The Grand Plaza Resort Reviews

302 | Saint Petersburg, FL

302 Reviews for The Grand Plaza Resort

Jill · Married on 06/08/2013

The Grand Plaza was an amazing venue for our wedding! From the first visit to the resort to look at the facilities we immediately knew that this was where we wanted to have our wedding. The beach venue is beautiful and the staff works to make sure there are no distractions during the ceremony from quieting the bar that is close by, to keeping beach traffic away. The Presidential Ballroom, where the reception and dance were help is stunning. With floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach the room is amazing!! The catering staff and Robert, the bartender, were wonderful! The food was delicious and plentiful. But, the most amazing part of the resort is Jen, or event coordinator. Jen was amazing from answering all of questions during planning to organizing and running the rehearsal the day before. She is so professional but fun! She obviously loves her job and it shows in every aspect of her work. I had so many people comment how calm I was on our wedding day, and that was because of Jen. I KNEW that she was taking care of every detail for the ceremony and reception and all I had to do was relax and enjoy the moment. Jen is amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Caitlyn · Married on 06/02/2013

I am a bride that was living in Texas while trying to plan my wedding in Florida. This hotel provided the best service for a bride that was far away! Everything was taken care of via email and payments were easy! The price is the best for the quality! I even paid for the glamour room to get ready in and it was top notch. They worked well with my DJ, florist and cake delivery and I couldn't have asked for a better venue to have my wedding at. We had an indoor wedding in the crystal room and beat the Florida heat! Definitely will recommend to all my brides-to-be!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Samantha · Married on 05/24/2013

Everything went perfect on my special day. Katie was amazing in coordinating everything and allowing everything to turn out smoothly. Everything was taken care of for me and done right. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Britney · Married on 05/04/2013

All 5 stars!! Cherish our wedding planner was amazing!!! We booked our wedding June 4, 2012 and married May 4, 2013! Throughout that entire time Cherish was prompt at getting back to me and always kept me in the loop! Right before the wedding I had a million questions and revised things a million times and she worked so well with me and kept me calm. When there was 80% chance of rain she calmed me down and said the weather changes all the time and there is always a chance of rain. Knew how to work with me as a nervous bride (the weather and tripping were my nerves) She brought saltine crackers to my suite when I asked for them and was truly interested in my thoughts feelings and life! She asked for a picture of us after we booked and also of our children! The day we looked at The Grand Plaza we looked at several others this by far stood out to us! The private ceremony site- I say private not bc other on lookers can't see you but I say private because they man the walk ways near the wedding and DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE to come down during the wedding, they also keep their beach bar from using blenders or playing music during your wedding! When I had a huge problem with my florist just 30days before the wedding Cherish to the rescue!! Not only did she get my deposit back for me IN FULL!!! She called in a favor at her florist (also was my first choice but wasn't sure I could afford them) they were able to work well with me and my flowers were beautiful!! Most florists wouldn't budge that they were booked but somehow Cherish rescued us!! Ok so the rooms are beautiful with amazing views. The resort was able to check us in for early check in to our suite our wedding morning! Staff is ALWAYS smiling and happy - eager to help! We love this place and go back frequently!! <3 I hope this review helped we just love the grand plaza

Sent on 06/04/2013

hilde · Married on 04/30/2013

This location is amazing!! We live in the Netherlands and had to plan the entire wedding from overseas!! Gloria was our wedding planner and was very quick with her reply in her emails and very helpful.
    We got to see the actual venue 2 days before the wedding and the pictures do not do it justice!! It is simple an amazing wedding location. We got married on the beach with the reception in the presidential Suite which has an amazing view over the beach with the sunset!! The hotel does alot of weddings. We got married on a Tuesday so we were the only couple getting married. But i stayed there for a week and saw many couples getting married. What only confirmed the amazing wedding location!! If you are looking for a beach wedding Grand Plaza is the way to go!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Kellie · Married on 04/13/2013

I had people flying in for the wedding that stayed here and they had a great time. Great venue for a wedding. The staff is very helpful and nice. My wedding was perfect everyone at the hotel made me feel special and made sure everything ran smoothly. I would say if you are wanting a beautiful wedding this is the place to have it.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/13/2013

