The Grove Redfield Estate Reviews

171 | Glenview, IL

171 Reviews for The Grove Redfield Estate

• Annie

Shuang Annie · Married on 03/02/2013

Carol at the Grove has been very responsive and helpful throughout our wedding planning process.
    We added 2 hours to the standard 7-hr rental period after talking with our caterer and photographer, and she was very flexible and helpful with the changes.
    To be honest though, I'm not sure how people manage to finish everything in 4.5 hours (7hr - 1hr clean up - 1.5hr set up). So I would definitely suggest renting the place for 9 hours if you want to have both the ceremony and reception here.
    The Grove was also very accommodating for our ceremony rehearsal. I was an hour late to the rehearsal (due to some transportation issues) and John who was waiting for us at the property was super nice about it.

This venue was very beautiful, although it can be a little hard to find for some guests as the entrance into the grove is quite small. Our wedding was in early March and there was snow on the ground. Cold, but very romantic.

The only thing I didn't like too much about the place that if you're having the dinner reception indoors, the Great Room only fits a maximum of 52-56 guests. Around 24 more people can sit in the garden room. I felt bad though not having everyone together, since people in the garden room could not hear the toasts or see anything that is going on in the Great Room. This is not too big of a deal as long as guests don't mind it.
    I think over 100 people can sit together outside when the weather is warm.

Overall, this was a unique and beautiful wedding venue. And everyone we encountered here were nice and easy to work with.

Sent on 03/16/2013
  • F

Farnia · Married on 07/14/2012

I absolutely loved The Grove as a wedding venue. It's such a unique venue for more than just weddings, but having our wedding there, under their new pavilion at the time, was remarkable. The entire estate is such a beautiful place, with dozens and dozens of areas for photography. The staff are about as friendly as it gets and are so helpful along the way, leading up to the wedding day. Overall, there's nothing I can say that is bad about this staff or venue. It was a truly magical day, as any wedding is, but the Grove definitely helped make it even more magical with it's scenery and easy going staff.

Sent on 10/08/2015
  • Kirkie

Kirsten · Married on 05/24/2009

Our main contact was Carol and she was great! She always got back to us right away! The venue is gorgeous! The one thing is the building could've been cleaned a little better. We did arrive a little earlier than expected, but the caretaker was around so we could get in. That was nice since there was so much to do! The building wasn't built with sound in mind, so guests in the back room had trouble hearing music and announcements. If we had known, we would've made sure the dj was aware.

If we had to do it over, we'd totally book The Grove again!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Emily · Married on 06/28/2008

The Grove's Redfield Estate is a gorgeous place to host your ceremony and reception. I absolutely loved it! The house and the grounds are very well-kept, and the house is beautifully restored. The garden surrounding the house always impresses me.

I had planned to have my dinner outside, but unfortunately it rained on my wedding day....that didn't matter though, the house was big enough to seat my 125 guests inside.

The woman in charge of weddings and booking is absolutely wonderful. She is friendly, professional, and was very prompt to respond to any questions i had. On many occasions, i would e-mail a question and i'd have a response within the hour!

i would highly recommend the The Grove for any Spring or Summer outdoor wedding. Beautiful and unique.

Sent on 07/15/2008

Jeweletter · Married on 08/11/2016

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! The guests were in love with the location and the beautiful scenery! It was 93 degrees on my wedding day so the air conditioned lovely estate definitely kept our guests from melting lol :)

Sent on 08/31/2016

Kristin · Married on 08/22/2015

3.5

We knew Redfield Estate was the place for our wedding the second we stepped foot on the property. It's the perfect place to host both a ceremony and reception. They also offer GREAT discounts if you go through their preferred vendors. It is a risk to book here though because most of the venue is outdoors so if it rains and you are hosting a 100-120 person wedding, it will be tight. Also watch out for the mosquito if you get married in the summer as it can be quite muggy. Overall, it's beautiful and a perfect place to be married if you want to risk the weather. Our wedding was perfect with no rain! Couldn't ask for a more perfect place!

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • User3655045 · event on: 07/15/2013

3.5

The venue was stunning! The staff was quick to respond to my emails and phone calls when we were "planning" the event. I would definitely use them again. My only comment is that the number The Grove gives you is for the ENTIRE building. We assumed it meant for the large main floor. We ended up moving a table up to the balcony to make everyone fit the day of the event. Overall, it was a stunning venue with a very attentive staff.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Jodi · Married on 06/10/2012

3.5

The location is beautiful. Between mother nature and the grounds keepers, extra decore is not needed. I would do it all over again at the same place in a heart beat.

