The Happy Couple Duo Reviews

43 | Cincinnati, OH

43 Reviews for The Happy Couple Duo

Sarah & Shane · Married on 03/30/2013

My husband and I both loved working with the Happy Couple Duo for our wedding! The entire process, from the initial planning meeting to the rehearsal to the very last song on the wedding day, was fantastic! The Happy Couple Duo poured creativity and hard work into every aspect of my event. I highly recommend them for both their live music and DJ services.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Tara · Married on 03/23/2013

My husband and I were so pleased with The Happy Couple Duo! Definitely the highlight of our wedding. Katy and Zachary were always quick to respond to any questions we had, as well as always willing to meet with us per our convenience despite their busy schedules.
    The ceremony violin arrangements were nothing less than perfect. We used The Happy Couple Duo for our DJs at the reception as well. Everyone enjoyed the music from the youngest of our guests to the oldest. They were very accommodating playing any requests as well as all the songs we had pre selected. Katy and Zachary went above and beyond our expectations. Their lighting set a great tone around our mansion venue and really up-played it's charming features.
    Such a talented, genuine couple with so much to offer, from a large, unique violin arrangement library, to an endless playlist selection and lighting! We would recommend The Happy Couple Duo to anyone!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Brooke · Married on 03/23/2013

We hired Katy & Zach to perform at my sister's wedding this past March because we were in search of contemporary musicians who could provide us with a large music library, of both classical and contemporary, without compromising skill. It was a plus that they offer dee jaying services, too. Additionally, we wanted a vendor with personality. We searched high and low and found no one vendor that offered the selection The Happy Couple Duo offered. They are intelligent, passionate musicians who go above and beyond to deliver outstanding services. They made the experience of selecting music and lighting enjoyable, outlined a clear planning process and were flexible with our needs. They arrived the day of prepared after having met with us in person a couple of times, touring our venue and communicating via email on several occasions. It was apparent that although they made a profit, they cared about providing excellent service, understood the wedding industry and how to customize their offerings based on the client. The fact that they were extremely down to earth was an added bonus. Perhaps most importantly to note is that they are phenomenal violinists. The ceremony music was beautiful. If music is important part of your wedding day, The Happy Couple Duo will not disappoint!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Meghan · event on: 01/19/2013

Best birthday ever!! My daughter and her friends had a"fantabulous" time dancing the night away at her custom-made blacklight dance party. Katy and Zach thoughtfully worked with her ahead of time on the set list and it paid off. These girls ROCKED to their favorite songs professionally played in what felt like their own private club. From the VIP entrance (past the bouncer) to the glow-in-the-dark paint and personalized wrist bands, it was a memorable experience all around. Happy Couple Duo will be our FIRST call for all future parties!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Erin · Married on 10/11/2012

Dominic and I have said, several times since the wedding, that hiring The Happy Couple Duo was our smartest decision! They helped us establish a sense of professionalism and elegance. We were able to be a guest at our own wedding because of Katy & Zach's confidence to run our evening and keep us on schedule. But the whole time the evening felt organic and genuine.

Sent on 10/30/2012

jennifer · Married on 09/22/2012

We used the happy couple duo for my daughters wedding ceremony and reception. They were professional, prompt, awesome musicians and DJ. Would happily recommend them !

Sent on 09/30/2012

Edward · Married on 06/30/2012

Very friendly and talented couple. Met with us at a convenient venue prior to the ceremony and tied up all loose ends. Had music selection ready to peruse and answered all questions. On the day of the wedding- they showed up on time, looked great and played great despite the ridiculous heat. Collected their contract fee and left. Was a smooth transaction and a breath of fresh air for a rather involved wedding held at our home organized completely by the wife and I. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Thanks, guys. -Edward & Megan

Sent on 03/20/2013

The Happy Couple Duo's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful review Edward and Megan! We had a lovely time at your ceremony and appreciate being part of your special day:) Cheers to you both and please don't hesitate to contact you if we can assist you down the road.
    Katy and Zach

allison · Married on 06/16/2012

The Happy Couple Duo helped make our wedding amazing. The were easy to work with, had an enormous( and ever-growing) list of music, and the were so much fun!
    They met with us months in advance and made sure we were all on the same page with the style of music we wanted. We picked out most of the songs but they gave us recommendations based off of the type of music we like. They also went through every step of the reception and helped give us a structure to follow, which made everything run smoothly. Everyone at my wedding loved them!
    They were really great at sticking with out chosen songs and then listening to the party-goers toward the end of the night and keeping the fun dancing vibe going until the very end.
    The were absolutely fantastic and I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2012

Katy and Zach did our ceremony and cocktail hour music, then DJ'd for our reception on May 12, 2012. They were so wonderful and easy to work with, and very accomodating. They have a HUGE library of music, and not just Top 40 or pop -- plenty of indie music -- and they were more than happy to take our requests. We and our guests had so much fun with them at our wedding, and we would highly recommend this great duo to anyone looking for ceremony/reception musicians!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Lindsey · Married on 04/14/2012

I highly recommend the Happy Couple Duo!!! They were excellent and professional.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Katie · Married on 02/25/2012

Katy & Zach were really, really wonderful at my ceremony. They began right on time and sounded amazing as guests were being seated and throughout the ceremony. I asked if they could play longer than originally booked a couple weeks before the wedding and they responded quickly and were super flexible (a huge relief when your wedding is right around the corner!). They added an extra flair to my ceremony & I am so glad I decided to hire them!

Sent on 05/11/2012

dianna · Married on 09/03/2011

This couple is truely amazing! After putting up with the music director from our church, they still managed to be a very happy couple. Their music is amazing ,& they are two very talented people. We had so many people compliment these two on their performance at our cermony. I highly recommend them to play at your wedding too.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Gwenn · Married on 07/06/2013

Katy and Zach,
    I am the mother of the bride and I just wanted to thank you for your participation in Emily and Nate's ceremony and wedding celebration. You exceeded my expectations in every way and the video you sent was wonderful and is certainly a reflection of the fun that you helped create. The lighting, music choices, and of course, your beautiful performance during the ceremony and cocktail hour made it all so special. We wish you well in all of your future endeavors and thank you again for being such a wonderful part of our celebration. The evening is something that I will remember forever.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Katy and Zach were wonderful. They were more than happy to help us build a somewhat untraditional song list for our wedding and somehow managed to find several rather obscure songs. On the day of the event, they were punctual, professional, and a lot of fun. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2011

Very easy to work with and they play so beautifully! My wedding ceremony was so much more special because of them. They also have one of the best prices around. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Marianne · Married on 10/06/2012

Katy and Zach played beautifully - I am so glad we found them. Their playlist is unique and they are a great value for couples on a budget!

Sent on 11/02/2012

HCD are quality musicians that can really customize or personalize a wedding! They were able to record and play our special song for our exit, design custom lighted screens, and sang a song with our best man! If you are looking for something specific or custom they are a great fit.

Sent on 06/17/2013

4.2

They sounded really great, especially the journey! We wish we would have been able to enjoy them more! We were so busy taking pictures we didn't get to hear much of the cocktail hour. Definitely would recommend.

Sent on 06/10/2013