The Grand Plaza was a beautiful venue and we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day! Cherish was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing. It was the most stress free, relaxed wedding day/weekend I ever could have imagined! The staff at the hotel, reception, and Bongos beach Bar, (where we had our rehearsal dinner), were all so friendly and helpful. And after looking at lots of beach venues prior to selecting the Grand Plaza, I can honestly say it was by far the most affordable. It is clear that the Grand Plaza has a lot of experience when it comes to weddings, which made it so easy for someone like me who had no idea what I was doing. They were fantastic!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Carol · Married on 03/15/2013

This place is awesome. Gloria our planner was the perfect person for us. The room and the view was beautiful. Ceremony on the beach was perfect and the food was great , hot and not dry like alot of events. They bent over backwards to make our special day flawless. So glad we took that ride down the beach that day and stopped in to look at it. This is your place brides!!!!! Everything under one roof they handle it all so a stress free day.
    Thanks again
    Carol and Ron
    wedding date was March 15, 2013

Sent on 03/31/2013

Karen · Married on 12/31/2012

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the Grand Plaza was to work with! Our wedding coordinator, Katie, was beyond amazing. I am so thankful that she was our coordinator because she truly went above and beyond to help us. Anytime I or my fiance had a question or concern, Katie would get back with us within one day.

The Grand Plaza may look older than some of the other hotels in the area, but when it comes to weddings they seriously have it down to a science. Everything was like clockwork and they knew the exact times/places that people needed to be to ensure a smooth ceremony. Our ceremony was at night (7:30pm) so we needed tiki torches to help with lighting. We were only given a handful first but as soon as we requested more, they were brought right to us.

The reception was held in the downstairs ballroom which was perfect for our size wedding (100 people). The bartenders were so nice and cheery and the waitstaff was always refilling water and clearing dishes very efficiently. When the ceremony was over, they cleared/cleaned up everything in a blink of an eye. One of the reasons that my fiance and I loved the ballroom was because we were allowed to decorate it however we wanted. Most places will not let you do this.

We loved the Grand Plaza and it will always have a special place in our heart. If you are concerned with the cost of having it at the GP, just know that it's worth the money. They know how to do weddings and it was seriously worth every penny.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/29/2012

On December 29, 2012 on very windy, a little chilly, yet perfectly beautiful day - we had the wedding of our dreams at the Grand Plaza on St. Pete Beach. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and the venue!

Katie Shepherd was my wedding coordinator and she did a FABULOUS job. She is very responsive to email, incredibly helpful, honest, kind, funny, and so much more! She really helped ease the stress of the wedding planning process! She also helped me find some of the most amazing vendors (ie: Joe Lorenzo of Expert Productions). You definitely get the MOST for your money at the Grand Plaza! We were delighted to have a beach front ceremony and our reception in the Imperial Ballroom. Everything was BEAUTIFUL!

The food is AHHHHHH-MAZING! So many of our guests complimented the food! No one went home hungry! LOL LOL! Katie helped make one of my wedding dreams come true by coordinating a mashed potato bar with the food and beverage department. It was a HUGE hit with the guests. Another AWESOME kudos to the GP is the wait staff the day of the wedding. People told us you don't eat at your wedding. NOT TRUE at GP! The wait staff ensured my husband and I had our food first. We were able to eat and enjoy our food while the guests made their way through the buffet line! The wait staff then checked in with us throughout the night. They made sure we had everything we needed and kept our glasses full!

Kristy Vessenmeyer was our banquet manager the evening the wedding and she kept everything SMOOTH sailing for the reception. I am thankful that we had her there that evening. She is AH-MAZING!

The bartender did a great job with our signature cocktail! It was a great touch for our guests and he followed the recipe to a t!

I was a VERY detail oriented bride. I had a lot of "extras" I wanted added and the GP made sure to accommodate to the best of their ability!

Thank you the staff of GP for making our wedding dreams COME TRUE!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Diane · Married on 11/19/2012

We cant thank the Grand Plaza enough for how special they made our day. We live in the UK and booked our Florida wedding and were unsure on which location to go for, and as soon as we looked up The Grand Plaza we knew that was where we wanted to get married. Gloria was our wedding planner at the Grand Plaza. Gloria is truly fabulous. Due to where we live, all communication was done via email, and every email i sent was responded to promptly and Gloria went through everything with us. The hotel is in a perfect location, the beach is absolutely gorgeous. I also booked the glamour room at the hotel to use to get ready in, and the room is fabulous. All involved in our wedding at the Grand Plaza made our day magical. The food and decorations at out reception dinner was amazing. Thankyou so much.

