The Grand Plaza Resort Reviews

302 | Saint Petersburg, FL

302 Reviews for The Grand Plaza Resort

• Deb

Deb · Married on 01/14/2017

The best thing I did for my wedding was book the Grand Plaza. Tatyana was amazing and answered all of my questions right away. Guests are still talking about the food as well, it was perfect. I could not of had a better day!

Sent on 01/20/2017
  • F

Catherine · Married on 12/17/2016

The Grand Plaza was so easy to work with and our wedding was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Tatyana was our main contact and she put forth effort in every way to ensure and all of our questions were answered and that everything ran smoothly. Our guests loved that venue and food!!

Sent on 02/06/2016

M · Married on 12/11/2016

Yes, the view is spectacular... as are the food and drinks, what makes this an amazing location is the staff! Tatyana was an AMAZING coordinator and addressed every concern we had (including several last minute, day of, completely out of the box requests from a few of our vendors). They include a cake from local vendor (Sweet Madness was amazing) as well a penthouse suite for a night.

But it was the little things: the ENTIRE staff from ground up were super sweet, kind, patient, professional, and helpful whenever possible. We had several family members with mobility issues, and they were so accommodating in helping provide transport and care. The room "rate" was very affordable for what is provided, parking priority for guests was appreciated, their coordination with vendor teams was outstanding [and their recommendations were appreciated]... and of course, accommodating our request to include a four-legged flower girl and have our pup join in the ceremony made it all worthwhile. If we had to do it again, we would not hesitate to book the Presidential Ballroom all over again.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Annaka · Married on 11/12/2016

Tori Elkington was the BEST wedding planner. She made planning our wedding so easy. We communicated through email most of the time and she was very quick with her responses. The Grand Plaza was absolutely beautiful. Our wedding was a dream come true.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Kristina · Married on 11/11/2016

Grand Plaza, Grand Plaza, Grand Plaza, Tatyana, Tatyana, Tatyana!!!! Oh my goodness, we had such an amazing experience with the hotel and honestly LOVED our coordinator Tatyana! The hotel is EXTREMELY helpful with any request/ wish you may have regarding your wedding. If it's possible they will make it happen! Literally every single staff member you come in contact with is so nice and very helpful. From Tammy at the front desk, to Rob the bell hop, to Patti at Bongos to Claudia (who approved our after-wedding-brunch) and many people in between- you are completely taken care of here! Above all, the most helpful, patient, easy-to- work-with, positive, upbeat, sweetest person we worked with was the best coordinator ever.. Tatyana!! She is amazing!! We must have exchanged 200 e-mails and dozens of phone calls! She was so quick to respond, and tried her hardest to get whatever we needed taken care of. She even pulled off the Brunch to end all brunches!!! haha She is truly a bride's best friend when planning a wedding. I also need to give some major props to another coordinator named Kate! She is so fun, helpful and easy to get along with. These girls are SO SWEET, any bride would be lucky to have either of these ladies helping to plan their wedding! Thank you so much Grand Plaza and everyone mentioned for all that you did to make our wedding the best day of our lives :)
    - Kristina and Steven Borden

Sent on 01/03/2017
  • BeachBride2016

Lara · Married on 11/04/2016

Wow, how do I ever say thank you enough to the Grand Plaza for hosting my perfect wedding?? They are beyond amazing at what they do - and boy do they do a lot! This was the only venue we had an onsite tour of and we didn't have to look any further after that and booked the same weekend (and book soon - they fill up fast!). I never had to worry about a thing during the planning process or on the big day. Their ceremony sites are well maintained and beautiful for that picture perfect FL beach ceremony we all dream of. And their ballrooms - wow. You cannot go wrong with any of the options there. We chose the downstairs Imperial ballroom for it's open space and the attached patio that we used for our cocktail hour. Food is fantastic and Barbara the Bartender comes with our highest recommendations! She is awesome at what she does and just so, so nice. Most of the coordinators there had their own weddings there BEFORE they ever worked there! What does that tell you?? Best value on the beach - seriously, it's a steal for a FL beach wedding!

