The Happy Couple Photography Reviews

69 | Holden, MA

69 Reviews for The Happy Couple Photography

Devin · Married on 12/15/2013

Joe did an amazing job with our wedding. He had done the photography for a wedding I had been a groomsman in and he was a blast to work with, so I figured we would go with him for our wedding as well. It was a great decision. Joe was on time and professional and got a feel for the layout of the venue (he had not shot there before), before we got going. He was flexible when the original schedule was tossed out the window (unsurprisingly it took the bride/bridesmaids longer to get ready than anticipated), and even with less time before the ceremony we were able to get the photos we had wanted. The photos were ready a few days early and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Joe and Katye were amazing to work with. I highly recommend them.

We chose the option of having engagement pictures taken, which I highly recommend because being photographed can be a weird feeling and the engagement photos kind of "break you in" before the wedding day itself so that you look more natural. Joe did the engagement photos and was wonderful - very friendly and flexible. It ended up being 45 degrees the morning the photos were taken (in May!!) and you would never know it from the photos. We looked warm and happy.

For the wedding, we had Joe for a full day and Katye for a half day, which allowed them to capture both me and my husband getting ready, and also to have a more diverse set of shots of the ceremony, the first look, and the cocktail hour. They did an amazing job of capturing the setting - from the amazing fall colors to the rolling hills to the barbeque prep and wedding decor. You can also tell that their background is in photojournalism. My favorite photos from the day are the unscripted moments - the flower girl wandering around during the ceremony, my mother-in-law laughing, us crying at the toasts, etc. We hardly noticed them the entire day, yet they captured everything. Well done, Joe and Katye!

Sent on 12/14/2013

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2013

Joe and Katye were awesome! I just got my photos and they are beautiful. The Happy Couple are amazing artists and capture gorgeous lighting and sweet moments. All without feeling intrusive-most of the time I forgot photos were being taken. They were able to portray laughter, silliness, and touching emotional moments better than a video. I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Gio · Married on 09/07/2013

There are not enough exclamation points to convey how wonderful our experience was working with Joe & Katye, The Happy Couple!!! We worked with them for both our engagement and wedding photos. Their professionalism is second to none and they make the process easy, stress free and FUN!

From day one I was impressed with Joe & Katye. I really appreciated how Joe came to our first meeting with a list of questions that I should ask HIM! It took the stress and guessing out of the whole process and immediately put me at ease. The wedding photo experience can be overwhelming with the number of family photos to be taken. Joe's organization, firm directions and warm demeanor made it all come together so easily. I especially appreciated the time he and Katye took to survey the venue the day before. They knew exactly where they wanted to shoot and when the light would be perfect. It's this kind of attention to detail that really makes them the best.

We couldn't be happier with our photos and album. They captured the emotion and story of the day so perfectly-- from the big happenings on the dance floor to the quieter moments like a quick smile or loving glance. I didn't think it was possible to infuse so much emotion and personality into a photo, but Joe & Katye do just that. We have been married a year now and our friends and family still talk about the photos!

I highly recommend The Happy Couple! Please, please, please work with them. You will love their work!

Sent on 01/31/2015

Giovanna · Married on 09/07/2013

Sent on 01/31/2015

Jason · Married on 08/10/2013

Joe was super flexible for our small, family-only wedding. We were on a tight budget, and he was able to give us a half-day, rather than pay for a full day. Additionally, when we learned a few weeks before the wedding that we would need to move the ceremony up by 5 hours (due to venue factors), Joe was able to accommodate our schedule change with no problem.

The pictures turned out fantastic, and we are very happy with the results. He captured so many beautiful candid moments, and the shots are very natural looking.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Bonnie · Married on 06/01/2013

I cannot say enough how much we absolutely LOVED working with Joe and Katye for our wedding. Their style and quality of photography is, in my opinion,unrivaled. We reviewed countless wedding photographers and Joe and Katyes' photos and approach just really stood out to us. They each have their own unique style of photography that really complements each other well. We wanted photos that captured the true feeling of the day. We weren't too interested in the standard wedding photos (although they are more than wiling to do those too!), but we wanted candid moments that portrayed the energy and love of the day. Katye definitely has a more artsy approach to her photography, so she delivers very unique, beautiful images. Joe does a great job of capturing candid, lively imagery and ensured he caught all the big moments and every guest in action. And they really delivered! When we got our photos back, my husband and I sat down and were laughing and crying. It felt like we were reliving the day.... we were so pleased with the outcomes.

