The Hall & Gardens at Landmark Reviews

The Hall & Gardens at Landmark 3
The Hall & Gardens at Landmark 4
The Hall & Gardens at Landmark 5

Cheylaina · Married on 08/24/2012

In my mind, I had a vision of what the venue would look like for my Vintage Hollywood inspired wedding. Huge chandeliers was a must! Initially, I thought we would get married at Duke Chapel. When that didn't work out (because of the scaffolding that would take place on our wedding day and lack of reception venues in close vicinity to the chapel), I was left with very few options to accomodate my rather short (6 month) engagement! My wedding consultant suggested I take a look at The Hall & Gardens at Landmark. As soon as I visited the site, I was in love. I knew this was it! FINALLY, NO MORE SEARCHING!! The fact that it also included the garden chairs, chiavari chairs, sound equipment, tables, and linen was just icing on the cake!! I was able to stay within my budget by having my ceremony and reception at this lovely venue. The garden is absolutely stunning and made for great pictures!! Jamie was soooo sweet and a HUGE help. She sat down with us and was able to give us all the bang for our buck in addition to creating the floor plan. Anytime I called or emailed with my questions, she was quick to respond! I am so glad I chose The Hall & Gardens for my wedding day. Nearly two years later, guests still tell me just how wonderful and gorgeous my wedding day was! I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful wedding experience with Jamie at The Hall & Gardens!!

Sent on 03/06/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2012

We got married in the beautiful gardens at Landmark on April 28, 2012 then held our reception in their hall. Everything about the Landmark is absolutely beautiful. We picked the Landmark because we wanted to be able to bring in our own alcohol and pick our own caterer. Your price is dependent upon your rental time. Everyone on the staff is willing to help you in any way, and Jamie is just wonderful. Hire Kathy Moore as your director and you won't have to worry about a thing on your wedding day.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Stunning venue, great people to work with, extremely helpful in every aspect of planning the wedding

Sent on 07/09/2012

Monica · Married on 02/26/2011

I loved the Hall and Gardens at Landmark! It was a wonderful reception venue. It has gorgeous gardens for pictures as well as luxurious decor that your guests will love. The attention to detail (even in the bathrooms) is amazing. The staff is easy to work with and goes above and beyond to make your event unforgettable!

Sent on 04/28/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

Landmark is absolutely beautiful and Kristen was wonderful! Best wedding decision I made! I love the French chateaux look and feel and the gardens allowed us to enjoy the lovely fall weather, while having the ballroom as a backup plan. I recommend Landmark and would absolutely book them again!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Neshon · Married on 11/12/2016

Landmark is an awesome place to have your wedding! Even though we used Landmark only for our reception, we couldn't have picked a better place! Kristen was really helpful and answered any questions me and my now husband had. Kristen was flexible and had no problem helping out with suggestions/ideas without making us feel pressured. Me and my husband received so many compliments on how beautiful Landmark was and how nice the staff was. Landmark was worth every penny and I suggest anyone to use it to its full potential. Landmark definitely played a part in how great our wedding day was and me and husband couldn't be more happier. Thank you Kristen!

Sent on 11/20/2016
  • Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 05/30/2010

The Hall and Gardens at Landmark was an amazing place to get married. They were incredible from start to finish. My calls were returned, and my every need was met. I must have called 20 times to ask questions and make changes and all the staff were friendly and terrific. Everyone complimented me on picking such an amazing venue. Got married on a Sunday and saved some $$. Staff was there to help on my big day as well and catered to my every need. Book this place and you won't be sorry. Very professional and super sweet staff!!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Kim · Married on 10/21/2016

We booked this venue without seeing it because we don't live in NC. We were a bit nervous as pictures online can tell a different story, but couldn't be more pleased when we saw it in person. The Halls & Garden at Landmark is a hidden gem, truly - lush and well-kept garden makes for an amazing backdrop for photos and offers the perfect serenity for an outdoor ceremony; beautiful halls and ballroom with high quality decor; and the entire building looks like a mini castle! very elegant but not at all Disney-like. Kristen and Ashley were very pleasant to work with and were on their game throughout the whole process. We couldn't be happier with the whole package and would definitely recommend this place!

