The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar Reviews

157 | Anna Maria, FL

157 Reviews for The Grand Pavilion at The Sandbar

Amanda · Married on 03/31/2010

Patty was our coordinator and she was a star! She helped us plan a wonderful wedding that everyone enjoyed. She managed all the little kinks that arose without drawing our attention to them. The food is also AMAZING.

Sent on 08/24/2010
  • jfarkas

Janeen · Married on 03/19/2010

I cannot say enough about The Sandbar. My husband and I went on our first vacation together [long, long before we were married] to Anna Maria Island and had lunch at The Sandbar while they were setting up a wedding. From that very moment we knew we would get married there but we had no idea how fantastic Patti and all of the staff at the restaurant would be. After we set the menu, gave them a list of the vendors we were using, and arranged for them to do the flowers [talk about a one-stop-shop] ... all we had to do was show up! Planning a wedding from a thousand miles away is an interesting experience. I had to totally trust what was going on because I was not there to control the details. When I arrived everything was better than I pictured it and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had whatever we needed. In addition, they have the most beautiful beach for a ceremony. We were so lucky to stumble on this perfect venue five years before we needed it. Thanks a million Sandbar!!! Our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 12/01/2010
  • SunSand

Sandra · Married on 02/27/2010

Patti from the Sandbar has all the knowledge and experience any bride needs to plan her day. The food was absolutely great and the bar was ran smoothly. Sandy from the Sandbar was great too. If you need anything these ladies really do whatever it takes to make it happen.
    Patti made sure we ate and saved some appetizers for us so we could taste them since we were taking pictures during the cocktail hour. We were also given a takeout box with food so we could take to the hotel on our wedding night. Small details like these make all the difference for the bride and groom.
    Patti responds to all e-mails in a timely and cheerful manner, always willing to help.
    Brides to be, you can't go wrong with the Sandbar. =)
    Thanks Patti and the rest of the team!

Sent on 03/07/2010

Stacy · Married on 11/21/2009

We can't thank Patti and Janice enough for all they have done for us! They were amazing! We had a lot of last minute details that they did for us no quesions asked! They made our wedding so great! We TOTALLY recommend the Sandbar and are planning on coming back to visit! Thank you SOOOOO much!

Sent on 12/15/2009

Katie · Married on 11/20/2009

Our wedding took place at The Sandbar on November 20, 2009. Our day was absolutely PERFECT thanks to Patti McKee and her wonderful staff at The Sandbar! I researched several venues before deciding on The Sandbar and I'm so glad I had Patti to help plan this wedding. She is so incredibly helpful - she provided several recommendations for our guests' accommodations (we had one couple only staying 1 night on the island and she helped me find a great place that didn't require a minimum of 3 nights), she provided feedback as to how we could make this venue work for our very small wedding (30 guests), she answered all of my questions about wedding stuff in general (I was so clueless when I started planning) and BEST of all - she was always available to get on the phone with me if I had questions and she responded to my emails immediately. It was so easy - ladies seriously, she rocks and I can't say enough about my experience with Patti and The Sandbar. We made several random requests, for example making sure there were some appetizers set aside for Marc & I while we had our sunset photos taken, several beers/liquors that we wanted to have stocked in the bar, etc. Patti will accommodate anything you ask for on your special day. I read this in a review before I booked our wedding and it really is true. I also requested blackened grouper for our dinner buffet and upgraded to the filet; both were incredible and our guests complimented the food all night. The oysters were also a huge hit during our cocktail hour and I recommend getting the fruit & cheese pineapple tree. It was amazing to look at and the fruit and cheese were so fresh. Our champagne glasses were always full, the bartender was great and Patti worked her tail off for us; I can't say thank you enough. Patti made the planning so easy and our guests were amazed at the beautiful setting, food and ambiance.

Sent on 01/13/2010

Kelly · Married on 11/12/2009

I have NO IDEA where to start! Patti McGee was wonderful to work with, she was flexible, offered kind words of wisdom, and had patience for my anxiety ridden mom! She was right on top of everything and got back to us immediately with information. Nonetheless, when the big day came- she was calm and filled with a generous willingness to help us enjoy it! It was a pleasure to work with Patti and the crew at the Sandbar- they made us feel so unique and attended to- thank you!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Gail · Married on 10/29/2009

On October 2009 my daughter was married and had her reception at the Sandbar Restaurant on Anna Maria Island. Being from Buffalo NY and planning a long distance wedding, we had no idea what we were doing. Patti McKee, at the Sandbar was our wedding angel. She helped us with everything, set up, food selection, decorations, etc. Patti and her staff should be commended for the wonderful and professional service they gave us. Everything was wonderful and many of her suggestions helped to make it even more memorable. I would recommend the Sandbar to anyone looking to have a tropical beach wedding and I have already! Many thanks again to Patti for making my daughters wedding the one she was dreaming of!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Shannon · Married on 10/24/2009

If you are interested in the Sandbar (particularly for a fall or spring wedding) book now - their calendar fills up fast! As AMI regulars, we spend a lot of time on the beach and we knew in advance that this portion of the beach is very busy - and ceremonies on the beach here can be less than private. For this reason, we held our ceremony elsewhere. The reception pavilion, however, is very private.You cannot beat this place for a gorgeous wedding reception - the food is great, the view is spectacular, and Patti and Janice (the event coordinators) are extremely easy to work with and will help you to customize your event.