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/09/2011

3.5

The Redfield Estate is a wonderful place to have a non-religious wedding ceremony!! My fiancé and I were having such a hard time finding a ceremony site that wasn't a church or a room at a banquet hall. You can also have your reception at the Redfield, but it was not big enough for our guest count. The new pavilion is absolutely gorgeous and I could not be happier with my decision. The house has such a charm and understated elegance that it is the perfect venue for a bride who wants a vintage, fairy tale, or shabby chic feel to her wedding. My husband and I got so many compliments for this site, everyone said they had never seen such an original and unique ceremony.

Sent on 08/03/2011
  • I

Irina · Married on 11/23/2018

Anniversary and birthday

We had very good time with our 40 guests. Everything was handled as good as possible. Very pleasant environment.

Sent on 12/09/2018

The Grove Redfield Estate's reply:

We're so happy that you had an enjoyable experience here at The Redfield Estate. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and we hope to see you at The Grove very soon.

Tracy · Married on 08/04/2017

This was the PERFECT venue. I always wanted an outdoor wedding, and the Redfield Estate allowed us to have a beautiful ceremony in a simple, but pretty gazebo and the reception in a covered, outdoor pavilion. Had it rained, we could have moved either the ceremony or reception indoors to the estate house, but the pavilion was also well covered and could have protected guests from potential rain as well.
    Throughout the night I received so many compliments from guests about how beautiful the venue was and such a rare find in the Chicagoland suburbs.
    The Grove staff was great, making sure we had access to everything we needed and even offering suggestions about using the fireplace vs. warming lamps, as the day of our wedding was fairly cool for August.
    When we first met with the Grove staff, they provided a list of catering vendors. While the list of pre-approved vendors is fairly short, we were able to find one that met our needs perfectly. (You can also use outside caterers, but for an additional fee.)
    It was also great that the Grove supplies all of the tables and chairs for both the ceremony and reception, so you don't have to also have to find a company to rent furniture from.
    It was a truly magically place to get married and I would highly recommend the Redfield Estate to anyone who is looking to host an outdoor event.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Halie · Married on 10/08/2015

The Grove is beautiful. I have always gone there as a child and imagined that I would get married there. I could not have been happier that I chose that venue. Carol was awesome, and super helpful all the time. She answered my emails pretty quickly and all my questions were answered very well. I could not be happier with her. There was no guessing or surprises, she was extremely upfront and honest about everything. I really appreciated that.

The only reason that I gave it 4 stars for professionalism, and flexibility was because there was a person who I worked with the day before and on my wedding day who had a huge attitude. Shelley was extremely nice over email so I was actually excited to meet her. She didn't even introduce herself....I read her name tag. I did not get the vibe that she cared about me or my wedding day. I will give her that she really cared about the property and that was her main and only concern. I didn't like being treated like a person who was going to trash the place. The day of my rehearsal I had 3 children there who were 3 years old and 1 baby. She refused to let them inside and said "I don't really feel like having a bunch of kids running around." First of all, I paid for the venue. Also, right off the bat that is how you welcome people? It rubbed me the wrong way, and the kids sat outside. I was too nervous about the wedding to fight that battle. I just found it extremely rude. I get it, kids who aren't supervised can be awful and no one likes to deal with that. These children were clearly supervised. My niece who was my flower girl was so excited to see the house. I felt terrible that she stared to cry because she couldn't go in. :( She wouldn't even let them in the door....jeez. I had everyone who was so very nice. Everyone was always saying Congrats or are you excited?! ect. She did not say one word except that. She didn't ask who the bride was to meet me....nothing.

Besides that, my experience was just amazing. :)

Sent on 11/23/2015

The Grove Redfield Estate's reply:

We appreciate your taking time to write a review and hope that you had a wonderful experience on your wedding day. Our staff strives to offer the best in customer service and I am sorry you felt dissatisfied with Shelley during your rehearsal. We have discussed your comments and want to assure you she did not intend to upset you and are very sorry you perceived her actions in a negative way. Thank you and Happy New Year

Cara · Married on 10/11/2013

3.0

Wonderful Experience. Beautiful Day. Very easy to work with.
    The only problem is that the bookings are so frequent, it was hard to schedule the rehearsal that was needed the day before the wedding.

Very pleased!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Beautiful venue. You will not regret having a wedding here and all of the people were great to work with. The only comment I would make is if you do a morning wedding, the window of time is really small. We had the venue from 9-4 and started our ceremony at 10:30. We found out during our wedding we really had to be out of there around 3:00. It made everything feel a lot more rushed and made the overall experience that much shorter. I would guess that people who do night weddings here do not feel that pressure as much.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Lisa · Married on 09/15/2012

3.0

We loved the Redfield Estate especially if you plan on an outdoor ceremony. The staff were also very helpful with all my questions and also provided suggestions. My only gripe is the time slots but with a church you also have time slots. Loved it and would recommend to all my friends!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Gracie · Married on 09/01/2018

3.5

We just had our wedding at the Grove, it was a blast.
    The cost of this place is very reasonable and the staff are super knowledgeable and helpful.

