The Harwinton Florist llc Reviews

69 | Canton, CT

69 Reviews for The Harwinton Florist llc

Krista · Married on 11/06/2010

Chris is very talented & professional. She had great ideas! Our wedding flowers & bouquets were absolutely gorgeous! She did a wonderful job!!

Sent on 12/10/2010

Beth · Married on 07/10/2010

Christine at Harwinton Florist was excellent to work with. When we needed suggestions she was able to provide us with ideas that matched our colors and our theme and she worked within our budget as well. On the day of the wedding she was there to make sure that everything was set-up and placed properly. Throughout the process she was professional, responsive, and easy to work with and above all, our flowers were absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 04/19/2011
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 07/10/2009

We met with the Harwinton Florist and were really impressed with their willingness to meet our flower needs and stay within our budget. The flowers we had (ivory roses, hydrangeas, berries, etc) were expertly crafted and lasted through the July heat. My bridal bouquet even perked back up the next day once it was put on water. We were really pleased!!

Sent on 07/28/2009

Melissa · Married on 10/04/2008

One word comes to mind when I think back on my wedding flowers...PERFECTION! Working with Chris at The Harwinton Florist was hands down the best decision we could have made. She made the entire experience fun, and STRESS FREE!! All of our flowers were above and beyond my hopes, just perfect! Ladies, if you're holding your reception at a venue that has a staircase and banister HAVE Chris decorate it, it adds SO much character and that too was gorgeous! My flowers were everything I could hope for and so much more!

Sent on 11/07/2008

Jessica · Married on 09/20/2008

I would highly recommend Harwinton Florist. They had great suggestions for things that I was unsure of and carried out what I wanted perfectly at a reasonable cost. They were very easy to work with and made me feel comfortable, it was one less thing I had to worry about.

Sent on 03/08/2009

Diana · Married on 07/26/2008

My husband and I got married on July 26, 2008 in Hartford CT. The Harwinton Florist was very professional and the flowers & center pieces came out fabulous! I was very comfortable working with Chris (owner) and felt confident on any recommendations or opinions she had. I never hesitated to call her with any questions or concerns. The Harwinton Florist did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend them!

Diana Murelli

Sent on 11/08/2008

Beth · Married on 10/20/2007

My husband Tyler and I were married on October 20, 2007 at Wood Acres Farm in Terryville, CT. We chose the Harwinton Florist to design our wedding flowers. Since it was deep into the fall, we chose not to have very many flowers, but to use what the seasons had to offer (i.e. pumpkins, leaves, gourds, etc.). I do not know much about flowers, but I know what I like, and Chris (the owner of Harwinton Florist) met with me and took down my thoughts and suggestions, and I told her to do whatever. I can say that once my wedding day came, I had nothing to worry about when it came to the florist. I expected the Harwinton Florist to deliver, and they did - tenfold! I have never seen such beautiful bouquets or centerpieces in my life! I was so pleased, and received so many wonderful comments about our choice of flowers. I would highly reccomend the Harwinton Florist for any Wedding or flower needs!

Sent on 04/11/2008

Carol · Married on 09/22/2007

We chose The Harwinton Florist because we wanted our wedding to be a sophisticated and elegant event, didn't want to break the bank, and didn't want our flowers to look like an afterthought. I was a first-time, stressed out bride-to-be who was a little clueless about flowers. I had no idea which flowers I wanted, how many boutonnieres or corsages to order, how big the bouquets should be, etc. Chris asked about my ideas, my dress, my vision of the day, colors, flower likes and dislikes. Then she instantly took everything I said and came up a whole gameplan of ideas. I was struck by how great it was for someone to come up with fabulous ideas for me! I put down my planner and let her go with her ideas. She kept budget and tone of the event in mind every step of the way, and made sure we were on the same page with contract, expectations, and cost. The flowers were delivered the day of the wedding and set up on time and perfectly. She incorporated every one of the items I had selected for the tables. (The picture of the ceramic pumpkin centerpiece with gorgeous pumpkin roses in her portfolio is from my wedding). Everyone was blown away by the beautiful bouquets, the quality of the blooms, and the creativity of each individual and unique table centerpiece. I was so happy to have chosen such a talented professional to deal with, and would recommend her without reservation for anyone planning their own special day.

