The Great Room Reviews

The Great Room 5
The Great Room 6
The Great Room 7

Christine · Married on 04/06/2014

Angie and the staff at the Great Room were amazing!! Angie is very responsive and attentive. She listened to what we envisioned for our wedding day and made it happen. She encouraged us in our ideas for personal tweaks and found a way to make them work. We highly recommend using the Great Room.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Bethany · Married on 04/05/2014

It was beautiful. Everything I wanted and so much more!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Paul · Married on 01/11/2014

Follows what the client wants and then some. Food is wonderful and presented in such a way that makes you want to come back for more. Very organized and detailed oriented. Can change up decorations in a moment's notice if client requires it. Overall, a very enjoyable experience and great choice of vendors that the Great Room partners with.

-- Paul Dorsey, Baltimore Coat Check

Sent on 10/28/2014

Alison · Married on 10/05/2013

Our ceremony and reception at The Great Room were perfect. The room itself looked beautiful and Angie and her staff worked to make sure that everything ran smoothly so my husband and I could enjoy our day.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Laurel · Married on 10/04/2013

The Great Room was absolutely beautiful! They have a gorgeous deck and ballroom. Angie, the venue coordinator, was wonderful.

The Great Room, unlike many other venues, also already has chiavari chairs, which is an upgrade in most places. I wish that the deck had brighter lights - our wedding was at night and the photographer had to bring out her lights. I would suggest maybe some decorative lights to help brighten up the deck if you are having an evening wedding.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Meredith · Married on 08/31/2013

Great venue for the money in the Washington D.C./Baltimore area if you are having a 100-200 person wedding. It was a beautiful evening, the room was set up perfectly and looked amazing. The combination of indoor outdoor space was also really nice to have, we would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 06/15/2013

When I saw pictures of the Great Room online, I had a feeling it would be the place I would ultimately choose for my wedding ceremony and reception. I wanted something more unique and special than the typical hotel ballroom or country club, and the Great Room completely fit the bill. The room itself is large, gorgeous, and provides a classy atmosphere. The attached covered deck is where we had our ceremony, and it was also beautiful with the scenic backdrop and stream flowing. Savage Mill is a beautiful venue and although the Great Room can be a little tricky to find for people unfamiliar with the Savage Mill complex, it is so worth finding :)

Sent on 06/20/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/27/2013

Angie was such a pleasure to work with! The entire venue was so accommodating and made it seem so easy. We had our ceremony and reception at The Great Room and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly! It was very reasonably priced and we definitely enjoyed our time there.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Melanie · Married on 04/20/2013

The minute we saw The Great Room we knew that it was the venue for us! It was different than anything else we saw in the area - we definitely wanted to stay away from a generic hotel ballroom. The room is gorgeous with tall ceilings, large windows, and a skylight. The deck provided wonderful outdoor space. Angie was a phenomenal coordinator and was quick to respond anytime that I asked a question and was able to accommodate all of our requests. We got so many compliments on the beautiful, unique space!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Katie · Married on 10/20/2012

The Great Room was the most amazing venue space to have our wedding at. We live very nearby Savage, which was the number one reason we checked it out as we had never heard of it before. Angie was amazing to work with, very professional and timely in her responses to emails/ phone calls, etc. Putting on the Ritz is the primary Caterers for the Great Room and they are amazing. I have been recommending them to all my friends who have recently gotten engaged. They are very budget friendly. Angie does a great job at working within your set budget. The whole evening ran very smoothly, Angie is full of great suggestions for decorating, etc. I highly recommend checking this venue out!

Sent on 01/20/2013

Megan · Married on 10/05/2012

Wow! I could not have found a more beautiful venue! I had attended a wedding reception at The Great Room almost 10 years ago and I thought the venue was gorgeous. The night of my wedding it was even more gorgeous than I had remembered. The venue was the perfect size with a great sized dance floor. This was especially important to me as I knew my guests would enjoy dancing the entire night! Not only was the venue gorgeous, but the coordinator, Angie was amazing too. I cannot say enough about how great Angie was throughout the entire process. Angie made you feel like her only client responding to emails immediately, setting up appointments around my schedule, and accommodating every request. She also went out of her way to ensure that the menu we chose did not contain peanuts as we had a guest with a peanut allergy. At our final meeting the week of the wedding she made the process so stress free. I knew everything would run perfectly and Angie did not disappoint. Thank you Angie! It could not have been a more perfect evening!

