The Green Flamingo Reviews

13 | Richmond, VA

13 Reviews for The Green Flamingo

Abby · Married on 10/01/2016

When my husband and I got engaged, there were very few things that I knew I wanted for our wedding day, but having Alexis do our flower arrangements was one of them! I had done a styled shoot with a local photographer, where there was a beautiful flower crown done by The Green Flamingo and I just fell in love with the style and quality.

Alexis was so patient with me, a bride who was very detail oriented, and who is also a very visual person. She met my mom and me at the venue to discuss arrangements, placement, etc. which was so incredibly helpful, and so much appreciated. The arrangements at our wedding were breathtaking and so elegant and grand. It was everything I had dreamed it would be! I also really appreciate that she does not use dyed flowers and that she stays true to the nature and beauty of the flowers themselves. I can't imagine having worked with anyone else!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Jessi · Married on 03/12/2016

Alexis at The Green Flamingo was just awesome to work with. I had a limited flower budget of less than $2000 and a smaller wedding but large bridal party. Alexis worked with me to pick flowers that fit my budget for the tables and the bridal party that were just beautiful! She was flexible when we had to make some changes due to the venue changing our room and was very easy to work with.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/05/2015

Alexis created beautiful bouquets for the big day! I asked for green, textured, natural arrangements and she delivered! Everyone commented on how lovely they were- I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Anne · Married on 09/15/2012

Alexis from the Green Flamingo is the most talented Florist I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! The flowers at my wedding were so beautiful and the colors so vibrant, she knew exactly the look I was going for. I still look at my pictures and think how beautiful that day was!

Sent on 10/24/2012

We worked with Alexis at the Green Flamingo for our bridal bouquets, bridesmaids bouquets, and the flowers for our parents. We had a delightful time working with her, and her prices were very affordable. She gave us great samples of what she was going to do, and was very accommodating when, one month before the wedding, I freaked and changed ALL the colors for the flowers. The delivery was on time, and we loved all the flowers!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Alexis is wonderful! I was planning my wedding out of state - and so on a quick weekend trip to Richmond, I planned four florist appointments! Yes - FOUR. I wanted my flowers to be beautiful, but I didn't have a lot to spend on them, so I needed to find someone who understood my vision.

Alexis is the first person I met with - and honestly, I wish I'd canceled all the other appointments. She just got it. I stuttered through the color story, pointed at pictures in magazines, asked for the most expensive flowers that weren't in season - all the things that people who don't know much about flowers do. Instead of telling me that what I wanted wasn't possible, she listened, she understood, and she gave me economical and beautiful alternatives that completely matched my vision. A couple weeks later, after she went over everything, she sent me a proposal - including photo inspirations - and the price knocked my socks off. It was FAR less than I'd imagined and the choice was easy! The other florists either told me I couldn't have what I wanted, suggested carnations would be a good alternative, or told me no one would understand my vision. What I didn't understand was how any of them got any business when they had someone like Alexis to compete with!

The flowers turned out beautifully - just like I wanted. I never even saw Alexis after our first meeting - but I'm so happy that we chose her and The Green Flamingo for our wedding flowers.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Carrie · Married on 09/01/2012

I'm not gonna lie - when I started planning our wedding I was not excited by flowers. My mom ultimately convinced me that we really should have a professional florist and I am so glad we did! Alexis at the Green Flamingo was amazing to work with. I went in with a general feel that I wanted to achieve for the whole event and she took that and ran with it. The flowers ended up being one of my favorite aspects of the day and it's all thanks to her. Her proposals were incredibly detailed and captured everything we talked about so I was completely confident that she understood what we wanted and she still managed to exceed all of my expectations for the actual day.

Sent on 09/06/2012
  • Chantalle

Chantalle · Married on 05/20/2012

Alexis was such a pleasure to work with. Not only did she meet with me several times, she provided me several pictures of what she planned on making so i wasn't taken by surprise when i got my bouquet. I knew what to expect, and she had such fresh ideas that made me drawn to her. What i also loved is all the other florists i met with told me what they wanted to do and pushed their ideas on me since they had more experience than me. Alexis was open to everything i wanted to do and we came to a combination of both of our ideas, as opposed to doing just what she recommends. Great florist and such modern ideas.

Sent on 06/16/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/09/2016

We were very pleased with Alexis and her team at the The Green Flamingo!! They provided all of the flowers for our wedding ceremony and reception.

We had already talked to one area florist before meeting with The Green Flamingo, but once we met with Alexis's team, we knew they would be the right choice. Their creativity, excitement and relaxed "vibe" were exactly what we were looking for. They took the time to get to know us personally and what we were interested in. Their proposal was very thorough, and they were very responsive to changes.

On the day of our wedding, everything was delivered to the right place on schedule. The only reason why I'm not giving 5 stars for Quality of Service is that there was one slight (and not very important) error in the order once delivered - some dress material that was supposed to be used on a mother's corsage was instead used on the bridal bouquet. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a big deal - but it was enough for me to alter my recommendation to 4 stars.

Sent on 08/02/2016
  • rusticbride

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

The owner of The Green Flamingo, Alexis Bishop, is absolutely fantastic! She is so detail oriented and SO talented! Our wedding flowers were just BEAUTIFUL! She is so attentive to details, and was there for me every time I changed my mind, and then changed it back again! :) She can do your wedding flowers beautifully on any budget that you specify which is so helpful, and she's very creative with her designs. Seeing my ideas come together through her work was the coolest part about having her do our wedding flowers. You won't be sorry if you choose The Green Flamingo! They are absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Corin · Married on 06/30/2012

Alexis from The Green Flamingo was wonderful to work with for my June 30th wedding. Her communication was excellent, which was important because I planned my wedding from Chicago. She uses local and organically grown flowers, which was very important to me, even though that meant not having flowers in the exact shade I imagined. Most importantly, Alexis stayed within my budget and offered me an excellent price for beautiful flowers. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Julia · Married on 04/08/2017

Alexis was great to work with! She was very helpful when discussing changes to our proposal. She helped us transform our vision into a reality. The florals she provided were great! All of the arrangements were not exactly what we had pictured, so my advice would be to be specific as possible when describing what you want. For example, our door swags on the church doors had very small bows and small greenery. We had hoped for something slightly more dramatic. Also, the altar flowers and large urns at the reception were supposed to have tall flowers as the spaces we were in were very large. They ended up looking a little droopy. They were still very pretty, just not what we expected. The groomsmen boutineers also incorporated a daisy, which we did not request and looked a little childish/informal. But overall, we were very pleased!

Sent on 05/03/2017

2.2
      1.5
      3.0
      3.5
      2.0
      1.5

I will start by saying that my wedding flowers were incredibly important to me. It was something that I have pictured my whole life. At first glance I was very excited to have Alexis do the flowers for my wedding. Our initial meeting went very well, and I thought that she had a firm grip on my vision. Her pricing came back very reasonable, and we decided to move forward with the contract. Upon my wedding day however, I was very disappointed. You couldn't tell the difference between the bridal bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquet, the flower girl's ball was already wilting, and the reception centerpieces used the correct flowers, but just looked like blooms in a vase (no artistry at all). Apparently Alexis did not do the work for my flowers, instead trusting in her assistants whom I never met. She did partially return some money, but I cannot go back in time and change my experience on that day. Therefore, I would caution anyone to make sure to be as specific as humanly possible, or else risk disappointment.

Sent on 10/22/2015