Sent on 04/27/2008

Brooke · Married on 09/14/2007

Our wedding was last September and we decided to have the Harwinton Florist provide for all of our floral needs. From the first time I met with Chris (the owner) I felt reassured and confident that she would provide the best service and flowers available. She helped with every detail, from color, size, arrangements, style, you name it- she helped create it. She was also very conscious of my budget and overall vision that I wanted to create for my wedding day. She delivered and set up all of our flowers the day of my wedding. Her staff was on time, pleasant and quite helpful. The flowers were absoultely beautiful and everything and then some of what I had expected. It was a pleasure working with the Harwinton Florist and I would recommed their services to anyone! My wedding went off without a hitch and I recieved more compliments on my flowers than I can count. Thanks Harwinton Florist for helping make my wedding beautiful and a great day to remember!!!

Sent on 05/19/2008

Heidi · Married on 10/16/2010

The Harwinton Florist won me over many other florists with their amazing charm and personality. The day of my wedding my flowers looked absolutely amazing and they were everything that I asked for. On top of it all they made sure to work closely within by budget, which is very important these days. I could not have asked for better service! I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Katie Mai · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful Wedding Flowers

Chris perfectly executed our vision for our wedding flowers. She was so easy to work with and everything turned out even better than we could imagine!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Catherine · Married on 07/27/2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with The Harwinton Florist for our July wedding! For us, the flowers were one of the more difficulty parts of the planning process. Chris expressed her professional opinion and really helped us refine our vision. We could not have been happier with the final product!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Maggie · Married on 07/27/2013

Chris at Harwinton is fabulous! She found flowers that were absolutely beautiful and had excellent suggestions for the questions I didn't know the answers to! I bought charms for each of my girls for their bouquet and she pinned theirs and mine in so me, everything was beautiful. She made beautiful arrangements for the church and for the banister at the hotel where our reception was. Everything was amazing :)

Sent on 10/12/2013

Chris · Married on 11/02/2012

Like many couples, flowers were the last item on our list. It wasn't so much a matter of asking "How much money did we set aside for a florist" as "How much is left?"

We went to a number of florists and explained what we were looking for. All were very good about being flexible within our budget. They said the budget would be tough, but they'd try their best.

Then we went to Harwinton and got exactly what we wanted.

We sat with Chris for about an hour. She didn't even let us tell her what our budget was. She wanted to hear our wishlist first.

We rattled off the essentials: boutenneires, corsages, centerpieces etc...

I then made a casual comment along these lines: "well in a perfect world, we'd have 'x' but we already scrapped that from the plan because we can't afford it."

Chris stopped me right there. "I want to know everything you want. Forget about whether or not you think can afford it." Give me the dream list.

So we started over and gave her the list we REALLY wanted - not just what we thought we could afford.

She came back with an estimate that was UNDER budget!

I can hear you know - "but the quality was mediocre, right?" NO!

The flowers were beautiful! Chris put together some beautiful orchid boutenneires with gold wiring that she designed herself and they looked amazing!

She incorporated gorgeous 6-foot decorative pieces to frame the altar and then suggested we re-purpose them for the reception. What a great idea to save money! She added flowers to our cake and our sweetheart table, and even gave us a few extra centerpieces!

Harwinton gave us the flowers we wanted but didn't think we could afford. Chris made the experience a breeze and we couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Sam · Married on 02/25/2011

Christine at the Harwinton Florist is a true professional. She made the ideas I had for my flowers come to life at my wedding. The centerpieces were beautiful as was my bouqet. I can't believe the amazing quality I received for the cost.

Sent on 04/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 08/08/2008

Chris was very helpful throughout the process. She was professional and honest with me. She definitely expresses her opinions but makes you feel comfortable with whatever choice you make.

Sent on 03/29/2009

Lindsey · Married on 11/23/2013

Christine from Harwinton was a pleasure to work with. She understood my flower vision, as well as my budget. The quality and final product of flowers for the wedding was breathtaking. We are so pleased with the work that Harwinton did and we would recommend them to others.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

Chris was great, she understood our vision, as i wanted to make my own centerpieces. i had a wine themed wedding and our centerpieces were made our of big wine bottles with flowers coming from the top. it was a hard task to get as many stems in the bottle but she made it happen! the guest thought they were so cool looking and beautiful. My bouquet was long stems lillys.
    .she totally created the vision i had in my mind. it was all beautiful.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Jillian · Married on 04/20/2013

0.2
      0.0
      0.0

Very disappointing. Flowers were poor quality and the wrong color (pink instead of orange!)
    Chris the owner seemed nice and organized during our initial meetings, unfortunately it was all very misleading. The bouquets we received looked nothing like the pictures in her office, more of a dying collection of leftovers. Pink roses are more common and I assume cheaper. The free flowers we got at our reception venue were much healthier and more vibrant. (and the correct color) We unfortunately did not know better, I hope to save other brides from this disappointment. It is your special day, do not let Harwinton Florist pull the bait and switch on you.

Sent on 07/12/2013