Sent on 10/12/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/03/2012

I absolutely loved having my reception here! The place looked amazing the day of and everyone was very helpful when I was putting it all together. They were extremely responsive in all of my emails and questions that I ever had. They truly made my night unforgettable and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for somewhere to get married!

Sent on 08/07/2012

We had our July reception at The Great Room and it was simply fantastic. The Great Room is such a beautiful venue with a great indoor space and even an attached covered deck space so that guests can enjoy some fresh air. The Savage Mill complex is a neat area with lots of unique shops and great outdoor spaces for photo opportunities.

I worked with Angie throughout the wedding planning process and I cannot say enough about how helpful and pleasant she was. She initially showed my fiance and I the room and explained the rental process/procedures. The costs are extrememly reasonable and the rental comes with all tables, chairs, linens... The catering company Putting on the Ritz owns the rights for catering at this venue, which made choosing the food and such a very simple process! After choosing this as our venue, Angie facilitated our food tasting and again thoroughly explained the overall process, while giving us some helpful tips to make our night extra special. The food the night of was excellent and plentiful. Several guests raved about how much they enjoyed the venue and food!

In the months leading up to the wedding, I emailed and called Angie several times to ask many, many questions. She was always easy to reach and helpful! When it came time to meet with Angie for the final details, she really made me feel at ease and her confidence assured me that the details would be handled as instructed. I had lots of decor items and a clear "vision" for how I wanted certain things displayed and Angie listened without making me feel as though I was a bridezilla (even though I probably was). Sure enough, on the wedding day everything was perfect thanks to Angie and her fabulous staff. They even packed up all of our decor items so that I could come the following day to retrieve it all, saving us the headache on the night of!

I cannot say enough about this wonderful venue and Angie's expertise! After looking at 10-20 different venues, I am so happy that I chose The Great Room!

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/17/2012

This is the second wedding in my family to happen at the great room and it couldn't have been better! The first was my sister's weding 6 years ago and it was better than I remember!! Angie is so helpful and organized and it was just a beautiful event!

Sent on 03/29/2012
  • Vanity

Vanity · Married on 11/12/2011

The venue was great. Angie was very helpful throughout the entire process and my wedding reception went better than expected. The venue is beautiful and has a truly romantic feel.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2011

What a beautiful, unique venue. When we started looking for venues, I was getting bored by all the same looking banquet halls in hotels. Then we walked into the Great Room (and it wasn't even set up for an event) and I knew this was the place. It has a very romantic, victorian feel, high ceilings, ballroom atmosphere. Then we met with Angie Wise, the most flexible, laid back, pleasant wedding coordinator that we had met with yet. The entire process of setting everything up (from picking out colors to food tasting) was fun and not stressful. She even gave us suggestions on local hotels and transport between them (as the Great Room does not have a hotel), which was a huge relief as I thought this was the only downfall of the Great Room. Angie was so prompt with all my last minute e-mails and helped calm down a nervous, (borderline bride-zilla) bride. Even though Angie has done a million weddings, I felt like mine was the only one she was planning. I would highliy recommend this venue (along with Angie Wise) and can truly say it was the best night of my life!