Sent on 10/05/2018

The Grove Redfield Estate's reply:

It is always such a pleasure to read kind words from our wonderful couples! We love making your vision for your big day come to life. We hope to welcome you back to The Grove for many years to come.
    Thank you!

Ronald · Married on 07/29/2017

It is a beautiful place for wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Ryan · Married on 11/16/2012

2.5

Wonderful place and people , beautiful set up for an outside fall or inside wedding

Sent on 12/04/2012

Leslie · Married on 09/04/2010

3.5

An outdoor wedding has it's drawbacks. Weather is uncontrollable and there must be a plan. Redfield Estate has that plan. Thankfully, we were wed outdoors under the oak tree and all was absolutely beautiful. We will treasure this memory always. Many friends and family went on and on that it was the most wonderful wedding they had ever been to. It certainly was!

Sent on 10/06/2010
  • Jenna

Jenna Rizzo Mattuck · Married on 06/22/2019

Picture Perfect

My wedding ceremony and reception were held at the Grove and the experience was almost perfect! I highly recommend asking to work with Carol and not Deborah. Unfortunately, I had not worked with Deborah during the planning, but she was the one present the weekend of my wedding. She was unprofessional and rude to my family, my husband, and myself. Carol is excellent and I strongly suggest asking that she be the one to work with!

Sent on 07/30/2019

The Grove Redfield Estate's reply:

I am so delighted that you chose our venue for your amazing wedding celebration! Congratulations to you both. My staff and I appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you felt our customer service was lacking. We truly strive to offer nothing but a positive experience.
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 06/14/2019

They were the perfect venue we had been searching for

This venue has the perfect balance of indoor and outdoor space for ~100 people or less. We knew what we wanted for our wedding and once we set foot here we knew we had found it! We wanted to be outside but knew that if the weather was bad we had a backup plan. Having private space (and bathrooms) for the bride and groom and wedding party was also excellent. There are a lot of good hotels in the area and it's not far from OHare which was great for our out of town guests.

The team was easy to work with. Their contract lists out their requirements clearly and they provide good lists of what's available to use. We used one of the 6 recommended caterers which basically felt like they were part of the venue because they do so many events there that you don't have to facilitate the conversations between them, which was a huge relief.

Our photographer agreed that basically every spot is a great spot for pictures - the whole place is really photogenic, even in the winter. They also have lots of nice lighting already installed and in the summer the flowers and forested area mean you really don't have to add much in the way of extra decor. The venue really was perfect and we are so happy we found it!

Sent on 06/26/2019

The Grove Redfield Estate's reply:

Thank you Kacie for your very thorough and accurate review of The Redfield Estate. Your review captured the essence of what makes The Redfield Estate such a gem. A special thanks for the beautiful photo you included. Hope to see you back at The Grove in the near future.

The Entire Redfield Estate Staff

Catherine · Married on 08/26/2017

3.0

We are so glad we had our wedding at the Redfield Estate. It is a very beautiful venue and everyone who works there is extremely kind and knowledgeable. With that being said, due to the venue being part of a park district and a historic site, there are a few limitations with what you can do. It did not really affect us, but it is something to consider.

Sent on 09/28/2017
  • W

William · Married on 06/23/2017

Our wedding was pretty straightforward, so they didn't need to do anything unusual.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/26/2016

3.5

The Grove was the perfect location to house our outdoor ceremony. The grounds are always well kept and a great location if you want to feel away from the world. The house, which is also available for rentals, was a great location to get ready in. However, the size of the rooms are slightly small (especially the cute bridal suite) so if you have a large bridal party make sure you have enough room for everyone. Shelley and Carol are great at answering questions regarding their policies about the grounds or any other needs you might have during your event. The Grove is strict on what is allowed since the land is reserved, so if you have grand plans for your event inquire what is allowed first. I would recommend The Grove to any bride who wants a lovely, memorable wedding and great pictures as well.

Sent on 07/25/2016

3.5

Everyone at our wedding loved the Grove! FYI - We had our catering by The Everyday Gourmet; which was excellent food, and we had loved meeting with Sparvim prior to the wedding, but we did feel that on the actual day she was very rushy with us, and even got bossy with my husband and I, (and a few guests noticed that as well as us). We do understand that she is great at what she does, and she probably feels she had to be a bit like that to keep everything running on track and for everything to go well, but we felt she should have also paid a bit more mind to the fact that it was our wedding and we were paying a lot of money to her, and to the Grove, for few hours. We don't regret choosing her as our caterer, but we didn't know that she would act a bit like that on the actual wedding day, as she wasn't like that with us when we met with her a few times prior to the day.

Sent on 12/13/2014