The Hacienda Reviews

The Hacienda 4
The Hacienda 5
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/26/2009

This venue is a hidden gem!!! It is a Spanish style venue that was a home in the early 1900s. It is so beautiful with ivy growing up on the building, and a courtyard that makes you feel that you are in another place or time. Besides the beautiful surroundings, the venue also provides all-inclusive wedding pakages. Table decor, music, food, and wedding cake. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 02/02/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2009

The Hacienda did a wonderful job. Our wedding was perfect. Couldn't have asked for more! :)

Sent on 06/04/2009
  • MG

Margo · Married on 10/18/2008

My husband (then fiance) and I were originally going to book at at Tivoli Terrace. At the last minute, we decided to take a look at The Hacienda. I can't tell you how happy we are that we did! Every single person on staff was SO wonderful to us from start to finish! The convenience of having an all inclusive package under one roof took so much stress off of us! The food and our cake were absolutely delicious, the place was magically beautiful and charming, and I have the pictures to prove it! We could not have made a better choice... The majority of our 150 guests complimented us that night, or called us afterward to say what a beautiful wedding we had! And to top it off, we went back for dinner on our one year anniversary, and everyone remembered us! We have no doubt whatsoever in our minds that when we renew our vows, it will be at The Hacienda! Thank you Art, and everyone else who made our once in a lifetime wedding experience so amazing!!!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Susan · Married on 06/18/2014

The venue is enchanting! They have the best wedding packages in Orange County. All my guests loved the food and their carrot cake, everything was delicious. They worked with us very well to make sure the event was exactly the way we envisioned it! The coordinators were great the day of the wedding. They took care of us throughout the whole event and made sure we were very happy with everything.

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Elsa

Elsa · Married on 03/04/2014

OMG!! We can not say enough good things about this venue. BEAUTIFUL! HELPFUL! YUMMY FOOD! EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE! They were awesome. We highly recommend this venue if you want a non stressful beautiful setting wedding. We are from Hawaii and our families were surprised we choose this location to get married because we could have chosen to get married on the beach but we picked this location because we loves Disneyland which this location is near. The online pictures are beautiful but do not do the place justice. There are so many great picture opportunity places on sight. You would not know it from the outside but once inside it was like you were truly transported somewhere else. We are completely satisfied with everything that transpire from beginning to end. Mahalo from Maui Hawaii,
    <3<3<3 Elsa and Michael <3<3<3

Sent on 03/15/2014

A · Married on 05/14/2011

We just got married in the Taos Room at The Hacienda last weekend and couldn't have been happier with the venue, the process or the staff. We were referred by a coworker who had gotten married there a couple months ago and loved it. It's an all-inclusive venue--the cost of our package included the venue; ceremony; ceremony musician; decorations/flowers (not personals); food (appetizers and meal); the cake; unlimited wine, beer and soft drinks; and assistance from their coordinators throughout the process.

I'm not one of those girls who's been planning her dream wedding since she was five, and I knew that my guy and I would be on our own as far as the planning, so the all-inclusive route The Hacienda offers was great in terms of significantly reducing the number of details we had to manage--we only had to take care of getting the photographer, videographer, deejay (required to be picked from their list), officiant, my bouquet and bridal party flowers. This was especially helpful given that we decided to put our foot on the gas and plan our wedding in 2.5 months from start to finish.

The price was right as well. Before checking out The Hacienda I'd looked into a few other venues and determined that the cost of renting the venue plus getting catering, cake, decorations/floral, ceremony, etc., was going to cost way more.

The space is beautiful--California Spanish garden, but also has a covered patio space. It was the perfect size for our 100 guests so that nobody was off in the boonies nor were we stacked on top of each other. We got so many compliments on how nice the venue was.