Sent on 12/04/2011

Laura · Married on 10/22/2011

We were very pleased with everything from the Great Room. Angie was awesome and a huge help. She was very flexible and responsive. We met with her 2-3 times before our wedding and she went over everything in detail, answered all of our questions and gave great suggestions. We thought the Great Room had great pricing, a beautiful atmosphere, and amazing food. We were not disapointed with anything from the Great Room and Putting on the Ritz. The only thing we would have changed would to have been able to have more time. But, a job very well done by Angie and her staff. I would recommend their services to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2011

i knew i would have our reception at the mill from the time i was a little girl. they did not disappoint. everything went wonderfully and angie was more than accommodating and easy to communicate with. it's an awesome location filled with history and charm.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Laura · Married on 01/22/2011

The Great Room at Savage Mill is the most perfect reception venue. My husband and I loved everything about it. The high ceilings, the large windows, the pillars with the lights, it couldn't have been more perfect. Angie, is fantastic, she was very professional and responded quickly to any phone call or email that I had. I would definitely recommend The Great Room!

Sent on 02/06/2011

Melissa · Married on 01/15/2011

From start to finish we had a very positive experience with Angie and the Great Room. When we first began calling reception sites the Great Room staff were very helpful, informative, and communicative. They answered any questions that we had, allowed us to put a hold on the room, and promptly informed us when another party expressed interest in our date. Once we decided on the Great Room Angie and all the staff made our planning very easy: they were the only vendor that sent us physical bills before deposits were due (ensuring that we didn't have to pay any late fees), and were very accommodating to all of our questions and requests. Angie always responded within one business day of our emails (often within just a couple of hours!) and was very good about asking questions to verify what we wanted.
    On the day everything ran very smoothly: everything was set up beautifully, the food was fantastic, and Wendy (standing in for Angie at the event) stayed on top of proceedings. The service was so good that it seemed as though food appeared, drinks were poured, and dishes vanished by magic!
    The only minor gripes were that Angie could not be present for the reception (although Wendy stepped in and did a fine job), and that there was no help on hand for the cake cutting. We're not sure who is normally responsible for that, so it may not be a fault with the Great Room, but it wasn't a major problem either way. All things considered the Great Room gets a very strong recommendation from us.

Sent on 02/05/2011

Emmie · Married on 10/16/2010

I am so glad we had our reception at the Great Room! It was beautiful, the service was fabulous, and it was everything we could've asked for. Everything ran so smoothy; I don't remember having to do anything except enjoy myself!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Jody · Married on 09/25/2010

I am so glad we got married here! We had our reception outside on the deck under the tent. Then went right into the Great Room for the reception. The room was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. We fell in love with this venue because it has history and personality and is nothing like your average ballroom. The high ceilings and big windows are so pretty! The flow of the room is really nice too and the dance floor is huge.

Angie was amazing to work with! She is an expert and helped us so much in making all of our decisions. She had great suggestions too. Her and her staff are like a well oiled machine! Everything went so smoothly from our first meeting to the big day. Putting on the Ritz has awesome food too, but I'll review that separately.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Kate · Married on 07/17/2010

I had my reception here and although we had to book early, Angie was FANTASTIC to work with and I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding because she took care of everything. My husband and I were treated like a king and queen! The staff even packed up the extra food for my parents who were having an after party right after the wedding. Angie promptly answered all my questions and emails, especially the week of the wedding. Her and the staff set up my guestbook area, table numbers, and cookie bar and it looked fabulous.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Julie · Married on 01/10/2010

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It went so smoothly and with the expert guidance of Angie and her staff, the day was flawless. The food was amazing (got many many compliments), the location is so beautiful and it was set up just right.
    Angie is a joy to work with. She is unbelievably good at what she does and I felt so safe in her hands.
    I would recommend this location, caterer, and of course Angie to anyone!

Sent on 01/31/2010
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 01/08/2010

This room is SPECTACULAR! I loved it from the moment I saw it. We worked with Angie and she is just top notch! The room exceeded everything I could have imagined for my wedding. Guests are still commenting on just how grand and beautifull everything looked.

With Angie, we were able to find the absolute perfect light pink and kelly green combo for the linens. They were also able to light the room with the same colors. The room is large and spacious and really well priced. The dance floor is huge, enought for all your guest to boogie down. The room is big enought for 250ish, I had only 100 guests and it was just grand.

It is an antique site with a lot of history. I love it, love it Love it! Book it now!!!!!! I would highly recomend this site to anyone looking for a venue.

You will not regret it.