A very special kudos to our coordinator Tatyana Adams who helped calm my nerves on more than a few occasions and was always readily available to answer my hundreds of questions throughout the process. She is a true professional and I cannot recommend her enough! Seriously, request her - she is the BEST!!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband, Jeff and I, were married October 29,2016. We looked at 5 vendors. The grand plaza being our 2nd. I didn't wanna look any further after seeing the presidential ballroom at the grand plaza! I was in love. We had a morning wedding so a view of the ocean during the whole ceremony! We were upgraded to a penthouse at no extra cost which was awesome cause when we booked our room to begin with we wanted a penthouse and none were available. We worked with Amanda at first and then Tori who was AMAZING! she was very responsive! Helpful! Made suggestions and didn't mind my "stressed out bride" emails I would send.. freaking out about the little things:) they had a beautiful bamboo arch we used at the wedding ... centerpieces were included which was awesome cause they were exactly what I wanted to begin with. The staff was super friendly! I had people coming up to me 2 days after the wedding saying "we saw you and you were gorgeous!" "I loved your tiara!" "Beautiful wedding!" Which was exciting to me that they remembered who I was! My wedding was with the resort ... my reception was at the resort and we stayed at the resort and it was all PERFECT!!

Sent on 11/03/2016
  • 2016beachwedding

Lisa · Married on 10/26/2016

There is just not enough good words to say here. We went to view the hotel back in February planning an October wedding. Tatyana was amazing, you could simply not be in better hands. She had all the time in the world for us, no rushing and answered our many questions in detail and is so friendly. We were sent up to the roof top bar after for a drink and WOW, it's amazing. We booked the next day! The low deposit is so great and payments make it easier to budget. Our food tasting was spectacular, they sat is in the revolving restaurant and the food was amazing - literally every single food item we loved. We were planning a small wedding but it might as well of been a huge wedding for the time and effort Tatyana put into helping bring everything together for us. I wanted to do mini cocktails with cocktail sticks in the them for table assignments and she had no problem helping making it happen. Our ceremony and reception area I was able to decorate early which was great. The hotel room view is amazing too with the balcony. The presidential ballroom is breath taking - there is no other word. We took Tatyana's recommendations for band and photographer and oh my god does she know her stuff, we are extremely happy with both and would highly recommend them too. We loved everything and even continued the evening on the roof top bar with our guests the reception ended. Everyone adored the venue and seriously I put a huge amount of peoples enjoyment down to Tatyana's help in making it an amazing day. I wouldn't change a single thing. Please don't bypass this venue in your search for a wedding venue as you will not find better and I can hand on heart say you won't find a better day of coordinator. I hope hotel management read this and recognize that Tatyana is worth her weight in gold! We viewed 5 venues in St Pete and not one of the other coordinators had a patch on her and none other hotels had the wow factor that the Presidential Ballroom has. Thanks, Lisa

Sent on 11/02/2016

Janis · Married on 10/23/2016

Perfect!!!! The wedding coordinators at the Grand Plaza are just amazing. They took care of everything we needed them to and more. Food was wonderful. Would recommend Grand Plaza to any couple looking for a beautiful beach wedding!!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Christine · Married on 10/15/2016

We held our reception at Grand Plaza on October 15th in the Imperial ballroom and it was absolutely AMAZING! We are so happy with our choice to use Grand Plaza and would highly recommend this venue!! We had the pleasure of working with Amanda and Kate for our wedding and they both were very responsive & helpful. They were truly a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process! We did not have to worry about anything for our reception because we knew Kate had everything under control. The cocktail hour food, drinks and reception food were delicious! We had countless guests let us know how much they enjoyed everything! The staff at Grand Plaza was phenomenal and the ballroom looked perfect. We cannot thank Grand Plaza enough for making our wedding so special!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Fully helpful! Nice staff and the ease of planning of our wedding effortless!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/18/2016