From our first visit, the coordinators (they all work on anybody's wedding, but you are assigned specific one[s] for the day of your wedding) were friendly, informative and helpful. Whenever I had a question or needed something, I could count on getting the answer or it taken care of quickly. At one point we were struggling with selecting a deejay (The Hacienda requires that the deejay be selected from their list of preferred vendors) so I called and one of the coordinators was able to give me a rundown of the styles of the deejays (e.g., more emcee vs. quiet) and that helped us pick one that ended up being a great fit for us. On the day of the wedding our two coordinators couldn't have been more on top of everything and helpful. They ran the show so well that we never had to wonder "what should we be doing now?" They checked in with us frequently throughout the event, making sure we had everything we needed, whether it was an extra pin for a boutonniere, our meals, or a refill on our champagne, and they were efficient with the schedule and kept things flowing smoothly without being stressed, stressful or bossy.

The reason I gave a 4.5 on Flexibility is that for a few of the items your choices are limited or nonexistent, such as only being able to use a deejay from their list of preferred vendors, not being able to play recorded music during the ceremony and having to pay extra if you want a cake flavor other than their Viennese spice cake. We're pretty easygoing people, so we weren't *too* bothered by it, but it did make a couple things a little challenging--not being able to use a deejay that other friends had raved about, having to work within the pianist's repertoire for our ceremony music (side note to The Hacienda: In addition to the classical songs you have listed in the FAQs on your website, please list the fact that Don knows contemporary songs/artists such as Coldplay, The Beatles, Colbie Caillet, etc., and is willing to learn songs he may not already know if given enough lead time. I learned this talking to him a few days before the wedding and it opened up more choices for us to find music that was a better fit with the vibe of our ceremony.).

On the whole I highly recommend The Hacienda!

Sent on 05/18/2011
  • Andrea

Andrea Madrigal · Married on 12/16/2018

Beautiful wedding at a beautiful venue

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding day at the Hacienda last week. We decided to plan our wedding during December based off of the holiday photos depicted online of this venue. The decorations did not disappoint! Our venue was decorated BEAUTIFULLY and it entirely complimented our vision of having a Christmas themed wedding. I cannot express enough how amazing the venue looked. Additionally our wedding coordinator, Laurelee Bunnell, was absolutely phenomenal. She was entirely professional, organized, and also very caring. My sister got married last year at a different venue and we had such a negative experience with her wedding day coordinator, I was happily surprised that my coordinator was the complete opposite. Laurelee definitely made the day 10 times less stressful and kept us on track of our plans. Overall, the experience was very positive and I would definitely recommend this venue to others!

The Hacienda 6
    The Hacienda 11
    Sent on 12/23/2018
  • Rancy

Rancy · Married on 10/20/2018

The Hacienda is the best dream wedding venue for a great value!

The Hacienda was a dream wedding venue.... We looked at a lot of venues before deciding on The Hacienda. As soon as we stepped into the restaurant, it felt like we walked into a magical fairytale land. The space is just gorgeous! What appealed to us the most was their very simple package deal, unlike other venues where they add a bunch of costs on top of each other and come out with a very complicated quote (like F&B, servers, bartenders, tables, chairs, decorations, cake cutting, sound system, venue hourly rental fees etc. etc....) The Hacienda is an all inclusive package INCLUDING centerpieces, cake and cake cutting, live pianist for ceremony, full lunch or dinner service, hor' dourves during cocktail hour, open bar+ bartender, event coordinators, wedding planning and a coordinated rehearsal!! Where else can you find a venue like this that simply includes EVERYTHING! All you have to provide is your headcount and you have the final price. I also didn't have to hire an outside wedding planner or wedding coordinators cuz they do that all for you!

The other big draw was the beauty and functionality of the whole space. I dislike empty ballrooms because you have to bring in all of your decorations and it's a lot of $$. But this place is naturally so full of greenery and flowers everywhere that there's no need to bring in any extra decorations (other than your personal decors like photos, gift card box, place cards... personal things like that) They even provide beautiful orchids as centerpieces! Where can you go to save cost on centerpieces?? It's almost unheard of. I only had to spend floral money on bouquets, bouts and corsages, spent ZERO on florals for venue (cuz there's no need to!) Their food is amazing, and their wedding cake (included in the package) is a delicious carrot cake and I couldn't believe it was included too! There was no cake cutting fee either, all included! I couldn't care less about spending money on centerpieces and cake, so it was perfect for me!

