The Great Room Reviews

The Great Room 5
  • Amanda

Amanda Michelle · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful venue!

The Great Room was such an awesome location for our reception. The room was absolutely gorgeous and the staff at the Great Room made sure our night was amazing. Angie was awesome to work with the entire time and answered every single question I had, and was very responsive to all emails. I still can’t get over how beautiful the room looked for our reception. I highly recommend The Great Room, everything provided was amazing.

Sent on 09/22/2019

HI Amanda,

It was a pleasure working with you as well. So glad we were able to provide you with such an amazing day!

Best Wishes to you!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/02/2018

Perfect for our Winter Wonderland Wedding

The Great Room was everything I could have imagined and more. We had a winter wonderland themed wedding and all of my guests raved about how magical the venue was. This room is beautiful on its own, but add Christmas decorations, a dark night sky, all of the pillar lights twinkling, and candles--it was so cozy and romantic. Would not change a thing--Angie went above and beyond to make my dreams come true. Thank you so much for making our day perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2018

The Great Room's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you & your family. Glad we were able to be a part of your special day.

Best Wishes!
    Angie

Monique · Married on 10/19/2018

Exceeded Our Expectations

We only have great things to say about The Great Room and most importantly Angie! Our big day was everything we wanted it to be and more. Angie made sure that everything was taken care of an she kept us at ease. I was stunned when I saw the deck and the ballroom decorated and she made my vision come to life.

Sent on 12/11/2018

The Great Room's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. So happy we could be a part of your special day. Wishing you both a future filled with love & happiness!

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Responsive follow-up and a smooth day

We really enjoyed working with Angie at The Great Room. She was responsive to the many questions my mom and I emailed her and was willing to meet with us several times. We didn't have a wedding planner, and I was a little nervous about how day-of logistics would go. However, everything went so smoothly. I get so many compliments on how beautiful this venue was a year later. Loved The Great Room!

Sent on 10/12/2019

The Great Room's reply:

Thank you Jessica for your kindness. It was a pleasure working with you both. I'm so happy that we were able to be a part of your special day. Wishing you much happiness!
  • juli13

Juliana · Married on 09/29/2018

Flexible & Stress-Free

We absolutely loved our experience at the Great Room. Angie was professional and responded quickly to every email/call. I was planning the wedding from out of town, but she made it so simple! I found the entire experience simple and stress-free. I wanted to have a Pittsburgh cookie table and they allowed us to bring our own desserts in (all homemade by my friends!). They also allowed my friends and family with dietary restrictions to bring their own food. The room was lovely and they set up my simple decorations very tastefully. I can’t speak highly enough of the value for price, especially compared to the many exorbitantly priced venues I looked at in the same area.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Hi Juliana,

Thanks so much for your kinds words. It was a pleasure working with you! Wishing you both all the best!
  • jerzgrlnmd

Lane · Married on 05/19/2018

Angie at TGR was awesome! I had been emailing with her before I was even engaged (lol) and she was always so patient with my million and one questions. We booked them over a year before our wedding and with all of that time, everything on the day was exactly as we wanted it to be. The venue looked gorgeous, I cried when I saw it all put together. The set everything up exactly like we wanted. The staff was awesome, the food was delish, and Angie was there which I was so happy about. She is a pro! TGR is an awesome venue for any occasion but especially for your big day.

The Great Room 6
    The Great Room 7
    The Great Room 8
    The Great Room 9
    Sent on 06/03/2018

Annielle · Married on 10/20/2017

Angie Wise at the Great Room was amazing to work with from start to finish. She's extremely responsive to all emails, no matter how silly the question may seem. She had amazing suggestions on what I should or shouldn't do during the reception to make my wedding wonderful. During the actual reception she went above and beyond to ensure that everything was taken care of. Besides Angie the venue itself was beautiful, from the floor to ceiling windows, to the antique look of the room. Angie and the venue made my wedding even more special than it already was.