When I first started with the grand plaza I started with Amanda and then she went on maternity leave and Kate took over. Both ladies were wonderful to work with and always were fast with responding to my emails. I was always at ease working with them even though I lived in Illinois. Kate was great organizing everything for the wedding and making sure everyone knew what they were doing at the rehearsal. The wedding went flawless. We had the imperial ballroom and it was beautiful! The staff was very kind and friendly even serving me and my husband from our buffet. I will always recommend this place to get married.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Kathy · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our wedding there last sat and everything we amazing. Kate and the team there are on the ball with everything. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and it was perfect. Thank you we will be back on our anniversary to celebrate.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Samantha · Married on 07/16/2016

The Grand Plaza was absolutely amazing! They made our wedding exactly what we expected and even more. We had the best wedding planner Kate Finan and couldnt have done it without her!! We had an amazing wedding! The staff is awesome! I would recommend them 100%!

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • Gallagher Peters Wedding

Cate · Married on 06/24/2016

We could not be more happy with the choice we made in selecting Grand Plaza as our wedding venue! First of all, the location is splendid! Our wedding coordinator was Tori and she was an absolute DREAM to work with! She was so friendly, organized, and helpful! She went above and beyond for us. Grand Plaza is a wedding machine- but in the best way! You can fully expect that even at this busy venue, your special day feels so private and it's like you're the only wedding they're concerned with. The staff was remarkable! All of our guests raved about how nice and helpful everyone was. And the food- DELICIOUS! We used the Crystal Ballroom of our ceremony and the Imperial for our reception and both spaces were pristine and delightful. We even stayed at the venue in a Penthouse suite and the view was to die for! We couldn't have been happier with the level of service and care that Tori and everyone at GP provided to us. They truly helped make it the happiest day of our lives!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Chris · Married on 05/01/2016

Excellent location and help. This venue does over 600 weddings per year and it shows. They know exactly what they are doing. Amanda was more than helpful with everything we needed. She walked us through each step, even after we were a bit unresponsive (our fault entirely). Everything went smoothly and Grand Plaza was always there to help out. If you are looking for a beach wedding, look no further. The venue, location and staff are all amazing.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Clare · Married on 04/15/2016

We had our wedding at the Grand Plaza on 04/15/16 and everything was absolutely perfect and exceeded our expectations. We booked the venue because we fell in love with the view from the Presidential Ballroom, we knew we wanted a beach ceremony, and because Tatyana had been so helpful and responsive with our initial questions. Tatyana was our wedding coordinator throughout the whole process, and she went above and beyond. She was quick to respond to all of the questions I had, and she was just lovely to work with. I am so grateful for Tatyana as well as the entire hotel staff for making our wedding weekend so wonderful. If you are looking for a venue for your wedding, I highly recommend the Grand Plaza! We had about 60 guests in the Presidential Ballroom, and it was perfect for us.

Sent on 04/22/2016

You cannot compare this hotel to other venues on the beach - it is one of a kind! From the beautiful venue to the top notch wedding coordinator (we had Amanda) - planning our wedding was as stress free as it could be and I can honestly say I had the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 08/07/2016
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 03/22/2016

Tatyana from the Grand Plaza helped my husband and I have the small destination wedding of my dreams. We originally had a rehearsal dinner scheduled at bongos but due to bad weather they moved it inside for us pronto. The next day the weather was absolutely beautiful and we had our ceremony on the beach and our reception in the presidential ballroom. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciated Tatyana's professionalism, responsiveness and calm demeanor on the day of.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Stacey · Married on 03/17/2016

What a wonderful wedding we had! The view from the presidential ballroom says enough itself! Our ceremony was flawless along with our food etc. Tori was amazing at helping us out, corresponding with us, and organizing our day. We also had the glam room for the day of the wedding which was a plus that many other venues do not offer. Like I said the view alone did it for me but the staff, food, location, and accommodations made it that much easier to choose the grand plaza.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Mariel · Married on 01/30/2016