The functionality of the space was amazing, the ceremony courtyard is BEAUTIFUL and a dream place to get married. All the other spaces were beautiful and big, lots of space to decide where you want the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception to be. We had all 3 in 3 different spaces, our guests were very impressed! There are many beautiful areas with chapels and greenery to take photos, there's a beautiful water fountain and the bridal suite is really cute! Another huge perk was the parking, there's ample free parking so guests don't have to worry about that at all.

The team! They were terrific and so helpful, gave a lot of guidance and always were very responsive. If I wrote, someone always wrote back, if I called and they weren't available, I always got a call back. They are a very professional and organized team. I want to thank the team members that we worked with: Art, Laurelee, Claudia, Robin & Melissa. They are all wonderful at putting together our dream wedding. Through the 6 months of planning, we went there to take meetings with them 3 times, and each time, they were very patient and worked with our vision to get the logistics right. I want to give a special thanks to Art and Laurelee, our 2 coordinators for the wedding day, they were so great and guided everything and everyone to be on time and everything was where it should be, literally nothing was out of place or missing. I had expected there would be little flaws here and there, but thinking back, they worked so invisibly (I can't recall seeing them much during the wedding, but I knew they were working their magic so everything would go right) I can't recall a single flaw!

A special special thanks to Art, a very very kind man and professional wedding planner/coordinator, he took our last 2 meetings and also conducted our rehearsal smoothly. You are the best Art!

I can only think of one thing that I hoped they could do differently and be more flexible about, was the arrival time of the bride and groom. They don't allow bride & groom to arrive earlier than the guests ( you can, but will to be charged for arriving earlier). My guest arrival time was 10:30am and we also arrived at 10:30am (in a separate space from the ceremony). If there's just one thing to suggest, I suggest they consider giving the bride & groom the convenience of arriving just 30 mins earlier at no charge, that would take away a lot of pressure and more time for photos.

But even if we arrived at the same time the doors opened for guests, it still all worked out fine and we were VERY VERY pleased and couldn't be happier about our PERFECT wedding!! THANK YOU HACIENDA~!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Mandy · Married on 07/09/2016

My husband and I saw this venue and booked it on the same day. It was perfectly cozy and quaint for the wedding of our dreams. It's an old Spanish house converted into a restaurant property so there is a ton of character. Not to mention the price point was reasonable and included so much (basic floral centerpieces, linens, cake, free flowing champagne or beer). They offer brunch weddings which was exactly what I was looking for. They helped set up most of the decor, but the venue is already so well decorated, you aren't doing everything from scratch. Art was my day-of coordinator and he was a pleasure to work with. He made sure to know what my vision was and he made magic happen even when I decided to change linen colors a few days before. I would highly recommend using them again.

Sent on 07/19/2016

melanie · Married on 01/10/2015

Five Stars is minimal compared to the outstanding service provided; if I could I'd give 100 Stars! The Quality of Customer Service and attentiveness the Hacienda provided has easily superseded our expectations and made our Wedding Day unforgettable; THANK YOU!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Melissa · Married on 11/01/2014

The Hacienda is an absolutely beautiful venue and you really get a lot for your money here. They were organized, professional, and provided great communication every step of the way. Our wedding was perfect and everything I gave them to set up looked so much better than I ever imagined. We probably would have paid to upgrade our menu, but they don't provide food tastings for the upgrade options so we went with their standard Mexican buffet which was delicious. The day of coordinators made sure everything ran smoothly and I can't thank them enough for providing us with such a perfect day.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Lindsey · Married on 11/16/2013