Joe and Katye are also a breeze to work with! We had a few consultative meetings before the wedding that were easy and we left feeling confident that they understood our needs. We didn't even notice them on the day of the wedding. They were not intrusive at all. And, the value for the money was just amazing. Compared to other top photographers in the area, they were bit on the lower-end of the price range...it felt like a steal because they were so good!

HIGHLY recommend The Happy Couple! If you want unique and amazing photos that capture the true essence of your wedding, go with them!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Linda · Married on 05/18/2013

Having Joe photograph our wedding was probably one of the best vendor decisions we made. He took some really amazing photos and was wonderful to work with - both before, during, and after the wedding.

In the months prior to the wedding, Joe was great about communicating - we met twice in person and he responded promptly to any questions or concerns we had over email. On the day of the wedding, he was very professional, made everyone feel comfortable, and was really unobtrusive when taking photos. We received our edited photos just over 2 weeks after the wedding and are thrilled with how they turned out! Joe took a lot of candid shots that really captured many moments from our wedding.

We probably spent a higher % of our budget on photography than a lot of people, but we're really happy with the results.

Sent on 06/24/2013

We loved working with Joe and Katye!! Working with The Happy Couple was by far our best wedding vendor decision. We met with Joe twice before our wedding, and he made everything so easy for us. He is incredibly laidback and easy to get along with--we immediately felt comfortable with him. Joe and Katye were great on the day of the wedding, and made us feel so relaxed. We absolutely love our photos and have gotten so many compliments on them, and our guests are still talking about how much they loved the photo booth. The photos are really unique and they got some great shots. We also loved the fact that we didn't even notice they were there taking pictures. If you are looking for a laidback photographer with very creative photos, then we would highly recommend working with The Happy Couple. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Jeff · Married on 04/06/2013

Could not have been happier. The candids were great fun, the photo booth hilarious, and the staged portraits and group shots absolutely stunning! Joe and his partner were everywhere, yet we hardly knew it. Recommended to us by a professional news photographer, we were not disappointed.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Savannah · Married on 04/05/2013

The Happy Couple made our wedding photography dreams come true!

We were lucky enough to work with Joe on our wedding day. Not only is he an extremely talented photographer, but he is a genuinely nice person, who has your best interests at heart. He captured our wedding day perfectly, without being obtrusive or cheesy (unfortunately, this is behavior I've seen in other wedding photographers). He was amenable to our suggestions and ideas, while gracefully providing professional direction for all aspects of the day. It was effortless and fun - how your wedding photography should be! :)

I honestly can't say enough about The Happy Couple, and how thankful I am that we chose them to capture our wedding day. While their stylish online portfolio speaks for itself, it is the sense of lightheartedness and calm that they bring to your wedding day that really makes them the best in the business.

Stop looking for other wedding photographers and book The Happy Couple now.

Trust me.

Just do it.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Mary · Married on 03/09/2013

My husband and I spent a long time researching photographers for our wedding, and we could not be happier with our choice. Joe and Katy are amazing photographers. When I looked through our pictures after the wedding, I was really struck by how perfectly they told the story of the day and captured the personalities of our friends and family. Furthermore, our ceremony took place inside a large church with a lot of stained glass, and despite the difficult lighting, the pictures are stunning. Joe and Katy were flexible with last minute changes, creative in suggesting and arranging a location for our first look, and they also blended in at the wedding, which allowed them to take amazing candid pictures. I fully recommend them to everyone and am so grateful for the beautiful moments and memories they captured on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/04/2012

