The Groove Spot Band & Show Reviews

94 | Hanover, MD

94 Reviews for The Groove Spot Band & Show

Robert · Married on 06/14/2018

Had a lot of extra things they needed to do and Vance handled them all professionally and efficiently. The audience loved them and they fed them just what they wanted.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Troy · Married on 05/26/2018

If you wanna dance call Vance! This band is the real deal. My fiance (now wife) and I hired The Groove Spot Band for our wedding and they were awesome! We are both professional musicians and had heard them while we were out with friends one night. We tried to go upstairs at the bar to listen to them because they were so good we had to see them play. To our dismay, we could not go see them however, because they were playing a private event, a wedding reception. With our wedding coming up and still thinking about options for music I began doing some research and trying to track down contact info for this amazing band. Through the event coordinator at the venue they were performing, I finally got in touch with the band that sounded so amazing! I called Vance and he was immediately very professional and polite. I told him our date and they luckily had not booked any events that weekend and we hired them for our wedding reception! Vance and his band were on top of everything for the music. They brought their own PA system, they have multiple horn players and singers, they have a full band set up including guitar, keys, drums, and bass. Every member of this band is a top notch musician. They are seriously amazing, we were so lucky to have had them at our wedding. They got the whooooole room up and dancing, no lie, even my 90 year old grandma was getting down. If you are thinking about hiring this band for your wedding, don't wait another second, just do it, they are AMAZING!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Crystal · event on: 04/20/2018

The Groove Spot Band & Show performed at my husband’s 50th birthday celebration on Friday, April 20, 2018. My experience with Vance Wilkerson, Owner of the Groove Spot Band and Show from our initial contact, to executing the band performance was nothing short of exceptional. I was very meticulous in the selection of our entertainment provider, and The Groove Spot Band & Show exceeded our expectations every step off the way. Vance was prompt in answering our initial inquiries, flexible with regards to appointment bookings, and very competitive on the price given due to the complexity of our request. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank The Groove Spot Band & Show for your service and professionalism.

We truly feel that we lucked out by finding entertainment as talented, professional, and friendly as The Groove Spot Band & Show. Everyone at my husband’s party praised the band on how great they sounded. We not only look forward to referring our friends to you in the future whenever they are looking for entertainment, but we will be using your band again sometime in the future ourselves!

Best regards,
    Crystal Jordan

Sent on 04/25/2018

Malcom · Married on 04/20/2018

On this past Friday, April 20, 2018, my wife gave me a 50th birthday celebration in which the Groove Spot Band and Show provided the music. To be honest, I had not heard of the band prior to my wife telling me they were going to play at my party. I was a little apprehensive about the band, but I knew there was nothing that I could do to change it and remain happily married. Needless to say, my wife made the right decision on obtaining this band. Don’t tell her I said that. Let’s just say The Grove Spot Band and Show were lit, they were on Fleek! (those are words used by the younger generation to express how good/great something is). By the time my party ended, my phone began blowing up with calls and texts telling me how much they enjoyed the party in particular the music that was provided The Groove Spot Band and Show. Thank you Groove Spot Band and Show for making my party the best ever.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Vance and The Groove Spot Band and Show. My husband and I hired them after dancing the entire night to their music at a friends wedding and knew they were the ones for us and they DID NOT disappoint. My husband and I are professional dancers and about 70% of our guests had some kind of dance experience the floor was PACKED the ENTIRE night. I can honestly remember them only taking one break! They absolutely KILLED IT, as soon as the first song started people swarmed the floor and didn't leave. They played a little extra at the end and hit all of our requested songs. Vance was super accommodating and kept me on track in terms of getting special songs sent in and was very helpful and kind to our coordinators as we only got them my husband and his moms song about 3 hours before the reception... I was very bad, but they were AMAZING. We also added some brass which for Motown is an absolute must, you literally cannot beat the price for the quality that you will receive from these guys. They worked so well with our coordinators on announcements and stayed on track without being "overbearing MCs", they gave the night a perfect flow (If you haven't already, hire a day of coordinator!).
    Do yourself an your guests a favor and hire these fabulous and insanely talented people! They are so, SO good!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Stark · Married on 03/31/2018

The Groove Spot Band & Show had everyone at my wedding up and dancing. They played everything we wanted to hear and sounded great doing it. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Kim · event on: 03/22/2018

I have been to 2 weddings where the Groove Spot Band performed and after those experiences, I knew I wanted them to perform at an upcoming gala. They were amazing! They engaged the crowd and 2 guests actually want to book them for their events! They are the best band in the area as far as I’m concerned!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Lynn · event on: 03/22/2018

The Groove Spot is a fun, talented, professional and entertaining ensemble of musicians. They have a song and genre selection that far out weighs any other band. They get into the crowd and love when you participate. They will even join you on the dance floor!! If you want to dance ALL NIGHT, then you need to hire the Groove Spot!!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Kelly · Married on 02/14/2018

We used this band for our annual Hospital ball - they rocked it! Dressed to go with our theme and their music was outstanding!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Thomas · Married on 12/29/2017

One of the best bands I have ever experienced! I received countless compliments on how great they were and how so many people were up dancing. The only negative was that it had to end! We could've danced ALL night! Thank you so much for making Sarah and mine's wedding so awesome!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Rhonda · Married on 12/22/2017

The band delivered as promised. On time. Professional. Appropriate dress, organized and wonderful and appropriate music choices.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Paris · Married on 12/22/2017

The band was awesome. They played a variety of music that really got the crowd moving. I really liked how they engaged the crowd, and made it a fun evening. I would most definitely use them again.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Jeri · Married on 12/09/2017

Working with the Groove Spot Band & Show was an absolute pleasure. From the start it was clear we were talking to professionals who understood the business and how to work with a clients vision to meet expectations. They were responsive and accommodating in the planning stages.