We had our wedding here this November and it was absolutely perfect from beginning to end. The coordinators at the Hacienda are so friendly, helpful and on top of EVERYTHING- they take all the stress and worry off of you. This venue is pretty much all inclusive and it allowed us to plan our wedding in 5 months (actually, it was pretty much done in 2- thanks to The Hacienda). The venue is gorgeous, the perfect setting for a wedding. The day of the wedding was flawless. Christin was our coordinator and she was amazing! She was calm, on top of everything- everyone loved her and was so impressed with how well she handled everything. Art was also one of our coordinators and he was the one who showed us around initially and he was awesome too. He was very helpful in recommending vendors and answering all of our initial questions. I would recommend renting out the whole venue so you have the entire place to yourself. The whole night was flawless. Also, we did the buffet with Mexican food and the food is AMAZING...all of our guests loved it. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Heather · Married on 02/17/2012

My daughter was married on a Friday night and everything was wonderful. The staff were exceptional and everyone remarked about how magical and romantic the venue was. Nothing went wrong and we couldn't have been happier with our choice to have the wedding at The Hacienda. Thank you.

Sent on 05/21/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2011

When planning my wedding, I knew I wanted an outdoor setting. I wanted to stay away from the traditional ballroom environment since it's always been the setting for almost all weddings I've been to. I found the Hacienda through my sister who attended an event for her company. The setting is very beautiful. Lots of trees and flowers, and twinkle lights.

If you're someone like me, who has budget restrictions, and was pretty laid back regarding details (centerpieces, musicians, linens, etc.), the Hacienda is a godsend. True, the cost per plate is higher than some places that I've checked, but I didn't have to worry about the centerpieces, linens, cakes, musicians. At the day of the event, LeAnn and Kristen were my coordinators and they were AMAZING. My guests, the groom and I LOVED them. They were very professional and kept checking on us and making sure we were happy and on schedule.

The food was also very good. Everyone loved the chicken marsala and the sirloin they served. So happy with the food.

The only complaint I had was that they don't let you in earlier than 30 minutes before the ceremony. I had to purchase an extra 30 minutes to take pictures and get ready, which wasn't enough time. But overall, the Hacienda made our day even more special. Highly recommend if you're laid back and want a small, intimate wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2011

Christina · Married on 03/29/2014

3.5

The Hacienda is a hidden Gem! Our wedding was beautiful and the staff were absolutely professional and organized. If you want a gorgeous wedding with less stress this is the place for you. you are a little limited by certain vendors you can use but i found all the vendors Hacienda recommended to be top notch. They know what they are doing!

Sent on 04/14/2014

3.5

People still rave about how good the food was at my wedding at the Hacienda. The decor was amazing and they were fantastic problem solvers when it poured rain on my wedding day. I highly recomend the Hacienda for the type of bride who is looking for a one-stop shop. The cake was included, as well as much of the decor.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Griselda · Married on 08/01/2009

3.5

My husband and I fell in love with this place at first sight. We did the outside ceremony in a beautiful garden courtyard, and had the reception inside the romantic hacienda. The night was a complete success. There is a wedding coordinator in charge making sure everything happens on time without a glitch. I was a stress-free bride! There lowest score is the flexibility because of the restrictions, but overall a great place and we have beautiful pictures to remember it by:)

Sent on 01/26/2010
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 10/13/2017

Ever since we walked in to The Hacienda we instantly fell in love with the place. It was a real hidden gem and had everything we were looking for and the staff was so friendly, accommodating, and understanding. They were very flexible with wanting to assist and make sure our vision came true. We loved that it came with tables, linens, chairs, cake, open bar, bunuelos and wedding cookies as well as coffee bar, and a choice of food according to the vision we had. We personally opted for a Southwestern Buffet but they also have plated dinner options. We were invited to taste the food before actually deciding on the venue and that was definitely what sold us! The carrot cake was also absolutely delicious and had the best frosting I had ever tasted. The enchiladas were just the right amount of cheese and sauce. There was also a groom and bride suite that was so convenient to have during our event. After so many things that had already gone wrong the day of our wedding, our day of coordinators were such a blessing and such a huge sigh of relief and weight off our shoulders we instantly felt like we were in good hands when we finally made it to our venue. They were both so professional and were so understanding even when we didn't make it to our extra photo hour due to some car troubles and let us stay some time afterwards to take pictures with friends and family. We truly felt well taken care of and loved the fact they kept us on track for our wedding ceremony timeline. Our Guests were all raving about the food and how delicious it was and what a beautiful wedding and venue it was as well. We are so happy with our choice and we really could not have chosen a better venue, and believe us we browsed about 5-6 other places and this was so well worth it with the level of service, professionalism, and expertise.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/18/2015