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • Carly Michelle

Carly · Married on 02/25/2017

COMPLETED EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS!!!! Angie and the staff from The Great Room are unbelievable. She worked tirelessly for months to address my countless questions and concerns. She is sweet, professional, and extremely responsive (a quality I value significantly in a working relationship). The day of the event, the venue could not have looked more beautiful thanks to her and her staff. The food from Putting on the Ritz was incredible and every single one of my guests have been raving about it ever since. The Great Room is an amazing venue. I cannot possibly thank them enough for making my wedding reception more perfect than I could have ever imagined!!!

Sent on 03/08/2017
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 01/07/2017

Working with The Great Room and Putting on the Ritz was a great experience. Coordinating everything was pleasant and the staff was extremely helpful. The pricing is reasonable, especially rake a look at the specials offered if you're considering a winter wedding!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Kimberly · Married on 12/17/2016

I seriously can not say enough good things about this venue!! I saw the ad for the great room in a bridal magazine and fell in love with the photos. My mom, husband and I had a whole day planned going to venues to look at a year and a half before our desired wedding date. The great room was just the second stop on our list but it became our last out of 5! First we walked through the venue which has a bunch of little shops antiques and new and also a restaurant and bar. We had a bit of a gap between our two o'clock wedding and 5:30 reception and can I just tell you how every single person LOVED walking around the venue and enjoying the Rams head bar downstairs beforehand!!!!! Everyone was concerned prior to the event but raved about it after and how fun it was to hang out before the party there!!! The room comes with the chivalry chairs instead of being an additional price which I thought was awesome because the place I went to before charged $2 per person to switch standard chairs to the chivalry ones! They also revamped the room in the time between my booking and wedding putting fresh paint and brand new carpet in that's gorgeous! My husbands family and my own LOVE to dance so the ENORMOUS dance floor was another selling point!!! One of my only criteria I absolutely 200% HAD to have for my venue was I wanted a lot of windows and boy was the great room spectacular with windows!!! Huge pop up ceiling even with sky windows too!! I've seen photos of weddings year round that are beautiful but I must say for our Christmas wedding, you CAN NOT beat the great room. It is the most stunning place. The entire venue is already decorated!! I only had to bring centerpieces and threw in a couple extra decorations I let the amazing coordinator, Angie, do as she pleased and saw fit. And let me add how fantastic Angie is!!!!! And the catering and food is out of this world!!!!!!! Seriously go have your wedding and or reception there!!!! I'm so happy I did!!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2016

I loved the venue! My dad brought our booze. My suggestions would be label liquor or box in organized boxes such as boxes for signature drinks. I would recommend also getting large signs to place outside and the mill to direct people to the mill

Sent on 11/17/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/22/2016

Angie is awesome!! Absolutely love the great room. We still have people raving over our dinner!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Jonathan · Married on 06/10/2016

Beyond my wildest dreams! Our wedding ceremony AND reception at The Great Room were beautiful, elegant, fun, and hassle-free. Throughout the planning and preparation process, Angie Wise was very kind and friendly. She is also very knowledgeable and able to help you make difficult wedding planning decisions based on her years of experience. On the day of the wedding, Angie ensured that everything ran smoothly and kept constant communication with our day-of wedding coordinator. Furthermore, the friendly staff provided by Putting on the Ritz were efficient and made sure that our wedding was wonderful. All in all, this venue, Angie Wise, and the staff made our wedding a day that was so fun and one that we will vividly and warmly remain in our memories.

Sent on 08/16/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here in May 2016. I fell in love with the venue because of the character it has. It is really a blank canvas to create your dream wedding. We worked with Angie. She is phenomenal and truly put together my dream wedding. Her attention to detail is wonderful. I can't say enough great things about this venue and the staff.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Brandi · Married on 04/16/2016

So far everything has been WONDERFUL working with Angie at the Great Room! She's been so down to earth and I don't feel like she's just trying to "upsell" me. She's always prompt in her responses to me, which is a pretty big deal! I'll update the review when the wedding is over.