Amazing! Choosing our photographer was one of the most difficult choices of our wedding, mostly because we were so picky. I searched through thousands of pictures from different wedding photographers, but all of them left me desiring more from the pictures. I didn't like how heavily edited most of them were and I could tell it was just the photographer's attempt to cover up the fact that he/she hadn't caught the light right when taking the pictures. Then my life changed. I stumbled upon The Happy Couple's blog and I was immediately sold. As far as I'm concerned, Joe and Katye are the ONLY choice when it comes to wedding photographers in this area. They really know how to both capture the essence of your day and tell the story of your day through pictures. You hardly even know they're around, but somehow they come back with hundreds of beautiful pictures. I highly recommend hiring both Katye & Joe because they have such different views of the world. This comes through in their pictures and leaves you with two sets of very different, yet compatible, pictures rather than just two sets of similar pictures that happen to come from a different person's camera. Joe seems to focus on making sure he captures the complete story in beautiful pictures, which gives Katye the ability to keep her eye out for extremely artistic and beautiful shots. They may disagree with me on that and they certainly never told me that was their goal or plan, but that's what came through for me in our pictures. I have already recommended them to anyone I know looking for a photographer (even if the person doesn't need or want my opinion) and I honestly can't imagine being any happier with our pictures. The Torpedo Factory was not an easy place to shoot because of the odd lighting, but they managed to figure that out and capture the light in a beautiful way. Hands down the best choice we made for our wedding.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Jean · Married on 07/16/2012

Joe was so wonderful to work with from start to finish! He was always very prompt to respond, organized, professional, and asked all the right questions to make sure the pictures for the wedding were the shots that we wanted. He is so talented at what he does, and we can't stop looking at the photos! They captured all the emotions of our big day in such a unique and artistic way. We are so HAPPY we chose The Happy Couple to help us remember our big day!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Evie · Married on 07/07/2012

Joe and Kayte were better than I could have ever dreamed!! They took our ideas and enhanced them for both our engagement photos and our wedding day pictures. The pictures truly captured how wonderful they are at their craft. Because they are both trained in photo-journalism, you will not get a cheesy wedding photo out of them; rather a cherished, creative candid. I can't speak more highly of them and am recommending them to whoever needs professional photos take. LOVED working with them!!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Emily · Married on 06/03/2012

Joe and Katye of The Happy Couple are WONDERFUL!! Not only are they easy to work with, but they are two of the most talented photographers I've seen! Joe is the main photography, and Katye acts as the second photographer if the Bride and Groom wish to hire two...which we did. They each have their own styles and compliment each other perfectly. While Joe is take the posed shots, Katye is concentrating on details and candids...together they create a complete story of your day! We (and our guests) were unaware of either photographers the entire day, but the 800+ photos that we received proved that they captured every moment of our day! Our guests were blown away with the photos, as were we, and we will cherish them for years to come!! Another great feature of The Happy Couple, is that the price includes either an engagment session, or a photo booth at the wedding!!
    The Happy Couple is THE BEST choice you could make for your wedding photography!!

Sent on 08/20/2012

We worked with Joe Brier from the Happy Couple and he was FABULOUS. Our wedding was in May 2012. In addition to Joe taking awesome perfect moment photos - we had a photo booth which was another fabulous way to document all the fun people had. The quality of the photos were great by both he and that booth:-). Although, the photography services are not cheap, I think you actually get more than what you pay for with Joe. And super nice too.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Joe and Katye were friendly and nice and so professional. The perfect combination of everywhere to capture every moment but never in the way. Guests didn't even realize we had 2 photographers! The pictures were so creative and so beautiful. And they took so many!!!!! All their pictures are in the journalist style and are an awesome way to capture the true feelings, moments, and events of the day.

Sent on 07/12/2012
  • annie

annie · Married on 04/28/2012

I could not have been more satisfied with the Happy Couple Photography. Joe was a pleasure to work with from the first moment we contacted him - he was prompt, informative and easy to work with. Their photography approach was exactly what we were looking for - clean, beautiful and elegant photos...with a touch of playfulness. The flexibility of their services and packages also fit perfectly into what we wanted for our event. We booked both Joe and Katye for the big day, and were thrilled to see both of their photos and renditions of the day - they complement each other perfectly, but each have their own perspective. We continue to get amazing compliments on our photos from everyone who sees them. Overall, their work is charming and timeless, and their easy personalities made them an ideal addition to our wedding day.