3.0

I just booked and they have been amazing this far! Everyone is very professional and nice. I am so excited to my my wedding here!! It is beautiful and is nothing like I have seen for the price!
    I look forward to working with the venue and cannot wait for the big day! :)

Sent on 09/03/2014

3.5

Beautiful place! They do everything for you and take the stress away on your wedding day. All my guests were happy and lots of complinents.

Sent on 04/05/2014

Was so easy to work with! And the price was amazing for what was included.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Lindsay · Married on 07/28/2013

3.0

I would highly recommend The Hacienda as a wedding venue! They made my day stress free and beautiful! We got so many compliments on this place, and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you and your guests are having a great time. If you are hoping for a lot of your own touches for your wedding, this may not be the place for you as they provide the decorations and state that you cannot change them. This was perfect for me because they do such a great job, I did not want to change a thing! I would definitely recommend looking at this venue!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Lorena · Married on 06/16/2013

3.0

My wedding this past June 16, 2013 went great. Everything I asked of The Hacienda Staff was met. My tables were perfect, the cake table looked great, our Sweetheart table looked beautiful. I had no problems whatsoever. I feel the price we paid for the venue and for the amount of guest (50) was perfect. All of my guest loved the look and atmosphere of The Hacienda. The Staff was very attentive and kept on top of things at all times. Very satisfied.

Sent on 06/19/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

3.0

From the moment we first walked into the Hacienda, my husband and I knew this was where we wanted to get married. We booked with them a little over a year before the wedding and then went back for brunch probably 5 times with various members of our family between then and our wedding on June 9th.

During the planning there were a few hiccups - some misunderstandings and some things that were not explained as clearly as perhaps they could have been early on - but the service, the staff, the food, the ambiance and just the venue in general on the evening of the rehearsal dinner and day of the wedding more than made up for any of the issues experienced during the planning process.

Many of our friends and family have said this was the perfect place for us to get married and we couldn't agree more. Just this morning my husband asked when our next free Sunday is - he wants to go back for brunch!

Sent on 06/26/2012

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the Hacienda. We were looking for some place that could accommodate several things. A specific date on short notice, somewhere we could have both wedding and reception, a location with a beautiful outdoor setting, and somewhere with inclusive packages. We hit the jackpot.

We had the wedding and reception in the evening in their outdoor patio area. It looked like a fairy land, with all the beautiful flowers and white lights in the trees. It is a very romantic setting.
    The food was fabulous, and everyone remarked at how wonderful everything was.

When you read the information on their website, it can be a little off-putting. I had a specific D.J. I wanted to use. He was not on their list, however, when I spoke with the D.J. he said he had done weddings there. I called the wedding coordinator, and they had him send over his insurance information, and we were then good to go.

My only negative comment would be this: since they do not allow recorded music for the ceremony, I had to use one of their pianists. I sent her the list of music we wanted, and in corresponding by email, she informed me she had a standing date every Saturday to play for a local church. She would finish that service 15 minutes prior to the start of our ceremony, but felt she could make it in time with no problems. She was almost one half hour late, which pushed back the schedule for the entire evening. Since you only have four hours for wedding and reception without paying extra, her lateness gave us less time to dance and enjoy the music.

All in all though, we highly recommend The Hacienda. Their wedding coordinators are wonderful, the facility fabulous and the food? Well, we have gone back since then to dine:)

Sent on 07/08/2014