The day of the event they were on time and dressed and prepared to get to work! They needed very little guidance from me allowing me and the team to focus on setting up the venue for our guests.

When the show got started it was clear we had made a FANTASTIC selection! They looked great, they were engaged and interactive with our guests, and most important they sounded FANTASTIC!

If you're looking for a band .... you can stop; you've found them. the Groove Spot Band & Show will keep your party moving and on the dance floor. Trust me you will *not* be disappointed!

Jeri B.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

The Groove Spot Band & Show was Excellent! From the first song to the last, they had everyone dancing. They played a nice mix of music with slow and fast rhythms and even interacted with the crowd. The sound was perfect. I highly recommend them for weddings and other parties. They are sweet, personable, fun and know how to make people shake!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Matt and Sara · Married on 11/04/2017

If we could mark 10 stars we would. The Groovespot showed up and absolutely rocked the house. Vance and his band were true professionals from start to finish—we cannot recommend them enough. They learned and played out first dance songs perfectly and beautifully. They will cater to your set list, if needed. We did not opt for that, and let them do their thing. They read the crowd, got everyone dancing and made our day truly special. Book them!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Debra · Married on 10/21/2017

The first time we saw your performance, we fell in love and knew we wanted you to be a part of our event. We love how you get the audience involved and the variety of music played. Awesome voices, awesome musicians. We look forward to having you back next year. Thank you for being a part of our special day.
    Marilyn, Mimi, Selena and Debra
    Wholeness 3-6-5 Ministries

Sent on 11/09/2017

Anne · Married on 10/14/2017

To truly add a festive mood and engage all your guests on the dance floor at your wedding, choose the Groove Spot Band and Show! They will ensure a memorable event!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Anne · Married on 10/14/2017

The Groove Spot Band will completely guarantee your guests are dancing and having a memorable time. They look festive in colorful, coordinated outfits, sound amazing, have a diverse repertoire, and can even emcee! HIRE them!

Sent on 02/18/2017

Kathy · Married on 10/14/2017

Groove Spot played for my son's wedding that we hosted at our farm. From our first inquiry to the evening of the event, they were top notch. They lived up to their promise. Our guests from 22-85 were on the dance floor non-stop. I'm sure they made many new friends. You cannot go wrong with them for any type of affair that includes dancing. Thank you to Vance and the entire band for bringing the house down.

Sent on 10/15/2017
  • W

Will · Married on 10/14/2017

The Groove Spot Band and Show did a great job. They played music that kept everyone on the dance floor for hours. They were flexible when our caterer was running late and were able to work with us on timing to keep the party going and fun so no guests knew the timing was off. I would recommend them to anyone, whether for a wedding or another event. We also had multiple people ask for their information, which I take to be a great endorsement of the Groove Spot Band and Show.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Chris · Married on 09/15/2017

Could not have asked for a better band!! Not only are they amazing but also very professional! They made our special night so much more special and enjoyable.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Ryan · Married on 09/02/2017

Vance and The Groove Spot were the best wedding band we ever been around. At one point they literally had every single person at our wedding (140 ppl) on the dance floor at one time. I have heard from multiple guests that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been too, credit to The Groovespot!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2017

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! We can't stop talking about The Groove Spot! They were the best money we spent on our wedding! Our friends and family had the best time and were on the dance floor the entire time. We are already looking to have another party just so we can hire The Groove Spot again. Vance was also tremendously helpful and professional throughout the entire process.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/29/2017

TGSB played our wedding on 7/29/17 @ The Belvedere in Baltimore & brought the house down!!! Our guests are still raving about the energetic performance. We first saw TGSB live on the National Mall in DC on 6/17/16. Prices are very fair for a band of their caliber & we signed TGSB to play our cocktail hour with a jazz quartet, & reception with an 8 piece (2 lead vocals, 4-pieces, & 2 horns). Vance, TGSB Band Leader, is an absolute pro who worked with us & venue to coordinate all details for smooth operations - including our request for a Soul Train Line. THE WEDDING - We're still in awe of the performance. Vance is an amazing MC, Nez' lead was absolutely electric, & Ondrea's heavenly vocals knocked us over with renditions of Whitney, Aretha, and Gloria. TGSB played like Barry Gordy himself had blessed our wedding. They brought us to tears with a surprise performance with our Dads playing guitar on "My Girl" and "Midnight Hour". TGSB and Vance made our night and had our guests (young & old) dancing until the end. They were gracious to extend their set 15 mins as the schedule went long. ADVICE, (1) Nez & Ondrea are some of the best vocalists we've ever seen in person and have a stage presence that will thrill your audience, BOOK THEM BY NAME. (2) Add the horns! The sax/trumpet provide jet fuel to the groove. (3) TGSB online vids don’t do them justice. Go see them live. TGSB made our wedding special beyond our wildest dreams and we can't recommend them enough !!!! A&J.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Russ · Married on 07/29/2017

These guys rock! (and roll!) Fantastic music, very professional yet fun, accommodating. We threw them a couple curves (small setup area, very little setup time) and they responded like champs! They also allowed the fathers of the bride and groom to stand in with the band for a couple songs, which the newlyweds said was one of the highlights of their wedding. Most importantly, The Groove Spot had everyone - from age 6 to 84 - dancing and singing and enjoying the reception. They are high energy, engage the crowd, and very easy to work with. Highly recommend The Groove Spot!

Sent on 08/04/2017