kept our guests in the air conditioning and only moved them outside for the ceremony at the last possible minute. We received several compliments from our guests about the quality of the food and the wedding cake as well as the floral arrangements. The DJ kept the event lively and entertaining. The photographer stayed with us the entire event and accommodated all of our photo requests. I do not know any way to have improved our experience. Great job all the way around!

Sent on 07/16/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/29/2010

To simply put it the Hazlehurst House was amazing! I could not have ask or dreamed of more. While my husband and I were planning our wedding I was still in school, so it would have been difficult to plan a wedding alone. One of my favorite parts of working with the Hazlehurst team was that they booked everything (florist, photographer, etc)! Everyone there was always eager to help and answer questions. I also enjoyed their dedication to our wedding, as though we were the only couple being married. They did their absolute best to make my dream wedding a reality! I cannot express in words how amazing my experience was and would recommend them to everyone getting married! Because of them my wedding day was stress free (even though it rained) and exactly what I had always dreamed of!

Sent on 01/06/2011
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/12/2009

The Hazlehurst House, was the best decision that we made. The place is neat, the staff was wonderful, and very attentive with my guests. Leslie Bishop is the best wedding planner. She returned my calls and emails, and she was so focused on every detail. For every meeting that we had for the flowers or anything else, she was focused on us, and most importantly, what I wanted. Our wedding was a fairytale and everybody had a great time!

Sent on 09/17/2009

Karen · Married on 05/21/2016

We had our wedding for our son there Saturday night and they absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark! From the wedding, to the dinner, to the DJ, everything was absolutely awesome! It was absolutely the most perfect evening for everyone. All our friends have been calling and letting me know that it was an amazing wedding! Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2016
  • User3190382 · 2+ years ago

I held my wedding at Hazlehurst House for about 120 family and friends. I planned it from start to finish out of state and Ashley and the whole staff made the process flawless. From the decor to the DJ to the wait staff , everything was perfect. I would only caution to make sure everything is spelled out exactly the way you want it in the contract. If you want something specific, spell it out. That said, everything that I wanted they were able to take care of and my entire wedding party had a fabulous time!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Lisa · Married on 02/22/2014

We recently had our reception at the Hazlehurst house. It was beautiful and everything my husband and I dreamed of. The staff was wonderful in helping our family when need be. The food was done by Hazlehurst and it was amazing. Multiple family members at the wedding and post wedding were discussing how great it was. The facility's as very clean and made appropriate for our wedding. The wedding coordinator was AMAZING! She took the time to learn us as couple which helped when making decisions, along with great responsiveness when questions arised. She was able to provide us with referrals for bridal and groom activities not pertaining to the reception. We did not use this due to personal friends and family volunteers but they offer the whole wedding package (flowers, cake, food, decor, photographer and much more) when booking your reservation. Whether you have everything in order or just starting to look, I highly recommend the Hazelhurst House for a venue.

Sent on 03/02/2014

Antoinette · Married on 03/10/2012

The HazleHurst House is the perfect place to host any event. They made my wedding day unbelievably amazing. I could not have dreamed of it going any better. Leslie was super nice but also very professional and in charge. I appreciated the fact that she went out of her way to make sure my husband and I were happy on that day. They made a wonderful dinner and the cake was super delicious. Overall I would not change a thing on my wedding day and I owe it all to the HazleHurst House!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Kim · Married on 02/22/2014

We used Hazlehurst House for the reception for my daughter's wedding. The location was perfect and Ashley and her group were so easy to work with. They were there every step of the way. Their advice on many things assisted us in making wise decisions and helped to make the day beautiful. The venue was open to us bringing in additional decorations, our own DJ and photobooth. On the day of the reception the staff was very helpful and very efficient as well as friendly to all the guests. When you plan you have no idea how it will turnout but Ashley kept assuring us it would be wonderful and she was right. Everything was as planned and went off without a hitch. We did stations for food and I think a plated dinner may of been better for our guests because they wouldn't of had so many little plates but that was our choice- food was very good! thanks to the whole team for assisting us in making this a memorable event for all involved.

Sent on 03/02/2014

Carlita · Married on 10/27/2012

When I first saw the venue online I fell in love with it. One day on a Sunday evening my now husband and I decided to drive by there just to check the outside premises, thinking the place would be closed. When we started up the walk way a kind and friendly woman opened the door and welcomed us in, we later found out it was the owner, Felicia. She took time to go over information and packages with us and allowed us to view the inside of the venue, which was even more beautiful in person. Every moment after that anytime we had meetings or called with questions all of the staff was very friendly and truly helpful. I was never made to feel bothersome and they were very responsive in a timely manner. During our rehearsal the staff made all of our wedding party feel welcome. On the day of our wedding our wedding coordinator, Margaret, ensured that everything ran smoothly and we did not have to worry about anything except enjoying ourselves. The food was excellent, there was no one who did not enjoy their meal. I would definitely recommend Hazlehurst House.

Sent on 04/26/2013

Brianne · Married on 04/14/2012

Although we currently live in Orlando, FL, after searching around the Atlanta area, we feel in love with Hazlehurst House immediately. Leslie made us feel like family and was so completely organized I feel like I barely had to do a thing. And when I would forget to do something that had been request, well she kept me in line, which i LOVED! Planning a wedding from 400 miles away should normally be very stressful, however I never ONCE felt like anything had been overlooked during the planning process and leading up to our big day. They even went above and beyond when I through them a curveball a few days prior because we provided our own grooms cake. Leslie was able to keep the whole family and crazy friends in line for both the rehearsal and wedding, which made the day just full of fun for myself and new husband. Hannah our assistant was amazing! I guess I didnt really fully understand what an assistant would do for me that my bridesmaids couldnt, but I just dont think the day would have been the same without her. We got back to our room late that evening and noticed they had put together a little basket for our cakes because we never even got a chance to really eat any of it. SO SWEET! Overall, I wish I could do it all again because it was the most special day of my life. Thanks to the whole Hazlehurst House team for making my day more than every expected.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Carla · Married on 10/21/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend The Hazlehurst House as a one-stop-shop for planning a beautiful wedding. From the ceremony to the reception and everything in between, the staff were attentive and professional. Our guests were very pleased with how easily everything flowed together and everyone had a wonderful time! The DJ was amazing and the wedding cake was absolutely delish!!! Thanks for making our day one that we will never forget!

Sent on 04/10/2009