12 Reviews for The Happy Gnome

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
12 The Happy Gnome Reviews

Couldn't have asked for a better location for our special day- they did everything and made us feel so taken care of! Highly recommend the Happy Gnome for anyone looking for an intimate wedding experience!

Profile Picture Lesley, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We had the pleasure of working with Cia at the Happy Gnome for our intimate wedding. Her flexible, laid back approach made it so EASY to make decisions about our day. Cia met with us on multiple occasions and was there on the day of to ensure things went smoothly. I literally did NOTHING on the day of the wedding and it was perfect!

We had both our private ceremony and our reception at the Happy Gnome. We selected the HG because of the size and style - we didn't have to decorate at all! They provided nearly everything. For the small details not included, they had a list of vendors they recommended. And the food........

THE FOOD WAS A-MAH-ZING! We opted for NY Strips or Chicken (w/ optional menu for those w/ food sensitivity). I've never heard so many compliments over food at a wedding and I was so proud that it was ours.

Thank you Cia and staff of the Happy Gnome. You made our wedding so very memorable!

Profile Picture Lesley, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception in The Firehouse Room at the Happy Gnome and it was perfect! We were able to reserve the space months in advance with a low deposit, have a tasting for the buffet options (WONDERFUL FOOD - we received so many compliments on how good it was!), and set up early on the day of our wedding. We brought in centerpieces, flowers, candles, cupcakes from an outside vendor and did preliminary set up in the morning. When we arrived for the reception, the ambiance was perfect - the candles were all lit, tables neatly set with linens and the staff were courteous, helpful, on-top of the food, beverages, and anything my husband and I needed. We would highly recommend the Happy Gnome for events!

Profile Picture User5435726, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception here on 6/26/15 and it was beyond perfect! Emily and Cia (manager and events coordinator) were so professional and helpful with every step in the process. The food was delicious and the space was beautiful.

Profile Picture User4841184, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my rehearsal dinner at the Happy Gnome. Not only were the food and beverages delicious, but the upstairs space is lovely and has lots of character. My guests had a wonderful time, and our point-of-contact at the Happy Gnome, Emily, could not have been more awesome. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/8/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I knew the minute we met Emily that our rehearsal dinner would be epic and it was that and more!!! Everyone continues to rave about how perfect the venue was for our superhero theme, how speedy and kind the service was, how well organized and orchestrated everything went, and how delicious the appetizers, buffet meal, and dessert was!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Emily, the staff, servers, bartenders, and chef!! Best rehearsal dinner ever!!

Profile Picture Anne, 11/7/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Happy Gnome was the only location for our Rehearsal Dinner -- not just because we got engaged at the Happy Gnome, during a beer dinner no less, or the phenomenal beer selection, or the outrageously delicious food -- but because of the people. When celebrating one of the biggest days of your life, you want to be surrounded by friends and family, and that's what the Gnome is - one big-happy-welcoming family. And that's exactly how they treat their patrons -- like family. We had a beautiful rehearsal dinner -- full of delicious food, great cocktails, fun conversations, and stellar service. It was so special to my fiance and I to be able to share this wonderful place with our friends and family -- and everyone has not stopped raving about the food!

Profile Picture Diana, 11/1/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding reception at The Happy Gnome in the Firehouse Room this weekend and it was awesome. All of our guests agreed that the food was to die for, they even specially created a dish for us that wasn't on the menu. The staff was so helpful and easy to work with, and of course the beverage variety was well enjoyed by all! We had the fireplace going for a really lovely and cozy environment, and the full bar was really convenient and created a classy lounge atmosphere. Thanks to your team for giving us such a relaxing and enjoyable evening. I highly recommend The Happy Gnome for a no-fuss wedding for those of you that want to enjoy celebrating with your guests and not have to worry about the rest.

Profile Picture Magdalene, 10/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue and amazing food. Had our wedding reception here. Would definitely recommend for a smaller group in an intimate space. Can't wait to come back on our anniversary.

Profile Picture Matt, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The layout was flexible and able to accommodate many uses/formats. Dan was very helpful in helping us select a menu based on our guest list size and preferences. The Rental agreement is simple and doesn't require a lot of money up front which was great. We had our own staff for the event which meant that our guests all got the attention that they needed.

Profile Picture JEff, 6/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I can't say enough about the Happy Gnome as a wedding and/or reception venue. They were so easy to work with, so accommodating. The wonderful venue made for great photos. And the food is still talked about by our friends and relatives. I would recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture Mindy, 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married and had our reception at The Happy Gnome and had such an awesome experience! Dan was flexible and fun and easy to work with and was so accommodating to our requests and preferences! The staff on the day of our wedding were outstanding and treated us and our guest with so much kindness and respect.

Not only did we receive excellent customer service, but people still talk about how delicious our wedding food was (although we knew it was going to be amazing, as The Happy Gnome is one of our favorite restaurants in all of the Twin Cities!) and how awesome the bartender was!

Profile Picture Emily, 2/18/12, 1 Review