UPDATE 04/25/16:

Our wedding on 04/16/16 was PERFECT!!!!! This venue is amazing and worth every single penny. Angie stayed consistent and responsive throughout the process and I couldn't be happier with the outcome! This is such a beautiful venue inside and out. Best. Night. Ever.

Sent on 07/09/2015

The most perfect place to have a wedding!! Angie and the staff were absolutely phenomenal and took such good care of us. The facility is gorgeous and Angie goes out of her way to simplify your life when you're planning and handles all the little details to make everything run so smoothly and so beautifully! We are so grateful we worked with this venue and this staff. We would do it exactly the same all over again and most of that is in thanks to how awesome our vendors were. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was seriously the best and everyone raved about the venue and how smoothly everything went! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 12/05/2015

Absolutely love Angie and her willingness to help make everything just how you want it. She doesn't try to upsell you on anything, but lets you know all the different options you have and the venue is gorgeous. With a babbling creek below the lifted patio and the ruins of the old textile mill, this place brings a certain romance other places lack.

Sent on 11/14/2014

We held our wedding and reception at the Great Room almost 2 weeks ago. Our wedding was on the deck and the cocktail hour and reception inside of the Great Room. Everything was absolutely wonderful! Angie is phenomenal to work with during the planning process. She is very quick to respond, professional and friendly. On the day of, she was upbeat, positive and kept everyone together and calm. The catering was very reasonably priced and we have received non stop compliments about how great the food was. The staff was polite and took great care of myself and my husband throughout the night. The Great Room is an amazing place to have a wedding! We would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 07/29/2015

I just had my wedding there on 7/12/2015, this place is awesome. Angie was the person I worked, and she is very professional and so nice. She is very responsive, when I emailed her with any question she answered it in less than an hour. I made my own centerpieces to same money, and dropped off all of it a couple days before the wedding, and the staff assembled it for for me on the day of the wedding. I did not have to stress about anything, and made our special day memorable. I can't thank them enough, and 100% recommend this vendor ......

Sent on 08/01/2015

Debbie · Married on 04/11/2015

The Great Room at Savage Mill was perfect. Loved the historic venue, exposed beams, lighted columns and use of outdoor patio for my daughter's reception. Angie was great to work with. She provided special meal options for those who needed them. Puttin' on the Ritz catered an excellent meal. The bartenders were very friendly. The service was excellent. Clean up was quick and all of my reception décor was packed up and ready to take home quickly. A lovely night was had by all!

Mike and Debbie

Sent on 04/13/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

The venue is beautiful and it was super convenient to have a caterer within the venue that took care of everything. Angie, the coordinator there is awesome. She took care of everything for us, was super understanding and flexible when we changed our minds, and answered all of our questions with complete professionalism and kindness. She made sure the day ran smoothly and I honestly didn't even really need a coordinator (we had a couple of friends help out) because she made sure her staff knew what they were doing. The venue is beautiful, but Angie is definitely a huge asset.

Sent on 07/02/2015
  • User1195171 · 2+ years ago

This place is beautiful on its on. No need for tons of decorations because at night the place turns into a wonderland and makes for the best pictures! I loved the staff they were very attentive walked me through everything and calmed my nerves when I had to talk down the isle. Angie helped with prior planning and was always available when I need information.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Julia · Married on 10/25/2014

This venue was whimsical and beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect site for my wedding and ceremony. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I only wish they had special wedding party parking.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Tori · Married on 10/12/2014

The Great Room is a perfect place to get married. Everyone loved the look at the place and we fell in love immediately with the venue. There are so many great picture moments around the venue! Angie was very helpful and answered all our questions. Everything ran smoothly. I would recommend to brides! Thank you for making this day perfect!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/13/2014

The Great Room was an amazing experience! The room is stunning and has much more space than most wedding venues that I looked at. Everything flowed together so well on my wedding day and I didn't have to stress about a thing (Angie, the coordinator is to thank for that one). Putting on the Ritz is the caterer they use and AMAZING, not that I had any doubt because my company uses them for holiday parties and I already knew they were great! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/09/2014