Sent on 10/13/2016

The gardens were a beautiful place for my daughter's bridal & engagement pictures and the wedding ceremony. Jamie even arranged the chairs in a circular pattern as my daughter wanted, even though it had never been done like that before. The ballroom is gorgeous and our guest were very impressed with it's beauty. Everything was set up & ready. Jamie was very good to work with and the price worked very well in my budget.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2012

When looking for a Ceremony and Reception venue we had three top criteria that were "musts" - ability to accommodate 200+ people, indoors, affordable. The Landmark was one of the VERY few venues who met these criteria. It is also a breathtaking venue both indoors (in the Ballroom and throughout) and outdoors (in the Gardens). Jamie and the Landmark staff are very professional and a pleasure to work with. They were a large contributor to the success of our big day and we are very grateful for all of their efforts and hard work. They allowed our dreams for a fairytale wedding to come to fruition and I would certainly recommend them to any brides-to-be looking for a perfect venue.

Sent on 11/25/2012
  • mrswilliams.soon

Tomeka · Married on 10/11/2008

The Hall and Garden at Landmark was a FANTASTIC venue! The gardens are beautiful and the regal decor inside is so elegant, everyone complimented us on picking such a nice location. Here is a quick breakdown:

Responded very quickly to all emails, phone calls, etc. They offered a wedding coordinator (at an additional cost) who was worth every single penny! Her name was Kathy and she allowed me to be the bride on my wedding day instead of running around making sure everyone was where they needed to be. She ran the rehearsal with NO PROBLEM with a great attitude despite us being 30 minutes late.

The only drawbacks would be how close the venue is to the road and scheduling rehearsal times. during the ceremony we heard someone blasting their radio as they drove by and a fire truck went by with very loud sirens. On the rehearsal side, another bride had her wedding the evening before me so we had to either rehearse at 2:00 p.m. on a Friday aftenroon or 8:30 at night. Considering I didn't want to ask my bridal party to take off work we took the late rehearsal. But as I wrote earlier, it went by quickly and smoothly because the coordinator was so great. There isn't really a location for cocktail hour, so we used half of the garden for the ceremony, and the other half for the cocktail hour, it worked out great!

Sent on 10/19/2008

Nicole · Married on 02/05/2017

The gardens were absolutely perfect for an outdoor ceremony! The audio/visual equipment at this venue was newly upgraded and absolutely perfect for our theme! Kristen and her staff were incredibly helpful, flexible, and accommodating to our unique wedding theme. Kristen was great to work with! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/13/2017
  • Rand

Rand Ahmed · Married on 10/06/2019

4.2

Gorgeous and sophisticated

I personally don’t like outdoor events and their ballroom is gorgeous. It’s very sophisticated and well embellished that it doesn’t require any decor to make it look pretty. I love the historic chateau look to the outside. And the gardens are spectacular for photos and any outdoor events

Sent on 06/08/2019

Holly · Married on 09/17/2017

3.0

Edit: The Hall at Landmark worked with us to rectify the situation. Kristen Leen (venue coordinator) was very helpful and assured us that they have been researching the situation and have had the sound system checked and worked on since.

We were SO excited to find and book this venue. It's beautiful. However, the venue has more rules now than it did when we first booked over a year ahead from our recent September wedding. You must use their specific caterers and follow their rules regarding alcohol consumption and security and such, which is becoming more and more common of course.
    But the issue that really disappointed us is that the SOUND SYSTEM IS AWFUL!!! The sound system is old, does not work-and apparently the venue already knows this but doesn't tell you ;) Surprise! We first realized it when we had issues at the Rehearsal-but the venue coordinator said "yeah it probably just needs new batteries". That was not the case AT ALL. The sound system would catch about two or three words and then cut off for the next three sentences. The ceremony was not AT ALL what he had hoped for. When you pay the amount of money this venue costs, you expect to hear what the pastor/minister/readers/announcers are saying. The ceremony was worth crying and screaming about-but when you're exhausted and don't know what to do except stand there and pretend everything is going to be ok, that's what you do. We wanted to stop the ceremony but we knew the system wasn't working whether we stopped or not. HIRE YOUR OWN DJ or bring your own sound system if you're allowed (they might have a rule about that too).

Sent on 10/11/2017

The Hall & Gardens at Landmark's reply:

Thank you, Holly, for giving us a chance to make your experience better! Again, we are so sorry for the electronic malfunction. We were assured by the technicians that everything was perfect and ready to go after their testing of our new system and we are so sorry that wasn't the case. We had them come back out and replace the microphones again and now everything is back up and running smoothly for all of our events. We are so happy for you and Steve and would be happy to have you come back for a complimentary anniversary photo shoot next year! Best wishes!!