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Jena

Jena · Married on 11/03/2012

I can't say enough about The Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel. It was an absolute incredible venue!!! The hotel itself was beautiful, and the staff and service were excellent! Our wedding consultant, Cherish Coddington, was AMAZING!!! She was so organized, professional, yet very easy-going and flexible. I felt like so much of the stress was relieved, because of all of her help. She really made the experience worth while and enjoyable :) Everything ran so smoothly, and the food was absolutely scrumptious!! I had never stayed at The Grand Plaza, until I began my wedding planning adventure...and I've lived in the Tampa/St. Pete area all my life :) I will definitely continue to stay at The Grand for future vacation destinations!! Love, love, love this place!!!

Sent on 01/29/2013
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/20/2012

The Grand Plaza was the perfect venue for our big day!!! When we first set foot into the Presidential Ballroom, we knew THIS was the place!!! You cannot get a better view of the Gulf from such a beautiful room. Gloria Zak was wonderful. She made every step of the way easy and enjoyable and handled all our last minute changes with ease. Claudia did a great job (along with the ballroom staff) getting everything set up for the reception and everything was just as I had pictured. Every single guest at our wedding said it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to, and I truly believe The Grand Plaza was a big part of that. We had a lot of out of town guests who stayed at the hotel, and the rest of the staff was accommodating and friendly making it a good stay for all of our guests. We live just South of Tampa, so St. Pete Beach isn't far at all, and we plan to return to the Grand Plaza from time to time. FABULOUS venue for a wonderful wedding!!!!!

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 10/11/2012

We absolutely loved the Grand Plaza. Cherish was our wedding coordinator and we booked over a year in advance. Any time I had questions or concerns, Cherish was just an email or phone call away. I never had to worry about anything, because I knew I was being taken care of by wonderful, professional people.
    On the day of our wedding, Cherish took care of everything. The reception was held in the Presidential Ballroom, which the staff made look gorgeous! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and I will highly recommend the Grand Plaza to every person I know.
    Nothing but warm thoughts and memories of the Grand Plaza. My husband and I will be visiting them, whenever we can. It's now our favorite beach spot!
    **Tip - get married on a weekday, everything is pretty much 1/2 the price of a Fri-Sun wedding :) Can't beat that!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Stacey · Married on 10/06/2012

Jen was my coordinator at Grand Plaza. She replied to emails very quickly. She was there to answer any questions I had and provided me with a list of venders. We ended up using Hurricane's and Connie Duglin off of her recommendations.

Grand Plaza was an awesome venue. They set up all of the chairs outside on the beach, put all of the chair covers/sashes on the chairs inside the venue, put out our guest book/table numbers/centerpieces/placecards, they also put out our cake knife and party favors. Then when the reception was over they cleaned up everything and put all of the sashes/napkins/centerpieces to the side so I could pick them up the next day.

The staff was awesome during the reception. The bartender Lloyd was great and remembered my drink (rum and coke) every time I walked up to the bar. After the wedding was over they boxed up the top tier of our wedding cake, extra food, and extra cake for my fiance and I to eat later.

Grand Plaza made the entire process very stress free. They entire staff was friendly and always answered our questions quickly. There was a wedding being held on the beach in an unapproved off sight location right next to Grand Plaza where ours was going to be held. They moved our wedding to the other side of the beach so our pictures wouldn't have another wedding lurking. I really appreciated them moving ours so our pictures would turn out awesome.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

I've been meaning to write a review for 2.5 years, but am apparently a very forgetful person. My husband and I got married in September of 2012 at the Grand Plaza and we worked with Jen. She was great- very professional and very responsive. Like most brides, I had millions of questions, and she would immediately email me back with answers. Living in Ohio and doing a destination wedding had its challenges, however, the staff at the Grand Plaza made it easy with only seeing our wedding venue once before the actual wedding. The food was fantastic and since we had our reception on the room on the 12th floor, the 180 degree view of the beach and the water was simply beautiful. When we got married, the Glamour room was brand new (room for the bridal party to get ready in) and it was a fun place to get ready, with all the mirrors, lounges, etc. that you'd need preparing for the special day. Overall I loved the Grand Plaza and have been back to visit Bongo's a couple times since.