Sent on 07/12/2012
  • EGraham

Emily · Married on 12/31/2011

My friend recommend The Happy Couple to me and I could not be more pleased. I think Joe is totally awesome and was willing to go above and beyond for myself and my husband. We did pictures around the Monument and Lincoln in 30 degree weather and Joe was a rockstar. All my guests loved the photo booth at the wedding and I got many compliments on how amazing he was. I have not yet received my pictures (this is only day 4 post wedding) - but I have no doubt that they will be any less than amazing. I cannot thank Joe enough for making me feel FANTASTIC throughout the entire process. I will recommend Joe to everyone I know!!!!

Sent on 01/05/2012
  • Leigha

Leigha · Married on 10/08/2011

We hired Joe for eight hours to cover our wedding ceremony and reception. We recently received the photos, and we couldn't be happier. Joe was professional yet very personable, a great combination for someone so intimately involved with you and your guests on your special day. He was also very accommodating, traipsing all over Old Town Alexandria so we could take advantage of the area's cobblestone streets and water front location. We got our photos very quickly as well, about a month after the wedding day.

Sent on 12/23/2011
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/10/2011

Lets face it, picking your photographer is one of the biggest decisions you make when planning your wedding. For many, it's also one of the hardest decisions. For those that come across The Happy Couple's website however, it should be one of the easiest decisions. In fact, after I met with Joe from The Happy Couple, I canceled the rest of my photographer appointments. On the actual wedding day, Joe did not disappoint. He came right on time and had already been to both the ceremony and reception site to set up. He was so easy to work with and you couldn't' even tell he was there. And then, just a few weeks afterward, we received our pictures... which are PHENOMENAL. I have heard so many complaints from my friends that their photographers did not get pictures to them in a timely manner or that key shots were missed... with the Happy Couple Photography, you can rest assured that will not happen. We seriously could not be happier with our pictures! Thank you again Joe and Katye!

Sent on 10/08/2011

kt · Married on 06/11/2011

My husband and I were very pleased with Joe Brier of Happy Couple Wedding Photography! We picked him based on his website and are pleased to report that what we liked on his website and blog are what we like in our wedding pictures. He is super flexible and very easy to work with. We meet with him over Skype since we were planning our wedding across the country. Also he was able to modify the his backdrop for the "photobooth" to incorporate our origami crane theme. On the day of the wedding he was calm and easy going, but made sure we kept to our schedule for pictures. We gave him a list of pictures that we wanted of our families and the various combination therein, which he had with him and used to do the pictures as quick as possible.

We are super happy with the pictures and thank him for documenting our wedding day so well!

Enjoy your wedding and have a wonderful marriage!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Sasha · Married on 06/04/2011

As a wedding planner, I have had the opportunity to work with a number of great photographers, but when choosing one for our own wedding, I couldn't seem to find one that fit. And then we stumbled across Joe, who had amazing pictures at a great value, a quirky sense of humor that we loved, and a mutual affection for the Chicago Bears. Joe gave us brilliant wedding photos - both creative and fun, with some artsy angles and lighting, and a few editorial shots thrown in. He managed to perfectly capture some quintessential family facial expressions, and definitely a lot of cherished moments, and we didn't even realize he was there. On top of that, he was always so professional, responsive, and fun to work with, and he went out of his way to meet us at our wedding venue well before the wedding just to "see the space." I know there are a TON of wedding photographers out there, but if you are serious about having someone capture everything seemlessly then Joe's your guy. (I didn't get to meet Katye, but I bet she's pretty great as well!)

Sent on 06/28/2011

Gina · Married on 05/14/2011

Joe Brier is amazing! He photographed our wedding on May 14, 2011, and he did a phenomenal job!!! He met with me beforehand to check out the chapel at the University of MD where we wed, and also the reception location. He is extremely friendly and easy to work with. The bridal party LOVED him, and said he did a great job of organizing all of us (20 of us, yikes!) for our photos. The photos turned out amazing, and I am so happy! Joe is very creative and uses a photojournalistic style that I love. I would definitely recommend using The Happy Couple for your wedding photography.

Sent on 06/21/2011