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2015

3.5

Prior to selecting this venue I did A LOT of research. This venue provided a garden wedding and a gorgeous reception site. My new hubby was also very excited about the groom's suite. The managers of the site, Jamie & Erica, were always professional and polite and worked with us on payments. We were paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves so it was easier to send payments in as time went along rather than sending large payments at scheduled times. They remained very flexible until the end. The contract we had with them is very vague and does not state when you need your exact count in to them. Most vendors it is 4 weeks (28 days), with them it is 31 days. So if you hire them please remain very organized about your payments and dates because you will not receive invoices from them regarding how much you still owe and when it is due and you may end up paying for your original guest estimate rather than how many guests are actually coming.

Sent on 11/17/2015
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

2.5

I knew I wanted a beautiful outdoor ceremony with gardens as a backdrop, and the backdrop was everything I hoped for. We had great weather, and the gardens were absolutely beautiful. When you step inside the gardens you have no idea you are right beside the highway, a waffle house, and a gas station. I was extremely disappointed in the sound system, however. The whole point of a wedding is the actual marriage in the ceremony, and our guests missed most of it. The mic kept cutting in and out the ENTIRE ceremony. One of our songs we had in our programs didn't even get played, because the system was having so many issues. Do not use their system, get your DJ to bring their own. It was absolutely terrible. As much as you pay for the venue, you would think the sound system would work! We asked at the rehearsal (when it was messing up) if that would be fixed the next day. The response was "it should be working fine tomorrow." No apology, and no-it was not working fine on the wedding day. Other than the sound system, we had a great experience. All of our guests thought everything was beautiful! I just wish they could have heard our ceremony! Overall, we had a beautiful day, but we can not get over the sound system. If you have your DJ bring his/her system, you should have a perfect day!

Sent on 10/22/2017

The Hall & Gardens at Landmark's reply:

Hi Brittany, we are so sorry for the malfunction that happened the weekend of your wedding. We are happy that we could offer you a partial refund to make your experience better. We were assured by the technicians that our new system was up and running after thorough testing, but we are sad to say that was not the case. They did come back out and replaced the microphones and they have been working very smoothly for all of our events. We would also love to offer you a complimentary anniversary photo session to again display our apologies for this malfunction. We loved working with you and Cameron and wish you all the best!
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/17/2016

This venue is awesome. People were very accomadating. Gardens are beautiful. The Hall is spectular. Easy to work with.

Sent on 10/10/2016

3.6
      2.0

Venue is beautiful. Everything was set up and in place as asked. Coordinator was not as professional as expected towards wedding party and pastor. Condescending and rude at times. However would definitely recommend venue as a beautiful outdoor and indoor space for ceremony and reception.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

2.5

Well I picked this venue because it was gorgeous for our reception and there were many hotels close by. My issues with this venue solely lie with the person running it. Every time someone from my wedding (my mom, my in laws) went to the venue for one reason or another Kristen had to tell them how things I wanted for my wedding just weren't going to work. She told my parents how my table set up plan/idea wouldn't fit (30 foot wide room wouldn't fit 24 feet of table she said...) and then told my in laws that I had planned too much time for photos before. I'm sorry but last time I checked this was my wedding. I told my wedding party to not let her near me day of. She started multiple arguements between my mom and I during this process and who needs added stress?? Also she mentioned to my wedding planner A WEEK BEFORE my wedding that the tables I was planning to use wouldn't fit in their elevator and would have to be carried up to the third floor. This was my final straw. My rental company would take them upstairs for me but it cost me extra money that put me over budget. I understand things come up but we told her a year before we were planning to use 8ft long tables. Kristen is the downfall to this location and a pretty big one if you ask me. The gardens are lovely and there are so many pretty places to take photos.

The Hall & Gardens at Landmark 6
    The Hall & Gardens at Landmark 7
    Sent on 03/17/2018

1.4
      1.5
      1.0

The halls coordinator, Kristin, has a horrible attitude. She is very rude and shouldnt be in charge of that beautiful place. The maintenance guy is great and also the assistant.

Sent on 09/24/2016

AJ · Married on 08/05/2016

1.4
      0.5

Beautiful building. Horrible management. The Hall and Gardens lacked professionalism and common sense courtesy. Welcoming guests and getting simple direction for the cocktail hour was torture for some guests, and that is just the beginning! The Hall and Gardens coordinator, Kristin Leen, ruined the event for me, as the host for the wedding celebration, and several other guests. If you want details from a customer of this venue, from the bride, groom, mother or father of the bride, just email JOLEL0805@gmail.com and let's arrange to talk live. All the best for your event.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Tahnee · Married on 06/20/2015

0.4
      0.5

They lied to us about how many guest they could accommodate and they would not give us our money back.

Sent on 10/02/2015