Sent on 02/07/2015

They did a PHENOMINAL JOB! I recommend this place! Gloria is the absolute best!!!! Best and prettiest wedding ever!

Sent on 09/16/2012

The Grand Plaza threw me a gorgeous wedding! I can't say one bad thing about their team. Cherish was my wedding coordinator, she is the best! The rest of the staff was very accommodating also! Our suite was beautiful also and had plenty of room to get ready in. Thank you

Sent on 08/12/2012

Gregory & Adoree · Married on 07/16/2012

The Grand Plaza Hotel is the place to get married in Florida. The staff is friendly, the rooms spacious, and the food was great! But most of all, their wedding planners are AMAZING!! They helped us from the very start and through the whole ceremony. The knowledge and service they provide was always above and beyond our expectations. We will definitely return for our anniversaries to come.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Denise · Married on 07/11/2012

We just got married at the Grand Plaza and couldn't have been happier with our experience! From first contacting them and inquiring about the hotel, to our last goodbye and check out, it was a terrific experience! Our wedding planner, Gloria was amazing! She always promptly responded to our questions. On our wedding day it was raining at our ceremony time. Gloria and Cherish put no pressure on us to move the ceremony indoors, and gave us complete flexibility on the timing so we could hold off and hope for the rain to stop! In the end, they were supportive of our choice to go for it even though it was lightly raining! Gloria stood out with us during the ceremony and never complained! The vendor referrals they gave us were all great to work with and they all love working with the Grand Plaza, which is a good reference to me! We will be going back for our one year anniversary to celebrate again at the Grand Plaza!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Katie, our wedding coordinator, and all the staff at the Grand Plaza were so nice and helpful. They made our wedding day perfect! The view from the presidental ballroom is breathtaking and the food was good! The front desk even upgraded our room to the penthouse suite for free!!!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Kathleen · Married on 07/02/2012

The Grand Plaza is a stunning venue for a Wedding! The staff there are very friendly and accomodating, and the property is very well taken care of. For our Wedding we had the rehearsal there, and had a gathering at Bongo's Beach Bar following. The food was delicious, and I was very impressed with the set up! On the day of our Wedding, I booked the Glamour room for the girls to get ready in. This is a MUST, cause the name says it all!! My only suggestion is that they put music in there. For our dinner, we had the Presidential Ballroom. It was breathtaking. Stunning. A must see! The dinner was amazing, and we have been getting compliments ever since. Everyone commented that it was the nicest Wedding they had ever seen. The hotel upgraded us and the parents to presidential rooms! It was a nice touch, much appreciated! Gloria was my wedding coordinator from the hotel. She was fantastic!! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Sierra · Married on 06/22/2012

My advice to future brides for a venue, CHOOSE GRAND PLAZA HOTEL! The price is right for what you get and no matter what ballroom you choose or what ceremony site you choose it is all breath-taking! The hotel staff and wedding coordinator takes care of almost everything. For my whole wedding venue; ceremony and reception sites; all of the food and drinks, not including alcohol; linens, tables, and chairs; bartender and staff; we paid a little over $8,000, which is very good for all that we got! My coordinator was Cherish and she was amazing! All wedding have drama to an extent, but she helped me get through it all! I promise if you choose The Grand Plaza Hotel, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Rachel · Married on 06/15/2012

I just got married in the Imperial Ballroom at the Grand Plaza. My coordinator was Gloria and she was amazing! So responsive and took care of all of my concerns and questions. We had a buffet and the food was amazing! The hotel also just recently expanded the bar area and my guests loved the new space. I stayed in a Penthouse and it was worth the extra money. Beautiful view and plenty of space. Can't say enough good things about the Grand Plaza!

Sent on 06/26/2012

heather · Married on 06/04/2012

Jen was my wedding coordinator. She was absolutely the best thing i could ask for. She helped me plan my wedding only 5 months in advance and did an amazing job. We emailed a lot and it would not take more than a day to receive an email back, most of the time it was within the day. Everything ran so calm and smooth the day of, I would recommened Jen and the Grand Plaza to anyone getting married. The south beach was gorgeous and we got some great pics. Our reception started at 7 30 pm which is later than most and Jen and her staffed stayed until we were done at 11 30 PM. If you book this place, ask that Llyod be your bartender her was amazing too and all of my guest and myself loved getting to know him that night.

Sent on 06/14/2012