I'm not sure where to start, but the Grand Plaza was awesome.
    From the start we had Gloria as our Catering Manager. I was feeling Reception Venue searching fatigue by the time I met her. My parents had met with her prior to me and were singing Gloria praises. My husband and I then came to visit and it was honestly Gloria who sold us on the Grand Plaza. She was just so organized, direct, and flexible. I like to say I'm not a good bride because wedding planning was a hassle to me. I knew I wanted a place that would leave little for me to plan and someone who could help me make decisions without wavering, since I can be so indecisive, but at the same time be open and flexible to my wishes - that whole package was Gloria.
    Nearing the end of our planning we switched to Hilary. Between myself, Gloria, and Hilary, there must have been 75 emails. They were wonderful and prompt and would even calm my worries, even if it was something as small as the way our napkins were folded. Gloria was there for our wedding reception and I cannot even say how incredible it was. I am still feeling the high from my wedding reception. The food and food tasting was absolutely on point - and I need to mention here that even our waitress at our food tasting was so incredibly kind and encouraging. The whole staff made me feel at east and actually excited about this wedding planning thing. The room was set-up beautifully and the view is perfect. Everything was met to our standards, and we got so many compliments on our wedding.
    Beyond the wedding itself, we also got a ton of compliments about the hotel. We had mostly out-of-towners, and not for a second were they bored because of all the things to do. As I said the ALL the staff of the hotel were gracious hosts and everyone could relax and enjoy themselves. We even had a dance party at Bongos the night before because the music was just so fun. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I could not have done it without the Grand Plaza.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Jess · Married on 01/17/2016

I would like to give 5 stars to this venue and Tori! I came in from out of town, not really knowing what to expect. We had planned the whole wedding via email. When I had arrived everything was decorated nicely, we were actually upgraded to a larger room at the last minute and the entire staff was top notch. I would recommend the venue to anyone and the people who helped put the event together obviously had done this a time or two :) We brought in a large bike for photos and the Grand Plaza stored it for us. Any questions were answered and addressed promptly. Can not say enough!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Everything went smoothly with the help of their wonderful staff. Everything you need is all in one place. They are very accommodating to guests. Beautiful place! Everyone is still talking about our wedding a year later. Will definitely be back there again to stay.

Sent on 12/04/2016

AMAZING!!! I had a destination wedding here and Tatyana was a blessing to work with. All the staff for the wedding, the rehearsal dinner at Bongos, the kindness of everyone in the hotel made our dream wedding come true :)

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • christine

christine · Married on 10/03/2015

Beautiful Venue!!

My husband and I got married at the Grand Plaza 12.07.19! After I looked and visited many places on the beach, I knew instantly Grand Plaza was the perfect place for an elegant beach wedding! The glamour room was also amazing and my girls and I enjoyed getting ready in it, pictures turned out great! Highly recommend it if its available on your day ! We got married in the imperial room and it was perfect for our size of guests (140) with plenty of room for dancing. We got so many compliments on the food too !

We had a couple different wedding coordinators however they communicated well and ensured nothing was overlooked or missed. Our Wedding day went out without a glitch! We worked with Krystn Simmons most of the year (along with our planner Brittney with Kimberly Hensley wedding events ). Krystn was so prompt at answering my questions and very helpful ! In regards to final details, she made sure we had all the right information/options so we could decide the best one for us :) Gloria Zak with her team ensured our day went on without a glitch ! Justine Bragg was amazing as she lead me from the first look with my dad back to the glamour room before the ceremony (without my groom spying me !:) )

I've heard from others not to expect perfection on my wedding day as things may happen outside your control. I have to say, it surpassed perfection as it was better than I imagined! If you are wanting a beach wedding with class and elegance, I highly Grand Plaza ! Thank you all so much for making our wedding day so beautiful :) See the attached photos, photos taken by NeilShannon Photography and flowers by Iza Flowers !

Sent on 01/27/2020