Sent on 11/17/2009

Megan · Married on 07/03/2009

Working with The Sandbar was a breeze. Reserving a date was quite the process but that was because it is such a popular place and they do such great work. We worked with Patti and she was great. She provided us with all the information we needed even allowing us to stand inside their office's with the air conditioning on in the middle of July so we wouldn't melt! Thank you Patti! The FOOD WAS PHENOMINAL! I wanted to keep eating but had to make the rounds to Thank everyone for coming! I truly appreciate how helpful the staff was. They took such an interest in the entire wedding and frequently stopped by the head table to check and see if we needed anything. They cleared the plates in a timely manner and attended to us. They were so nice, fun and a joy to be around. Patti even helped organize the wedding party when they needed to be straightened out:) Overall our experience was great! Thank you to The Sandbar for such a memorable occasion!

Sent on 04/13/2010

Katie · Married on 06/26/2009

The Sandbar is the perfect place to have a beach wedding! They did EVERYTHING for me. It was awesome to be able to spend the morning of my wedding with my bridesmaids at a spa while the Sandbar staff decorated and took care of everything! The location is of course picture perfect and the food was delicious! The service was great! We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 04/12/2011
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 05/14/2009

The Sandbar was incredible! My husband and I live in Minnesota and I was apprehensive about planning a destination wedding when I could only visit the location once. The staff at the Sandbar, specifically Patti, were amazing! They offered suggestions on vendors such as photography and DJ, and they were incredibly easy to work with. The response time from Patti was stellar. I always received a response e-mail within 24 hours. The location was gorgeous. Everything is located on the sand and the water is just steps away from the ceremony. There couldn't be a more perfect location!

Sent on 06/02/2009

Katie · Married on 05/09/2009

The Sandbar was Perfect! Chris and I looked around at many beach wedding venues and as soon as we stumbled in we knew this was the place! The food was delicious (they even made sure we got to eat our food DURING the reception and sent us home with some leftovers), and the weather was perfect!

Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and my little cousins said it was the most "awesomest" vacation they have ever been on! :) I really liked how we were able to personalize our wedding and make it our own.

Sent on 06/09/2009
  • I

Megan · Married on 05/03/2009

I cannot think of a more beautiful, relaxed setting for a wedding! Talk about romance! Can you imagine anything more romantic than saying your vows on the beach with the waves gently lapping in and the sun setting in the background? Patti did an AWESOME job of making sure everything ran smoothly..down to remembering hankies for the Mom of the bride!
    The food was superb, the staff was friendly and accomodating...I cannot say enough about the SandBar and staff! We had people with special dinner needs and they made sure that it was noted. And the chocolate fountain!! Do check it out! Highly recommend you go to www.groupersandwich.com, click on special events, and look for yourself!
    Patti, Janice and their staff deserve special recognation for all they do, it is truly a remarkable, magical setting for your special day.

Sent on 06/12/2009

Diana · Married on 05/01/2009

My husband and I got married on Anna Maria Island in May. I made preferred seating reservations for the SandBar two weeks in advance. Following our beach ceremony, our party had a wonderful sunset dinner! The placed was packed, but service was outstanding! Everyone cheered for us as we were seated. We had a wonderful table looking out over the water. The food was delicious. We're planning to eat there for our first anniversary.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Angie · Married on 03/29/2009

Patti was great! She helped us out so much and everything ran so smoothly. All of our guests had such a great time and the food was excellent. Me and my husband were able to enjoy our day because Patti made sure everything was as we requested. We checked around at many other locations in the area and the Sandbar had the best value for the cost. I would definitely recommend the Sandbar for anyone's wedding. Book early though if you want a Saturday wedding!!!

Sent on 05/28/2009

Liz · Married on 02/28/2009

I have a great story about how we picked the Sandbar as the venue for our wedding: we're from Boston and were on vacation in Florida when we stumbled upon the Sandbar while on a leisurly drive one day. We stopped in for a cocktail, and when we were taken out the back to the outdoor seating on the beach, we absolutely fell in love. We were not even engaged yet, but all we did was talk about how there would be no more gorgeous place to get married than there. We sat for hours until they have their contest to see which table can come the closest to guessing the sunset time. We won. The rest is history.

Patti and her staff are AMAZING! Planning a destination wedding from Boston was tough; I only got to sit with Patti and tour the facility once. She answered all our questions, gave us all these amazing options, really worked to customize the reception for us, and even alerted us to upgrades that were included at the time in our package. The day of the wedding, they made me feel like the most special bride who ever got married there! The food was great, the service was fantastic, and, of course, it doesn't hurt that their wedding pavilion sits on one of the most gorgeous beaches in the country. We wanted a band, and they worked with us and the band to make sure we could make it work because of the noise restraints on the beach. We didn't have any stress that day and wanted for nothing. It was a great value and the relaxed, yet elegant day of my dreams. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/04/2009

Sarah · Married on 02/21/2009

Love, Love Love the Sandbar. We had such a great experience working with the Sandbar. The venue is so simple and beautiful and really allows you to make it your own with all the beauty of the outdoors. The staff was wonderful, flexible and professional. The food was amazing from start to finish. Overall This was a night I will never forget and much of it is thanks to The Sandbar

Sent on 06/07/2012

Michelle · Married on 02/12/2009

Austyn and Patti are amazing!!! The Sandbar went FAR beyond our expectations!! It was an amazingly perfect day and the Sandbar was a huge part of that! The service, the food and the staff were incredible, I can't recommend them highly enough! If you're looking for a place to get married or have an event this is it!! After you see the place you'll stop looking, it's that great!! The prices were very reasonable, especially for the delicious food and level of customer service that they provide!! Anna Maria Island is beautiful and definitely worth driving to, we came all the way from Orlando! Do yourself a favor and check it out, I feel confident that you'll love everything about it!

Sent on 04/19/2009

Brandy · Married on 06/20/2008

The Sandbar Restaurant did an excellent job for my husband and me. They were helpful and made sure that everything was taken care of for our special day. Not only did they provide us with our ceremony site and the reception site, they also provided a site for our rehearsal dinner. Both Patti and Austyn, the wedding coordinators at the Sandbar, were involved and made sure that the wedding day was perfect. There were no problems and no worries about any details. Everything was taken care of through them and I could not have asked for nicer people to work with and a more beautiful site to be married.

Sent on 07/18/2008

Chris · Married on 06/18/2008

Little did I know that when I first visited the Sandbar for an afternoon Happy Hour back in 1986,that I would frequent the establishment during my visits to Anna Maria Island. Little did I know back then that I would be married at the Sandbar, on the same beach I played, walked, and hung around, 22 years later.
    The meals have never been disappointing. The service was utterly fantastic. The venue...second to none. Their new remodel absolutely floored me. They did a great job. The best can get better!
    Patti McKee was a joy to work with. Planning a destination wedding from 1,000 miles away is no easy task. Her role, along with all other "players" in our wedding, certainly helped take the edge off, that's for sure.
    It will always be debated whether a wedding planner would have made the planing easier from long distance. We did not use one, and put forth the "sweat equity" ourselves. A little more work. However, at least in our case, because we did all of our own work, we were able to work and get to know some great people, like Patti. Our thanks to her for all of her timely and responsive help, and her wonderful persona!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2008

An amazing venue for a wedding. I didn't have to do anything but tell the date and time of the wedding and what color table cloths I wanted. They were extremely easy to deal with and the nicest people. I would recommend this site to anyone wanting a beach wedding and not wanting costs to be crazy!

Sent on 08/26/2008
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 04/12/2008

The Sandbar on Anna Maria Island was the most charming location for our wedding. Patti and Austyn and the rest of the staff took care of EVERY detail. They are truly a well-oiled machine, but still made our wedding unique and personal to us. Our ceremony took place on the beach in front of the pavillion and our reception immediately followed. They were so accomadating, especially since our total number of guests kept changing up until the day of the wedding. The food was just perfect. Formal enough for a wedding, but not stuffy at all and in keeping with a beach theme! We wanted special request dishes such as raw oysters and stone crab claws and it was no problem. Also we skipped a wedding cake and went straight for the key lime pie which the Sandbar provided, and it was delicious. The whole staff was professional, and it really felt like a huge party, which is what we wanted.

Sent on 07/02/2008

Tiffany · Married on 03/30/2008

I loved the Sandbar! I'm so pleased with every aspect of the venue!

Sent on 04/11/2008

Heather · Married on 04/28/2017

Luis and the staff at the Sandbar were amazing, responsive and willing to do whatever they needed to do to make our special day just perfect. From the decor assistance, to the food and the bar everything was top notch. Luis even kept coming around to us to make sure we had drinks and that everything was going smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in a picturesque setting with impeccable service! The value for your money here was also stellar!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Becky · Married on 01/02/2016

The Sandbar was the perfect venue for our beach wedding. Patti is one of the most flexible and professional event planners I've ever met! She handled all of our random requests with a smile, and was extremely helpful on the big day. We used the Sandbar to cater our rehearsal dinner at the Studio on Pine, which was great since we got to meet the staff for our wedding day then. The food and bar service was incredible, and the location was truly spectacular. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a beach wedding in the Sarasota area!

Sent on 01/13/2016